The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 224 225 226
By BlaTheTaru 2018-05-19 20:18:03
Link | Citer | R

Whats the best blunt weapon for War currently? I have a loxotic mace lying around. Wanting to see if theres a better option before upgrading. Thanks in advance.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-05-19 20:24:35
Link | Citer | R

probably beryllium mace +1, pretty cheap to have crafted
By BlaTheTaru 2018-05-19 20:36:21
Link | Citer | R

I forgot about those. Thanks again.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-19 22:02:16
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I've not had great numbers using Raetic NQ. I just don't have enough MP and haven't seen a worthy justification for losing a bard song that gives acc or atk for the latent effect.

Maybe if you have a rdm I guess.

I currently use a Zulfiqar that has an augment of +28 DMG, +20 STR, +23 acc, +7 atk and its pretty beastly. Only way it could get better would be if it had gotten +DA or +STP on top of the other stuff. Mine has a Taupe augment, I think Fern/Pellucid can only go up to +15 STR.

Raetic is for when your inside Escha with Vorseals that raise your MP and give you Refresh to extend it's duration. Outside it's Montante +1.
user: Lilfrosty
By Asura.Krunchymuffin 2018-05-20 06:31:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Shiva.Afliction said: »
ty, rag because I spent yadda yadda yadda amount of gil on it and I don't really want to replace idm not being first on the parse, but I like my rag

Just letting you know it gets beat pretty easily on WS spam by a Weapon that's much easier to get. Rag's only good when you need a lot more accuracy.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Sarama

Same NM that drops a really good sword.
upheaval and reso if u wouldn't mind

Resolution

ItemSet 342760

Upheaval for 2K TP

ItemSet 350857

Still need a few upgrades on the Upheaval set cause Oseem can suck a ***.

What are the additional options if you can't afford HQ Argosy for Reso? NQ? Or something else?

Thank you!
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-05-20 06:35:36
Link | Citer | R

more Flamma +2 and/or Sulevia +2
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-05-20 09:28:26
Link | Citer | R

Has Agoge gear changed Monte+1 TP setup at all?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-20 12:53:17
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

Not that I can see but I haven't got the legs, yet. When I get the legs I'll mess around but it's not really changing anything. Small increase in melee damage, very small decrease in WS speed, big decrease in accuracy. If they had more DA or even some Store TP I could see them being used, but as of now maybe for a Ukon set since that focuses more on white damage.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-20 12:54:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Krunchymuffin said: »
What are the additional options if you can't afford HQ Argosy for Reso? NQ? Or something else?

Thank you!

As Kyte said, Flamma / Sulvia +2, Relic +3 Body, augmented Valorous gear, AF +3 Legs. HQ Argosy is by no means a necessary item now.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-05-20 12:58:55
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

Only piece(s) worth mentioning for TP are the Body and the Legs. Assuming you meet all of your Store TP Requirements.

So far I've had no luck with Dark Matter QA Augments.

After burning ferns, the best I've been able to get so far is DA+4 (Coulda swore 5 was cap?)

I'm thinking DA+2 and QA+2 would still beat Relic+3 but I'd say they are close.

DA+2/QA+2= Potentially +8 Extra Hits
While DA+7= +7 Extra Hits

QA Does have the benefit of basically giving you full TP when it procs after a weaponskill. (if you have a 4 hit with a COR using SAM Roll it's even nicer with tp overflow)

While with just double attack, you will have to wait for another attack round after it.

On the plus side the accuracy and attributes are guaranteed. You might get QA+2 on a DM Aug, but you might also get Blood Pact Damage and Magic Burst Damage with it lol..

If you already have a good DA or QA Valorous Body I wouldn't bother/make it a priority.

Legs I am a bit skeptical on at the moment. They seem amazing for white damage.

If anything came off as gibberish my apologies. It's a pain articulating my thoughts on a smart phone at times.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-05-20 14:33:03
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Skar... Yea the legs looked attractive. I have a DA5 acc26 att14 valorous mail.
By olson2189 2018-05-24 10:34:20
Link | Citer | R

olson2189 said: »
Would someone mind sharing their MS resolution (with augments) set?

Is anyone able to share their's? I guess I'm really just wondering is it ideal to have a different Reso set while under MS (i.e., with 5/5 Valorous crit gear) or if the standard HQ argosy wins even under MS.
By geigei 2018-05-24 11:01:05
Link | Citer | R

I still have my MS set (which is basically just valorous pieces over argosy/flama/plum) but i removed the rule.

I feel like i give up too much acc/str/multi for the extra cdmg, if you get super augs then by all means, cmdg+3 and 10acc isnt worth swaping in imo.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-05-25 11:55:22
Link | Citer | R

any updated tp sets for rag and chango? just trying to gauge where im at with my war gear and such

Updated for what and why Rag? Unless your underbuffed or status ailment crippled, use a Monte +1 or Raetic. Yes they are better then Rag for Reso spamming.

