Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-03-26 18:36:37
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
A will be more consistent damage, D will spike higher and averages higher over time on spreadsheet. Either one is fine though.

A will spike higher not D. I see people confusing this one often. +12 STR makes you base damage higher, so the spikes will be higher. What you can say is that spikes with path D will be more frequent.

Yes, that's what I meant. More frequent spikes from multiattack. Thanks for the clarification.

Also, been playing around with this one on a spreadsheet the past several minutes and while my first few examples favored path D, I'm actually getting A winning out more often now. All things considered, I think I'd change my recommendation to A since I tend to prefer the more consistent choice when things are close. Still, both of A/D are good WS pieces.
[+]
By CerberusFreaky 2019-03-27 00:17:58
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Kindly, gonna make A then...
Now If I could just get my hands on a Sune-Ate +1, I'll be Golden.
By eliroo 2019-03-28 09:40:17
Link | Citer | R

Does the 8 hit WS limit still apply? If so then if all hits of Asuran fists connect multi-attack doesn't do anything right?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-28 09:43:05
Link | Citer | R

Correct.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
Serveur: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-03-29 13:06:10
Link | Citer | R

While the STP is nice on the ambu weapon kinda wish it was like the pole arm but with crit damage instead
 Bismarck.Gippali
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2019-03-29 13:16:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Topace said: »
While the STP is nice on the ambu weapon kinda wish it was like the pole arm but with city damage instead

We talking SF feces damage or NY giant rat damage?
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-03-29 13:24:13
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Gippali said: »
Asura.Topace said: »
While the STP is nice on the ambu weapon kinda wish it was like the pole arm but with city damage instead

We talking SF feces damage or NY giant rat damage?
I didn’t even realize that autocorrect lol. I meant Crit Damage!
By fonewear 2019-04-01 10:58:05
Link | Citer | R

Is my monk elite current setup:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-04-01 12:25:28
Link | Citer | R

If we are at MNK epicness

Back in 2012 when I was having some fun with max HP :P

#AbysseaWasGreat #DrkFirstToBreak10kHpNOT

[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-04-01 14:39:36
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
If we are at MNK epicness

Back in 2012 when I was having some fun with max HP :P

#AbysseaWasGreat #DrkFirstToBreak10kHpNOT

Makes me sad they dropped the HP% from mnk relic on ilvl upgrade
[+]
 Asura.Pusheen
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-04-02 20:54:54
Link | Citer | R

Anyone pushing solid staff sets? Thanks
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-02 21:18:28
Link | Citer | R

So some just real quick numbers, kicks with Kendat+1 do like.... ~250 (literally no buffs)

Changing to Anchorite+3 will basically double that? Shukuyu get it up to like ~400

Never fully understood how the(any) shoes alter kick damage.
By SimonSes 2019-04-02 21:40:24
Link | Citer | R

It simply adds damage to your kicks, like h2h weapon adds damage to your punches.

Shukuyu additionally gives attack+15% on kicks during footwork if worn during footwork activation.

No idea how you got ~250 for standard kicks? Unless you mean actual damage in game?

Standard damage for kicks is h2h skill * 0.11 + 3, so for AG REMA users it's 709 * 0.11 + 3 = 80

So the damage will be like with club that has 80 DMG.

Anchorite +3 adds 120 base damage and neck+2 adds 20 and cape adds 25. If you have all that, your kicks will do damage like with 245 DMG club, so will basically reach the damage of your punches (your punches are weapon damage + 80, so for example R15 Veret is at 258)

During Footwork, your weapon damage is added to your kicks and gifts add another +20. So with R15 Veret and pieces above that would be 245 + 178 + 20 = 443, which would outdamage significantly your damage on punches. During Footwork Tornado and Dragon Kick also take that Kick damage for their calculation, which is why they are so strong during Footwork.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-02 21:46:09
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, actually kicking stuff does around 250 in kend+1 and 400 in shukuyu

Not using footwork, literally no buffs, just raw kick damage (totally uncapped attack too)
By SimonSes 2019-04-03 14:21:16
Link | Citer | R

Raw damage with capped attack and +2 neck would be on avg (not counting fSTR)

Cape+Neck: 522
Cape+Neck+Anchorite+3: 1024
Cape+Neck+Anchorite+3+Footwork+R15Veret: 1851

Now max critical hit with max impetus stacks, capped fSTR, r15 Veret and everything else ( because why not :D ): 3991
By CerberusFreaky 2019-04-09 12:24:15
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
I've been toying around with VS lately and have been getting some decent damage from it, all things considered. This is the set I'm working towards.

ItemSet 362248
Cape has STR+30 ACC/ATT+20 WSD+10%
Feet are on D Path (STR+12 ATT+25 CRIT RATE+4%)

Anything I'm missing I can use to upgrade?

So mimicking this set, should I use MNK Nodowa +2 instead of fotia?
And should I use Moonbow Belt +1 instead of Fotia?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-09 12:38:54
Link | Citer | R

There isn't a monk modified ability where Belt isn't the BIS for, besides Chakra. It should never leave your waist.

As for that set, I guess you're splitting hairs moving off of Ishvara. Could probably use Brutal Earring or Telos. If you're using Godhands though, can't you just use Moonshade, since you'll likely have a little overflow and it will bring you to 25% crit rate @2k tp. I'm asking, if someone wants to math/clarify.

