These new-age WHM make me /sigh
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Serveur: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-07-02 21:30:58
Link | Citer | R

Actually, /sch gives you a pseudo refresh in the form of sublimation so...

And /blm actually has more mp, it's just /sch gets a host of abilities which let them get more out of their mp as well as a few to get back mp.

And there's only really one avatar buff that whm/smn ever really used and noone does AA anymore, hehe.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.October
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: izzlet
By Midgardsormr.October 2009-07-02 21:34:30
Link | Citer | R

Wyl said:
October said:

are /blm or /smn.

Um. So why are we hating on WHM/BLM or WHM/SMN? Before /SCH everyone was /BLM or /SMN o.o so anyways, plz get a life.

Also what does WHM/SCH get that /BLM doesn't get? I didn't think the ability to aga's any spell was allowed as /SCH maybe I was wrong o.o

If I didn't have a life, I wouldn't be able to type such wonderful things as "/sch onry!" BECAUSE I'D BE DEAD AND 6 FEET UNDERGROUND

Here is a list of things scholar gets over blm:
Sublimation- Your own little refresh, takes 2/hp sec and turns it into mp for a total of 1/4 of your HP. 1000 HP = 250 MP fully charged. Also works as a DoT so if it isn't fully charged it will wake you from sleep. Does not stack with refresh, and not quite as good, but helps your RDM out by allowing him to refresh one less person and focus on other things. And isn't helping people what whm is all about? :3
Light Arts-
10% reduction to the mp cost of a spell that procs 100% of the time, unlike conserve mp, which is totally random, of a white magic spell
10% reduction to casting time of a white magic spell
Enhancing and enfeebling magics are both boosted to like 256 skill from their usual 220-230ish or whatever. I no longer need to carry around a stoneskin set.
The occasional halved mp cost and casting time from your stratagems.
Dark Arts-
Boosts your dark magic skills, so your drain and aspir actually do something
Dispel!

And not to mention making all the /blms and the /smns cry and tell you to get a life because of how cool you are on the internet sporting your awesome subjob.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Wyl
Serveur: Asura
user: Wyl
By Asura.Wyl 2009-07-02 21:41:47
Link | Citer | R

Wasn't telling you to get a life was telling ppl that hate on a WHM/SMN in general to get a life; Some ppl didn't even bother to get WoTG. Its no lie WHM/SMN gets Auto-Refresh/Added Mana.

Its nice that WHM/SCH gets Dispel <Trully didn't know that, till now.> Just don't like ppl that would judge a player just cause he/she is a WHM/SMN. Seen it once before with WAR/MNKs even up to lv30. In general, happy to see WHM gets more useful abilities. Sad to see ppl are just hating on em, if the don't have SCH.

I apologize to anyone if you think, I'm dissing on ya or whatever.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Andross
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Andross
By Pandemonium.Andross 2009-07-02 21:52:42
Link | Citer | R

/sch is better for 99% of those situations though. Honestly, like I said before, a RDM/BLM or SMN could of performed those few situations you're probably talking about too. The SJs are useful to have if you don't have enough people... but not as game changing as /sch.

No one is hating on them, if you don't have /sch, you don't have it. Stop making excuses, and go get it.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-07-02 21:53:20
Link | Citer | R

I seriously didn't mean to start a giant flame war with my original WHM/SCH comment in the original post. This was supposed to be a sort of anecdotal venting thing. Can we either move on or have the topic closed?
[+]
 Midgardsormr.October
user: izzlet
By Midgardsormr.October 2009-07-02 21:54:13
Link | Citer | R

I think I'm the one who provoked it.

Repeatedly.
[+]
 Asura.Wyl
user: Wyl
By Asura.Wyl 2009-07-02 21:54:35
Link | Citer | R

Its okay, its a easy end ^^;. I might have gotten a bit to ahead of myself with the "get a life" Pun.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Andross
By Pandemonium.Andross 2009-07-02 22:14:06
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry, I guess? I just find it funny how so many WHMs and people that probably don't even play WHM can make so much controversy against a better SJ.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Andross
By Pandemonium.Andross 2009-07-02 22:28:06
Link | Citer | R

Wow, you totally turned that back on me. Great job.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-02 22:28:37
Link | Citer | R

Bartimaeus said:
I can't believe you're making such an issue over a sub job.

Some of us don't need to depend on it to be a good whm.

edit: /bait

I want you to sub /bst and keep us all healed =P
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Abigale
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Abigale
By Bismarck.Abigale 2009-07-02 22:45:03
Link | Citer | R

Avinne said:
GL on your Blessed +1 btw Abigale... I went 0/37 recently. >.>;;;;

Thanks. XD I was just going to save for them, but I bought a Roundel instead. Haha. Farming and saving again XD

Whm/sch orny :P

Situation: Dynamis, no refresh, sublimation not up. You have 70 MP. The tank has 200 hp, about to die. Your they only whm, rdm and blms are busy. Penury > DS > Cure V ftw~ /blm or /smn the tank would have died.

