Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2019-08-29 15:25:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Gesetz said: »
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
giant penis sign masquerading as advice

Epeen or not, isnt that actually a valid advice? Wouldnt BST be a better buff job than geo in dynamis? Wouldnt -33% def/attack beat Fury/Barrier? For me it looks like BST can replace GEO as buff/debuff job in party in dynamis, if that -33% def/att isnt gimped like geomancy.

Also you completely ignored DNC in his setup. I wouldnt call bringing DNC as something egoistic, if he actually doesnt forcing anyone to it. I wouldnt assume full box step lv 10 on every mob tho, but full -23% on NMs should be easy as it only takes 15sec.

So if you replace GEO with BST and bring DNC, then 33+20+13=66% should be possible on most wave 3 trash. That would still put those mobs at like 800 def tho? So you would still probably need Chaos roll on some jobs. Still concept of BST seems interesting.

Slot a DNC in one of the 4 DD slots that Saevel lists, nothing needs to drop for that. Saevel also lists BLU. Tenebral Crush for 20% def down or Tourbillion for 33% when MG isn't needed or during unbridled wisdom use.

BST may be an interesting idea, but the debuff doesn't add anything not already provided for by Saevel's setup.

We've had DNC's come before, their not as strong as the other high powered DD's but on farming they can do the DD's primary role well, which is to kill Champion mobs while the BLU's steam roll the trash. For Wave3 their extra defense down compliments their damage and is really useful, it's similar to how DRG's angon works well. BST on the other hand is an extremely poor choice, their own melee damage is pretty abysmal while not adding anything that cant be done by others who happen to do better damage.

BLU is a better dd than BST. That is the difference.

The debuff from blu spells, as far as I know, have their own m.acc check. Resisting the dmg from tenebral won't also resist the debuff, which is wind based.

BLU's tenebral is AoE and done as an incident of them clearing trash mobs in a farming run. If a BLU is a DD for a Wave3 clear (we've used them) then they probably won't be running Tenebral as it's dangerous and instead be using Sweeping Gouge ....but... if there is a SAM or WAR present those are in a far better position to apply defense down, and should be on Wave3 champion mobs.

The point I was making, which ole boy tried to BS his way through, was that attack isn't capped nearly as often as people like to pretend. If people had memories greater then two weeks, they might realize that I was the original person advocating for Fighters Roll whenever possible because it's epic when the situation merits, no so much for that it was does for TP gain but what it does for WS averages. People get caught up over MA in TP sets without realizing how much we remove from our WS sets, adding more from a buff is a great way to boost your WS average.

Of course we gotta be cognizant of the situation to use it in and like everything in FFXI it's situational.
[+]
 Asura.Gesetz
user: Cptjoe
By Asura.Gesetz 2019-08-29 15:40:33
Link | Citer | R

Spaitin said: »
What content are you using those for? tact is usually pretty meh on war. if you are using shining one misers will be worth a lot more. is this a dynamis build? If you are using chango..... why on earth would you want rogues? it would translate to like a 1%dmg increase. Hunters roll is pretty crap compared to other acc buffs and with r15 chango you really dont need to much acc. so i would deff drop that.

For chango i would strongly recommend something like sam/fighter/allie/monks

shining one with a 2 cor set up is pretty absurd with sam/fighter/rogue/miser.

hunter and tact are a basically nothing. rogues is only something if using shining one or kinda ukon/farsha white damage builds. Fighters roll would be a pretty nice improvement in TP rate and WS average. And similar white damage boosts.

Do you have other DD that are forcing you to use those oddball rolls? the only one that is doing anything is sams roll.

Let's at least make an attempt to get back on topic. Assuming a setup using bst and dnc favors chaos roll even more.
[+]
By Spaitin 2019-08-29 15:44:48
Link | Citer | R

What content are you using those for? tact is usually pretty meh on war. if you are using shining one misers will be worth a lot more. is this a dynamis build? If you are using chango..... why on earth would you want rogues? it would translate to like a 1%dmg increase. Hunters roll is pretty crap compared to other acc buffs and with r15 chango you really dont need to much acc. so i would deff drop that.

For chango i would strongly recommend something like sam/fighter/allie/monks

shining one with a 2 cor set up is pretty absurd with sam/fighter/rogue/miser.

hunter and tact are a basically nothing. rogues is only something if using shining one or kinda ukon/farsha white damage builds. Fighters roll would be a pretty nice improvement in TP rate and WS average. And similar white damage boosts.

