Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » December 12, 2012 Version Update
December 12, 2012 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25
By Kieron 2012-12-12 17:15:17
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Javarr said: »
Anyone check the BLU spells that were broke to see if maybe those at least got fixed? (Trying to find a silver lining here...)

Nope. They're still broken.
 Leviathan.Hox
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Hox0401
By Leviathan.Hox 2012-12-12 17:19:32
Link | Citer | R

@ Mirvana

Thank you so very much. I was going through withdraws not being able to log in.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-12 17:25:06
Link | Citer | R

I can't help but feel underwhelmed by a majority of that armor
 Phoenix.Icemn
Serveur: Phoenix
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2012-12-12 17:38:06
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I can't help but feel underwhelmed by a majority of that armor

I found three that I liked a lot for COR at least lol, haven't really looked through it all though.
 Shiva.Paranoid
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Paranoid 2012-12-12 17:55:23
Link | Citer | R

can the orchestrion be synergized by someone else for me if i have materials or do i have to do it myself? its r/ex
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2012-12-12 17:57:10
Link | Citer | R

Status effect duration timers will now continue to progress even during cutscenes.

So is the brew/ability NPC freeze broken now as well?
 Odin.Rendra
Serveur: Odin
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2012-12-12 17:59:41
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Paranoid said: »
can the orchestrion be synergized by someone else for me if i have materials or do i have to do it myself? its r/ex

You can have someone else do it... but will need people with the required crafts in the party.
 Odin.Rendra
Serveur: Odin
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2012-12-12 18:01:43
Link | Citer | R

I might be late to the question and too lazy to find it to quote it but... Embrava is only nerfed in the new Salvage it seems... I had my SCH friend test it in Limbus earlier today and we were getting regain among the other benefits it normally gives.
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2012-12-12 18:03:30
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Smacksterr said: »
Status effect duration timers will now continue to progress even during cutscenes.

So is the brew/ability NPC freeze broken now as well?

Yes, there is no more locking up any status effects.

Odin.Rendra said: »
I might be late to the question and too lazy to find it to quote it but... Embrava is only nerfed in the new Salvage it seems... I had my SCH friend test it in Limbus earlier today and we were getting regain among the other benefits it normally gives.

The embrava changes only took place in new salvage. In every other zone its still working same as before.
 Carbuncle.Burkey
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-12-12 18:03:59
Link | Citer | R

pol crashes every time when booting up with windower? cant even get to the character selection screen
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-12-12 18:04:53
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Burkey said: »
pol crashes every time when booting up with windower? cant even get to the character selection screen

Recast is broken. Disable it, or get the updated version from the windower site.
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2012-12-12 18:09:56
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »
Quetzacoatl said: »
Morrigan's Robe +1 99 Body DEF:55 STR+12 INT+12 MND+12 Accuracy+13 "Magic Attack Bonus"+13 Adds "Refresh" effect Set: Enhances "Magic Atk. Bonus" effect
BLM / RDM / BLU / SCH

Quote:
Fea's Cuffs 99 Hands DEF:28 STR+7 DEX+7 "Magic Attack Bonus"+6 Blue magic skill +6 Haste+3%
BLM / RDM / BLU / SCH

Worthless.

Pls body has str/dex for blu spells. the 30k ah body +15 int/mnd beats it out or spells, and the +1 body from PW +15Mab beats this out in nukeing.

s for the hands, the +1 PW hands are +8 blu skill HQ +5 NQ. And theres better hear for the other stats.
Arch Diablos 4% haste 8 dex. af3+2 gloves +10 MaB

No they aren't.

For nuking, Morrigan's Robe +1 is far better than Auspex/Spurrina, because +3MAB isn't going to beat out +12 INT/MND for boosting damage.

As for the Fea's Cuffs, there are several areas where that'll shine over other options. Although Khepri Wristbands are better for +skill than others, Hexed -1's are hard to make and very expensive, so not exactly the most readily obtainable. For spells based on Dex, those will be superior for it.

In addition, depending on if it breaks a tier of skill for Blu, those hands might be superior to Empyrean +2 for nuking.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-12 18:15:19
Link | Citer | R

Skill tiers don't affect nukes, worthless; morrigan +1 cuffs are worthless too since +2 hands are superior for basically every one of our spells as they mostly carry a MND WSC, not worth inventory space. The Fae ones great physical spell hands for STR/DEX spells, in some situations maybe STR/VIT but I cba to run it. Odds are, not worth the inventory space for +1 blue magic skill. Body is good for nukes, SB, and Requiescat. Morrigan +1 feet somewhat better than +2 emp for nukes, but they're not a big increase, and will be inferior during BA.

