The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 48 49 50
 Asura.Karbuncle
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-04-12 08:00:38
Link | Citer | R

Avitap Pole is available on pretty much all Servers now from Peacekeeper Coalition.

30,000 Bayld IIRC, Avatar: increases Magic Accuracy, Magic Attack Bonus +10. Reives: Avatar MAB+30.

Good for Reives. The staff you heard about comes from Skirmish, and the NQ Stone gave it a total Avatar MAB+40... So i shudder to think what the HQ1/2 give... God i hope one of them gives INT+~30 and Haste/Acc/atk along with DMG bonus... okay im asking a lot but srsly If i could replace my Plenitas with a higher dmg staff I'd <3 it. Um

Orvail Cuffs have INT+15, Best Shattersoul hands now. Aife's Pumps, which i forgot about, have INT+12.

Outside of that, I didnt see much
 Shiva.Paulu
Serveur: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-04-14 11:30:14
Link | Citer | R

Updated the Shattersoul set and added the peacekeers reive staff. I'll wait on the staff from Skirmish yet until I see more data about it.
 Asura.Calinzt
user: Calinz
By Asura.Calinzt 2013-04-14 12:25:22
Link | Citer | R

Welp. There go my 3.5 years of grind and 600M gil worth @22k per alex.
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Serveur: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2013-04-14 12:27:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calinzt said: »

ohmygod.
By Areayea 2013-04-14 12:30:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calinzt said: »

doesnt' have afterglow >.>
Edit: not to mention the freedom of not worrying about perp
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-14 12:38:12
Link | Citer | R

But it does have an extra 10 Avatar MAB, which was Nirvana's major selling point. It's almost too bad that Nirvana has more Perp than this staff, because SE might lean on that as a reason to not buff Nirvana.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-14 12:49:56
Link | Citer | R

Don't you get perp-7 with magian staves anyway?
 Asura.Calinzt
By Asura.Calinzt 2013-04-14 12:51:56
Link | Citer | R

Areayea said: »
doesnt' have afterglow >.>
Edit: not to mention the freedom of not worrying about perp
You mean Aftermath. Which is impractical to use in any and all endgame events. Legion, Neo Limbus, Neo Salvage, Neo Nyzul, etc.

Perpetuation is easily capped with other gear, and inventory saver is not good enough a reason to shell out 600M and so much effort. I want my weapon to be top tier for what it "costs". But, it's not like it's just smn that has had it's toy taken away. Everyone else pretty much got rolfstomped ; ;

Expecting adjustments no sooner than the end of SoA in around 2 years. Alternatively, Evolith augments since they said they're changing that system.
By Areayea 2013-04-14 12:55:58
Link | Citer | R

I'm grasping at straws here ><, Devs need to turn that 40 into at least 60 if not 75; OR give us Enhances Blood pact damage and give it +10%, but SE really *** up a lot of R/E/Ms with a lot of these weapons... they HAVE TO FIX IT... 100k Bayld = INCREDIBLY LESS TIME/GIl then R/E/M.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-14 12:59:38
Link | Citer | R

Areayea said: »
I'm grasping at straws here ><, Devs need to turn that 40 into at least 60 if not 75; OR give us Enhances Blood pact damage and give it +10%, but SE really *** up a lot of R/E/Ms with a lot of these weapons... they HAVE TO FIX IT... 100k Bayld = INCREDIBLY LESS TIME/GIl then R/E/M.

These are from Skirmish, so it's actually collecting a head/leg/feet set and then getting lucky.
 Siren.Blackroses
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Blackroses 2013-04-14 13:10:34
Link | Citer | R

Hello fellow summoners, just a quick question. Does Perfect Defense overwrites Perfect Defense? Or does it have to wear off before you recast it? Thanks for your answer.
 Asura.Calinzt
By Asura.Calinzt 2013-04-14 13:13:54
Link | Citer | R

It has to wear off. It doesn't overwrite itself.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2013-04-14 13:40:11
Link | Citer | R

The new mab staff is pretty amazing but i'm still gonna work on Nirvana, something I just want for SMN. They might buff R/M/E by the time i'm finished anyway :3

