Would You Do This When You Quit?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Would you do this when you quit?
Would you do this when you quit?
First Page 2 3 4
 Carbuncle.Cianti
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-06-06 19:12:19
Link | Citer | R

Most people don't condone buying gil or buying accounts. However I know a few friends that have quit the game (for good) and have sold accounts to RMT websites. It seems to me that most people find this more acceptable.

This kinda activity to me is just as bad as gil buying. Just wondering what you all think.

Thanks
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-06 19:22:14
Link | Citer | R

Well, its bad, but if your quitting, whats better then geting money for it i suppose
[+]
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-06 19:26:01
Link | Citer | R

I prefer calling for help on something like Nidhogg.

I've thought about selling my stuff, too bad I never got a craft to 100...but whatever. It'll still be worth something. I'm too attached to the time I put into it to sell.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-06-06 19:26:29
Link | Citer | R

I'd prolly give all my stuff to my best friends online. I can see why people would do it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-06 19:28:04
Link | Citer | R

Hell yeah I would. What they gonna do ban me for it lol. Also buying/selling gil has a dramatic immediate negative effect on the economy. Selling an account not as much. Hell deleting your account as a high lvl crafter would probably do more then selling it.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-06-06 19:38:48
Link | Citer | R

And if you are quitting the game for good, will you honestly care if it hurts the economy or not? easy to see why ppl do it, I dont think I would though, I just dont like the idea of my character running around acting like a retard. (also i would probably get v v little for it :P)
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-06-06 19:40:04
Link | Citer | R

Dasva said:
Hell yeah I would. What they gonna do ban me for it lol. Also buying/selling gil has a dramatic immediate negative effect on the economy. Selling an account not as much. Hell deleting your account as a high lvl crafter would probably do more then selling it.

Contributing to the profits of these websits will have an effect on FFXI economy too.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-06 19:52:43
Link | Citer | R

I stopped playing actively like 2 months ago and gave it some thought, as both a matter to make sure I wouldn't come back and to recoup some costs, but ultimately decided it wasn't worth it. Using a method like that isn't a smart way to quit, and then I'd lose contact with all my friends and have to make some lame cover story. lol I keep it active and pop-in once in awhile to merit with friends and mess around, and now with FF14 coming along I plan to hang on to my elf boy in case I get some kind of cool memorabilia of him in 14. A mannequin resembling him would be awesome. lol
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-06-06 20:07:21
Link | Citer | R

I've given this a lot of thought myself. I'm personally tired of this game and ready for something new (FFXIV). FFXI is really lackluster and becoming even more so every time I hear anything about FFXIV.

I've put a lot of time into my char and really don't like the idea of just deleting it. I might just give the account away to a friend when I decide I'm done for good. Some of my items I'll give away, such as PCC/Osode/HQ Staves/etc. to friends that I think need/deserve them.

I have to admit getting some money back after so many monthly fees would be nice. It probably comes down to how much you can get for your character tbh. There is no way I'd sell it for like $100, but if I could get $1,000 or more that would be appealing (doubt I would get that much though really).
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-06 20:09:57
Link | Citer | R

If you can get a good amount for it.
Then yeah sell it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-06-06 20:14:35
Link | Citer | R

I heard someone with a relic can go for thousands of dollars. High craft skills and multiple 75s increases price too.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-06-06 20:23:29
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I hope to have at least 100 LC + subs at 60 and a Maat's Cap before I depart. Maybe I can get a reasonable amount if I opt that direction.

I wouldn't even think of it if SE made any incentives for current FFXI players to move to FFXIV. With what I have read though it doesn't seem like there will be anything though. /sad panda
 Remora.Rhinok
Serveur: Remora
user: Rhinok
By Remora.Rhinok 2009-06-06 20:24:21
Link | Citer | R

What if someone sold there account and used the money to help out a starving family somewhere in the 3rd world? If they managed to sell they're account for $5000 dollars or something along those lines.....?
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-06 20:28:41
Link | Citer | R

Rhinok said:
What if someone sold there account and used the money to help out a starving family somewhere in the 3rd world? If they managed to sell they're account for $5000 dollars or something along those lines.....?

