I Don't Have Enough Bleeping Room For This Bleep

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » I don't have enough bleeping room for this bleep
I don't have enough bleeping room for this bleep
First Page 2
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-05-10 13:19:43
Link | Citer | R

Yoooooo.

So, as the title states: I have like... 20 less inventory on drk than I'd like.

I've done quite a bit of the "this offers me more overall than that, so ill make the sacrifice" quite a few times and I'm looking for some advice/tips. Also, it would have been nice to have some tips for evaluating gear worth when I first hit 80/80, so hopefully some of this helps someone else.

*disclaimer* OP reserves the right to make a thread entirely for his own justification. He has frequently been known to ignore blistering odds in threads and do whatever he wants regardless of outside opinion (just look at my "should I make redemption" thread).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-05-10 13:19:57
Link | Citer | R

*things ive already done*

1) I used to run around with full pdt and full mdt sets. The amount of inventory that this was consuming is considerable. I now use anything that has DT, or both pdt and mdt/mdb. I aim for ~24% mdt with the assumption that I'm always going to have shell V. With a pocket whm this is almost always the case for me (and frankly unless you're solo there shouldn't really be a time you don't have shell unless something is dispelling like crazy).

2) Learned to use multiple different pieces in alternate slots. Ogier's head made a decent placeholder for dread spikes without losing a slot for 20 more hp etc.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-05-10 13:20:04
Link | Citer | R

*things im considering*

Ok, here's the one I wanted opinions on: Mikinaak greaves are clearly the shoe-in for hit-builds over aces. However, being that drk gets an absurb amount of options for acc, AND I have both +accuracy relic options: I can't see any reason to get dex and acc on these.
That being said: If I get str/attack mikinaaks, they are essentially going to be kariyeh boots with 1 less str, 15 more attack, and 11 less dex. For the sake of resolution/str based WS, I cannot see this being a problem. tl;dr I don't see any reason not to dump kariyeh after Upgrading mikinaak.
 Shiva.Kewitt
Serveur: Shiva
user: ginger
By Shiva.Kewitt 2013-05-10 13:41:23
Link | Citer | R

Get another mule or 2 - 3!

Best way to resolve innovatory space issues. Career one job.

Gear Sets Needed
TP
WS

That means you would need all of
13 X 2 + Weapon + Offhand.

28/80 inventory
0/80 Sack
0/80 Satchel

Anyone with inventory issues need to stop hanging onto all the crap they are never going to use.

I have 4 mules I log on setup AH. When I log off I setup AH again.
I actively use 5 jobs, BST Pearl+EMP, WAR EMP + Weapons Proc in abbyssea, THF Emp + Relic+ Evation + Haste + WS, WHM Emp, BLM Emp.
never running out of space, because I don't hang on to stuff and I'm always selling stuff.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-05-10 13:43:56
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Kewitt said: »
Gear Sets Needed
TP
WS
MDT
PDT
Dark Magic?
Stun/FastCast/Haste

Fixed those for you, no doubt there's a hella lot more too, but I'm no DRK.

EDIT: And that's not taking into account JA swap pieces. That's also assuming you only use 1 WS, with 1 WS setup.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-05-10 13:46:39
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
Serveur: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-05-10 13:50:04
Link | Citer | R

Not to derail, but...

I actively use 5 jobs, BST Pearl+EMP

Seriously though, um, if you're keeping a polearm around to proc with, I suggest Draca Couse. If more things come to mind, I'll toss them in here.

I'm guessing DRK is your main, so the above suggestion was for one slot that could proc polearm on 3 jobs. Meep.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-10 13:58:03
Link | Citer | R

Gear Sets Needed
TP
WS

28/80 inventory
0/80 Sack
0/80 Satchel

Anyone with inventory issues need to stop hanging onto all the crap they are never going to use.
Not everyone is gimp as you. Where are defensive sets? And ja pieces? And for this job specifically fast cast and dark magic gear too. Go away.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-10 13:58:27
Link | Citer | R

Change back to drg!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-05-10 13:58:38
Link | Citer | R

Gear Sets Needed
TP
WS

What.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-05-10 14:05:34
Link | Citer | R

Gear Sets Needed
TP
WS

28/80 inventory
0/80 Sack
0/80 Satchel

I have 4 mules I log on setup AH. When I log off I setup AH again.
I actively use 5 jobs, BST Pearl+EMP, WAR EMP + Weapons Proc in abbyssea, THF Emp + Relic+ Evation + Haste + WS, WHM Emp, BLM Emp.
never running out of space, because I don't hang on to stuff and I'm always selling stuff.