Pretty sure the 8 perp of Nirvana allows an extra tic of refresh over magians using a 2/tic body+adhara gages perp build (Totally worth 300-600mil+Effort to do all stages I know.)
[+]
 Phoenix.Innina
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Innina 2013-04-14 13:55:47
Link | Citer | R

RIP Nirvana... for now :(
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-04-14 14:13:26
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Don't you get perp-7 with magian staves anyway?
You ever do avatar trials? The main reason I did Nirvana was so I never had to do another one again...
[+]
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2013-04-15 01:54:55
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Paulu said: »
Just a quick note in case you missed it, but you can add Orvail Pants to this set.
By Segaia 2013-04-16 02:19:06
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys,

I started Summoner a while ago and since it could interest other people as well:

For spirits the Casting Time formular is:
Casting Time = 48 + (max Summoning Skill - current Summoning Skill) / 3

If I would opt for the summoning-skill set in this guide the casting time without day or weather would be:
48 + (417 - 531) / 3 = 10 seconds

In healing/buffing mode this would be cut in half to 5 seconds which all in all sounds awesome for me on paper. So final question is: is this possible or is there a hard cap on the casting time of elementals?? Thanks in advance :)
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-04-24 12:42:17
Link | Citer | R

Updated the Shattersoul set

I was all excited hoping you saw my post on it but then i got all sads.

ItemSet 273149

I think on mobs stronger than DC/EM that this type of set might be best yeah? Adds a fair bit more STR, which is well and good for SMN since its rather STR Starved. Most if not all the pieces also share INT with the STR. Wanion, Nabu's (Which also has Dbl Atk), and Spiral Ring (5STR/INT).

I put way too much thought into a SMN Melee perspective sometimes :(

Also i want Aife's Pumps... Sooper-Dooper bad

Also i think this is a good Alternative Melee set to people without Nirvana (And can benefit from the 3% Haste plenitas has)

ItemSet 206905
 Siren.Kunimatsu
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2013-04-24 13:10:18
Link | Citer | R

Segaia said: »
Hey guys,

I started Summoner a while ago and since it could interest other people as well:

For spirits the Casting Time formular is:
Casting Time = 48 + (max Summoning Skill - current Summoning Skill) / 3

If I would opt for the summoning-skill set in this guide the casting time without day or weather would be:
48 + (417 - 531) / 3 = 10 seconds

In healing/buffing mode this would be cut in half to 5 seconds which all in all sounds awesome for me on paper. So final question is: is this possible or is there a hard cap on the casting time of elementals?? Thanks in advance :)

Did a quick test just now on lightsday with a mix of gear/skill combinations with/without relic legs and the results were rather inconsistent, even with me taking each buff off so Lightspirit would continuously buff me, there would be frequent large gaps in its recast time.

Minimum recast appeared to be around 13 seconds from previous cast firing off with 509 skill+nq relic legs (15 seconds without relic legs equipped), but there would be random points where it wouldn't cast for up to ~25 seconds.

My guess would be that Skill does lower the recast floor but doesn't guarantee that the AI will choose to (either that or the AI is just buggy.) Someone with a near perfect skill+ set and maybe relic +2 legs could give their times to see what the absolute minimum recast possible is.
[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-04-24 13:16:14
Link | Citer | R

I actually did update the set but I forgot to update it within the post. Also I wasn't sure between Nabu's and Orvail Robes. As for relying on weapon haste I tried to avoid it since there are so many options for weapons. (magian staves, new SoA staves, etc)
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-04-24 13:25:53
Link | Citer | R

I think Orvail's will win on weaker mobs, like EP Dynamis, or maybe even DC Dynamis, but for content above that (if you ever melee above that), Nabu's should win. 10STR+3Dbl Atk vs 8 INT.

