iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 243 244 245 ... 363 364 365
 Asura.Topace
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-04-13 06:26:51
Link | Citer | R

Just finished Godhands now I can join REMA DD cp shouts...
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-04-13 06:28:50
Link | Citer | R

I still hoping monk isn’t done. Make guarding worth a ***. Turn Dodge into battaua or something. Only damn combat skill I know that at 700 skill it still doesn’t do ***(or that’s what it feels like anyways)
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-13 08:02:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Topace said: »
I still hoping monk isn’t done. Make guarding worth a ***. Turn Dodge into battaua or something. Only damn combat skill I know that at 700 skill it still doesn’t do ***(or that’s what it feels like anyways)

Monk is the best DD in the game for making fights easier with melee DD due to the amount of subtle blow and sb II it gets. H2h acc cap at 99% permanently recently was a MASSIVE buff as well. And i mean massive.

The only problem with monk is that run and all other DDs are total ***when using it because theyll just spam feed TP anyway. You need a nin tank ideally, or a pld.
By SimonSes 2019-04-13 08:22:37
Link | Citer | R

What are you talking about. RUN can easily go into high SB too. Its a matter of choice, not job. Also unless you have JSE path b for nin, you dont have access to any subtle blow II. RUN has niqmaddu and sherida.
By Boshi 2019-04-13 09:37:39
Link | Citer | R

You know what makes fights easier?
The mob dying faster.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-04-13 10:22:30
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Asura.Topace said: »

Monk is the best DD in the game for making fights easier with melee DD due to the amount of subtle blow and sb II it gets. H2h acc cap at 99% permanently recently was a MASSIVE buff as well. And i mean massive.

The only problem with monk is that run and all other DDs are total ***when using it because theyll just spam feed TP anyway. You need a nin tank ideally, or a pld.
? My goal isn’t to increase DPS more so make abilities worth a ***. I can think of any Situation where I would use dodge. If they turned it into something akin to battatua. Then tactical guard and dodge might be worth a ***. And not taking up a slot.
By SimonSes 2019-04-13 11:31:53
Link | Citer | R

Boshi said: »
You know what makes fights easier?
The mob dying faster.

And you think it dies slow with MNK? MNK is easily among top DDs with Impetus up and not losing much with Impetus down. Especially that in low man you can use more offensive buffs, because monk will still survive with its high hp, low tp feed and very high meva.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-13 12:40:15
Link | Citer | R

I farm UNMs and Zitah T3 bosses on all DD jobs, MNK is by far the quickest and least painful on trust mages. People underestimate how strong those melee attacks are (3-6k per round), the huge chunks of counter damage (negated) returned, and the decent WSD Monk puts out. I can easily kill Urmahlullu faster on MNK than any of my other DDs, due to Su3 magic evasion and low TP feed. I wish people would stop spreading that lie/rumor that MNK killing things is the old, fat and slow way.
[+]
By Staleyx 2019-04-13 13:17:07
Link | Citer | R

I farm UNMs and Zitah T3 bosses on all DD jobs, DRK is by far the quickest and least painful on trust mages. People underestimate how strong those melee attacks are (3-6k per round), the huge chunks of counter damage (negated) returned, and the decent WSD Monk puts out. I can easily kill Urmahlullu faster on DRK than any of my other DDs, due to Su3 magic evasion and low TP feed. I wish people would stop spreading that lie/rumor that DRK killing things is the old, fat and slow way.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-04-13 13:18:02
Link | Citer | R

Weak meme.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-13 13:19:35
Link | Citer | R

You forgot to edit the word MNK out. Fail
By Staleyx 2019-04-13 13:57:57
Link | Citer | R

I farm UNMs and Zitah T3 bosses on all DD jobs, DNC is by far the quickest and least painful on trust mages. People underestimate how strong those melee attacks are (3-6k per round), the huge chunks of counter damage (negated) returned, and the decent WSD Stripper puts out. I can easily kill Urmahlullu faster on WAR than any of my other DDs, due to Su3 magic evasion and low TP feed. I wish people would stop spreading that lie/rumor that PUP killing things is the old, fat and slow way.
By SimonSes 2019-04-13 14:06:22
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
People underestimate how strong those melee attacks are (3-6k per round)

Had 18k damage round today on apex pugil. Also tested dps on them with just melee attacks and it was around 6000 with impetus.
Only WAR can beat that with Ukonvasara, but WAR will feed tons of tp and has low meva.

