Would You Do This When You Quit?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Would you do this when you quit?
Would you do this when you quit?
 Remora.Pyp
Serveur: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: pyp
By Remora.Pyp 2009-06-07 05:55:10
Link | Citer | R

Can I be your friend Savannah?
 Valefor.Schoolarnia
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Schoolarnia 2009-06-07 06:08:14
Link | Citer | R

sell my account never! its my time put in and money dont mean sht.gil and items to friends>>>delete all rare/ex :{cry .i would hate to know that someone is running around valefor with my character(or theirs as it would be!) with my friends still online seeing me steal mobs from them while they trying to xp.mayb i just have a bigger hate for rmt since i was hacked and then got HACKED! as SE tried to sort it out.i quit i was that p****d.characters ended up on pandemonium and no offense to anyone on that server or any other for that matter but the character was born on valefor and will die on valefor.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-07 07:18:10
Link | Citer | R

Savannah said:
I would rather give my account to a friend...

And my friend give me some cash. :o

Personally I'd just give my stuff away and just delete. I personally cannot get attached to an online character...I can delete Haseyo in a heartbeat. It's just a pixel.
 Pandemonium.Melaise
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Melly
By Pandemonium.Melaise 2009-06-07 07:19:11
Link | Citer | R

Totally depends. When and if I decide I'm going to quit, if my Mom still plays, I'll move my char back to my old server and give her all my stuff and my account. I've got atleast 10mil worth of gear and both our mains are WHM so she would really benefit from my stuff. If she's not, depends if anyone I'm close to still plays. If so, I'll hand out my gear as I deem fit/delete my char, otherwise yeah I'd prolly sell my account.
 Cerberus.Savannah
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-06-07 07:20:26
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:
Savannah said:

Personally I'd just give my stuff away and just delete. I personally cannot get attached to an online character...I can delete Haseyo in a heartbeat. It's just a pixel.

>.> if none of my friends wanted her i'd delete her...as much as i <3 her...
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-07 07:25:21
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:
Savannah said:

It's because you're a rock head taru. Seriously though, it's more about the time invested into it than the actual character...for me anyway. It's like saying "I did this for X amount of days. What was it really worth?"
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-06-07 07:26:53
Link | Citer | R

The correct answer is sell your account and use SE's account recovery if you ever decide to come back.
 Unicorn.Sedres
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2009-06-07 07:46:50
Link | Citer | R

People don't like RMT activites when it's affecting their game. When people are quitting, to the extent they're selling their account so they can never come back, I can't see it bothered them too much anymore.
 Leviathan.Puzzels
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Puzzels
By Leviathan.Puzzels 2009-06-07 08:22:55
Link | Citer | R

I just "quit" this game. turned off my content ID for the first time in 6-7 years. (god has it been that long???). I really enjoyed playing this game, I do regret putting so much time into it, but I did have fun. It's my character though, and i wouldnt want anyone else to ever play it, so i would never sell it (unless someone offered me like 2K for it lol - but i never got COP completed...so i doubt anyone would even want it)

anyway, i must confess...this thread re-visits my pet peeve!!

People are still complaining about RMT?

this is going to sound harsh and troll-like..but get over it LOL

Anyone that complains about RMT...read through this tread again. When i read things like "id sell my account, then report it stolen...blah blah" or "id sell my account, then change the name to imadouche...blah blah blah"

its attitudes like that which ruin the game for more people then RMT.

oh, and lets not forget the "duping" incident...the best attitude to emerge from that: "hey, if SE knew this was a problem, they should have fixed it!!! cant blame people for taking advantage of it"

you can blame RMT...but in the end, greed and selfishness is human nature for some, and most likely its your LS mate or "friend" or party mate that will cause more trouble for you then a RMT
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyri
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-06-09 22:45:48
Link | Citer | R

1. Cia I know you dont get alot of time to play anymore but please dont quit on me, this game wouldnt be the same w/o my sista, my sidekick, my bestest friend in ffxi.

there now that thats off my chest I couldnt sell kyri to rmt, if I had to quit, id give her to someone who was very special to me in the game.

I know alot of people whove been burned or lost chars to the most f-up situations that make me seriously loose faith in SE and POL.
I know someone very close to me who was hacked but cant get his acc back because he had se freeze the acc b4 damage was done. They wont give him it back because even though he knows every SPECK of info about the char, cards, ect, he doesnt have the original little booklet with the reg code.
Im sorry some people play for years move, fires, hurricanes, or change to a different console dont have that stupid book.