Here is my Chango set

ItemSet 350357

Here is my Monte +1 set, yes it ends up being the same as Chango because of similar delay and both having Store TP on them. In the case of Monte I'm actually running a few points over on Store TP but can't find a sensible way to drop them for more Multi-Attack.

ItemSet 353033

And if your still curious here is my Rag set,

ItemSet 342759

One of the really annoying things with Rag is the high Store TP you need to reach a 5-hit. It forces you to sacrifice a lot of Multi-Attack. Monte +1 not only has a higher delay, it also comes with Store TP +11 and TA +5. You can pile on as much Multi-Attack as you can find while still hitting a 5-hit, which a Corsair brings to a 4-hit which turns into a WS -> Attack Round -> WS spam fest.

Thanks for the direction Saevel, can you post your Raetic +1 TP set? Thanks in advance.
By olson2189 2018-05-25 14:25:43
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
I still have my MS set (which is basically just valorous pieces over argosy/flama/plum) but i removed the rule.

I feel like i give up too much acc/str/multi for the extra cdmg, if you get super augs then by all means, cmdg+3 and 10acc isnt worth swaping in imo.

That's what I was thinking; might not be better unless you get god-tier augments. Would be curious to hear from Sav on what he uses for MS Reso.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-05-25 15:09:33
Link | Citer | R

Yea, i'm OCD when it comes to oseem. If valorous with acc/att/crit is the way to go.... then i will do a very good set
By BlaTheTaru 2018-05-25 19:11:19
Link | Citer | R

Best axe for general purpose use? Cloud splitter mostly.
By Sidiov 2018-05-25 19:26:22
Link | Citer | R

BlaTheTaru said: »
Farsha
 Asura.Mavre
By Asura.Mavre 2018-05-25 19:39:59
Link | Citer | R

I picked up a Kumbhakarna from Alluvion Skirmish. Augmented it with DMG, MAB, and DA and have been very happy with it.
By BlaTheTaru 2018-05-25 20:20:12
Link | Citer | R

Sidiov said: »
Farsha
Maybe in a few weapons, but I doubt it.
By BlaTheTaru 2018-05-25 20:21:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Mavre said: »

I picked up a Kumbhakarna from Alluvion Skirmish. Augmented it with DMG, MAB, and DA and have been very happy with it.

Hmm, I can get this easily but I don't know if I want to commit to spending those stones.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-05-27 23:28:34
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »

Actually, I will say from my experiences in dealing with WAR as well as THF, Crit Damage is quite impressively effective. If you don't want to be bothered with keeping a MS set, I fully understand because Oseem can be... Oseem... lol BUT when your Acc needs are met, the difference in damage between a Normal and MS centered Setups are pretty big. Mind you, Mine isn't anything outlandish.

For Upheaval, I keep the same Sets I normally do except I swap to Empy Feet and Yetshila +1 (Kinda hard to MS focus this one because you need the WSD) And for Reso, Valor Pieces with Crit Augs and solid Acc/STR + Yetshila + Empy Feet.

Just saying, I wouldn't write it off

Lets just assume each hit of Resolution hits at a fixed 10,000 Damage per hit with MS up (This number is actually low with buffs but going with it anyway) and your Average Resolution rounds is 7. 10,000 x 7 = 70,000.

Now, lets say you have STR 12 Crit Damage +4% Acc/Atk 25 (not perfect but very good) on All your Val Pieces and use Head, Body, Hands, and Legs with Yetshila +1 and Boii Feet +1. With these Augments, your Resolution damage should more or less say the same as it would in Argosy except a slight hit to DA and STP. That's +33% Crit Damage pushing each hit to 13,300. 13,300 x 7 = 93,100.

HOWEVER, as I previously stated, 70,000 for MS Reso, depending on what your fighting and what buffs are available, might be low so there's a chance that when properly buffed you might be approaching Damage Cap either way. But if you're not in such a situation, a dedicated MS set is pretty good. At least for Resolution. It might be a little bit more complicated for Upheaval
 Odin.Willster
Serveur: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2018-05-28 10:42:39
Link | Citer | R

Alright, I suck with spreedsheets so I'll ask here.
What I usually tp in for chango in body/feet is val body with 34acc and stp8, feet artifact +3
I got quad +2 43acc/18att on val body and quad +2 18 acc/att on feet.
What would win (this is always assuming sam roll on)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By geigei 2018-06-04 05:56:04
Link | Citer | R

Probably because no stp, i'm making it anyway.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-04 06:58:48
Link | Citer | R

Fail reasoning is fail.

TP past 1K boosts your WS damage thus Store TP is never wasted with TP scaling WS's. 7 DA +3 Store TP will do more then just 7 DA alone will. The only thing the Relic +3 body is good for is an accuracy swap on a higher set.

Many noobs think they can get away with TPing in Argosy, eventually learn the error of their ways or get told to come GEO, BRD or SMN. Stuff is amazing for WS's, very bad idea for anything we would care about damage on.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 224 225 226