Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 4 ... 188 189 190
 Asura.Karbuncle
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-03-27 21:11:52
Link | Citer | R

Good news is, If you plan to level RUN the old way, Taking it slow like I plan too... the level 45 Salvage gear is really bad*ss armor for its level. head and body have Triple Attack+1% Amongst other things.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-03-27 23:05:05
Link | Citer | R

When you unlock RUN, you get a Sowilo Claymore, Sowilo is a rune meaning "sun", hold onto this claymore, going out on a limb here, but this may one day become a RUN mythic or something. Maybe...Tournesol?
[+]
By Mcdougall 2013-03-27 23:07:32
Link | Citer | R

Hey Kojo could you explain on how to unlock rune?
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-27 23:09:28
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said: »
When you unlock RUN, you get a Sowilo Claymore, Sowilo is a rune meaning "sun", hold onto this claymore, going out on a limb here, but this may one day become a RUN mythic or something. Maybe...Tournesol?

It might just turn into the AF Gsword like Sam's GK. I really doubt it would turn into the new legendary
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-03-27 23:10:27
Link | Citer | R

Talk to Octavien, in Eastern Adoulin, he actually tells you the POS of the KI, when you return, you have to repeatedly try to use a rune. In east Audolin, go right of the Altana Statue and follow that alley till you see a ramp, Octavien is up that ramp.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-03-27 23:11:32
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »

It might just turn into the AF Gsword like Sam's GK. I really doubt it would turn into the new legendary

It could do both, starter -> af -> legendary
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-27 23:13:35
Link | Citer | R

lol think you might just be stretching your theory out :P
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-03-27 23:18:28
Link | Citer | R

lol think you might just be stretching your theory out :P

Legendaries.
[+]
By Mcdougall 2013-03-28 00:26:38
Link | Citer | R

Thank you kojo for your help :)
 Fenrir.Soulstealers
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Soulstealers 2013-03-28 02:07:39
Link | Citer | R

Any 1 know the evasion cap on Runefencer?
 Siren.Jasana
Serveur: Siren
user: jasana
By Siren.Jasana 2013-03-28 02:29:24
Link | Citer | R

At level 20, skill caps are:

Sword, Greatsword, Parrying 63 (rank A)
Axe, Greataxe, Evasion, Divine, Enhancing 60 (rank B)
Club 58 (rank C)

Can't tell which is A+, A-, etc. until lv62.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pruviant
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pruviant
By Cerberus.Pruviant 2013-03-28 02:30:19
Link | Citer | R

Oooo, Tournesol! A throwback to my closet FFXII days lol
By Tickmeoff 2013-03-28 03:23:00
Link | Citer | R

Anyone else getting random junk said in say when trying to use RUN job abilities? Seems like spellcast is having difficulties with it, so I've been having to use the /raw command for everything.
 Cerberus.Keyoku
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2013-03-28 03:39:06
Link | Citer | R

Thie looks a fun job to gear. Marginal, I know, but Abatteur Subligar > Thaumas Kecks in the stickied ws set. Very happy you're staying on top of the gear sets from the get go.
By Enuyasha 2013-03-28 04:04:42
Link | Citer | R

So...have we figured out how run-enspells work on damage? are they calculated like the normal enspell formula or are they like sambas where it depends on weapon?
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
Serveur: Bahamut
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-03-28 04:15:44
Link | Citer | R

Im still trying to find the Yashee Hunting grounds and the maps >.<
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-03-28 05:04:43
Link | Citer | R

Enuyasha said: »
Fenrir.Schutz said: »
Were RUN's evasion and parry skill ranges mentioned in the patch notes/previous info releases/data scraping? The Swordplay ability (increased accuracy/eva until a critical hit is received) and Inquartata and Tactical Parry (parry bonus/TP bonus to parries) traits imply that it's going to be a high evasion/parry type job, no?

If that's the case, then maybe an eva set or hybrid set (hopefully the job is not solo-only type thing) might be needed at some point also.
For just physical spamming mobs yea, but hopefully we would be using a PLD WAR/DRK/SAM for those :(

Fixed that for you.
By Enuyasha 2013-03-28 05:06:28
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Were RUN's evasion and parry skill ranges mentioned in the patch notes/previous info releases/data scraping? The Swordplay ability (increased accuracy/eva until a critical hit is received) and Inquartata and Tactical Parry (parry bonus/TP bonus to parries) traits imply that it's going to be a high evasion/parry type job, no?

If that's the case, then maybe an eva set or hybrid set (hopefully the job is not solo-only type thing) might be needed at some point also.
For just physical spamming mobs yea, but hopefully we would be using a PLD WAR/DRK/SAM for those :(

Fixed that for you.
at the time i didnt know SE would pander to idiots again with temps. But the point still stands. PLD is the best physical tank as far as taking hits is concerned.
 Asura.Devilzero
Serveur: Asura
user: Devilray
By Asura.Devilzero 2013-03-28 05:07:12
Link | Citer | R

NVM lunge works lol.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-03-28 05:25:36
Link | Citer | R

Fixed that for you.
at the time i didnt know SE would pander to idiots again with temps. But the point still stands. PLD is the best physical tank as far as taking hits is concerned.

