Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 130 131 132
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2017-08-24 21:12:31
Link | Citer | R

The guide is extremely outdated, as should be evident by looking at it.
 Cerberus.Resetti
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2017-08-24 22:41:54
Link | Citer | R

Holliday is a good choice for nonRMEA!

A very underrated weapon is the Imati +1! Coupled with a good snapshot set and trueflight set you will be pushing some good numbers on bosses. Before I got my Gastraphetes I used the Imati +1 on Omen bosses for 30-40k trueflights (with geo and no weather) . I used Achiyalabopa bolt which you can buy with plasm. I didn't have a last stand set when I used Imati +1 as I was mainly a bow ranger but I think if you did build a set it would be a really good option for you!

I tried doomsday but didn't like it but it may be an upgrade to what you are using currently. Marksmanship is definitely the way to go for nonRMEA.

Lastly Forri-Porri will be your go-to for the best nonRMEA ammo! You just have to have plasm to buy it! There are multiple kinds of ammo you can buy just make sure you are buying anything labeled Achiyalabopa and you're good!

Hope this helps some!

Good luck!
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-25 00:15:09
Link | Citer | R

While the main guide is outdated (I'm not sure the original creator either plays at all any more, or best case isn't playing/on forums frequently), the discussion in our forum I find to be one of the most vibrant and valuable compared to other job forums. As a result, you're not going to walk into the RNG forums and get all your answers in 20 minutes of studying sets on the first page of the sticky...but in return for your time spent truly reading what now is probably the last 30-40 pages of this thread you'll get the reasons why the sets have been developed over time, and that means you'll be empowered to make your own decisions as new gear is introduced.

There have been several strong, informed voices in the RNG thread over the past 2-3 years specifically (I highlight this era as post-Escha gear...a lot changed for us with Ru'Ann and Reisenjima, and thus old metas just didn't apply any more). And no, all their knowledge and testing isn't gathered nice and neat like on other forums...but I do believe there is great value in gleaning that information one's self, and then making your own decisions based on knowledge, not cut and paste.

This isn't me being high and mighty- this is me sincerely enjoying making our community better because we all contribute and all have ideas based in facts. When we do that, we don't become beholden to old models, we can evolve better. And nothing these days brings me enjoyment in game more than discussing RNG theory with another player- something I believe is encouraged among us because there aren't just cookiecutter sets and answers put out for us.

Have fun, go shoot something, change a few things, shoot it again. Its actually more fun than you think you'll have, and definitely more fun than you've been having with "mid quality BLU TP set #3" or whatever the flavour du jour is.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-25 00:51:40
Link | Citer | R

What lacks is proper setups to utilize a Rng, from what groups I Have been in, There is far and few who even cast flurry(outside a F-ing trust) let alone songs and rolls. Cele can tell you 1st hand My rng is nowhere near top tier, but I enjoy the crap out of it and I want to do my best on any job.
Maybe it would be best to get another Forum going and up to date gear and keep it going with those who are trusted in the community.
[+]
 Sylph.Squintrox
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kollosis
By Sylph.Squintrox 2017-08-25 12:54:49
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Some questions from a returning player:

If no RMEA, what weapon type should be used? and what weapons are ideal? What WS is used?

What augs for RNG TP back piece and for WS (as advised above)?

Thanks.
As everyone has pointed out thus far, Holliday is a solid option. Before I had any my RMEA weapons I used a Doomsday and was able to crush in mage oriented CP parties. But weapons like this fall off very quickly once you start to attempt higher tier content. If you can't afford the time to build a RMEA then expect to spend the time and resources on good augments for the above mentioned guns. As far as bow goes, I dont think any of them are worth using over gun unless you have Empy or Aeonic (and i would still question using aeonic). I have AG Gandiva and I *** love it, but ***is situational and sometimes you need to use LS or TF for your setup etc. Get both types of weapon, and have a set for Last Stand, Trueflight, and Jishnu's accordingly.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-08-25 14:00:31
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Squintrox said: »
Photobucket is bad and you should feel bad for using it. Seriously though you can't embed there images anymore unless you pay like $500 a year.
 Sylph.Squintrox
By Sylph.Squintrox 2017-08-26 11:48:15
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »
Photobucket is bad and you should feel bad for using it. Seriously though you can't embed there images anymore unless you pay like $500 a year.

Rip, havent posted in a very long time, sorry not sorry.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-28 16:35:40
Link | Citer | R

For meghanada gear, hers what i suggest -

Feet if you don't have a pair of snapshot+10 Taeon feet.

2nd hands. Killer weaponskill piece.

3rd depends on your builds. The extra dead aim on the head is great, as is the extra crit damage on the body. Go with what you need the most.