And i agree on that, I just have Plenitas myself and its what i use, and its pretty common from Provenance (Compared to other prov drops >_>), so a lot of people have access to it, plus since i use it i already have the set i wanted mapped out for it :P

I think i said it in my first post but I'll say it again, f**king excellent guide, Thanks for all the effort put into it :)
[+]
 Shiva.Faey
user: Faey
By Shiva.Faey 2013-05-08 20:50:53
Link | Citer | R

Astralwatcher/balsam staff best staff for magic bp, followed by Yaskomo's pole full path B (Augments of Int/Mnd+10, Pet:MAB+15). Bokwus circlet now best in slot for magic bp as well.

Also, would Yaskomo's be best staff for smn shattersoul now? 150 based dmg plus the 10 int. Not sure if the extra atk, acc, and int on Plenitas out weighs the 52 difference in base damage.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-08 20:57:52
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone confirmed that the INT/MND is for the user rather than the pet?

If it is for the pet, Pole is the best BP stick in the game. If it is not, then Pole is still the best (with full augments) on any monster that resists at all.

Plenitas is still attractive, but I wouldn't bother with it anymore especially if you have a full Yaskomo's Pole. Whether or not it's "better" will depend on your current hit rate and Haste total.
 Shiva.Faey
user: Faey
By Shiva.Faey 2013-05-08 21:10:17
Link | Citer | R

I've got Pole to rank 6 so far, and yes the int/mnd is being applied to me.
 Bismarck.Xellan
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Xellan
By Bismarck.Xellan 2013-05-09 11:57:51
Link | Citer | R

Blood Pact Delay: When using blood pacts there is a 60 second timer before you may use another blood pact of that type. Blood Pact: Rage and Blood Pact: Ward both have separate timers. There is a hard cap of -15 seconds blood pact delay reduction. This means the lowest you can get your recast timer is 45 seconds. It is important to equip this set before the activation of any blood pact. Reducing this timer can be considered the equivalent of wearing haste gear on a melee job. It boosts the frequency of your actions improving your overall performance.

Is the implication here that summoners are currently under the impression that they can Blood Pact in precast gear for BP timer down, and then switch to midcast gear to maximize that Blood Pact's efficacy?

Either I haven't figured out how to successfully swap in precast gear for BP timer down before switching into Magical, Physical, or Skill gear for midcast, or it simply isn't possible. With all the playing around I've done, it appears that you can only have one set equipped for Blood Pacts, and the ability is immediate (like waltzes or any other job ability). You can precast gear, but you can't midcast. I'm not seeing anybody else talking about this.

It may have been true several years ago before they updated summoner that you could take full advantage of pre- and midcast gear, when blood pacts had a delay that corresponded with the animation, and you could still have your Blood Pact wasted if the mob moved out of range. It doesn't appear to be the case now, though.

If I have this completely wrong, could somebody educate me, please?
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-05-09 12:17:42
Link | Citer | R

You can equip the BP Delay minus gear BEFORE you active your job ability. While the avatar is Readying the blood pact you can then switch to gear that will boost atk, macc, etc.
 Bismarck.Xellan
user: Xellan
By Bismarck.Xellan 2013-05-09 12:40:56
Link | Citer | R

You can equip the BP Delay minus gear BEFORE you active your job ability. While the avatar is Readying the blood pact you can then switch to gear that will boost atk, macc, etc.

I've tried exactly that, and it hasn't worked. Are you employing a spellcast xml in order to accomplish this, or windower macros? I would love to see how you're doing this.
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2013-05-09 13:49:54
Link | Citer | R

Are these item sets up to date? And does anyone have a link to a good spellcast?
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-05-09 15:54:04
Link | Citer | R

I personally use spellcast but when I used to play on xbox I had something like...

[macro 1]
/equip head "Summoner's Horn"
/equip hands "Summoner's Bracers"
etc..
/pet "Thunderstorm" <t>

[macro 2]
/equip head "Bokwus Circlet"
/equip hands "Spurrina Gages"
etc...

[macro 3]
perp gear
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2013-05-09 16:07:19
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Xellan said: »

I've tried exactly that, and it hasn't worked. Are you employing a spellcast xml in order to accomplish this, or windower macros? I would love to see how you're doing this.
Equip Timer down gear
/wait 1
/ja blood pact
/wait 1
Equip DMG+ gear
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 48 49 50