All that with rank 5 Veret and moonbeam nodowa (i have + 2 neck but only rank 1 so im havent been using it yet)
[+]
By Staleyx 2019-04-13 14:18:00
Link | Citer | R

Stop hating on war
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-13 14:47:15
Link | Citer | R

18k attack rounds is insane
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2019-04-13 15:48:05
Link | Citer | R

I have both Nin and Mnk at 99. I'm a returning player and have been focusing on lving and gearing Geo, but I have found that I still use a melee job often in soloing content: working on obtaining the items to craft an incanter's torque for instance. Between Nin and Mnk which one would be better at this task? Ideally I would have Thf or Blu to use for this, but I'd rather work with the jobs I already have.
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-04-13 17:08:42
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said: »
I have both Nin and Mnk at 99. I'm a returning player and have been focusing on lving and gearing Geo, but I have found that I still use a melee job often in soloing content: working on obtaining the items to craft an incanter's torque for instance. Between Nin and Mnk which one would be better at this task? Ideally I would have Thf or Blu to use for this, but I'd rather work with the jobs I already have.
I would suggest NIN. It has high SB and shadows. Between those two nin really doesn’t die unless the mob is AoE heavy.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2019-04-13 18:18:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
they share an actual ton of gear so no reason not to use both.
That's true, but the game has taken great strides in making that matter less and less. Job points and relic/empy/af upgrades are a major speed bump for returning players.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-13 19:44:09
Link | Citer | R

I agree that they both share the same gear sets to an extent (adhemar(+1), Kendatsuba(+2), Herculean, rings/accessories). NIN IMO survives a little bit longer and can solo fights that Monk might struggle a bit with (like AA Heavenly fights). On the other hand, MNK does some amazing things by locking down an enemy's TP gain, effectively bringing their "danger meter" down significantly. Both are about equal in terms of roles they can accomplish, and don't think you would gain any real advantage picking one over the other, as they are both really buff dependent jobs.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2019-04-13 19:58:07
Link | Citer | R

If that's the case, let me ask a follow up question. Which one would you prefer as a DD once geared well? At some point I'll make the transition from using it to gear Geo to using it as a DD in a group.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-13 20:18:58
Link | Citer | R

Imho MNK is a better DD than NIN after the 99% acc patch. Problem is MNK still suffers a lot from global bias. Most people won't recognise that MNK is in a decent position as a dps atm and will just say lolmnk
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-13 20:20:42
Link | Citer | R

The question is effectively the same :3
I would pick NIN, only because most people don't see MNK as a tank for things like Ambu, and would prefer 7 shadows over anything. Without much effort, NIN dwarfs MNK for tanking due to Yonin and damage negation, something that MNK has trouble with when using counterstance. I've seen NIN requested over MNK before, despite having superior DPS on MNK.

Also, in stuff like Dynamis, Ninja is great due to being able to walk through practically every TP move that is physical, which helps out a ton for your healers. There's still a good bit of things that shadows works on, so you get mileage there.

NIN also has a much easier time 5-stepping than MNK, IMO. They also don't rely so heavily on timers to deal the brunt of their damage, though they do so with buffs anyways. I'd go with NIN just based on where it is in relation to MNK in the community meta
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2019-04-14 00:35:04
Link | Citer | R

Have to agree with Buukki, people know NIN is very hard to kill but they know precious little about MNK.

Go with the safer option.
By Chyula 2019-04-14 02:12:19
Link | Citer | R

So did they make mnk great again yet?
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-04-14 03:09:37
Link | Citer | R

Yes, actually. But job stigma is job stigma.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-04-14 05:38:06
Link | Citer | R

Chyula said: »
So did they make mnk great again yet?

I use it all the time, don't parse significantly lower than any of the DDs I play with regularly, and my mnk isn't perfect geared by a long shot. R15 Masas, shining ones, w/e. It's pretty great right now, brings a lot of survivability and neat things to your group (hi subtle blow for low manning content). Well worth bringing along.
By Taint 2019-04-14 07:04:46
Link | Citer | R

MNK also does a ton of white damage which is outside the epeem WS meta. Dropping 60k Torcleavers is different than 18k attack rounds visually on the log and unfortunately most of the player base is only interest in the big WS numbers.
By SimonSes 2019-04-14 08:23:43
Link | Citer | R

Taint! I think you made me realize the philosophy behind Boost update! It wasnt for DPS increase, but to let us make SS of big numbers and throw on socials to redeem MNK in ppl eyes. Wait let me prepare it...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 243 244 245 ... 363 364 365