Legs last. They're great melee tp piece, but that's an extra at least when the other options so directly affect ranged attacks.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-28 16:58:40
Link | Citer | R

On capes- the right to want AGI/racc/ratk/STP on your midshot/ TP build. Crit rate on a ranger cape really only has two purposes - your jishnus radiance cape (DEX/racc/ratk/ crit rate) and in a camouflage build (once you finish your job points, camouflage is boosted to a base 20%crit rate, so gearing for crit rate AND crit damage makes sense. You can pretty easily get over 50%crit rate in a camo build. The same concept applies in sets abusing the aftermath of Gandiva and Armageddon.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-29 09:43:05
Link | Citer | R

I did hands to +2 first before you replied but I will work on feet next. Then I will do head>body>legs as you suggest.
I wasted some gil trying to get the Nibiru gun (got 2 dagger and 4 polearm in 6 pops) and had no luck. I will work on getting su2 instead and just buy gun from AH I think.

I'm a little quirky in liking the feet over the hands, you did quite well. Doing feet first is a little anal but does hopefully improve preshot and be closer to self skillchain possibilities. For most the hands are a better first choice.
 Cerberus.Resetti
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2017-08-29 11:15:28
Link | Citer | R

I did hands to +2 first before you replied but I will work on feet next. Then I will do head>body>legs as you suggest.
I wasted some gil trying to get the Nibiru gun (got 2 dagger and 4 polearm in 6 pops) and had no luck. I will work on getting su2 instead and just buy gun from AH I think.

Have you looked into getting an Imati +1? I still think this is a really good option! Status bolts make a huge difference too! It's so underrated, most people don't know about how great it is!
By clearlyamule 2017-08-29 12:06:32
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of bolts with additional effects has the damage of righteous bolts been testing?

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-29 13:00:50
Link | Citer | R

Hey cele, Since you are never on when I am even though I know you are Can you post your most up to date sets for both Marks and Archery, WS, Snap, and over all /ra build. Id stalk you more in game but the /ignore-pet is strong with you.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-29 15:18:13
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Hey cele, Since you are never on when I am even though I know you are Can you post your most up to date sets for both Marks and Archery, WS, Snap, and over all /ra build. Id stalk you more in game but the /ignore-pet is strong with you.

Hehe its called two jobs and a girl. I'll go over my current lua (almost rebuilt from the crash 2 weeks ago) and make sure it's up to date and post it - I'll throw a copy into Skype for ya
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-29 15:22:55
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Hehe its called two jobs and a girl. I'll go over my current lua (almost rebuilt from the crash 2 weeks ago) and make sure it's up to date and post it - I'll throw a copy into Skype for ya
Toss a pic of her in there also /wink
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-08-29 17:47:15
Link | Citer | R

I have got the Tenzen bow already but don't know if it is worth using? I'm unlikely to get to use RNG any time very soon but want to be prepared if the option comes up.

Solid option if for some reason you need an Archery choice. Other good non-RMEA Archery options would be Nobility (Sinister Reign, from Rosulatia), Teller with good augments (Gajasimha, Reisenjima T2 NM), and Steinthor from T4/HELM (Albumen).

But yeah, you're on the right track with Holliday (or Doomsday) for your non-RMEA marksmanship choices that will work on both your COR and RNG. And most likely you would want to go gun on RNG anyway, particularly for the flexibility in WS that you don't get with bows (Trueflight for magical/light SCs, Wildfire for magical/dark SCs, Last Stand for physical). I could see a situation where you could be best to go bow and spam JR in a SC with someone though, so good to have a decent bow handy.

If you do happen to get an Imati/+1 from Unity NM or dial, hold onto it though - best non-Mythic crossbow RNG option. I don't know that there are tons of cases I'd actually pull it out over a gun, but I suppose it has a niche for status bolts.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-08-29 18:10:34
Link | Citer | R

Do people without that use gun bother to use archery over gun on piercing weak mobs or is it negligible?

I have almost every rema for rng and I really never much find myself using bow. Formahult is my go to for last stand but on fodder mobs like in omen and omen bosses we rape with true flight I find myself using gastra alot.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-30 00:57:39
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
Do people without that use gun bother to use archery over gun on piercing weak mobs or is it negligible?

I have almost every rema for rng and I really never much find myself using bow. Formahult is my go to for last stand but on fodder mobs like in omen and omen bosses we rape with true flight I find myself using gastra alot.

Checked out your profile, and noticed why I think it is that you never find yourself using bow. I see you are a Yoichi/Anni/Gastra/Foma/Failnot RNG. I'm the same, except a Gandiva in the place of Yoichi, and let me tell you, when properly buffed and using Chrono Arrows (from Fail-Not) that thing is a MONSTER. Now, its a purely white damage weapon, because JR simply isn't going to compete with a Foma Last Stand or Gastra Trueflight in the proper situations....but getting 11k REGULAR shots with AM3 up, proper gearing and buffs is not unheard of.