Do you have other DD that are forcing you to use those oddball rolls? the only one that is doing anything is sams roll.

Let's at least make an attempt to get back on topic. Assuming a setup using bst and dnc favors chaos roll even more.
The bst aspect was not in regards to that persons response.

No on that second part because mobs are capping at around 520 defense with the 87%+ defense down. dnc and bst with buffs get well above 2k lol. War wouldnt even need outside buffs for part of it. on the 3k defense mobs you only need around 70% defense down to cap attack with buffs.

But yeah I stand by what I said. it be sam/fighters on majority of content. chaos is not "needed" on much anymore. But it does have it's niche use. The rare circumstance you dont have capped attack.

Not trying to seem rude or obtuse. I just dont see the use for it the majority of the time.
By ocean 2019-08-29 16:54:19
Link | Citer | R

Hmm. Bst as a debugger sounds very interesting. Can they be resisted? Do they have any magic def down debuffs?
[+]
By Nariont 2019-08-29 16:57:44
Link | Citer | R

pestilent plume from acuex and swooping frenzy from the bird i forget the name of off top of my head, both mdb-25, swooping is def-25%/mdb-25 actually. Both are conal though
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-08-29 18:59:30
Link | Citer | R

Not only is beastmaster's defense down more potent than GEO's in Dyna, but slug can take 10% of any NMs HP in one shot. That's a nice chunk and helps offset the lower personal DPS. And then there's the MDB down for your CORs and RNGs and nukers.

ocean said: »
Hmm. Bst as a debugger sounds very interesting. Can they be resisted? Do they have any magic def down debuffs?

It can be resisted but Corrosive Ooze/Purulent Ooze additional effects are quite accurate with gear.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-08-29 19:08:43
Link | Citer | R

now if only the summon timers werent so long/costed you a jug if you had to bounce between CB/BL for acuex/slug
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-29 19:10:11
Link | Citer | R

If only there was a way to have 2 bsts in an alliance
[+]
By Nariont 2019-08-29 19:12:06
Link | Citer | R

were already making massive sacrifices for 1 bst man, 2 would be absurd
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-29 22:26:17
Link | Citer | R

Just give BST access to call two pets at once. What kind of beast "master" can only command one species at a time????
[+]
By Spaitin 2019-08-30 09:11:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirris said: »
Not only is beastmaster's defense down more potent than GEO's in Dyna, but slug can take 10% of any NMs HP in one shot. That's a nice chunk and helps offset the lower personal DPS. And then there's the MDB down for your CORs and RNGs and nukers.
People forget about that. and bst is just as good of a cleaver as blue on the first 2 floors.
By ocean 2019-08-30 13:24:02
Link | Citer | R

Is this assuming there is no resist? Or are pets not resisted?
By aufish 2019-09-06 16:32:51
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
why? we can see from the result what it is.
base 140, 34 from gear and 15 from /sam = 208.6, floored to 208
for 1 TP to give two, he'd need 100 store tp from gear and sub, which he doesn't. so it's has to be floor((140 + proc) * store tp)) = 210

Where does the base tp of 140 for Labraunda come from?

Shouldn't it be 136?

61 + ((489 - 180) * 88 / 360)
61 + (309 * .244444)
61 + 75.5333

I'm trying to pick a path for Labraunda and this discrepancy is throwing off my models. Just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-09-06 17:15:24
Link | Citer | R

the weapon i was talking about was a delay of 504, not 489
 Fenrir.Sirlagieth
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Sirlag
By Fenrir.Sirlagieth 2019-09-08 19:04:57
Link | Citer | R

Hey all, does anyone have a MEVA equipset they wouldn't mind sharing?
By Spaitin 2019-09-11 14:52:39
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sirlagieth said: »
Hey all, does anyone have a MEVA equipset they wouldn't mind sharing?
the 5 main pieces are hard to get. Can switch around depending on what you are trying to fight. If you mix and match a little with the jueno volte gear you can get a bit higher on MEVA.
ItemSet 368526

with 25 DA or more from fighters roll you can hit 100 DA. Really good for stuff like schah and woc. Was able to get my first war kill on zerde recently using this set. But i then was able to do it using just a regular TP sets so IDK.
 Fenrir.Sirlagieth
user: Sirlag
By Fenrir.Sirlagieth 2019-09-11 15:43:07
Link | Citer | R

Thank you, appreciate it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-09-15 16:44:57
Link | Citer | R

This is being slightly discussed in another thread but what is the highest damage output to be expected from Fell Cleave?

