The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50
 Fenrir.Ezrah
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Ezrah
By Fenrir.Ezrah 2015-04-08 11:06:28
Link | Citer | R

ok! thanks! yes it makes communication easy when we are both in the same room. A while back well before helios came out we attempted a SMN x3 on puppet in peril on Easy. it wiped the floor with us and hate was everywhere. Looking forward to some experimentation just wanted a little direction as to what to attempt. Thanks!
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2015-04-08 13:36:52
Link | Citer | R

So I was wondering if this set is the best for Flaming Crush?

ItemSet 334323

Keraunos - BP dmg +10, pet crit rate+ and pet mab +20
Helios Gear - BP dmg +7, mabd +30, crit rate+
Hangondes feet - pet mab +25

Is Nirvana better for Flaming Crush and does Helios feet beat out hagondes at all?
 Fenrir.Ezrah
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Ezrah
By Fenrir.Ezrah 2015-04-08 13:53:03
Link | Citer | R

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45010/best-flaming-crush-gearset/

Maybe this will help?
[+]
By honeycomb 2015-04-09 00:13:53
Link | Citer | R

Which one you think has better chance getting Blood pact dmg Dusk orb +2 or +1? Ive been trying but only get HP or MP plus no luck yet.
 Ragnarok.Garota
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-04-09 00:31:19
Link | Citer | R

I feel like +2 is just a placebo. The +1s have the potential from capping max stats, and the +2s can frequently get garbage stats. So save the money you'd spend on the +2s, buy more +1s.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-04-09 01:38:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
So given the stats down is related to SMN skill tiers, we can rule out the use of Pet: Macc?
I'd love more opinions and input on this.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-04-09 02:24:06
Link | Citer | R

So given the stats down is related to SMN skill tiers, we can rule out the use of Pet: Macc?
I'd love more opinions and input on this.

According to Papesse, it's fairly accurate as is, being able to land it on something like VD Gessho in an MAB set.

I would say to just gear it as you would any other nuke. If your nukes (or Impact) are having their damage resisted, then the debuff is probably going to start resisting as well, so in any situation you'd want magic accuracy on a nuke, you'd want magic accuracy on Impact.

Even then, Papesse says it gets a 3 minute duration even on a partial resist for 1/2 damage, so again, I wouldn't stress about magic accuracy for the debuff, especially if you're purposely using summoning skill to amplify the debuff (which is additional magic accuracy in itself).
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-09 02:38:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Crevox said: »
(which is additional magic accuracy in itself).
This is my opinion as well, the large amount of Summoning Magic skill put into the set for the debuff potency should be adding a considerable amount of MACC to the pact as well.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-04-09 02:46:42
Link | Citer | R

Atm I have it in my usual Magical damage BP set.
Was wondering if I should use my Magical accuracy BP set instead.
It's a set I use to stick debuff BP Wards, it's a mixture of SMN skill and pet Macc.

Papesse's test is a very small sample so it's not conclusive, but from it I'm getting the vibe that Macc isn't particularly useful, and its only role is that to reduce the chances of Resists on hit.
It does nothing to potency, because SMN skill does that, in tiers.

From the looks of things I think I'm going to create a set specifically for Imnpact, focusing on SMN skill and with a few BP damage/Pet Mab where I can.

Maybe I'm seeing things wrong, but from my perspective Impact is an utility spell, its main role is to debuff the enemy, so the main focus should be the potency of this debuff.
Also doing damage is very welcome, but it's like icing on the cake, not the main purpose.

Gotta love all this mental masturbation of mine. Not like I get chances to play SMN often (or at all :P) anyway lol.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-09 02:57:59
Link | Citer | R

I've added Impact to the same rule/gearset I use for Perfect defense, same as you I consider Impact a utility pact.
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2015-04-09 06:50:48
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Garota said: »
I feel like +2 is just a placebo. The +1s have the potential from capping max stats, and the +2s can frequently get garbage stats. So save the money you'd spend on the +2s, buy more +1s.

With regular NQ duskorbs I got +7 BP dmg on my helios hands and legs augmented. Not sure if thatll help or not lol
[+]
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-09 06:59:28
Link | Citer | R

All stones have the ability to give capped stats, it's all just random as heck.
The main difference between NQ, +1 and +2 is the minimum value you can get on the equipment.

In theory +2's should require less stones to get the desired augment, in reality however it just roulette.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
Serveur: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-09 08:24:24
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Alistrianna said: »
So I was wondering if this set is the best for Flaming Crush?

ItemSet 334323

Keraunos - BP dmg +10, pet crit rate+ and pet mab +20
Helios Gear - BP dmg +7, mabd +30, crit rate+
Hangondes feet - pet mab +25

Is Nirvana better for Flaming Crush and does Helios feet beat out hagondes at all?