Also, I perfer refresh to sublimation. Takes 6 minutes and some odd seconds for it to be ready when I could be getting the same amount of MP over 6 mins with refresh(from a rdm)/Aristo coat. My max sublimation is 258 thou.

To each their own thou~ :)
[+]
 Remora.Eireamhon
Serveur: Remora
user: Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-07-02 22:54:19
Link | Citer | R

Sectumsempra said:
WHM/SCH can dispel! >_>;

Ummm before scholar was created there was RDM = Dispel! So other then some of the "finer" details again, /sch maybe the choice for some, imo it's just being a slacker and looking for other ways to have to do less WORK in the game and more time for surfing the web instead of actually DOING YOUR JOB in Dynamis.
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
Serveur: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-07-02 22:58:52
Link | Citer | R

A sj that benefits your main makes you a slacker? >.>
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-07-02 23:01:34
Link | Citer | R

Tarowyn said:
Actually, /sch gives you a pseudo refresh in the form of sublimation so...

And /blm actually has more mp, it's just /sch gets a host of abilities which let them get more out of their mp as well as a few to get back mp.

And there's only really one avatar buff that whm/smn ever really used and noone does AA anymore, hehe.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-02 23:03:57
Link | Citer | R

Eireamhon said:
Sectumsempra said:
WHM/SCH can dispel! >_>;

Ummm before scholar was created there was RDM = Dispel! So other then some of the "finer" details again, /sch maybe the choice for some, imo it's just being a slacker and looking for other ways to have to do less WORK in the game and more time for surfing the web instead of actually DOING YOUR JOB in Dynamis.

Whee, way to completely miss the point of the >_>; face...

Sublimation, Arts, and Stratagems are useful tools, I have to laugh a little at anybody who denys themself an advantage and calls it laziness. Use it when appropriate, go /BLM or /SMN when appropriate, everyone's happy. This discussion should have ended 6 pages ago.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Andross
By Pandemonium.Andross 2009-07-02 23:04:27
Link | Citer | R

To Bartimaeus: I don't even know what you were/are trying to get at, but whatever.

While it's just a sub job, some jobs can't live without them. Imagine SMN without /whm or /sch, or PLD without /nin. For either of those jobs the results are devastating.

Anyway, I'm actually very different in-game, mostly because I hate most of Pandemonium for some reason.
[+]
 Bismarck.Abigale
By Bismarck.Abigale 2009-07-02 23:07:42
Link | Citer | R

Eireamhon said:
Sectumsempra said:
WHM/SCH can dispel! >_>;

Ummm before scholar was created there was RDM = Dispel! So other then some of the "finer" details again,/sch maybe the choice for some, imo it's just being a slacker and looking for other ways to have to do less WORK in the game and more time for surfing the web instead of actually DOING YOUR JOB in Dynamis.

I'm confused. Please explain. Slacker how?
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-07-02 23:11:22
Link | Citer | R

Andross said:
To Bartimaeus: I don't even know what you were/are trying to get at, but whatever.

While it's just a sub job, some jobs can't live without them. Imagine SMN without /whm or /sch, or PLD without /nin. For either of those jobs the results are devastating.

Anyway, I'm actually very different in-game, mostly because I hate most of Pandemonium for some reason.

What, you can't solo as SMN/RDM? I mean /RDM still gives you Sneak/Invis and also gives you that nice little thing called Fast Cast. I know you won't get much MP, but Fast Cast can save a person depending on the camp (like imps).

What about the old fashioned PLD/WAR? I mean come on now, I'm sure that Defender and Provoke haven't gone away from the PLD's macroset yet.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Andross
By Pandemonium.Andross 2009-07-02 23:17:26
Link | Citer | R

No -nas or Curagas. Since SMN is used as a pseudo WHM for pretty much all of its lvling career, they'll have no way to level. Not to mention you get Cures later. Could level through Campaign, but who has WotG now, apparently?

/war isn't that good against a lot of higher endgame stuff, particularly wyrms and HNMs. People would likely go back to using NINs if PLD couldn't /nin, sadly.

But don't worry, I'm sure Bart would come in and tell them they suck at their main jobs. Good tanks don't need SJs.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rosamire
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Angel
By Lakshmi.Rosamire 2009-07-02 23:21:53
Link | Citer | R

I totally just took a double take right there at the avatars thinking it was someone else until I realized it was Bart.

I've seen some PLDs /drk before it was strange to me...
[+]
 Garuda.Reublucian
Serveur: Garuda
By Garuda.Reublucian 2009-07-02 23:30:18
Link | Citer | R

As I was reading what was good for whms to stack, I actually usually go Mnd and Haste+, as an elvaan I guess I should be more focused on MP but everything is situational, Blessed Mitts and Pants are a blessing, and if you don't use them you are funny. =)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-02 23:33:46
Link | Citer | R

Rosamire said:
I totally just took a double take right there at the avatars thinking it was someone else until I realized it was Bart.