However...that is the ONLY way I'd recommend using a RMEA bow over marksmanship options. Fail-Not and Yoichi simply can't compete. Is having an archery option a good thing for the non-RMEA RNG? Certainly- a non Fomalhaut Last Stand doesn't play nearly as nicely with CDC as Jishnu's Radiance does, and that can be a factor at times. But start with Marksmanship- easier to gear the weaponskills for a RNG (AGI, WSD, MAB as needed vs. DEX and Crit rate/damage) and more versatile.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-30 01:17:46
Link | Citer | R

For those interested, here's my current lua. A few notes:

All toggles are labeled at the top of the lua. You can change which keys operate which toggles (accuracy, preshot, DT)

-Preshot sets for No Flurry, Flurry I, and Flurry II that vary per weapon. Will auto sense the presence of flurry, then you can set the toggle for either Flurry I or Flurry II depending on if you have a RDM.

-4 levels of midshot accuracy.

-sets for doubleshot, barrage, and camouflage.

-Hot Shot set up with minimal racc gear to allow for a weaker WS for objectives in Omen (will do about 30% of the damage of a fully geared Hot Shot, can be changed or removed and HotShot will then use standard WS gear).

-auto sensing for weather effects for Trueflight and Wildfire.

-auto swap out of TP bonus Moonshade for Last Stand and Trueflight to avoid TP overflow.

Think that about covers it. Its not perfect, but does show ways to get the most out of preshot, as well as what I believe to be solid midshot and weaponskill options for 5/7 RMEA weapons (no armageddon or yoichi). Thanks for taking a look.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Squintrox
By Sylph.Squintrox 2017-08-30 12:05:28
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »

Checked out your profile, and noticed why I think it is that you never find yourself using bow. I see you are a Yoichi/Anni/Gastra/Foma/Failnot RNG. I'm the same, except a Gandiva in the place of Yoichi, and let me tell you, when properly buffed and using Chrono Arrows (from Fail-Not) that thing is a MONSTER. Now, its a purely white damage weapon, because JR simply isn't going to compete with a Foma Last Stand or Gastra Trueflight in the proper situations....but getting 11k REGULAR shots with AM3 up, proper gearing and buffs is not unheard of.

However...that is the ONLY way I'd recommend using a RMEA bow over marksmanship options. Fail-Not and Yoichi simply can't compete. Is having an archery option a good thing for the non-RMEA RNG? Certainly- a non Fomalhaut Last Stand doesn't play nearly as nicely with CDC as Jishnu's Radiance does, and that can be a factor at times. But start with Marksmanship- easier to gear the weaponskills for a RNG (AGI, WSD, MAB as needed vs. DEX and Crit rate/damage) and more versatile.

I agree with this. None of the bows are worth using imo unless you have AG Gandiva. That's assuming you're not in a special scenario needing specific WS properties or TF damage. I'm absolutely in love with Gandiva and it definitely pulls ahead of white damage options when you're geared properly for riding AM3
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-30 12:53:55
Link | Citer | R

(and Cele) wrote...blahblahblah Gandiva!

Capuchin, and other Armageddon users out there, were a big help to me in deciding how gear a Ranged Empyrean. It really is quite different than the other weapons, and not just because of JR needing DEX over AGI. I definitely still use marksmanship options more....but ooooh boy its fun basically having a caladbolg @20 yalms away.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-30 12:57:29
Link | Citer | R

Do people still use the barrage+1 legs from the mini exp pack for barrage or are they super gimp now?

In most situations you're going to need stats on the leg slot versus the "barrage +1". Reason being is even with our insane amount of ranged accuracy we get via gear in other slots and gifts, the mechanics of Barrage working that damage stops the minute a shot misses make the lack of ranged stats on them really hurt.

Invest time in Omen, upgrade your Orion Bracers to +2/+3. +2 giving you 2 extra shots on barrage, +3, 3 shots. AND a ton of racc/ratk/AGI, AND the set bonus of racc for Orion +2/3, which you'll eventually use in your Barrage set.

Or be really crazy and build an afterglow Gastraphetes- +1 Barrage on quelling bolts! ;)
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-08-30 13:51:42
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Barrage on quelling bolts!

*tries to jam bolts into the gun*

STUFF NO WORKY !
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-30 13:53:27
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Quote:

STUFF NO WORKY !

Truly the saddest thing for a mythic RNG... to see those bolts every day and not be able to use em with anything else...
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-08-30 13:53:54
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Quote:

STUFF NO WORKY !

Agree to disagree