I use Incarnation Sash now for the waist slot, but each to their own.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-04-09 09:11:47
Link | Citer | R

I'd totally use Incarnation myself.
Also aren't Helios Feet (BP Dmg, Pet Crit, Pet Mab) better than Hagondes+1, more often than not?
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-09 09:12:42
Link | Citer | R

I'd totally use Incarnation myself.
Also aren't Helios Feet (BP Dmg, Pet Crit, Pet Mab) better than Hagondes+1, more often than not?

It's what I use as well.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-09 09:23:21
Link | Citer | R

I'd debate the Keraunos vs. Nirvana as well, While Nirvana doesn't get the large MAB numbers on it the 30% extra Blood Pact Damage influences the entire blood pact and not just the magical part.

There's also the Avatar: level +2 to consider which also adds to the avatar's stats, attack and accuracy and if you manage to keep it up the aftermath which on top of the double/tripple attack gives your avatar a pretty significant accuracy and attack boost as well.

That said, all the +BP damage combined may also push Keraunos ahead. The numbers should be somewhere but I don't feel like doing the math.
I was never really good at that.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-04-09 09:34:26
Link | Citer | R

I think it's out of the question that Nirvana is better than even a perfectly augmented Keraunos D: (and good luck getting perfect augments on that, you might complete a Nirvana before! xD)
I kinda assumed Alistrianna meant for non-mythic SMNs, since she doesn't own a Nirvana.
 Ragnarok.Garota
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-04-09 12:01:19
Link | Citer | R

Like Avalon said, to each their own. Most frequently, I prefer to keep my Nirvana and Oneiros Grip on full time. I'll avoid swapping to Vox Grip, Kirin's Pole with Summoning Skill+12 or my Keraunos with Elemental Siphon+25. It helps when I happen to gain TP during many different events. It allows me to either use Myrkr to restore MP or get Aftermath for my Avatar. I feel comfortable playing with my Nirvana & Oneiros full time. Last year before I finally obtained my Nirvana, I was using a Keraunos with Perp-5 & Pet: MAB+16 and it was good enough for me. Now, it's an even better weapon now with the added BP+ augment.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-09 15:34:54
Link | Citer | R

Once I get Vana I will most likely add rules to my Gearswap to lock my weapons once I get a above a certain number of TP.
But for now I'm happy swapping my weapons. :)
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-09 15:48:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shiraiyuki said: »
Once I get Vana I will most likely add rules to my Gearswap to lock my weapons once I get a above a certain number of TP.
But for now I'm happy swapping my weapons. :)

How close are you to finishing your Nirvana?
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-09 16:28:01
Link | Citer | R

about 15 assaults, 15k Nyzul points and 16k Alex for which I am gathering a massive fortune atm.
(Donations welcome :3)
[+]
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2015-04-09 17:48:04
Link | Citer | R

I'd debate the Keraunos vs. Nirvana as well, While Nirvana doesn't get the large MAB numbers on it the 30% extra Blood Pact Damage influences the entire blood pact and not just the magical part.

There's also the Avatar: level +2 to consider which also adds to the avatar's stats, attack and accuracy and if you manage to keep it up the aftermath which on top of the double/tripple attack gives your avatar a pretty significant accuracy and attack boost as well.

That said, all the +BP damage combined may also push Keraunos ahead. The numbers should be somewhere but I don't feel like doing the math.
I was never really good at that.

isnt it 40%?
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-09 23:55:04
Link | Citer | R

Correct, but the Perfect Keraunos Augment is 10%.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-04-12 07:12:02
Link | Citer | R

When people site "Pet Mab" , which augment do they mean exactly?

Is it "Pet: Magic Accuracy" or "Pet: Magic Attack" ?

Especially referring to a "Flaming Crush set"
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-12 07:19:41
Link | Citer | R

Pet: Magic Attack Bonus.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-04-12 07:46:57
Link | Citer | R

Pet: Magic Attack Bonus.

Thank you Shira!
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2015-04-13 10:05:01
Link | Citer | R

i dont remember the exact equation for the FC calculation but wasnt it question of the magic dmg part getting double BP dmg effect? once for the magic part and once after for the whole BP dmg ?
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2015-04-15 10:50:57
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone know if the Refractive Crystal augments have a certain cap to the augments? I've been trying to get the +10 SMN skill and the most I ever have gotten is +5 augmented. Does +10 even exist? lulz
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-04-15 11:14:15
Link | Citer | R

It's been discussed for a while that the cap on SMN cape is actually +5 instead of the reported +10.
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50