I'm going to pretend you're trolling so that Matsui doesn't make me "usher you through the new content".
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-05-10 14:08:38
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Not everyone is gimp as you. Where are defensive sets? And ja pieces? And for this job specifically fast cast and dark magic gear too. Go away.

Food, echo drops, medicine if that's your thing, reraise item(s), method to warp.

I think we're going through the progression of how we all GOT to our current sad state of inventory. I don't really know how to help, especially since DRK has magic stuff to consider on top of melee. Heck, I'm usually right around 72/80 on monk...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-05-10 14:16:02
Link | Citer | R

I'm getting to the thing I wanted to ask but I type slow and I'm busy at work lol. I thought this would take 10 mins and then the phone started wrattling off the hook.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-05-10 14:16:04
Link | Citer | R

now that you say something, some kind of "warp" button, with a 1m cooldown similar to logoff/shutdown would free up three of my inventory spots, plus not be game breaking, I wouldn't think.

edit*

warp cudgel
warp cudgel
scroll of instant warp

always with me
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-05-10 14:30:46
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
*things im considering*

Ok, here's the one I wanted opinions on: Mikinaak greaves are clearly the shoe-in for hit-builds over aces. However, being that drk gets an absurb amount of options for acc, AND I have both +accuracy relic options: I can't see any reason to get dex and acc on these.
That being said: If I get str/attack mikinaaks, they are essentially going to be kariyeh boots with 1 less str, 15 more attack, and 11 less dex. For the sake of resolution/str based WS, I cannot see this being a problem. tl;dr I don't see any reason not to dump kariyeh after Upgrading mikinaak.

This is what I was looking for opinions on, but I intend to keep popping back in here and seeking justification for things I've already decided to do.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-05-10 14:37:12
Link | Citer | R

You carry 3 inventories, 240 spaces, with you on the the go at all times. You have 3 additional storage inventories for your mog house, 2+ NPC's that store specific items for you, and a Delivery Box in case you need emergency, short term storage.

That's 240 on your character, 240 (-the furniture) in your mog house, 130 in your delivery box, -14 for moogle storage slips, + hundreds to store in your porter moogle, armor storer if you still use it, event item storer...

Each character can hold 800-1000+ items, and if you have a mule that can be doubled if you put the work into unlocking their inventory.

If you take advantage of your inventory, then you're probably also someone that uses multiple sets to increase the performance and efficiency of your jobs. The issue lies within being limited to 1 single inventory, 80 slots, so it seems like you have a lot less to work with because you're restricted by system limitations.

However, there are ways to make the most out of your 80 slots, but at the cost of being less efficient. It's possible to cut back and lower the damage done by evaluating and making notes of every item you use for each job.

Which items do you use that give you the largest performance increase? You should know the answer to this question, for each set you use. If we had unlimited space then we could use every situational piece of equipment out there and our jobs could cap their potential at around 100-120 inventory spaces, more or less depending on your job. However, we do not and are limited to just 80.

To make your sets more space efficient, use items you already use in other sets. It sounds really obvious, but if you are only losing out on a few attack or accuracy then using up 1 more spot to use a side-grade isn't going to make it any easier for you. Also, if possible, use items you use for one job on another job so you save even more space, but not if it comes at the cost of drastically lowering your performance.

Most of the time however, we bring sets along that we don't really need for what we're doing. Some events require a certain set to stay alive, whole others you can get by without it. Know which sets you're using for each event, and try to leave a set behind if you know you're not going to use it right now.

