Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 154 155 156 ... 188 189 190
 Asura.Byrne
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-31 14:04:29
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Spell interrupt gear costs you significant amounts of either DT or HP. It may be worth having it on a toggle, but I also do fine without it. It definitely isn't worth always using, there are times you'll wish you weren't dropping your HP/PDT every cast.

A trick for getting casts off on a big pull is to run a little past the last mobs, then abruptly turn around and run into them. They will all have their attack round ready since you had previously been out of range, and it'll mostly sync them up to the same attack time. Almost all mobs attack once every 4 seconds under normal conditions(haste buffs and slow debuffs will alter this).

Really it should be that you have 2 sets for Phalanx (one focused more on Phalanx+, the other more tilted toward Phalanx + SIRD (Since they are on the same pieces in the case of Taeon) then use full SIRD for Aquaveil... I'll post an example of what my lua is doing here. (After all, with Aquaveil up, there is less need for SIRD anyway)

Using this kind of logic, you can get fantastic use out of Stoneskin. Though I'd reccomend your stoneskin set just being your HP/DT set. When you're actively being swung at, the Stoneskin+ gear is going to be a net negative either through HP lost while casting or extra damage taken while casting.

You may also notice I skimp on enhancing skill on the Phalanx set. it is for the same reason. It is not worth getting the ***beat out of you for 1 or maybe 2 extra phalanx when the Phalanx+ pieces already give you so much... You're better off maintaining HP and DT.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-01-31 15:09:35
Link | Citer | R

I think various enhancing spells could use a revamp.

Uncap stoneskin potency, or at least significantly raise the cap. And make ilevel versions of all the SS+ gear. Some of that stuff is just dangerous to wear under fire. The best thing would be a number on the buff icon showing how much dmg your SS can still take. Never have to test with 1k needles ever again.

Make aquaveil scale a bit better with enhancing skill(or actually add some aquaveil+ gear the RUN can wear!) I'd love to see a remaining interrupt guards indicator on the buff icon like ustu gets... it'd make testing super easy, and let you know when to recast.

Make blink not completely suck. Somehow. <,<;; Well, it is actually kinda useful vs slow casting single target nukes if you react fast enough. And it's really amusing when you just finish casting blink and it eats a T6 nuke or break, etc.

Ok, I'm done dreaming now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-31 15:24:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Byrne said: »
I know this sounds preachy, but for tank jobs, and any jobs that rely heavily on varying levels/potencies of enhancing magic and different buffs you may or may not have active, (all of which scream RUN) GearSwap will absolutely beat the pants off of Ashitacast in terms of flexibility and optimization. It may be worth figuring out. (it's really not all that hard anyway).

Ashitacast can do any sort of variety check on buffs as is, and there's nothing stopping you from using a ridealong lua to track who last cast or whatever if you need to know exact potency. From what I've seen, most gearswaps don't actually track that, though. Throw in that Ashitacast is much more reliable in instances, and I'm not sure what actual benefit you're talking about or if you've even looked at AC.

It's a matter of what you're capable of writing.

Asura.Byrne said: »
Using this kind of logic, you can get fantastic use out of Stoneskin. Though I'd reccomend your stoneskin set just being your HP/DT set. When you're actively being swung at, the Stoneskin+ gear is going to be a net negative either through HP lost while casting or extra damage taken while casting.
This sounds like a whole lot of lost time that could be generating hate for you, if you had capped fast cast and the very very basic ability to time casts between mob swings. I can't imagine why a tank would need to keep recasting stoneskin on anything currently in the game.
[+]
By likard 2019-01-31 18:30:18
Link | Citer | R

