These new-age WHM make me /sigh
First Page 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15
 Fairy.Tbest
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-30 16:01:31
Link | Citer | R

Well... It's pretty much impossible to do 650 with a C5 unless you're a taru and not using a light staff. >.> An Elvaan whm/smn completely naked, for example, C5's for 641.
[+]
 Odin.Arnor
Serveur: Odin
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-06-30 16:01:43
Link | Citer | R

it doesnt help that the best exp camp AU colibri and maybe even after is a lvl 37-42 camp =/ and that so many people are now astral burning... so yeah skilling up is a must but at the same time healing magic and enhancing magic seem to skill really slow :x
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-06-30 16:02:16
Link | Citer | R

With or without merits?
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-30 16:03:27
Link | Citer | R

Those figures I posted earlier and the hp cured by a naked Elvaan whm/smn are w/o merits of any kind. But, they also 'assume' you have the max 276 skill. Which... Isn't hard to do tbh after you hit 75.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-30 16:04:29
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, TBH I don't blame Level Sync for the lack of skill in some people, I blame AU camps...no thought required at all, peeps can just do whatever.
 Remora.Geesus
Serveur: Remora
user: Geesus
By Remora.Geesus 2009-06-30 16:05:13
Link | Citer | R

A skilled whm will do their job better as /sch than they will with /blm.[/quote]

That is compeltely a matter of opinion. It depends on the situation, and what you're doing.
 Midgardsormr.October
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: izzlet
By Midgardsormr.October 2009-06-30 16:08:00
Link | Citer | R

The only situation where a whm should take /blm over /sch is if they're tele-taxi'ing or need elemental seal and/or sleepga.
[+]
 Remora.Geesus
By Remora.Geesus 2009-06-30 16:08:42
Link | Citer | R

Tbest said:
Well... It's pretty much impossible to do 650 with a C5 unless you're a taru and not using a light staff. >.> An Elvaan whm/smn completely naked, for example, C5's for 641.

lol I was slightly going above and beyond on the figure, but point still stands. I'm thrilled you have tons of mp but when you're curing for jack crap you're a waste of my time. I love my whm. I have 5 75's and whm will forever be my main. So for someone else to show up whm and 1/2 *** my job pisses me off, cause you're not even helping you're wasting my time, my shell's time and I just get far to bitchy about it.
 Odin.Arnor
Serveur: Odin
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-06-30 16:09:37
Link | Citer | R

October said:
You can say "a subjob doesn't make someone good at their job" all you want, but anyone who gives a damn about whm and playing it well is more likely to have their scholar sub levelled. So what if a whm can do their job just fine with /blm? A skilled whm will do their job better as /sch than they will with /blm.

maybe they dont have time to lvl sch... i honestly dont think anyone should be telling anyone how to play thier job unless they start payin thier account.. i know sch is an amazing sub.. but sayin anyone that doesnt lvl /sch doesnt give a damn about whm is just wrong.. its thier personal choice and they shouldnt be crucified for it cause someone thinks they know better
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-30 16:10:43
Link | Citer | R

I whm/smn. But... I also retired it long before Sch was even released. XD

I got my AF1+1 hat/gloves and was done. lol
 Remora.Geesus
By Remora.Geesus 2009-06-30 16:10:51
Link | Citer | R

Arnor said:
October said:
You can say "a subjob doesn't make someone good at their job" all you want, but anyone who gives a damn about whm and playing it well is more likely to have their scholar sub levelled. So what if a whm can do their job just fine with /blm? A skilled whm will do their job better as /sch than they will with /blm.

maybe they dont have time to lvl sch... i honestly dont think anyone should be telling anyone how to play thier job unless they start payin thier account.. i know sch is an amazing sub.. but sayin anyone that doesnt lvl /sch doesnt give a damn about whm is just wrong.. its thier personal choice and they shouldnt be crucified for it cause someone thinks they know better

Agreed. I have /sch and it's pretty pointless expecially in like Dynamis where I'm curing 20 people, cause let me tell you.. sublimation isn't going to do anything. I need refresh. lol. I normally /smn don't have to worry about stoneskin up so i can rest or anything. I do very well @ my job.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.October
By Midgardsormr.October 2009-06-30 16:11:07
Link | Citer | R

"I don't have the time to level /sch" is a good excuse for not having /sch.
"/blm is just as good!" is not. :|

e: and you can say "It's their money, they pay for their account, let them play how they want", but it's also my money for my account, and me paying to do nyzul runs with whm/blms who slow the group down by having to stop and rest mp constantly.
[+]
 Remora.Bradt
user: Bradt
By Remora.Bradt 2009-06-30 16:19:05
Link | Citer | R

Heimdall said:
Ok so hear everyone bashing whms set ups and skills.So as a new 75 whm out of curiosity what gear and set ups for curing and play style is ideal? Bearing in mind not counting stuff that's near impossible to get unless you in a super hnml that does kings and similar stuff.