Basically it comes down to making a small sacrifice for breathing room, but you have to know what items in your sets do what, and how powerful each item is and what they contribute to your performance. If you take something out and you notice a drop in your performance, then you should probably hold onto it and find something else to let go. Use items that you can use in multiple sets, and try to stay away from situational pieces if possible, just not at the cost of your performance. Try using items for multiple jobs to save even more space.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-05-10 14:44:59
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said: »

Beautifully put Kali! I'm completely aware of this but you put it far more eloquently than I could have.

However:

Quote:
we bring sets along that we don't really need for what we're doing.
I don't feel this is the case. I remember being the only drk who was proc'ing all absorbs in VW, without using dark seal. Realistically SE can't expect you to wait 5 mins between attempts to proc Pil when dark blm 5 is up.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-05-10 14:45:23
Link | Citer | R

no room for town/troll/jobemote gear?

GET
OUT
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-05-10 14:50:36
Link | Citer | R

I wish I could help you more, but I don't know anything about DRK.

The best thing I could suggest is to list each set you use, and the items you use in each set. This way someone that does know DRK might be able to point out some things you could combine or leave home so you can fit everything in.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-05-10 14:58:03
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said: »
I wish I could help you more, but I don't know anything about DRK.

The best thing I could suggest is to list each set you use, and the items you use in each set. This way someone that does know DRK might be able to point out some things you could combine or leave home so you can fit everything in.

http://pastebin.com/A9rRwUFS

>.>

*edit* disclaimer: I haven't really updated sets well for a couple months and just "stuck crap in". I'm aware the tp sets need work.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-05-10 15:53:10
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
no room for town/troll/jobemote gear?

GET
OUT
needs moar ogier's helm
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-05-10 16:12:21
Link | Citer | R

Kalasutrax hates me ._. im like 0/100 on that thing by now
/gets emo , puts on onyx set and suicides on something
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-05-10 18:30:04
Link | Citer | R

I thought DRKs /slits wrists....
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-05-10 18:49:01
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »

I thought DRKs /slits wrists....
Incorrect, they carve the names of their superweapons into their skin
 Asura.Ccl
Serveur: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-11 01:31:38
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
http://pastebin.com/A9rRwUFS

>.>

*edit* disclaimer: I haven't really updated sets well for a couple months and just "stuck crap in". I'm aware the tp sets need work.

Why are you bringing scythe and scyrhe gear ? DRK is all about great sword!
By Althyk 2013-05-11 09:39:06
Link | Citer | R

I'm a compulsive neat freak and I store EVERYTHING away, my sack and satchel are generally empty so I put food, meds, & scrolls in there so my inventory is just my DRK gear. I think I'm on my last 10 item spaces and still missing a few pieces of gear here or there. =(
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-05-15 07:26:51
Link | Citer | R

Althyk said: »
I'm a compulsive neat freak and I store EVERYTHING away, my sack and satchel are generally empty so I put food, meds, & scrolls in there so my inventory is just my DRK gear. I think I'm on my last 10 item spaces and still missing a few pieces of gear here or there. =(

I do this too. If I need sneak oils, I take them out of sack one at a time.

I'm renovating the mikinaak change I posted above. I'm also downsizing bale gauntlets (I only cast absorb tp when Im f-ing around or the mob is invincible etc...)

Now that they ***all over twilight scythe, Is it worth keeping on me other than salvage? I suppose I could keep it in satchel but the 5-10 seconds to hunt it down plus the "activation time" seems like anytime I might want it, it'll be too late to dig out.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-05-15 07:47:17
Link | Citer | R

Try the itemizer plugin if you use windower.

/item "Twilight Scythe" <me> will pull the scythe from stachel/sack for you.
Same goes for oils/powders/food/meds/scrolls. I keep all that guff in my satchel and just type the item I want (or hit macro for remedy/echos etc.)
Same with nin tools, I only keep shihei in my inv as theres a short delay to move the item, it moves tools for nin spells when you actually use the spell though. Toolbags can stay in satchel and just /item "Toolbag of choice" <me> if i run out.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-15 07:48:58
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, gilfinder is vital.

...if you're level 30 farming gigas in Delkfutt.
[+]
First Page 2