I think they could make more money standing in front of the mall and asking donations.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-06-06 20:47:23
Link | Citer | R

Since nobody can see the char name, before they buy it from you...I'd transfer to another server, list all the stats honestly. Mark "World Transfer Available:89 Days" and re-name it "Imadouchebag" or. "Iboughtthischar" something like that. just for shits and giggles.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-06 21:00:20
Link | Citer | R

Cianti said:
Dasva said:

Contributing to the profits of these websits will have an effect on FFXI economy too.

That's reaching at best. Sure indirectly might it affect how much they decide to sell gil for assume you sell to a site that does both... maybe. Who says I would sell to Rmts... hell I'm pretty sure you can find accounts on ebay
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-06-06 21:29:16
Link | Citer | R

I just looked on Ebay.. A char with 5 75 jobs and 100WW was only going for $100 (asking prices was $160.. person seemed desperate to sell though).

I did a quote for my char on one of the link ads I saw on this page lol. Currently my char was quoted for $638. :< With Maat's Cap and 100LC+60 subs it was only $690. Not sure if that is worth it really...

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-06-06 22:06:27
Link | Citer | R

Bartimaeus said:
FFXI is about accomplishment. The tiring attempts to gain things, I just don't get why people would outright BUY a char...

I know it happens, and people have their reasons.. but it even having a market is beyond me.

That like asking why people would cheat on an exam.
 Fenrir.Rrylia
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Devinry
By Fenrir.Rrylia 2009-06-06 22:16:42
Link | Citer | R

Personally, no. For the amount I'd get back vs. how I'd feel if I wanted the character back... just doesn't seem worthwhile. Its probably the best way to make sure you've quit if you have promised your wife / gf / live-in-lover though.

Ultimately though, I don't find the cost of playing so bad that I feel I need to "recoup" it - I mean, its not like I didn't enjoy playing, or I wouldn't have done it :O
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-06 22:38:56
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Money is tight these days, but in all honesty the hundreds of hours i've poured into the game having fun and making friends is priceless. Unless it was an opportunity to scam RMT like selling the account and getting the check cashed out shortly prior to SE shutting down the servers permanately, then it'd be awesome.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-06-07 01:12:05
Link | Citer | R

Rhinok said:

RMT are the one's starving. Haven't you watched the videos of "I play video games to RMT so I can buy rice..."
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-07 01:17:15
Link | Citer | R

Bartimaeus said:
FFXI is about accomplishment. The tiring attempts to gain things, I just don't get why people would outright BUY a char...

I know it happens, and people have their reasons.. but it even having a market is beyond me.

Dual boxing?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-06-07 01:51:12
Link | Citer | R

If I was going to quit, and I knew I would never come back to this game ever again....

...I would sell my account, and then tell the STF my account info and say it was stolen. That way, I would get my money for my account, and get that character deleted, and get STF on some RMT's ***. Triple bonus for me :D
[+]
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-06-07 02:40:57
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:
If I was going to quit, and I knew I would never come back to this game ever again....

...I would sell my account, and then tell the STF my account info and say it was stolen. That way, I would get my money for my account, and get that character deleted, and get STF on some RMT's ***. Triple bonus for me :D

Brilliant! *scribbles that down for Plan K-92*
 Remora.Pyp
Serveur: Remora
user: pyp
By Remora.Pyp 2009-06-07 02:41:18
Link | Citer | R

Selling your account to RMT's is the same if not worse than any gil-buyer that has basically paid $400.00+ USD to buy his relic upgrades and to have Apathy mercenary their shenlong's h2h... This is how these rmt's, who generally suck at game tactics, get the means to farm gil and once monopolized nm's 24/7/365. It's not as bad as it was in 2003, but if I ever met somebody who sold a goldsmithing account to RMT's on the street, I would asuran fist them in the balls...
 Bahamut.Delrosa
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Delrosa
By Bahamut.Delrosa 2009-06-07 04:35:19
Link | Citer | R

Had this discussion with my friend actually. Here is what we decided. Yes go sell your account to a RMT website. Collect the cash then report to a GM, through a friends char, that you sold your account. That way you get some cash, and the account just gets banned for RMTing. With luck the RMT will have stripped it and they will have another char to trace it to and ban. Yes I know its evil but lets face it if youre stupid enough to RMT you deserve it.
 Cerberus.Savannah
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-06-07 05:53:18
Link | Citer | R

I would rather give my account to a friend...
First Page 2 3 4