Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-07-01 02:57:35
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

You know, if properly done and with enough refresh to go around, you'd think it would be rather efficient to have a BLM around to kill the mob "x %" faster. Less TP feed than melees and since mobs die in 2 seconds anyways, the damage would be definitely worthwhile. I dunno, perhaps it's too fast paced for them.

You'd think SE would raise the exp cap for all mobs instead of EP & DC, so we can get back to killing real prey for massive exp. Oh well, one can dream right?
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-01 02:57:42
Link | Citer | R

Bartimaeus said:
Magic bursting can be so much *** fun. :P

Truth! Pick up peeps always ***when you SC-MB routinely in a party...it definitely is a lost art.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-01 03:17:52
Link | Citer | R

Too bad self light SC is weak as wee without someone else to tank so you can SA.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-07-01 03:23:17

Wait... how did we get to stop talking about white mages? I have to admit, the good ones that shine are becoming few and far between these days.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-07-01 03:34:13
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Bartimaeus said:
Magic bursting can be so much *** fun. :P

Truth! Pick up peeps always ***when you SC-MB routinely in a party...it definitely is a lost art.

{Fact} ; ;

Now I'm levelling SAM though, I watch out for WS's just so I can spam stupid WS's like Tachi: Goten, in hopes of SC'ing XD
[+]
 Unicorn.Shimay
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Shimay
By Unicorn.Shimay 2009-07-01 03:37:32
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Xenogelion said:
Its not just WHM too, i've partied with some pretty bad PLDs

I think we've all partied with some pretty bad everything before ^^

Theres always somebody no matter which job where i think wtf...
Did a mission with a 75 BLM good gear.. and ***.. but then he said.. oh well.. i sold Sleepga II .. why having Sleepga II when i have Sleepga we thought WTF...
and in dynamis i always go /sch.. *** it.. my rdm last time said oh refresh is more then sublimation.. ok.. BUT only if the rdm everytime refresh.. at the end i had like 5 % of the complete run refresh.. so /sch yes pls.
you can only be as good as your pt members are..
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-07-01 03:40:19

Shimay said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Xenogelion said:
Its not just WHM too, i've partied with some pretty bad PLDs

I think we've all partied with some pretty bad everything before ^^

Theres always somebody no matter which job where i think wtf...
Did a mission with a 75 BLM good gear.. and ***.. but then he said.. oh well.. i sold Sleepga II .. why having Sleepga II when i have Sleepga we thought WTF...
and in dynamis i always go /sch.. *** it.. my rdm last time said oh refresh is more then sublimation.. ok.. BUT only if the rdm everytime refresh.. at the end i had like 5 % of the complete run refresh.. so /sch yes pls.
you can only be as good as your pt members are..

Amen... Skill > All
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-07-01 03:41:10
Link | Citer | R

Only read the first page, but there are some people who just do not care about being good at being a WHM. I've come across plenty of WHMs and other jobs who are not very good at all.
Whm was my first 75 and I think I am fairly good at it. Despite have no merits in it I still think I outperform most whms I encounter. Mainly because I pay attention. It is not a terribly difficult job. You just have to F'kn pay attention. If whms screw up it tends to leads to a clusterfawk, so it is more noticeable.
SJs. Can go either way on this. I never use /blm unless asked to. I generally /sch, but have been known to /smn. I honestly don't use it as much as I'd like (WHM itself).
IMHO, You can be a fine whm with shitty gear and any of those subjobs. Skills trumps gear, but gear helps. You can have all the best gear avaliable for any job and still be a goddamn moron.
[+]
 Leviathan.Minigoji
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Minigoji
By Leviathan.Minigoji 2009-07-02 16:04:40
Link | Citer | R

Geesus said:

Agreed. I have /sch and it's pretty pointless expecially in like Dynamis where I'm curing 20 people, cause let me tell you.. sublimation isn't going to do anything. I need refresh. lol. I normally /smn don't have to worry about stoneskin up so i can rest or anything. I do very well @ my job.

Actually Dynamis is a place where /sch really shines as you have access to plenty of mobs you can Aspir for MP (go get an Anrin Obi for even more fun w/Aspir in permanent double dark weather)

Think of it as getting anywhere from 80 to 120ish MP back every minute versus the 20 you get back w/Auto-Refresh.