Also, unless I'm completely wrong here, Bhikku Cyclas (during Impetus) poops all over Anchorite for Smite. The cumulative bonus from the augment should reach +50% crit damage, assuming the bonus augment matches the base cumulative bonus from Impetus alone. I hadn't seen any information to state otherwise, but it was my assumption that's how it behaves.

You would use the neck over fotia when you're attack capped for PDL increase.
By CerberusFreaky 2019-04-09 14:09:53
Link | Citer | R

I should have clarified I use Verethragna...
Impetus VS set:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/366081

NON-Imp VS set:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/366089
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-09 14:29:22
Link | Citer | R

Got it. That set looks pretty BIS all around, my only question to it would be the Chirich +1. But I still think the belt is irreplaceable in pretty much every Monk set.
By CerberusFreaky 2019-04-09 14:32:58
Link | Citer | R

just updated my ws sets in the last post.

Mache +1 and Chirich +1 are temp options while I get something better... and Master the job. @ 550 JP so far.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-09 14:56:06
Link | Citer | R

For non Impetus Smite, I'd swap Mummu hands for Adhemar Wristbands +1. You get 4% critical rate from set bonus which is close to Mummu's 6%, but a better spike damage addition with TA+4 vs DA+6. Also, according to Byrth's sets, Anchorite Cyclas +3 should be best non-impetus body.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-04-09 15:23:03
Link | Citer | R

So I'm trying to master MNK and it's been kinda painful.. Gear sets are close to Optimal, just without Reforged+3 AF/Relic.

Just finished God Hands, Howling Fist isn't bad but has terrible SC properties.

Does it get any better? Currently at 150 Job Points with HQ Kenda waiting for me. Also picked up an Moonlight Nodowa/Moonbeam Belt+1

I'm not seeing any worthwhile DD gifts such as Crit rate/crit dmg+/etc.. Martial Arts is only going to make my TP gain worse correct? Ewww...

I do have an Exalted Staff+1 laying around but the Retribution damage on DRG has been pretty bad.

MNK got kinda screwed over on Pulse Weapons. Kaja Knuckles Asuran Fists is still worse than Shijin.
By Nariont 2019-04-09 15:26:05
Link | Citer | R

think most of mnks specific gifts are counter/sb related, id say you peak at getting kende. h2h WS are just really pitiful in the mod/SC potential area. You can pump VS during impetus, tornado/dragon kick during fw and ride HF/RF when both are down.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-09 15:28:10
Link | Citer | R

I've heard Verethragna R15 Monk is a beast with Impetus up. It gets better but nothing outragously amazing like Shining One SAM/WAR/DRG or Caladbolg DRK.

Really your bread and butter is going to be your Abilities: Footwork, Berserk, Impetus, Focus. Even then, it's still not as close to other spike DDs, but it's a great solo job/low tp feed DD.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-09 15:31:06
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Kaja Knuckles Asuran Fists is still worse than Shijin.

Upgrade them, and then use it with Smite/Impetus. Asuran Fists is still hot garbage. Make a Cataclysm set for MNK for funs. Exalted loses to Kirin staff for it. Retribution is awful, not sure why you'd use staff for monk besides to get the magical ws or shell crusher (huge defense down bonus)
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-04-09 15:32:14
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Kaja Knuckles Asuran Fists is still worse than Shijin.

Upgrade them, and then use it with Smite/Impetus. Asuran Fists is still hot garbage. Make a Cataclysm set for MNK for funs. Exalted loses to Kirin staff for it. Retribution is awful, not sure why you'd use staff for monk besides to get the magical ws or shell crusher (huge defense down bonus)

Just for messing around. Nothing too serious, I'm kind of a pack rat when it comes to different weapon types.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-09 15:36:53
Link | Citer | R

You get more use out of staff for DRG when fighting undead, for the blunt bonus. Monk already rocks out heavy with H2H, so doesn't benefit from staff as much. H2h doesn's get a native magical WS or debuff ws, so staff is goof swap for Cataclysm/Shell Crusher. Try Shell Crusher to start out your fights, and then swap to h2h. With Trusts, Sylvie (Frailty, Fury), Koru (Dia3+), Qultada (Light Shot) and Shell Crusher, you'll have quite a bit of fun dealing damage on stuff, especially T3 zitah NMs. I use MNK mainly for Urmha farms, fun counters for 6k rounds.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-04-09 15:52:07
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You get more use out of staff for DRG when fighting undead, for the blunt bonus. Monk already rocks out heavy with H2H, so doesn't benefit from staff as much. H2h doesn's get a native magical WS or debuff ws, so staff is goof swap for Cataclysm/Shell Crusher. Try Shell Crusher to start out your fights, and then swap to h2h. With Trusts, Sylvie (Frailty, Fury), Koru (Dia3+), Qultada (Light Shot) and Shell Crusher, you'll have quite a bit of fun dealing damage on stuff, especially T3 zitah NMs. I use MNK mainly for Urmha farms, fun counters for 6k rounds.

Very nice.

Honestly it's a shame H2H's utility WS didn't really get any buffs. I wish Shoulder Tackle got the same treatment as leg sweep.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-09 16:01:40
Link | Citer | R

I wish One-Inch Punch didn't suck completely. If it scaled insanely with TP like Impulse Drive and carried the ignore defense trait, would be interesting.

Anyways, I'll give credit to Rua and his work in his videos. He's done a great job of showcasing the job in what it can do, and how strong it can be if properly supported.
First Page 2 3 ... 242 243 244 ... 363 364 365