Odin.Miniman
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Miniman
By Odin.Miniman 2021-04-15 15:16:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirris said: »
Odin.Miniman said: »
Between Farsha and Ukon, which is generally more useful for white damage fights? I'm starting to get into endgame stuff on WAR and I'm wondering which will give me more bang for my buck. I'll probably make both at some point but for now I'm just going to fund one. Also on the topic, would it be more useful to R15 an empy or Chango first given WAR's uses right now? Thanks in advance!

I'm biased because I have Farsha but any situation where you are the primary focus of the monster Farsha is an absolute beast! You get more Retaliation procs compared to Ukon and Mistral Axe is a good WS.

R15 Chango first, I guess. You can do fine with Ukon R15 first but Chango is still overall the better weapon.

Thanks! Was looking for some input from people with one or the other. I hadn't considered the retaliation thing, which is pretty cool. I've been liking 1h axe a lot since Doli so I'm glad to hear to good word of Farsha.
By SimonSes 2021-04-15 15:55:58
Link | Citer | R

Between Farsha and Ukon, which is generally more useful for white damage fights? I'm starting to get into endgame stuff on WAR and I'm wondering which will give me more bang for my buck. I'll probably make both at some point but for now I'm just going to fund one. Also on the topic, would it be more useful to R15 an empy or Chango first given WAR's uses right now? Thanks in advance!

I'm biased because I have Farsha but any situation where you are the primary focus of the monster Farsha is an absolute beast! You get more Retaliation procs compared to Ukon and Mistral Axe is a good WS.

R15 Chango first, I guess. You can do fine with Ukon R15 first but Chango is still overall the better weapon.

It completely depends if you have DNC with you. With Haste Samba from DNC, Farsha (Fencer) has both significantly higher DPS and higher white damage than Ukon (/sam with Hasso). Without Haste Samba Farsha has lower DPS and lower white damage. With haste samba from sub job Farsha is about even DPS, but lower white damage.
[+]
 Odin.Miniman
By Odin.Miniman 2021-04-15 16:13:46
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

It completely depends if you have DNC with you. With Haste Samba from DNC, Farsha (Fencer) has both significantly higher DPS and higher white damage than Ukon (/sam with Hasso). Without Haste Samba Farsha has lower DPS and lower white damage. With haste samba from sub job Farsha is about even DPS, but lower white damage.

Thanks, this is some good info to have. I think in that case I'd rather start with Farsha, I'm okay with breaking even DPS wise in the worst case scenario.
[+]
By eeternal 2021-04-16 11:04:42
Link | Citer | R

quick question, Upheavel set would relic head / af body / x2 Saka (hands, legs) / Sulv?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-16 12:30:25
Link | Citer | R

That's what I use(d) outside of Mighty Strikes. But have started using Nyame Flanchard at my current augment rank over Sakpata legs.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-04-16 12:56:43
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
That's what I use(d) outside of Mighty Strikes. But have started using Nyame Flanchard at my current augment rank over Sakpata legs.

At attack cap Nyame legs are far behind Sakpata even when Nyame is R20.
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-04-27 22:06:46
Link | Citer | R

Does the increase to double attack damage from the Sakpata Head and Relic Legs apply to Weapon Skills as well as auto attacks?
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-04-28 00:28:01
Link | Citer | R

just auto attacks
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-04-28 07:25:07
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
just auto attacks

Aww, that sucks. Ty tho.
By SimonSes 2021-04-28 07:42:54
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Senaki said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
just auto attacks

Aww, that sucks. Ty tho.

You shouldnt be surprised tho, its old attribute. If that would work for WS and WAR can stack 41%, it would be completely broken. Same as TA damage on THF too.
 Valefor.Grenseal
Serveur: Valefor
user: Grenseal
By Valefor.Grenseal 2021-05-02 22:41:18
Link | Citer | R

Quick question. Do the beastmen in Dynamis D have any resistance or vulnerabilities to different type of dmg like slashing, blunt, or piercing?
I notice significantly lower numbers in Bastok vs Sandy when I go with fencer Naegling.
 Carbuncle.Tace
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: tace
By Carbuncle.Tace 2021-05-02 23:12:04
Link | Citer | R

Just had this talk with guy tonight Bartok is only zone where eye color had no damage bonus just element resistance.
 Valefor.Grenseal
By Valefor.Grenseal 2021-05-02 23:50:51
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Tace said: »
Just had this talk with guy tonight Bartok is only zone where eye color had no damage bonus just element resistance.

Oh right, I remember now. Sandy has physical dmg bonus on green eyes.
 Asura.Aldolol
Serveur: Asura
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2021-05-04 07:11:31
Link | Citer | R

I see a new guide is in the works, but in the meantime can any kind soul post some sets to work on? Mainly TP, Hybrid, Main WS sets?

There's been a lot of back and forth in the last few pages about max DPS but ideally just need a starting point on what content I need to do to get a Warrior geared.
By Crossbones 2021-05-04 08:23:08
Link | Citer | R

If you have sakpata use that set. If you just have ambu gear use that til you get sakpata. Start building around decimation since it works with your normal tp gear, once you get more wsd gear / buffed with sakpata you can start using savage blade, upheaval etc.
 Shiva.Anoq
Serveur: Shiva
user: Lawson
By Shiva.Anoq 2021-05-04 09:42:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aldolol said: »
I see a new guide is in the works, but in the meantime can any kind soul post some sets to work on? Mainly TP, Hybrid, Main WS sets?