And if you're talking about the refresh spell versus sublimation...you don't HAVE to use sublimation if a rdm is present (I generally prefer refresh to sublimation unless I know I'm in danger of being slept)...just let them know you want refresh.

The undeniable fact is that /sch out classes any other SJ regardless of the situation you're in (assuming you're role is keeping people alive and you're not screwin around DDing - which, btw, for those who have never done it, try whm/sam w/a primate's staff, a pammama, haste and haste gear...***'s sick lol [think Kraken Staff]).

/blm - tele taxi and fast trip to bastok are only real good reasons to use this SJ. Being able to reliably land a spell ever 10 minutes via ES is not a good reason when you can reliably land a spell constantly via the Light/Dark arts skill bonus.

/smn - carby pulling is the only real reason to use this anymore and only if it's a necessity.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-02 16:06:44
Link | Citer | R

Minigoji said:
Geesus said:

Agreed. I have /sch and it's pretty pointless expecially in like Dynamis where I'm curing 20 people, cause let me tell you.. sublimation isn't going to do anything. I need refresh. lol. I normally /smn don't have to worry about stoneskin up so i can rest or anything. I do very well @ my job.

Actually Dynamis is a place where /sch really shines as you have access to plenty of mobs you can Aspir for MP (go get an Anrin Obi for even more fun w/Aspir in permanent double dark weather)

Think of it as getting anywhere from 80 to 120ish MP back every minute versus the 20 you get back w/Auto-Refresh.

And if you're talking about the refresh spell versus sublimation...you don't HAVE to use sublimation if a rdm is present (I generally prefer refresh to sublimation unless I know I'm in danger of being slept)...just let them know you want refresh.

The undeniable fact is that /sch out classes any other SJ regardless of the situation you're in (assuming you're role is keeping people alive and you're not screwin around DDing - which, btw, for those who have never done it, try whm/sam w/a primate's staff, a pammama, haste and haste gear...***'s sick lol [think Kraken Staff]).

/blm - tele taxi and fast trip to bastok are only real good reasons to use this SJ. Being able to reliably land a spell ever 10 minutes via ES is not a good reason when you can reliably land a spell constantly via the Light/Dark arts skill bonus.

/smn - carby pulling is the only real reason to use this anymore and only if it's a necessity.

Yeah, /smn fails as a sub anymore on anything unless you need Carby pulling tbh. Most are just too lazy/stubborn to lvl up sch to 37.
[+]
 Leviathan.Minigoji
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Minigoji
By Leviathan.Minigoji 2009-07-02 16:24:35
Link | Citer | R

Tbest said:
Most are just too lazy/stubborn to lvl up sch to 37.

I was one of those for quite some time myself...and to all those who are so now, JUST TRY IT! You won't be disappointed :D
[+]
 Cerberus.Quipto
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-07-02 17:40:39
Link | Citer | R

Minigoji said:
Tbest said:
Most are just too lazy/stubborn to lvl up sch to 37.

I was one of those for quite some time myself...and to all those who are so now, JUST TRY IT! You won't be disappointed :D

i was the same as you two. just never took the time to level it. but now i see just how effective and worth it /sch is.

i love the arguments people are using about /smn max mp boost when /sch gets the trait as well. /hurray 10 mp!! granted, its only tier 1, but its not that great of an mp boost. or the argument people use of /blm that you can drain/aspir with it. its so great to drain/aspir with 114 skill, isnt it!!! or, how about bumping dark skill to 256 and making the spells worth something? idk, just how i feel i guess...
[+]
 Phoenix.Amael
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-07-02 18:37:07
Link | Citer | R

I only read 1 page and half of the second. SCH IS the best SJ for WHM past 70. One thing that most people just dismiss and i think is the best of being /sch is not only sublimation, but actually Light Arts JA. Light Arts is a 10% less cost on Spells and 10% less in Casting and Recasting, being like a Fast Cast 1 on Casting and a III on recasting. Also you get a boost in Enfeebling Magic, making WHM's decent enfeeblers (In white mage spells) Is this worth over Subbing SMN? Yes! Because you still get Sanction! Worth over blm? YES, bring a Damn warp scroll or go to any Tele. Also if I anyone else tells me that i should use Light Staff instead of Templar Mace + Holy shield, im goin to slap you on the face. You dont know the job at all. I use light staff if i have to Dia, Banish, Repose or Flash, which RARELY I get to do.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.October
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: izzlet
By Midgardsormr.October 2009-07-02 19:04:44
Link | Citer | R