PLD can't tank. Tanking involves maintaining hate while your melee bring it's HP down so that you can win the fight, PLD can not currently do this. I mentioned those other jobs because their all capable of getting 50% PDT/MDT which is all that's needed for survival purposes. Remember a tank's job isn't to take as little damage as possible, it's to hold the monsters hate. They only need to reduce damage far enough to stay alive, which any DD with a decent "ohh sh!t" set can do.
By mcdonalds87 2013-03-28 06:10:37
Link | Citer | R

Get a rng behind that pld with annihilator and pld will always be tanking.
[+]
By Artemicion 2013-03-28 06:13:28
Link | Citer | R

Memories of explaining to people the utilities of SATA and the importance of first provokes have come flooding back all of a sudden.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jaggerjack
Serveur: Bahamut
user: voiceless
By Bahamut.Jaggerjack 2013-03-28 06:27:34
Link | Citer | R

Savel you clearly did not play paladin after update go change job and try
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-28 06:45:27
Link | Citer | R

Gtfo with your pld stuff, we're talking runic here!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-03-28 07:03:06
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said: »
Memories of explaining to people the utilities of SATA and the importance of first provokes have come flooding back all of a sudden.

Lol surely you jest?

10,000 CE
10,000 VE

That's the hate cap.

Provoke
1 CE
1800 VE

Flash
180 CE
1280 VE

2,000 WS
2000 CE (pre-update)
6000 VE (pre-update)

200 damage melee hit
200 CE
600 VE

Now assuming 70% reduction we get
600 CE
1800 VE
and
60 CE
180 VE

Now IDK about you guys but I have a much higher average then 2,000, and 200 per hit, but lets use those numbers as an example of a very weak DD.

A weak DD will get a WS off ever 10~15s along with the six ~ seven hits required.

Sevens hits and the WS is 3400 damage in ~15s for a total enmity generation of ~1020 CE and ~3060 VE.

That is how bad PLD is for hate generation via "hate tools". Provoke is worthless as you'll be capping VE stupid quick so it's down to ... drum roll ... flash at 180 CE per use. With sentinal up for capped +enmity (100) it would be 320 CE per use.

All the update did was make it so that it takes longer to cap enmity, damage is still the #1 enmity generation source by a very big margin.

Now lets assuming the DD isn't brain-dead and actually gears properly while playing aggressively. Using a very high level NM, Morta as an example, my average hit was 283 damage and average WS was 3224. I averaged ~8s between WS's and I'm packing a six hit. That's 4922 damage every 8s for 3.75 WS's per 30s block of time. 18,457.5 damage for a total enmity generation of 5537 CE & 16611 VE (caped at 10,000) after update. And I also have a full PDT set for those times when I need to "not die" while holding hate. And this is a high level NM that is inflicting a very large cRatio penalty along with a critical hit rate defense (I had 15% crit rate). On a NM that's closer to my level and without that crit hate defense I would be pumping out much higher WS's along with higher melee hit average for greater total hate generation.

So we can easily see how a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE DD can "out-tank" PLD while a competent aggressive DD just completely dominates.

What SE really needs to do is give PLD (and RUN / NIN) new / modified abilities that generate a metric F*CK ton of CE. I'm talking 1,000+ per use. Only then will a turtle PLD be able to "hold hate".

"Tanking" is first and foremost about holding hate, then killing the NM to get the loot. A far distance after those two is reducing damage, and the only reason it's important is to conserve the healers resources. If the healer has plenty of resources then there is no reason to reduce damage further then absolutely required to stay alive.

That priority list is something that SE's developers and many people in the player base get very wrong. A PLD taking 0 damage is utterly useless when everyone else is dead or dieing, and even less the useless if your still fighting the NM an hour or two later.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-28 07:06:18
Link | Citer | R

Someone kill this guy please.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2013-03-28 07:15:00
Link | Citer | R

Could we maybe discuss RUN on the RUN forums and PLD on the PLD forums? Just a thought.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-03-28 07:15:10
Link | Citer | R

Anyhow that's important towards RUN because if someone is planning on "Tanking" on RUN their going to need to learn how to properly generate massive quantities of hate. That means full blown TP set and spamming Reso (or any other high damage abilities they might have), at least until CE is capped. Then you can throttle back a bit and ride it out, just ensure your putting out enough damage to maintain CE cap.

Which brings me to something most players f*ck up horribly. The monster doesn't target the person doing the most damage, they target the person highest on the list (those two often tend to be the same). Now if multiple people are at capped hate then the monster always targets the one who did the last action on it. This means that once your at cap you only need to maintain cap while hitting very fast to maintain hate. For these two reasons a BRD's march is infinitely more useful then ballad or minne for anyone "tanking".

-=Edit=-
Quote:
Could we maybe discuss RUN on the RUN forums and PLD on the PLD forums? Just a thought.

Just wanted to point out the sheer advantage that damage has as a hate source. Anyone "tanking" on RUN will be using damage as their primary source of hate, though no OaT Fulg really hurts.

What I just posted also applies to RUN. RUN gets flash natively and can /WAR for Provoke. The above numbers should illustrate how anyone thinking those abilities would let them hold hate would be very wrong. Reso (or Ruin if you wanted to go with that route) would be the primary hate abilities with Lunge being a decent hate source (can get resisted though and needs MAB).
By Enuyasha 2013-03-28 13:15:41
Link | Citer | R

This is also coming from the old mindset. We have a new enmity system. We dont know exactly how badass the ability CE/VE values have become. Also, Curecheat set, look that up bro.

Anyway, someone said Lunge works. How does it work!?

Spellcast is a ***
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-28 13:26:05
Link | Citer | R

Anyhow that's important towards RUN because if someone is planning on "Tanking" on RUN their going to need to learn how to properly generate massive quantities of hate. That means full blown TP set and spamming Reso (or any other high damage abilities they might have), at least until CE is capped.

It also means mitigating, or evading, damage enough to prevent all your enmity from oozing down your leg. If RUN manages to evade well and time abilities, it should be a relatively competant tank.

I feel that between foil/phalanx and JA, this was SE's intention. I can't wait to try ^^
First Page 2 3 4 ... 188 189 190