Guess Apocs/Rags New Damage!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Guess Apocs/Rags new damage!
Guess Apocs/Rags new damage!
 Remora.Brain
Serveur: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-11-06 22:53:34
Link | Citer | R

It's not even close. Ragnarok is by far better than senbaak.
[+]
 Asura.Shinrya
Serveur: Asura
user: Malakz
By Asura.Shinrya 2013-11-06 23:08:35
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Seiri said: »

The lower delay also means rag will be stuck with a much lower xHit than senbaak. Honestly I'd expect both weapons to be about even, rag winning in low buff, senbaak in high buff.

Calad though, got shat on.

I wouldn't consider a 6-hit(431 delay) much lower than a 5-hit (480 delay). The 2.5x damage proc and 14% passive crit chance also shouldn't be underestimated. I think the clear winner here is Rag.
 Siren.Seiri
Serveur: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2013-11-06 23:16:59
Link | Citer | R

Hmm, I was presuming that the multi-attack 7 hit route would still be superior for rag, rather than either subbing sam or getting 60 stp to have a reliable 6 hit (3/5 reso hits landing)
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-11-07 03:43:07
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Seiri said: »
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Actually more then makes up for it. Rag is 431 delay, do the dps math and its stronger then senbaak before counting the 14% crit, 2.5x proc and higher atk / acc.

The lower delay also means rag will be stuck with a much lower xHit than senbaak. Honestly I'd expect both weapons to be about even, rag winning in low buff, senbaak in high buff.

Calad though, got shat on.
Actually it wont. Its one hit more. Rag is 6 hit when senb is 5 hit. You wont see any lower without sams roll.

Rag beats out senbaak pretty much all the time. The 14% crit and 2.5x proc ensure it.

Also the difficulty to get that x-hit has largely vanished. Getting that much sTP used to be really annoying. Not so much anymore.
 Remora.Brain
Serveur: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-11-07 05:32:52
Link | Citer | R

Not to mention, if the 6 hit Ragnarok is better than 5 hit Senbaak, and inferior to the 7 hit Ragnarok build, then the 7 hit Ragnarok would still be superior by simple logic.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-11-07 08:22:19
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Brain said: »
Not to mention, if the 6 hit Ragnarok is better than 5 hit Senbaak, and inferior to the 7 hit Ragnarok build, then the 7 hit Ragnarok would still be superior by simple logic.

I agree with the point you're making but it took me a minute to process the wording. lol.

I remember back when I was playing the discussions in war thread about hit builds for rag and ukko, and the ensuing drk ragnarok in legion discussions.
The strength of a build can vary depending on: what content you're doing (depending on if the seas of SE have made acc/att irrelevant / important this week for example), what a higher hit build brings to the table, and what a lower hit build sacrifices. The further complication is that the crit hit and relic ODD depreciate your melee phase less (white damage is less of a "liability").

Either way, ragnarok will easily pull ahead by using scourge while wearing all the new af+2.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-11-07 08:52:01
Link | Citer | R

Well Acc is always important vs anything dangerous. People have a tendency to devalue it as they assume 11 Hunters, double SV Madrigals, Geo debuff and sometimes even Gravity II. Often you have four songs, no Madrigals, one Geo, no gravity II and probably not even hunters. Everyone just eats sushi and you want to eat meat (like a good DRK). So I'll gladly take another ~60 accuracy, might be the difference between eating Grabath Steak on a delve MB or having to eat sushi / pizza.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-11-07 09:17:55
Link | Citer | R

Well Acc is always important vs anything dangerous. People have a tendency to devalue it as they assume 11 Hunters, double SV Madrigals, Geo debuff and sometimes even Gravity II. Often you have four songs, no Madrigals, one Geo, no gravity II and probably not even hunters. Everyone just eats sushi and you want to eat meat (like a good DRK). So I'll gladly take another ~60 accuracy, might be the difference between eating Grabath Steak on a delve MB or having to eat sushi / pizza.

Yeah. There were bouts of it being borderline useless though (I was just covering my *** for making a statement like that). I distinctly remember before the advent of legion, people being like "whats acc".
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-11-07 17:49:12
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

Yeah. There were bouts of it being borderline useless though (I was just covering my *** for making a statement like that). I distinctly remember before the advent of legion, people being like "whats acc".

Yeah abyssea and right afterward. All voidwatch except Tier 6 and CD. And even then you only needed a little of it.

Acc is usually only needed against something ~hard~ where you want to eat meat.