Amael said:
Also if I anyone else tells me that i should use Light Staff instead of Templar Mace + Numinous Shield+1, im goin to slap you on the face. You dont know the job at all. I use light staff if i have to Dia, Banish, Repose or Flash, which RARELY I get to do.
 Pandemonium.Andross
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Andross
By Pandemonium.Andross 2009-07-02 19:13:45
Link | Citer | R

Yup, the fact that /sch gets max MP boost too just completely invalidates his argument. But since the job trait in general is just so useless, it's not even worth bringing it up...

Really, since when was WHM about doing "just fine"? WHM was made a different and efficient job in the April VU, and with /sch, the job is just plain broken. /sch beats every other sub job 99% of the time, and if it doesn't, a RDM/BLM, BLM/RDM, or SMN could of filled the roles nicely, if not better than a WHM with /blm or /smn.

Amael, I'd also suggest getting a Capricorn staff for flash, esuna, hastes, and generally anything that requires you to reduce recast timers. It's rarely on the AH, but really is worth it if you don't have HQ blessed.

For me, Templar mace isn't worth the inventory. :/
[+]
 Phoenix.Amael
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-07-02 19:25:45
Link | Citer | R

Andross said:
Yup, the fact that /sch gets max MP boost too just completely invalidates his argument. But since the job trait in general is just so useless, it's not even worth bringing it up...

Really, since when was WHM about doing "just fine"? WHM was made a different and efficient job in the April VU, and with /sch, the job is just plain broken. /sch beats every other sub job 99% of the time, and if it doesn't, a RDM/BLM, BLM/RDM, or SMN could of filled the roles nicely, if not better than a WHM with /blm or /smn.

Amael, I'd also suggest getting a Capricorn staff for flash, esuna, hastes, and generally anything that requires you to reduce recast timers. It's rarely on the AH, but really is worth it if you don't have HQ blessed.

For me, Templar mace isn't worth the inventory. :/

Doesnt beat celerity. In Dynamis I celerity + Haste to chain Haste easily. Templar Mace is > than Light/Apollo staff cure-wise, as With Templar mace you get Cure+10% and MND +5 which makes your Cures more efficient.

October said:
Also if I anyone else tells me that i should use Light Staff instead of Templar Mace + Numinous Shield+1, im goin to slap you on the face. You dont know the job at all. I use light staff if i have to Dia, Banish, Repose or Flash, which RARELY I get to do.

Ideally would be a Muse Tariqah, but Holy Shield is all i have atm.
 Gilgamesh.Vidian
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Vidian
By Gilgamesh.Vidian 2009-07-02 19:30:51
Link | Citer | R

another stupid topic judging a whole job class after meeting one retard.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Andross
By Pandemonium.Andross 2009-07-02 19:35:38
Link | Citer | R

How you use your charges is up to you, but it's still useful for erase, flash, and regens.

L/A staff + staff strap is still the ideal weapon/sub for Cure IV. For Cure V, I'm missing out on about 2-4 MND, and much more with a Muse Tariqah. Apollo's + raptor strap +1 is only 2 less mind than a Templar + Holy shield combo, which honestly won't make too much of a difference.
[+]
 Remora.Eireamhon
Serveur: Remora
user: Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-07-02 20:07:49
Link | Citer | R

So I have 1 question. How many of you would have a scholar VS a whitemage that had NO SUB JOB; that right there being the key, in your pt?

The reason I ask?

Well tbh, so many people are running at the mouth about how EPIC /sch is BUT, if it wasn't for a whm being around to SAVE your sorry *** when you linked a mob or died cause you thought you were invincible, you probably would have cried to your mommas and quit playing YEARS ago.

Look, imho you should let your healer sub w/e the *** the want too. You like /sch. Good for you. You like to /smn, good for you. As long as the person playing the healing role doesn't get your PT killed; does it really freaking matter. If I'm not mistaken this thread started as someone's way to vent frustration at the new whinning babies and their "needs" for crap cause in all honesty they just f'ing suck at their jobs.

