First Page 2 3 ... 280 281 282 ... 363 364 365
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-16 03:03:47
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Eternallight said: »
I would expect (hope?) the set bonus to go up too.
No single set bonus has been changed, ever. So while of course things could be different with the empy reforge, I wouldn't expect it if I were you.

Anyway Empy+3 body/legs are gonna be insanely good for MNK.
There's potential for feet too (will it have a bigger footwork bonus than Shukuyu Sune-ate? Will it have more base damage than AF+3?)

Hands and Head don't really look anything special BUT who knows, depends on what they decide to add. Doubt they're gonna be better than the current options we have for DPS, DT, Meva etc.

Aerix said: »
Almost always Relic legs +3 > Empy legs +1, especially if you're getting Samurai Roll.
I wholeheartedly agree with this.
There is one other aspect to consider though.
Those legs are gonna cost you ~28 millions in mats, on Asura at least.
Given the small difference with Bhikku+1 and given Bhikku+3 are supposedly going to get released soon (but are they?!) then you could spend those 28 millions in other aspects that would improve your MNK way more than going from Bhikku+1 to Hesychast+3 would.
Like, I dunno, 1+ stack of Astral Detritus?
A piece of Kendatsuba+1 you're still missing?

If someone has already got everything a MNK could want, doesn't have other jobs that need gear and/or he's packed full with gil, then sure, go for it.

For everybody else I would at least wait a couple of months to measure how far Empy+3 are gonna be.
Personally in the beginning of the year I was expecting Empy reforge to be released around november/december 2019. A lot of people was expecting the same I bet.
Now we're so close to that and no trace at all of the new content so I'm kinda starting to think Empy Reforge might be further away alas :x
[+]
 Fairy.Khory
Serveur: Fairy
user: Wyrmnax
By Fairy.Khory 2019-10-16 07:08:47
Link | Citer | R

After having only SAM as my DD job it feels so weird to play a job that needs to worry about white damage again, not just consider it a bonus that happens to give you tp...
By fonewear 2019-10-16 08:08:29
Link | Citer | R

So is monk great again ? Please explain without math I'm stupid.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-16 08:10:35
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Short answer: yes.

Long answer: yeeeeees.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2019-10-16 08:13:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
For everybody else I would at least wait a couple of months to measure how far Empy+3 are gonna be.
Personally in the beginning of the year I was expecting Empy reforge to be released around november/december 2019. A lot of people was expecting the same I bet.
Now we're so close to that and no trace at all of the new content so I'm kinda starting to think Empy Reforge might be further away alas :x

I thought Empy reforge would happen in Spring 2019, which would have been 4-6 months after Dynamis Wave 3 Bosses had come out and 9-12 months since relic reforge.

Since then, we’ve gotten job updates and new HTMB. I don’t think Empy reforge is coming until they finish all the job updates (who knows when that will be). I’m no longer optimistic that Empy reforge is coming anytime soon.

It’s pretty crazy how slow the gear power creep has gotten at this point. Many adhemar pieces are still best in slot and that content came out a couple years ago
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-16 08:14:05
Link | Citer | R

I would say it was already great. Just more of a fighting edge when impetus is down now :)
[+]
By fonewear 2019-10-16 08:17:29
Link | Citer | R

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: yeeeeees.

Nice.
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-16 08:18:15
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »

I thought Empy reforge would happen in Spring 2019, which would have been 4-6 months after Dynamis Wave 3 had come out and 9-12 months since relic reforge.

Since then, we’ve gotten job updates and new HTMB. I don’t think Empy reforge is coming until they finish all the job updates (who knows when that will be). I’m no longer optimistic that Empy reforge is coming anytime soon.

It’s pretty crazy how slow the gear power creep has gotten at this point. Many adhemar pieces are still best in slot and that content came out a couple years ago

I've been thinking this too. The way gear keeps progressively getting better and job updates making jobs better. I'm starting to wonder if whatever new content is coming if it will be ridiculously hard. Kind of like when Adoulin came out. First day people in delve and you were lucky to have a 10% accuracy rate on the trash mobs.
I doubt it would be anything that drastic again.
 Fairy.Khory
Serveur: Fairy
user: Wyrmnax
By Fairy.Khory 2019-10-16 08:22:18
Link | Citer | R

Yeah.

Always has been the best auto-attacker. Now it has good Weaponskills to go with it.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-10-16 08:22:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »

I thought Empy reforge would happen in Spring 2019, which would have been 4-6 months after Dynamis Wave 3 had come out and 9-12 months since relic reforge.

I've been thinking this too. The way gear keeps progressively getting better and job updates making jobs better. I'm starting to wonder if whatever new content is coming if it will be ridiculously hard. Kind of like when Adoulin came out. First day people in delve and you were lucky to have a 10% accuracy rate on the trash mobs.
I doubt it would be anything that drastic again.