Well, I figured out how to make runes auto renew.
Code
function job_buff_change(buff, gain)
     if runes:contains(buff) then
        if state.AutoRune.value then
            if not buffactive[buff] or buffactive[buff] < 3 then
                local delay = gain and 5.1 or 1.1
                send_command('wait ' .. tostring(delay) .. ';input /ja "' .. buff .. '" <me>')
            end
        end
    end
end

function user_setup()
state.AutoRune = M(false, "Auto Rune")
 send_command("bind !e gs c toggle AutoRune")
end

function file_unload()
send_command("unbind !e gs c toggle AutoRune")
 end

those 3 inserts make alt +e auto renew runes as they drop off.
By Pantafernando 2019-02-02 10:24:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Trumpet said: »
Slightly related followup, do you need to use an aoe spell to establish enmity on dyna mobs after you pull a statue or do they share enmity with the statue?

In dyna div statues and mobs dont have shared enmity. You can aggro a statue and if none touch anything you can do everything without the risk or pulling aggro.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Serveur: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-02-12 22:49:17
Link | Citer | R

Sad part is, Delve took longer than gathering all the HPB. Finally got it done, though! Thanks to Onionknight and Berzerk for the Delve runs, especially Berzerk for that final push.

[+]
 Valefor.Gorns
Serveur: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-02-13 03:01:37
Link | Citer | R

likard said: »
function job_buff_change(buff, gain)
     if runes:contains(buff) then
        if state.AutoRune.value then
            if not buffactive[buff] or buffactive[buff] < 3 then
                local delay = gain and 5.1 or 1.1
                send_command('wait ' .. tostring(delay) .. ';input /ja "' .. buff .. '" <me>')
            end
        end
    end
end

function user_setup()
state.AutoRune = M(false, "Auto Rune")
 send_command("bind !e gs c toggle AutoRune")
end

function file_unload()
send_command("unbind !e gs c toggle AutoRune")
 end

Which we could adjust to any kind of buff like Warcry/Hasso/Haste/ etc ?

I assume there is some minor adjustment if it's a magical buff or from JA ?
By Senaki 2019-02-13 04:15:16
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Sad part is, Delve took longer than gathering all the HPB. Finally got it done, though! Thanks to Onionknight and Berzerk for the Delve runs, especially Berzerk for that final push.

I feel you, I had been finished with HBP for 3 months before I could bother to farm enough Plasm for mine. Gratz all the same. ^^
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-02-16 21:15:52
Link | Citer | R

Uploaded a pretty simple melee Tumult Curator win while helping some new LS members get clear. This strat is far easier and simpler than using lolsmn. From the Rune Fencer's PoV, however.

Hope this video encourages more people to try beat this UNM, especially while the x2 campaign is ongoing.

https://youtu.be/sObCASUyO6g

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-02-16 23:49:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Gordel said: »
Is Ashera Harness used for RUN at all? Dont really see it in the gear sets

Hybrid piece for Epeo users is about all.
By SimonSes 2019-02-17 02:22:16
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Asura.Gordel said: »
Is Ashera Harness used for RUN at all? Dont really see it in the gear sets

Hybrid piece for Epeo users is about all.

And AFAIK hybrid tanking with Epeo is 90% of endgame for RUN, which makes Ashera very valuable piece.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-02-17 09:02:36
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
90% of endgame for RUN

Don't know about that. If you're a serious RUN, you probably capped Omen cards so you aren't hybrid tanking omen. In serious dynamis runs, you probably are better off subbing blu for aoe hate(or NIN in sandy to simplify w2 boss) because you have another 6+ DPS that can dedicate themselves to damage. In aeonic, you're just tagging for the SMNs or RNGs and your damage is irrelevant.

Is ambuscade now 90% of endgame..? You don't even hybrid every month for that.
[+]
By Taint 2019-02-17 09:45:15
Link | Citer | R

Ashera Harness Rare Ex
[Body] All Races
DEF:148 HP+182 MP+44 STR+30 DEX+40 VIT+30 AGI+30 INT+30 MND+30 CHR+40 Accuray+45 Attack+45 Ranged Accuracy+45 Evasion+90 Magic Evasion+96 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+4% "Store TP"+10 "Resist Paralyze"+90 Damage taken -7%
LV 99 MNK THF BRD NIN DNC RUN

Its pretty much excellent for everything but full turtle. STP+10 makes it a solid DPS option nevermind its defensive stats. HP+182,DT-7 make it a great defensive option nevermind its DPS stats.

