First Page 2 3 ... 279 280 281 ... 363 364 365
 Fairy.Khory
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Wyrmnax
By Fairy.Khory 2019-10-15 07:27:01
Link | Citer | R

@SimonSes

Yeah, Acc was capped. A bit below 1400 with sushi. Only thing that those numbers show is how one WS compare to the other. IE: I am still disappointed in Asuran, But VS -> RF -> HF seem like a nice progression as your tp goes from 1k to 3k. Although RF might still outdo HF if you have enough atk for HF's atk bonus to not matter.

The point that I was trying to make was that even with a gimped weapon and meh gear thrown together from what I had in the MH, it was still at a pretty decent place. Compared to before update, that the same kind of gear produced results that were disappoint at best.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-15 07:27:09
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
I’m happy that you’re enjoying it but it seems something is off in there.

He's comparing using a 203 skill Lv117 weapon to a 250 skill 119 weapon with 120% bonus to WSD.

Fairy.Khory said: »
Using basically a thrown toegether set made of adhemar, with sparks weapon

White damage is similar to my dual wield WAR.

Decimation was doing 18-21k normally
[+]
 Fairy.Khory
Serveur: Fairy
user: Wyrmnax
By Fairy.Khory 2019-10-15 07:49:44
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
I’m not sure what weapons you were using but H2H Damage works out to around 200~250 DMG with capped Skill depending on what weapon you’re using. Your individual hits should be a great deal stronger than anything you can dual wield because your fists are like Dual-Wielding Polearms or Great-Katakanas.

I’m happy that you’re enjoying it but it seems something is off in there.

Sparks weapon. Comparing with Dolechenus + Zantetsuken.

My Damage per hit was a bit lower - thats fully expected. Eminent Baghnas have 87 base D. Spharai has 182. Godhands is 197. At R0.

Eminent was close to Dol + Zen on damage /hit, so yeah, a decent weapon will surpass that easily.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-15 07:57:55
Link | Citer | R

The confusion came because you were comparing two very distinct jobs/scenarios, and it didn't make sense. the entire comparison has too many strange variables that it is hard to make sense of what you are trying to say. One example has a WAR with capped gear and noticable improvements to all of the stats including WS, the other is a thrown together set using a weak weapon with no such bonus to WS. It's hard to make sense of it all, is why people are confused.

If you were to just say "I was playing with MNK, its far better than it was", it would have made more sense. I get what you were ultimately alluding to, though. Just showing how damage has improved. People like Simon's head will explode if you start posting numbers out of excitement without context and clear testing.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-15 08:19:36
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
People like Simon's head will explode if you start posting numbers out of excitement without context and clear testing.

Nah I'm not that bad, I simply believe that numbers and WAR comparison in his post was totally unnecessary and I bet for many people even contradicted with how he feels about MNK after update.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-15 10:41:05
Link | Citer | R

So, playing around with MNK...

Using basically a thrown toegether set made of adhemar, with sparks weapon. So not a really great comparasion. But serves to give a baseline. I was farming pulse weapons, so having the behemoth as a target. Not attack capped, not super buffed, only trusts and a friendly geo that kept meva bubbles.

White damage is similar to my dual wield WAR. And my DW war has a fairly good DW set. So far, expected - that was always MNKs strong point. Less damage/hit, but more hits normally. AND I have to consider that I was using a sparks weapon, so trash....

WS wise... its weird. As a point of comparasion, Decimation was doing 18-21k normally. Peaks don't really count as that thing can spike hard (up to 46k once).

Asuran Fists feels really meh. Was doing somewhere between 4 and 8k. Probably closer to 7-8.

Victory smite I played only a bit. But seemed like 8-12k. Considering my poor set and weapon, I believe it wouldnt be impossible to get it to consistent 14k.

Raging Fists is meh at 1k tp. But once you get close to 2k, it overtakes VS and AF. Close to 2k tp, I was consistently doing 12-14k, with a few spikes. Again, considering the bad gear it is not shabby at all. If you have Godhands then it is likely to overtake VS from the get go because of the TP scaling. And it gets better the higher your tp, so all win.

Howling fist... Now, that thing is fun. Yeah, not consistent AT ALL, but since I was not capping atk, its atk bonus really showed. At around 2kTP it was doing almost 18k damage, with wild spikes. At 3kTP, damage climbed a bit to around 28ish, but again, wild spikes. Triple attack with transfer fTP and a decent chunk of fTP to begin with will make it easily get to 50ish.
However, I do not think my HF can get that much better. I mean, yeah, there is a lot of gear for it that I am missing, but the biggest issue holding my WSes seemed to be the lack of atk, and HF has a big bonus there, so it is actually much closer to the cap than anything else. Might be a decent WS to swap in some malignant gear, IF I HAD ANY
tl;dr

MNK is fun, and is back to being interesting again. Having different WS options for different TP levels also feel fairly interesting.

My MNk had not seen the light of day since before adoulin.... this is... refreshing, actually.

Get that 99,999 HF. You can do it! XD

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By HyperKTM 2019-10-15 12:39:02
Link | Citer | R

Could someone please post some tp, ranging fists,victory smite, shijin, howling fist asuran fists,dragon kick sets please and any other sets please
 Asura.Outlawbruce
Serveur: Asura
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-15 13:09:26
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Better to do T3s as THF for obvious reason.