w/e the case may be, some people loose their acc to things that would make you or I cry. They try to start again, and some make it. Sadly the majority of these players are so lost on the work and levels they need to redo to go again, and cant find the drive anymore. If you wanna quit, think about these people. our old friends we miss so much. Maybe though your days in Vana are done, you could renue them for someone else.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-09 23:09:07
Link | Citer | R

whole thread is tl;dr, but as much as I hate RMT in all it's forms, I'd switch servers, change my characters name and sell it if I thought it was actually worth something. Since I doubt it is, I'd give lot's of presents away and give the account to a friend.
 Fairy.Ryogo
Serveur: Fairy
user: Ryogo
By Fairy.Ryogo 2009-06-10 00:20:27
Link | Citer | R

When you die in real life, you die in the game.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-10 00:23:06
Link | Citer | R

Ryogo said:
When you die in real life, you die in the game.

you have any proof to back that up?
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-06-10 09:01:45
Link | Citer | R

I'd personally sell it all >.> I have about 85m or so in gil if I sell my items, including my 70 bynes, that'd be a ton of moneys.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-06-10 09:12:03
Link | Citer | R

Dajociont said:
I'd personally sell it all >.> I have about 85m or so in gil if I sell my items, including my 70 bynes, that'd be a ton of moneys.

/em haxx Daj for his gilz!
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-06-10 09:14:51
Link | Citer | R

Excesspain said:
Dajociont said:

/em haxx Daj for his gilz!

; ; already been haxed before don't say that /cry
 Seraph.Rosskatz
Serveur: Seraph
user: Rosskatz
By Seraph.Rosskatz 2009-06-10 10:09:06
Link | Citer | R

I couldn't ever do it. Just thinking about my character walking around with a bunch of 75 Jobs getting a party and asking "Now how do I get to bird camp?" When I quit all my stuff goes to friends and the Char to someone I know or to deletion.
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-06-10 10:14:47
Link | Citer | R

Rosskatz said:
I couldn't ever do it. Just thinking about my character walking around with a bunch of 75 Jobs getting a party and asking "Now how do I get to bird camp?" When I quit all my stuff goes to friends and the Char to someone I know or to deletion.

Yeah I had the same thought but...opinions of your character don't matter if you don't witness them.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-06-10 17:05:04
Link | Citer | R

Kyri said:
1. Cia I know you dont get alot of time to play anymore but please dont quit on me, this game wouldnt be the same w/o my sista, my sidekick, my bestest friend in ffxi.

there now that thats off my chest I couldnt sell kyri to rmt, if I had to quit, id give her to someone who was very special to me in the game.

I know alot of people whove been burned or lost chars to the most f-up situations that make me seriously loose faith in SE and POL.
I know someone very close to me who was hacked but cant get his acc back because he had se freeze the acc b4 damage was done. They wont give him it back because even though he knows every SPECK of info about the char, cards, ect, he doesnt have the original little booklet with the reg code.
Im sorry some people play for years move, fires, hurricanes, or change to a different console dont have that stupid book.

w/e the case may be, some people loose their acc to things that would make you or I cry. They try to start again, and some make it. Sadly the majority of these players are so lost on the work and levels they need to redo to go again, and cant find the drive anymore. If you wanna quit, think about these people. our old friends we miss so much. Maybe though your days in Vana are done, you could renue them for someone else.

I've had people offering to buy my account due to this thread haha.. nah when I quit I will never sell my account to rmt. the thought of some guy using it for rmt activities makes me sick.

Corina is gone and if you go too I might consider quitting.. 5 years is a long time but I can't play this forever.. my priorities in life are changing :)
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-10 17:07:56
Link | Citer | R

My acct ain't worth a whole lot (I'm not rich nor very accomplished) but even if it was, I wouldn't sell it. I would give it to a friend, if they wanted it, but more likely I would sell off everything I own, consolidate my gil, and give it away to LS members...
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-06-10 17:15:40
Link | Citer | R

I have a FFXI will ... I bequeath "Kyudogi" to ..... Kyri lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-06-10 18:13:08
Link | Citer | R

I'm curious about the handful of posters who have frequently decried all RMT activity as immoral cheating, and a harm to the game in other threads... but here, indicate they would consider selling their account if they were to quit.

How does one internally rationalize those conflicting statements? Sheer self-interest?

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-06-10 22:55:09
Link | Citer | R

I think its seems to be more widely accepted, that when you quit for good its ok to sell your account for money.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-10 23:42:04
Link | Citer | R

I think a lot of those people that decry RMT, if they saw gil for cheap enough, they would buy it. Hell, I know people in my LS that would never buy gil, that were actually considering buying, back when it was like 50 bucks for 50 million or whatever at the height of inflation...

Everyone has a price. Well, most everyone. I wouldn't ever buy gil, but TBH, it's more because I just don't trust those companies AT ALL.
 Diabolos.Cyr
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Cyr
By Diabolos.Cyr 2009-06-10 23:50:16
Link | Citer | R

I would. I could probably get several grand for my character. Better than letting it rot.

All I know, is if anyone is planning on selling, they better do it before ff14 comes out. Prices gonna crash.