Other comparable items:

Futhark Coat +3 Rare Ex
[Body] All Races
DEF:156 HP+119 MP+104 STR+34 DEX+39 VIT+34 AGI+38 INT+33 MND+33 CHR+33 Accuracy+40 Attack+65 Magic Accuracy+40 Evasion+69 Magic Evasion+84 "Magic Def. Bonus"+8 Haste+4% "Regen"+5 "Liement" duration +5 Damage taken -9%
LV 99 RUN

Runeist's Coat +3 Rare Ex
[Body] All Races
DEF:155 HP+218 MP+76 STR+34 DEX+39 VIT+34 AGI+38 INT+33 MND+33 CHR+33 Accuracy+50 Res. all ele.+39 Evasion+69 Magic Evasion+94 "Magic Def. Bonus"+7 Haste+4% "Valiance" and "Vallation" effect duration +19 "Refresh"+3 Set: Increases Accuracy, Ranged Accurac
LV 99 RUN
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-02-17 09:54:52
Link | Citer | R

Wasn't saying Ashera isn't great so much as hybrid is not really 90% of endgame. If you do a lot of light or older content with small groups, you'll use it more often, but if you're relatively up to date it's pretty much only used in ambuscade.
 Asura.Elazar
user: Elazar1
By Asura.Elazar 2019-02-17 10:42:57
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much only time I use hybrid on rune is either ambu or messing killing escha/reis mobs, and omen bosses other then that full tank mode for dynamis. Oh used hybrid for a MT fight once...
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-02-17 10:56:05
Link | Citer | R

Hybrid set on Rune can be used for pretty much everything, however, you have to be confident in doing it for higher end stuff such as Dynamis. Hybrid on rune is no doubt the top end of the job, which definitely takes time to figure out when and where to use and to switch into it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-02-17 11:10:17
Link | Citer | R

Hybrid is pointless without /sam for hasso a source of JA haste. The set doesn't cost much in dynamis, the sub does.
 Asura.Elazar
By Asura.Elazar 2019-02-17 11:14:59
Link | Citer | R

Honestly runes go sub drk, not sam. so have no use for sam what so ever and can tank just fine with /drk for most things albeit for wave 3 sub blue is best unless you have another tank with you then you can let your hair down some
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-02-17 11:20:36
Link | Citer | R

I personally don't find any use in /sam. I'm either going full zerg dps or full tank or hybrid. /sam is not good for any of them. I am always /drk or the full turtle /blu.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-02-17 11:25:37
Link | Citer | R

Not sure why you'd say it's not good for any of them, last resort only has 60% uptime and a significant defense drop. If I have proper attack buffs, I prefer it to /drk. Hasso gets full uptime with no negatives.

I certainly wouldn't tank dyna wave2/3 bosses in a hybrid set with last resort up.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-02-17 11:32:15
Link | Citer | R

well with /drk i can go full DD zerg for that time, when the timer is down i can chill and get buffs back up. in most zerg fights LR is never down. you can hybrid tank wave 2-3 in dyna with the right buffs, geo wilt/barrier etc. The defense down is not that big of a penalty with proper sets and buffs.

Still, i find /sam useless in almost all scenarios.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-02-17 11:37:07
Link | Citer | R

If you need to use barrier in tank party to get away with last resort, why not use fury and /sam..? You're saying you find it useless, but not really giving any explanation. Every GEO buff selection is important, you aren't just throwing 2-3 GEOs in tank party to cater to a DPS run that can't compare to the RNGs, CORs, or DRKs.