I'm only level 28 whm but what I can tell you is this. Just for the fact of being bored last night I went to Qufim to hang out with a friend and just help out their whm in a mana burn. Now here's where it get's funny. I was blm(23)/whm(11). I was helping 2 PT's keep themselves alive WHILE I was keeping hate on both PTs mobs! LMAO >< then lo and behold some rdm(70)/? I honestly can't remember, shows up and tries to "participate". Well guess what, that f'ing rdm took 1 pt I took the other and by the second pull 2 ppl died in their pt and mine was still alive.

It all comes down to what you are comfortable with not what job is more "epic" then the other. No job in this game is truly awesome till 70+ anyway.

You think what you want but this "opinion" comes from some one who has seen 75s SUCK at their job and below 75s straight PWN another higher level healer because they have S K I L L S!
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
Serveur: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-07-02 20:37:39
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
So I have 1 question. How many of you would have a scholar VS a whitemage that had NO SUB JOB; that right there being the key, in your pt?

wat

---

nobody said whms cant function without /sch and everybody has said we know whm can function just fine with the old school SJs that we too have lvled and used for years and years and we understand that it can take time to lvl and inconveniently new SJ.

however, /sch is now the superior SJ. If you're a sucky whm you're going to still be a sucky whm. If you like playing whm, if you want better mp return then what /smn can give you and if you want the benefit of some /blm spells but with mucho higher skill...then you'd want to have /sch.

once you sub it for the first time you realize "holy crap this is wonderful"

I dont think anybody'd tell any older whms "zomg your gimp for no /sch" but it is the new mandatory thing for new whms.
--

@lightstaff discussion. I use a light staff and I have a dryad staff that I got from nyzul isle luck that I use in my full mp set. I was going to go the templar mace/shield route and then grips were introduced >3 then I just felt templar mace isnt really worth the price. The fact that I share a lightstaff between 3 jobs that often mainheal and should probably spend my money on an apollos instead, still makes me kinda "weh, perhaps I should just save my money"
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Wyl
Serveur: Asura
user: Wyl
By Asura.Wyl 2009-07-02 21:08:54
Link | Citer | R

October said:

are /blm or /smn.

Um. So why are we hating on WHM/BLM or WHM/SMN? Before /SCH everyone was /BLM or /SMN o.o so anyways, plz get a life.

Also what does WHM/SCH get that /BLM doesn't get? I didn't think the ability to aga's any spell was allowed as /SCH maybe I was wrong o.o
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-07-02 21:13:22
Link | Citer | R

WHM/SCH can dispel! >_>;
[+]
 Asura.Wyl
By Asura.Wyl 2009-07-02 21:18:14
Link | Citer | R

Oh wow really o.o I guess that means they have some use if no RDM or BRD lfping. Other then Curing
[+]
 Pandemonium.Andross
By Pandemonium.Andross 2009-07-02 21:19:23
Link | Citer | R

WHM/SCH is better now, don't you have a life?
[+]
 Asura.Wyl
By Asura.Wyl 2009-07-02 21:22:18
Link | Citer | R

I see so everyone hates on a WHM/BLM and WHM/SMN then? Wow, now I understand why there are less and less WHM around if they are being hated on for picking more Mana/Avatar buffs over being able to Dispel oooo....
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-07-02 21:23:41
Link | Citer | R

Wyl said:
I see so everyone hates on a WHM/BLM and WHM/SMN then? Wow, now I understand why there are less and less WHM around if they are being hated on for picking more Mana/Avatar buffs over being able to Dispel oooo....

/SCH > /BLM for mana management.

[+]
 Asura.Wyl
By Asura.Wyl 2009-07-02 21:26:27
Link | Citer | R

wasn't saying /BLM has more mana the whole avatar buffs was supposed to give away the nature of talking about /SMN mana. All WHM needs now is a ability to refresh themselves <Other then Auto-Refresh> and RDM would be useless. Anyways....

I'm sorry for anyone that meets a ungrateful WHM. That doesn't do their job properly, as boring as it is.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Andross
By Pandemonium.Andross 2009-07-02 21:30:14
Link | Citer | R

Less WHM around? You're joking right? There's at least 100+ on at any given time.

Sublimation is the best self-refresh WHM gets. Better than Auto Refresh... and for things like dynamis, you can store a charge ahead of time giving you 200+ MP when you need it, which is more than any other SJ will give you.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15