The numbers Im running is putting it at just shy of 8k at capped pDIF and up to 11k with a TA proc?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-15 17:19:48
Link | Citer | R

On DRK, I can hit upwards of ~16k when I have a lot of attack. Are you counting WSDMG in your calulations?
[+]
By Spaitin 2019-09-15 19:01:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
On DRK, I can hit upwards of ~16k when I have a lot of attack. Are you counting WSDMG in your calulations?
I float around 16k+ as well. I actually get way better numbers out of cataclysm with xoanon lately. Use that for cleaving a lot.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-09-15 22:29:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »

Yup, adding WS Damage as well. There's probably something I'm mathing wrong. I haven't signed on in a couple months now but I distinctly remember it being very... Meh... Even with BiS gear on WAR. Set used was basically Savage Blade set, so high STR, As much WSD as possible and Double Fotia

The only offset I can say about DRK is the pDIF cap is higher but It probably shouldn't make that much of a difference. Thanks for answering.
 Asura.Weinberg
user: Weinberg
By Asura.Weinberg 2019-09-16 01:43:55
Link | Citer | R

On Goblin right outside Mhaura. This is just a single hit since the mob had such low hp.

I use my Catastrophe set (I realize this is the WAR thread but I don't use Fell Cleave when I WAR)

ItemSet 368581

WAR should be able to get a similar amount of WSD with Val augs/JSE gear, though it is definitely easier for DRK to achieve. (PDL trait + neck favors DRK though)
[+]
By Ashper 2019-09-19 20:43:19
Link | Citer | R

Would anyone mind sharing their Upheaval WS and TP sets? I'm a newer WAR, just trying to figure it all out. Not sure how up to date the guide is and it's missing a lot of info on chango sets.

Thanks!
 Asura.Korgull
user: Korgull
By Asura.Korgull 2019-09-19 23:45:02
Link | Citer | R

Just checked the sets for Upheaval and TP for chango and seem to be up to date. Missing updated hybrid and DT sets with Odin gear but it is discussed on the last page i believe.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-20 09:01:44
Link | Citer | R

I think these are accepted up-to-date at the moment

TP:

ItemSet 368315

HYBRID: (note belt does NOT have to be HQ)

ItemSet 360783

I would like some discussion around ear choices though..

UPHEAVAL:

ItemSet 367495
[+]
 Asura.Cladbolg
user: cladbolg
By Asura.Cladbolg 2019-09-20 13:35:09
Link | Citer | R

For that Upheavel set wouldn’t Replacing brutal earring for Ishvara earring and Niqmaddu ring for Epaminondas ring be better? If it makes a difference I do not have a Karieyh+1 just the regular Karieyh ring. Thanks
By Spaitin 2019-09-20 13:40:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cladbolg said: »
For that Upheavel set wouldn’t Replacing brutal earring for Ishvara earring and Niqmaddu ring for Epaminondas ring be better? If it makes a difference I do not have a Karieyh+1 just the regular Karieyh ring. Thanks
that new epa ring is pretty meh. . regular karieyh works just fine. if not niqmaddu is great
Everything i have seen as far as testing and theorycrafting has it behind niq and nq kari. that -10 STP is pretty bad. Brutal edges out ishvara. Ishvara is perfectly fine though.
 Asura.Cladbolg
user: cladbolg
By Asura.Cladbolg 2019-09-22 00:49:51
Link | Citer | R

that new epa ring is pretty meh. . regular karieyh works just fine. if not niqmaddu is great
Everything i have seen as far as testing and theorycrafting has it behind niq and nq kari. that -10 STP is pretty bad. Brutal edges out ishvara. Ishvara is perfectly fine though.

So if i already have the Epa ring would it be better off than Karieyh NQ? Epa + Niq vs. Kareiyh + Niq? Thank you
By SimonSes 2019-09-22 04:01:25
Link | Citer | R

Epa should be around the same as Karieyh NQ, unless it really messes up your xhit.

-10storeTP will result in maximum a 18.4 TP loss on WS. If you take that as TP overflow on WS it will give you at best 1.6% damage increase on first hit. 2%WSD more on Epa is around 1.25% increase on first hit, so in theory Kari would be slightly better. That was best case scenario for Kari tho (when you WS at 1000TP with 750TP bonus). When you add Warcry for example that 18.4 TP losses value and is reduced to like 1.12% increased damage on first hit, so Epa actually slightly win then.
First Page 2 3 ... 158 159 160 ... 224 225 226