Nobles Tunic, Blessed gear all your spells and know how to play your job. I.E. Don't freak out for no reason, keep tanks buffed and near full hp, keep everyone else at near full hp, learn what enemy tp moves give what status debuffs, stay with your group if you're doing Nyzul Isle, and your eyes never leave the bottom and right side of the screen when you're doing something big. Also get /sch and learn how long it takes for Sublimation to fully charge
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-06-30 16:36:20
Link | Citer | R

I don't have /sch on my 75 whm, I guess I suck.
[+]
 Shiva.Nightraid
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-06-30 16:40:13
Link | Citer | R

Alyria said:

Me either Guess we both suck D:
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-06-30 16:41:15
Link | Citer | R

Nightraid said:
Alyria said:

/cry *Holds Nightraid*
[+]
 Shiva.Nightraid
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-06-30 16:43:52
Link | Citer | R

Alyria said:
Nightraid said:
Alyria said:

/cry *Holds Nightraid*

/shock

you don't know me like that

:x
 Remora.Geesus
By Remora.Geesus 2009-06-30 16:44:59
Link | Citer | R

Alyria said:

Not at all *lol* Just some people can't take their heads out of their ***, and realize whm was done for years without /sch and still can be done just as well without it. Wont disagree sometimes it makes it nicer/easier.. but as I already said.. It's situational to begin with. Anyone wanting to argue that point should do more with their whm. *shrugs*
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-06-30 16:47:43
Link | Citer | R

Nightraid said:
Alyria said:
Nightraid said:
Alyria said:

/cry *Holds Nightraid*

/shock

Be glad I'm a chick! :P

Was goofing anyways lol

I do fine with /blm, some need to learn what to cast to conserve mp.
[+]
 Shiva.Nightraid
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-06-30 16:53:36
Link | Citer | R

Alyria said:
Nightraid said:
Alyria said:
Nightraid said:
Alyria said:

/cry *Holds Nightraid*

/shock

Be glad I'm a chick! :P

Was goofing anyways lol

I do fine with /blm, some need to learn what to cast to conserve mp.

Goofy :O

but yeah i have MP merited max so i really dont have to worry much about it and as long as i have a refesher i can sustain my mp for hours without ever going below 100.

In most TP burn parties you can /heal whilst they kill stuff since they probably wont need healing much anyway, besides Haste.
 Ramuh.Bekisa
Serveur: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2009-06-30 16:58:44
Link | Citer | R

I probably speak for all the pre-CoP WHM when I say this ...

We need a test for these new-age WHM ... I say:

Let them bring a party like this: DRK/SAM, DRK/SAM, SAM/WAR, WAR/SAM, BRD, WHM -- to the Kindred merit camp near Jormungand. Keep them alive for the entire party; never have to wait on your MP to recover and get at least 20k/hr (I know thats nothing but its a start for most WHM today).

I wish I could delevel some of todays WHM to 1 today when I see them piss n' whine at a bird camp of all places about MP being low when their entire party is /NIN. Or they "don't have a RDM and BRD support". Lots of us did the old demon camps before merits and the post-COP gear came out and did just fine. Now these kids whine about simple stuff like the cost of echo drops and keeping haste on people. I can heal just fine on WHM/SCH without getting ballad from the BRD at bird camps ... WHM has some of the best hMP gear and traits in the game as well as the best curing gear and abilities ... so hate it when people think a RDM can heal better. It's these candy-*** WHM's of today who make the good ones look bad -_-

Got a screenshot somewhere of someone begging for help on Nyzle Isle 96-100 for a RDM. I offered to help on WHM just to get points towards my mythic item and they said a WHM couldn't do it. Just out of spite -- I formed a farming run, we cleared 3 runs 96-100 without a single death and guess who was still looking for a RDM only to help them~ With Esuna, whm is insane at stuff like Cerb or Flayers now. We can remove the DoT's from everyone in a second ... and with great barspell and MDB gear, Gate of Hades doesn't even break stoneskin on me in nyzle isle ...
[+]
 Ramuh.Amesbhe
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Amesbhe
By Ramuh.Amesbhe 2009-06-30 17:06:33
Link | Citer | R

Not having /sch in no way means a whm sucks. If they played whm before sch came out with skill then they'll keep playing it that way. I will admit though /sch enhances the job IMO.

Ever since getting it I refuse to use anything else. As far as my oppinion goes I believe light arts + penury works just awesome. Sublimation also a perk...I get 278mp back with a full and I find those 3 things totally worth it. I've solo healed events that I've seen others struggle through and fell in love with it because of that reason.

Everyone has they're own playing style and if they can play without /sch and do it well, I say go for it.

And as far as the whms who can't heal at bird camp I admit I lol'd. I did that before i finished rdm lots of times with absolutely no problems /sch and I'm Elvaan with lol gear at that time.
 Remora.Geesus
By Remora.Geesus 2009-06-30 17:08:00
Link | Citer | R

Bekisa said:

Let them bring a party like this: DRK/SAM, DRK/SAM, SAM/WAR, WAR/SAM, BRD, WHM -- to the Kindred merit camp near Jormungand. Keep them alive for the entire party; never have to wait on your MP to recover and get at least 20k/hr (I know thats nothing but its a start for most WHM today).