There's been a lot of back and forth in the last few pages about max DPS but ideally just need a starting point on what content I need to do to get a Warrior geared.

Sulevia's and Flamma to get you started and while you work on getting the AF/RELIC you need +3. Those two sets should carry you for at least TP/Hybrid till you can start fitting in better pieces. For WS pieces that's all over the place since WAR can use so many of them effectively. Figure out what weapon you will be using, what WS you use with that weapon as well as their modifiers, and then gear appropriately.

You have 4+ GREAT starting weapons from Ambu, and if you're serious you should try to obtain as many of the Ambu weapons as you can for the job. Dolci (axe) is a great starting point since you can essentially use your TP set to WS in for Decimation. The sword, polearm, and great axe are also amazing, but they will require more particular sets for WS. Those are the 4 best ambu weapons for Ambu imo, but if the weapon has WAR on it, then WAR can make good use of it.

WAR has a low floor but also a very high ceiling. If you put the work into gearing it properly it's a very powerful, useful, and fun job to play.
[+]
By Spaitin 2021-05-05 18:18:06
Link | Citer | R

alright, finished school and took a little bit of time to catch up on work. will start working on the guide again this weekend.
[+]
By Fcube 2021-05-08 23:44:17
Link | Citer | R

When attack capped, is using Sakpata set better than the usual WSD pieces for savage blade? Thanks.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-05-09 08:43:14
Link | Citer | R

Spaitin said: »
alright, finished school and took a little bit of time to catch up on work. will start working on the guide again this weekend.

hero
[+]
 Odin.Miniman
By Odin.Miniman 2021-05-12 01:22:45
Link | Citer | R

vim torque +1 is by far our best tp neck. use it, unless the 50 hp is killing you and/or the acc is a problem.

I know this is from a page back, but just to clarify, is it BiS in all TP sets regardless of rolls? I notice it's not on the TP sets a few pages back for when you have no COR rolls. Would you say it's worth using in all TP sets now regardless of rolls? I have vim on my hybrid and it's amazing, but I just wanted to hear some input before pulling the trigger.
By Spaitin 2021-05-12 09:27:36
Link | Citer | R

I have vim on my hybrid and it's amazing, but I just wanted to hear some input before pulling the trigger.
The only times I do not recommend using vim is when you have no rolls at all or for some reason the 50 hp a tic is causing death.
[+]
 Odin.Miniman
By Odin.Miniman 2021-05-12 12:00:48
Link | Citer | R

I have vim on my hybrid and it's amazing, but I just wanted to hear some input before pulling the trigger.
The only times I do not recommend using vim is when you have no rolls at all or for some reason the 50 hp a tic is causing death.

Thanks Spaitin, looking forward to the guide :)
By Spaitin 2021-05-12 18:33:59
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Spaitin, looking forward to the guide :)
It is coming along again. Started working on it a little bit each day. Just been busy with graduation and work. really tired me out.
[+]
By Meeeeeep 2021-05-13 10:11:00
Link | Citer | R

Just hit 99 on my WAR and looking to gear it.
I know there's a new guide in progress so for the time being could people advise me on what I should be aiming towards regarding a weapon skill set for GA WS? I intend to make a Chango and have Sakpata's set also.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-05-13 14:02:02
Link | Citer | R

Meeeeeep said: »
I know there's a new guide in progress so for the time being could people advise me on what I should be aiming towards regarding a weapon skill set for GA WS? I intend to make a Chango and have Sakpata's set also.

ItemSet 367495

I'm not sure if Sakpata replaced any of this, but this is what I've been using.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-05-13 14:03:55
Link | Citer | R

I probably wouldn't start with gearing around great axe. I don't know what content you run but, for Odyssey for example, I find I run mostly either Naegling and Savage Blade or Shining One and Impulse Drive. Start with Kaja Axe/Dolichenus and Decimation, and Resolution for inside of Escha/some Ambu months, since those two WS use the same set (and a lot of it is just plain old TP gear!). Great axe is more of a weapon for Dynamis-D these days.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-13 14:20:02
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
ItemSet 367495

I'm not sure if Sakpata replaced any of this, but this is what I've been using.

For Upheaval at attack cap 5/5 Sakpata's.
For uncapped attack Nyame B feet/legs/hands/body. Feet and Body being small gains, unless you self skillchain, then they are big gains. Nyame B head/feet and hands are also potentially good swaps for capped attack, if you close skillchain.
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2021-05-13 14:32:23
Link | Citer | R

Start with Kaja Axe/Dolichenus and Decimation

This. Just having Sakpata set (you said you have already) and using kaja axe will net you 30-40k ws in 6man buffed parties on basically everything.

Getting Kaja sword/Naegling afterwards while you build WSD gear.

War is very strong with just ambu weapons and minimal sets starting off and only gets better.
 Valefor.Grenseal
By Valefor.Grenseal 2021-05-13 14:57:51
Link | Citer | R

If you already have Sakpata, that's great! You can just 5/5 Sakpata for Upheaval... unless your buffs suck or something.

For sure get Chango, useful all around. Shining One is good and super easy to get. Then Naegling and you're pretty much set. Anything else will be for fun.
By Meeeeeep 2021-05-14 10:40:39
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the replies, I'll start working on Axe/Spear sets as a priority while working on GA too. I have a strong Savage Blade set due to maining COR, and picked up a Blurred Shield +1 also, so I think I should be good once I have the other weapons covered.

What should be my priority for making +3 AF since Omen is time gated?
First Page 2 3 ... 193 194 195 ... 224 225 226