Overall nothing very valuable for BLU. Just some extremely minor sidegrades and small increases on things that see limited use to begin with (GoH hi2u)
 Sylph.Arckain
Serveur: Sylph
user: Arck
By Sylph.Arckain 2012-12-12 18:17:28
Link | Citer | R

theres a new recast.dll download it and put into plugins will work fine again.
some others issue with other plugins also been noted on the forums at the windower website.
 Shiva.Vosslerr
By Shiva.Vosslerr 2012-12-12 18:25:02
Link | Citer | R

Updated recast and unloaded PS from init. Still crashing on launch for me :/
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-12-12 18:25:39
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Vlorsutes said: »
As for the Fea's Cuffs, there are several areas where that'll shine over other options. Although Khepri Wristbands are better for +skill than others, Hexed -1's are hard to make and very expensive, so not exactly the most readily obtainable. For spells based on Dex, those will be superior for it.
Khepri still wins for Amorphic Spikes due to the INT. That basically leaves what, Disseverment? Seeing as GR/VD aren't worth casting in the first place. Even then it wouldn't always be better and is highly marginal when it does win. Wouldn't blame someone for using them if they don't have Khepri though.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-12-12 18:49:04
Link | Citer | R

You shouldn't cheat, then.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-12 18:52:20
Link | Citer | R

So after reading over it and processing it all, it's sort of unfortunate. The update's certainly not the golden road that everyone was hoping for... in fact, for me, it's actually a deterrent. Not only is salvage gear mostly useless (so much of it is pointless in terms of increase over already available items, inventory constraints would cause severe problems too), but they've managed to break and intentionally/unintentionally nerf more things than they've fixed. It's impressive.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-12-12 18:53:00
Link | Citer | R

Skill tiers don't affect nukes, worthless; morrigan +1 cuffs are worthless too since +2 hands are superior for basically every one of our spells as they mostly carry a MND WSC, not worth inventory space. The Fae ones great physical spell hands for STR/DEX spells, in some situations maybe STR/VIT but I cba to run it. Odds are, not worth the inventory space for +1 blue magic skill. Body is good for nukes, SB, and Requiescat. Morrigan +1 feet somewhat better than +2 emp for nukes, but they're not a big increase, and will be inferior during BA.

Overall nothing very valuable for BLU. Just some extremely minor sidegrades and small increases on things that see limited use to begin with (GoH hi2u)

sad, I was hoping blu would get something, I expected the usu feet to make their return for sam, hardly a surprise there.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-12 18:58:59
Link | Citer | R

Oh they made their return, just not with any sort of fanfare. Most you'll get out of them is an additional 2~3% DA by being able to drop rose. minor upgrade. from the sounds of it the alex kinda sucks too..

it sort of puts a taper on my expectations for the expansion. each passing update lowers them more and more, however a glimmer of hope remains that all the immense fail going into these is simply a byproduct of the win being pumped into SoA

I expect nothing though. I want something that offers rewards for effort rather than luck, but that's like asking a goose to ***gold.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-12-12 19:02:27
Link | Citer | R

I dont even remember my sam set tbh.
 Lakshmi.Mahoro
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Mahoro577
By Lakshmi.Mahoro 2012-12-12 19:09:46
Link | Citer | R

So after reading over it and processing it all, it's sort of unfortunate. The update's certainly not the golden road that everyone was hoping for... in fact, for me, it's actually a deterrent. Not only is salvage gear mostly useless (so much of it is pointless in terms of increase over already available items, inventory constraints would cause severe problems too), but they've managed to break and intentionally/unintentionally nerf more things than they've fixed. It's impressive.

Seems from the other thread at least half of the jobs got some upgrade pieces, albeit minor ones. There will at least be a fair subset of players running the new Salvage. Reading testimonials, it seems drop rates are relatively high, so it makes sense there aren't game-changing pieces to rival NNI armor.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-12 19:12:38
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, only problem is I doubt it's going to be the thing to draw players back before SoA like some were expecting. Minor gear upgrades for some jobs in some slots is underwhelming when it could've been so much more; Salvage is a lot of people's favorite event. Good way to drum up hype.

Drop rates being high will be self-defeating in the end though. The people who bother with it will be done faster, and the already what seems to be average to poor alexandrite drops will not do much to change the alexandrite economy even with people doing it, let alone when people finish their armor and don't bother anymore.

SoA's gonna be the ace in the hole, the deciding factor for the future of the game. Salvage could've helped there, but it really won't. Hopefully they don't *** it up. I want a reason to play again.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2012-12-12 19:15:53
Link | Citer | R

[rant]But...the only people that hyped Neo-Salvage was the players. And even then it wasn't "hype" it was the hope that Matsui-Jesus would come out of the clouds and hit Salvage with the "Like it was 75" hammer and give you "meh,but the set bonus is awesome" gear and then you would have something to do for 5 minutes before you started complaining again.

It's your own damn faults. [/rant]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-12 19:16:47
Link | Citer | R

Yes it's totally inconceivable to expect them to add something of substance, worth playing the game for! You've opened my eyes to a whole new world.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2012-12-12 19:20:13
Link | Citer | R

Yes it's totally incomprehensible to expect them to add something of substance, worth playing the game for! You've opened my eyes to a whole new world.

youre welcome sir. Maybe i can open your eyes to the fact that you dont have to set expectations so high when you know that events with SE are hit and miss as rewards go. You know, like its been for 10 years.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-12 19:21:27
Link | Citer | R

Issue being they've been miss for months now.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-12-12 19:21:40
Link | Citer | R

I'd trade the entire salvage system for a working C-word.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-12 19:22:19
Link | Citer | R

R.I.P. atma of the red crab
By Avitori 2012-12-12 19:23:13
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »

You shouldn't cheat, then.

How is he cheating? It's a known issue, turn off recast plugin.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25