I've seen some PLDs /drk before it was strange to me...

/DRK has better hate tools than /WAR at 75. For fights where you blood tank from a distance like ACP11 and that ToAU fight with Alexander it's great.
[+]
 Remora.Eireamhon
Serveur: Remora
user: Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-07-03 00:03:06
Link | Citer | R

Abigale said:
Eireamhon said:
Sectumsempra said:
WHM/SCH can dispel! >_>;

Ummm before scholar was created there was RDM = Dispel! So other then some of the "finer" details again,/sch maybe the choice for some, imo it's just being a slacker and looking for other ways to have to do less WORK in the game and more time for surfing the web instead of actually DOING YOUR JOB in Dynamis.

I'm confused. Please explain. Slacker how?

Slacker in the fact or maybe I should say the OPINION that, it makes the job "easier". I say that cause it seems through out this whole debate about /sch that if you don't have it your an idiot. Your an idiot because you lose out on things that NEVER exsisted unless you had someone as part of the team helping you . Example, no refresh unless you had a rdm in your pt. Now with sch or even /sch you have "better refresh rate or use sublimation." Or dispel which rdm had before sch even was added to the game.

Look I'm just going to say this. There were alot of things, 7 pages worth, were people touted how you either /sch or you were a gimp whm. Just don't agree with it which is why I said it was MY opinion. But telling people they can't do their job or they are "gimping" themselves because they don't use what YOU want them to use is crap that's all.

It was the same way when I started and didn't know any better that you "HAD" to sub mnk with war. Well honestly, I don't like mnk I think it's crappy job but that's just me. I finally found something I really like and never wanted to have as a job so to each his own. Just don't push your beliefs or opinons on others because you feel a certain way. Everyone plays how they play. As I said before, as long as someone does their job and isn't a total moron about it, what they sub is up to them. I've had PTs with sch and been like wow cool job and had whm as well and still thank the gods they're there when I've been an idiot and done something stupid.

To those of you that have /sch, awesome and congrats. To the old schoolers who aren't using /sch not because they are to lazy to do so as Andross said, good for you.

Andross said:

Uhh what? It's a sub job. Are you seriously saying you don't have any time to level a job to 37? With FoV and level sync it takes next to no time at all. I have an idea: instead of posting, level your sub jobs. SCH even has the advantage of being able to solo BST pets.

I've been a WHM since I've started the game, and I care for my job. I subbed BLM for god knows how long. So I just love how you act like you care more about your job over the people that are using a sub job that actually does something for WHM. It doesn't make you more unique, in fact, /blm barely does anything for you.

The 2 handed DD didn't cry nearly this much about having to change their SJs to SAM, I have no idea why WHMs do.

It's not about being lazy for them. I have seen people who have posted here who actually have sch leveled, they just prefer NOT to use it.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-07-03 00:05:21
Link | Citer | R

Eireamhon said:
Sectumsempra said:
WHM/SCH can dispel! >_>;

Less work because it casts faster and conserves better MP? I was being facetious when I said the dispel remark because someone asked about spells WHM/SCH gets that /BLM doesn't.

So why don't you calm down, read the context, and tell me how I slack off by being more efficient, which lets me cast more spells.

Edit: And trust me, I know about the whole RDM=Dispel. I was a RDM long before I was a WHM.
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-07-03 00:09:08
Link | Citer | R

Abigale said:
Situation: Dynamis, no refresh, sublimation not up. You have 70 MP. The tank has 200 hp, about to die. Your they only whm, rdm and blms are busy. Penury > DS > Cure V ftw~ /blm or /smn the tank would have died.

Also, I perfer refresh to sublimation. Takes 6 minutes and some odd seconds for it to be ready when I could be getting the same amount of MP over 6 mins with refresh(from a rdm)/Aristo coat. My max sublimation is 258 thou.

To each their own thou~ :)

Always have Martyr! Has it's uses once in a blue moon, hehe.

Well, one thing to keep in mind for sublimation, you don't have to wait for it to be fully charged to use it. Yes you do lose about 30 seconds worth of charging but the option is there.

I would actually say sublimation is better suited to dynamis than refresh because of the existence of mp statues. You will generally have a lot of mp to burn because you get it refilled so often, but sometimes you're just tapped at and you need that mp NOW and that's when sublimation shines.
 Bismarck.Abigale
By Bismarck.Abigale 2009-07-03 00:33:33
Link | Citer | R

Oh I do use it, but I'm normally in tank pt with a rdm refreshing me anyways. Martyr XD Ya, I don't have that merited, but I suppose once in a blue moon is would be handy. XD
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15