I get why /drk is good, if you don't have any attack buffs it will make a huge difference for resolution. But, you're still dropping significantly below haste cap 40% of the time and can't effectively dps without the defense drop. It's situational, like everything else in the game.
 Asura.Elazar
By Asura.Elazar 2019-02-17 11:45:14
Link | Citer | R

For me the biggest benefit of going /drk is your still able to tank pretty well, if things go south, due to poisonga. Hasso is nice yes, then your just a flat out melee, and not going to compete with a drk or sam anyway, it’s about being able to help out dps wise and if the omg ***button happens you can switch to tank mode in a heart beat
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-02-17 11:46:47
Link | Citer | R

The buff selection for wave 3 tank party is usually barrier, if i'm not main tanking i would go /drk for the attack boost + the chance to dps while LR is up. While LR is up i have a 3min window to do some damage, but with Battuta i would go full out DD with no worry of dying.

It's not always going to be full DD like using /sam, it would be on and off DD while tanking and having that burst of heavy dps when able to.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-02-17 11:53:30
Link | Citer | R

/DRK does have Sleepga for AOE hate as well, so there's that. I've seen it used effectively in Dyna for main tanking. Sleepga actually has wider AOE than Geist Wall or Sheep Song so it works surprisingly well, especially if you have impatient sleepers who like to sleep stuff when it's still a bit spread out.

That said, I basically always /BLU in Dyna as well unless we're going melee burn and there's already a RUN/BLU in the group. Then I'll generally /SAM because, like others said, Hasso is fulltime and LR is not. /SAM's only real downside is if the main tank(s) die you don't have as much hate tools to take over. That's generally not a problem though; pop Valiance, One for All, Liement, or something like that and then Foil and other JAs, you'll have lots of hate.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-02-17 11:55:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Elazar said: »
still able to tank pretty well, if things go south, due to poisonga.
This doesn't make much sense to me either, you can tag pulls fast but /sam can always throw out a shockwave, and I can't think of many situations where you get surprise more adds while things are already going south. If you're already on hate list, they're both more than fine with wards and foil.

Seigan isn't anything amazing, but it still has more defensive value than anything DRK brings to the table if things are 'going south'.

Focusing on DPS while battuta/last resort is up makes a lot more sense, but you don't need barrier if you aren't trying to DPS and I've got doubts you put up any meaningful numbers when compared to good COR or RNG. Of course, this is beyond a niche situation because it seems you already agree that you'd be /blu if main tanking.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-02-17 12:02:06
Link | Citer | R

I agree with your point if the main tank dies, but i find that /drk allows me to be versatile, as /sam is full DD only, and cannot tank as well as /drk or /blu.

/sam definitely is better if you are going full DD over a long period of time, but for me, that never happens. when i go full DD it's a quick zerg, or i do tank/bursts of dps. that's why i find it useless. the way i play rune and since i'm normally main tank for most content i do, i cannot go full DD for long periods of time, so i find /drk always my best sub.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-02-17 12:04:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shiraj said: »
/sam is full DD only, and cannot tank as well as /drk or /blu.

This is just nonsense. If your only concern is tanking, /DRK has a couple more JA and a quicker aoe tag at the start of a fight. Once you're on the hate list, both are perfectly capable of keeping hate cap and staying alive, with SAM having an advantage on survivability.

I'd rather tank most events /sam than /drk.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-02-17 12:08:40
Link | Citer | R

/sam has no AoE outside of shockwave.
most of the time i tank i am not 100% magic haste capped, /sam murders casting time and recasting. this is either due to low man party or dispels from some mobs.

/sam has no form of enmity aside from JAs, /drk has JAs and Stun which is essentially another flash.

/sam has Seigen/third eye for avoiding attacks, which is rarely ever an issue. nothing in this game hits that hard you need to outright avoid it.
First Page 2 3 ... 154 155 156 ... 188 189 190