I think wave 3 is basically that drastic. So we'll see how they creep up difficulty for whatever new content comes out.
By Aerix 2019-10-16 09:30:21
Link | Citer | R

Didn't they say they weren't going to do anything big content-wise for the Empy+3 reforges? I'm honestly expecting them to just repurpose Vagary and make it a bit harder.
By FaeQueenCory 2019-10-16 10:10:52
Link | Citer | R

Aerix said: »
Didn't they say they weren't going to do anything big content-wise for the Empy+3 reforges?
They said that something like Abyssea (new sandboxes, new meshes, new textures, etc) is not something they can do atm.
BUT they have said that something like ACP, AMK, and ASA might be a thing going forward.
The former said with regard to iLv Abyssea for Empy reforging, the later was said in their plans for the future.

More with regards to Empy reforging, they've hinted at new battle content for that. But that could be something like a new "path" for Omen, like how Divergence is just copied Dynamis areas as "new battle content".

So CL150 Adoulin Path VW or a white path for Omen would be something in line with what they have the resources for, and what's easily available to expand on.

Or something actually new in old areas like Ambuscade.

But anyway, they've not made mention or allusion to Empy+2/3 any time soon... unlike single-path R15 augments for UCNM gear... no idea if that's just weapons and armor or if accessories will get in on the augment game.
They've said that that won't be by the same mats, won't be +2ing them, will be single path like Oboro weapons, have implied some sort of new battle content will be behind it, and will be some time soon.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-10-16 10:23:58
Link | Citer | R

Let's just hope it'll be a new Limbus.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-16 10:34:41
Link | Citer | R

I don’t think Empy reforge is coming until they finish all the job updates (who knows when that will be). I’m no longer optimistic that Empy reforge is coming anytime soon.
That's what I'm afraid of as well, but who knows, let's see.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-16 10:37:03
Link | Citer | R

That's pretty much what's going to happen. There should've been a something added to ambuscade this month (maybe next month) to keep people interested other than gil and it didn't happen. Full focus on all the jobs.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-16 11:09:33
Link | Citer | R

Armor+3 nomnom, but with an additional bunch of +5 to the relevant stats and +1/2 to the additional special one, wouldn't some of those pieces become BiS, even above pieces which currently cost 30+ mils?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-16 11:30:13
Link | Citer | R

I can't really think of any tbh. The ones already used would be slightly better, but the ones we don't use wouldn't jump to the front (by much if they do) Jhakri might be the exception, but no haste for recast. But that's supposed to happen. onward and upward.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-16 11:40:51
Link | Citer | R

I think the ayanmo and sulv/flamma sets would also be pretty sweet at +3.

Sulv/Flamma +3 would be crazy for TPing on drg, at the very least, since you want to use a lot of those pieces already due to their high multi attack. (That flamma head +3 would be crazy as its already very high triple/sTP)
 Asura.Seizan
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2019-10-16 13:11:09
Link | Citer | R

iiPunch - Monk Guide
[+]
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-16 13:19:12
Link | Citer | R

Fair :p my point was more generalized.

I don't think either of the sets monk can use are all that great (mostly because of how good things like Kenda or Malignance are).
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-16 15:36:04
Link | Citer | R

Prepatch I would've said that some of those +2 pieces (Mummu and Hizamaru) could've been quite nice for some WS or some other use, especially because *hint hint* they're completely free.

Given the recent changes I'm not sure a lot of those pieces would be that hot in their +2 version.

Some other pieces of other sets sure, but specifically the 2 ones MNK can equip uh. I mean I would welcome them with open arms, but nothing groundbreaking really.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-16 15:48:13
Link | Citer | R

An alternate question, what are the general thoughts on the spharai?

I mean, I know final heaven is hot garbage (it would be good if fTP transfered and was two hits instead of one, but alas).

But the +counter and +kick attacks looks pretty sweet.
By Aerix 2019-10-16 15:53:25
Link | Citer | R

Mummu hands +3 might actually be very good for VS due to DA and Crit.
[+]
 Siren.Robthunder
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Robthunder 2019-10-16 15:54:38
Link | Citer | R

Crap. I just returned and I never considered this. I already started working on my Hesychast Legs (they are +2 now), and I already had Bhikku+1. Now I feel like I wasted gil that could have gone to use elsewhere. Oh well, live and learn I guess.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-16 15:56:23
Link | Citer | R

It could be years before that Bhikku get's a +3 lol, and relic legs will still be better for smite, unless they go full retard on empyrean when it drops.

Spharai are probably last in the rema rank, not great for DD. Super awesome for lowman tank/solo though
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-16 16:03:13
Link | Citer | R

I had that feeling.

If you pull hate a ton, they are good, if you dont then they are not?

(When not soloing)

For solo they seem great though. Need that capped counter attack.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-16 16:13:16
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't sink the time and money into em (200m) at least as it stands right now.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-16 16:14:17
Link | Citer | R

Fair enough. Who knows, maybe one day we will get that relic weapon overhall/relic WS fix.

I am pretty sure to this day, just about every relic WS has been terrible its entire life.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-10-16 16:20:51
Link | Citer | R

A good number of relic WSs were pretty good or even situationally the best back before we got WS inflation with Empyrean WSs, merit WSs, and then the WS revamp updates.
First Page 2 3 ... 280 281 282 ... 363 364 365