Pretty sure TH doesnt affect pulse drops. We didnt have a thf and 2 pulse weapons dropped off one NM. #offtopic
By Mrgrim 2019-10-15 17:08:56
Link | Citer | R

Went to test Shijin's Spiral plague effect earlier in brenner. I still see 50tp/tic. I guess by potency of Shijin Spiral they probably meant more dmg dealt by it than higher plague effect lol.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-15 17:14:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
Pretty sure TH doesnt affect pulse drops. We didnt have a thf and 2 pulse weapons dropped off one NM. #offtopic

Pretty sure global warming doesn't effect New England. It was 50 degrees today.

(TH very clearly effects the likelihood of a second drop occuring, it most likely does not effect the chance of either drop being a pulse weapon, but it is still a pretty decent benefit.)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Nariont 2019-10-15 17:42:35
Link | Citer | R

Mrgrim said: »
Went to test Shijin's Spiral plague effect earlier in brenner. I still see 50tp/tic. I guess by potency of Shijin Spiral they probably meant more dmg dealt by it than higher plague effect lol.

Not to say the testing is wrong but typically brenner/pvp in general is spotty, if you can land it on one of the limules or whatever that transfer debuffs thad probably give a more accurate account of what the plague is
By Mrgrim 2019-10-15 17:46:08
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
Mrgrim said: »

Not to say the testing is wrong but typically brenner/pvp in general is spotty, if you can land it on one of the limules or whatever that transfer debuffs thad probably give a more accurate account of what the plague is
Thanks for the heads up, didn't know limules could xfer debuffs. Doesn't Mastop in Delve xfer Debuffs also?
By Nariont 2019-10-15 17:47:50
Link | Citer | R

it should, looking over the wiki, can give it a go, limules were just what i always saw as the suggested way to see just what debuff potencies were
By Mrgrim 2019-10-15 18:11:32
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
it should, looking over the wiki, can give it a go, limules were just what i always saw as the suggested way to see just what debuff potencies were

Just tested on mastop, 50tp/tic for shijin spiral.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-10-15 18:15:38
Link | Citer | R

hm, guess it was just the stats got increased, least i recall that the dex mod on shijin was higher now? Oh well, thanks for testing it again
By Spaitin 2019-10-15 22:25:33
Link | Citer | R

Newb h2h question. 100 da on h2h is 4 attacks per attack round right? Doesn't do anything weird with offhand hits?
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-15 22:43:43
Link | Citer | R

A question or three about kick attacks (standard proc).

Can it trigger along with double/triple/etc?

Is it outside of the multi attack priority order of attacks?

Does it allow for more than 8 hits in one attack round?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-15 22:57:17
Link | Citer | R

100% DA would be 2 lefts, 2 rights, nothing weird.

Kicks can always proc (unless you get 2 QA?)
XA can't proc on a kick (you can't kick more than once an attack round, normally)
I think if you hit 2 Quads you cannot kick, but no one has ever actually done that? Even though we're basically 100% sure it's never been verified?*
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-15 23:05:55
Link | Citer | R

Kick attacks are independent of Multi attack, but as still subject to the 8 hit cap, similar to daken with Ninja. Think of it as a "follow-up attack" added to the end of the round, the same stat on Raetic Weapons +1 and Su5 PathB. But its also independent of that too. You cannot double or triple kick, just like you can't throw 2-3 shurikens in one round. With 100% KA rate, you will always kick, so long as you don't hit the 8 strike cap. If you do happen to hit that cap, the kick simply won't occur.

Not sure which would take priority if you used Sagitta Path B with capped kick rate (Footwork) though.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-15 23:09:16
Link | Citer | R

Technically you can double kick, that's the effect of the empyrean set bonus. Adds a certain chance of a second kick to happen right after the first.
I mean I know you're aware of this, just wanted to make sure other people new to the job knew it as well °-°
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-15 23:14:41
Link | Citer | R

I should have been clearer when I said "double or triple" kick. I was speaking from a multi-attack perspective, as in, you can't "proc double attack or triple attack off of an ordinary kick". The empyrean set bonus is not ordinary "double attack", but it is an additional kick following up the first kick.

Thanks for pointing that out.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-15 23:16:34
Link | Citer | R

I hope one day they add the empy reforge +2/3.

If only because the empy legs are already +20 kick attack proc and have sTP lol.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-15 23:17:00
Link | Citer | R

I would think the followup attack would take priority over the kick, if you did a QA+TA. I don't think you could melee after a kick, but someone with sagitta would have to test that. The kick should be the last attack.

Emp legs+3 so good. and body is a gimme. automatic set bonus.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-15 23:19:11
Link | Citer | R

I would expect (hope?) the set bonus to go up too.

Something about having to wear all five pieces just for a 5% rate is awful lol.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-15 23:20:20
Link | Citer | R

It was 1~2% per piece, you can wear partial
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-15 23:21:17
Link | Citer | R

BG wiki has it listed at only 1% per piece.
Good to know XD

On a more serious note:
Relic Legs vs Empy Legs? (even as +3 vs +1)
By Aerix 2019-10-16 01:34:53
Link | Citer | R

Almost always Relic legs +3 > Empy legs +1, especially if you're getting Samurai Roll. The STP and +1 KA don't really compare to all the extra stats and Crit rate for your white damage. Plus Relic legs+3 let you cap SB with Adhemar head+1, Moonbow+1, Niqmaddu and Sherida.
First Page 2 3 ... 279 280 281 ... 363 364 365