I wish I could delevel some of todays WHM to 1 today when I see them piss n' whine at a bird camp of all places about MP being low when their entire party is /NIN. Or they "don't have a RDM and BRD support". Lots of us did the old demon camps before merits and the post-COP gear came out and did just fine. Now these kids whine about simple stuff like the cost of echo drops and keeping haste on people. I can heal just fine on WHM/SCH without getting ballad from the BRD at bird camps ... WHM has some of the best hMP gear and traits in the game as well as the best curing gear and abilities ... so hate it when people think a RDM can heal better. It's these candy-*** WHM's of today who make the good ones look bad -_-

Got a screenshot somewhere of someone begging for help on Nyzle Isle 96-100 for a RDM. I offered to help on WHM just to get points towards my mythic item and they said a WHM couldn't do it. Just out of spite -- I formed a farming run, we cleared 3 runs 96-100 without a single death and guess who was still looking for a RDM only to help them~ With Esuna, whm is insane at stuff like Cerb or Flayers now. We can remove the DoT's from everyone in a second ... and with great barspell and MDB gear, Gate of Hades doesn't even break stoneskin on me in nyzle isle ...

COMPLETELY AGREE 100% It's all about the situation and when to use what. Saying something is elite like /sch ONRY is completely bs.
[+]
 Remora.Bradt
user: Bradt
By Remora.Bradt 2009-06-30 17:11:05
Link | Citer | R

Geesus said:
Bekisa said:

COMPLETELY AGREE 100% It's all about the situation and when to use what. Saying something is elite like /sch ONRY is completely bs.

This.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Darkfire
user: Darkfire
By Midgardsormr.Darkfire 2009-06-30 17:11:40
Link | Citer | R

I dont have sch leveled, yet. I plan on doing it, but im in no hurry. Ive always /blm and if anything, im lazy so warp ftw.
I agree whms who are good with /blm should be better with /sch, but by no means is it a necessity, imo.
A good whm really comes down to a few key elements...

MP management - knowing when to rest and when to not

Attention Span - Dont space out when your tank loses shadows

Non-retardation - pretty self explanatory
[+]
 Carbuncle.Gilster
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Gilster
By Carbuncle.Gilster 2009-06-30 17:11:46
Link | Citer | R

Nightraid said:
October said:

And are /blm or /smn.

Thats a stupid generalisation, having /blm or /smn doesnt mean you suck or dont know how to play the job.
Heck i dont even have SCH unlocked and i play just fine.

Avinne said:
Bottom line, most WHMs out there are terrible and never put much thought into their gear. =/

The worst are full time max MP WHMs. Hi2U Zenith legs for everything.

I agree with this though, the amount of times i see a WHM casting Cure in Electrum or astral ring's is awful. The only time i see Zenith as a "maybe" is when trying to get your HP below 75% for Medicine Ring otherwise they suck.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Zhead? -.-
 Lakshmi.Avinne
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-06-30 17:15:47
Link | Citer | R

Amesbhe said:
Not having /sch in no way means a whm sucks. If they played whm before sch came out with skill then they'll keep playing it that way. I will admit though /sch enhances the job IMO.

Ever since getting it I refuse to use anything else. As far as my oppinion goes I believe light arts + penury works just awesome. Sublimation also a perk...I get 278mp back with a full and I find those 3 things totally worth it. I've solo healed events that I've seen others struggle through and fell in love with it because of that reason.

Everyone has they're own playing style and if they can play without /sch and do it well, I say go for it.

And as far as the whms who can't heal at bird camp I admit I lol'd. I did that before i finished rdm lots of times with absolutely no problems /sch and I'm Elvaan with lol gear at that time.

There are probably a lot of WHMs out there that are great despite having no /SCH sub, but if you're REALLY hardcore about a job, then why not have all the tools available to you to enhance yourself? It IS really close minded to say that to be GOOD you need /SCH, because there are ppl that will suck no matter WHAT, but yah... there are situations when all subs can be utilized.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-06-30 17:17:44
Link | Citer | R

Geesus said:
Agreed. I have /sch and it's pretty pointless expecially in like Dynamis where I'm curing 20 people, cause let me tell you.. sublimation isn't going to do anything. I need refresh. lol. I normally /smn don't have to worry about stoneskin up so i can rest or anything. I do very well @ my job.

So why not just /sch anyways and not use Sublimation so you can get refreshed. You'd still have Light Arts to save mp on cures and the occasional Penury. Probably would save more mp with light arts and penury than the extra mp /smn would give.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.October
By Midgardsormr.October 2009-06-30 17:17:49
Link | Citer | R

/sch onry ヽ(`д´)ノ
[+]
 Remora.Geesus
By Remora.Geesus 2009-06-30 17:25:54
Link | Citer | R

Bojack said:

So why not just /sch anyways and not use Sublimation so you can get refreshed. You'd still have Light Arts to save mp on cures and the occasional Penury. Probably would save more mp with light arts and penury than the extra mp /smn would give.

it doesn't i tried it. /smn does just as well. I have no issues with running out of mp like ever.. so /sch can be useful if in a stressful situation but /smn works just as well. Thats my opinion. It's all a matter of opinion. I love my whm. I use /blm /sch and /smn depending on where i'm going. Never have an issue.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15