First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 76 77 78
 Phoenix.Urteil
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-09 22:18:04
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Timelesstaru said: »
Lol why r ppl talking when they haven't Ballista or done it in yrs.. Real iggaz still Ballista. Like unclegreen would say if he was still here come to Laki and get plowed w.

Bullying people really isn't my style but there comes a point where the conduct of another is so grossly unjustified and out of place something must be done.

If you come to my server I'll triple the reward for you. Upbeat will live-stream it.

Come get a third of your mythic.

Also after your four "contributions" I think it is time you bowed out of the thread forum internet.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2012-10-09 22:30:30
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Timelesstaru said: »
Lol why r ppl talking when they haven't Ballista or done it in yrs.. Real iggaz still Ballista. Like unclegreen would say if he was still here come to Laki and get plowed w.

Please don't actually be a taru.
[+]
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Serveur: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-10-09 22:33:39
Link | Citer | R

The only thing that could make me laugh harder than I currently am, is if Timelesstaru just pulled off one of the best hustles of all time, and swiftly proceeds to collect his 90M reward.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-09 22:56:10
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »
The only thing that could make me laugh harder than I currently am, is if Timelesstaru just pulled off one of the best hustles of all time, and swiftly proceeds to collect his 90M reward.

I'd shake his hand.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kaiseredge
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kaiseredge 2012-10-09 23:39:30
Link | Citer | R

I will ballista you any time you want for no prize. All this 1v1 stuff makes me sad, I know a few people on bismarck that no matter what job you go will rock you 1v1, cor/sam especially. I am one of the people to beat on bismarck, but I prefer actual matches 1v1 one does not mean you are the best at ballista but I guess it can help boost your confidence take my criticism however you want but I am sure if you go to bismarck and shout a lot of the old ballista crew would like to take your gil. Bring a team and balista and I'd gladly pull some of my friends together for a real match where "Team effort" takes over the 1v1 mind set.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-09 23:40:48
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Kaiseredge said: »
I will ballista you any time you want for no prize. All this 1v1 stuff makes me sad, I know a few people on bismarck that no matter what job you go will rock you 1v1, cor/sam especially. I am one of the people to beat on bismarck, but I prefer actual matches 1v1 one does not mean you are the best at ballista but I guess it can help boost your confidence take my criticism however you want but I am sure if you go to bismarck and shout a lot of the old ballista crew would like to take your gil. Bring a team and balista and I'd gladly pull some of my friends together for a real match where "Team effort" takes over the 1v1 mind set.

COR/SAM is rocking everyone 1v1?
Are they afk?
Did you jump them while they went to the bathroom?
Did you say "Let's go on 3!" And go "1...2...WILDFIRE!"
No wonder you don't 1v1.
I wouldn't either with a plan like that.

Let me break this down:
Corsair as an 11 MAB roll.
Has an 11 TP Regain roll.
Is running at me with 300 TP.

It is obviously going to run a full MAB setup to capitalize on QD+QD-> Wildfire, or Sekkanoki WF->WF.

It has no shadows.
It has no sublimation to resist sleep.
It can't possibly stack gear for damage/break/sleep.
No PDT whatsoever for the glass-cannon style
I don't have to manifest enfeebles I can just alacrity.

Preloading sprint -> weapon bash->AbsorbTP after eating a WF through my stoneskin for about 600 damage *maybe* in my 50%MDT 35mdb(26% further reduction) 1900hp setup to put them below their next WS. Then follow up with NVDS Drain II for 500-600 to create faux hp/recover and alacrity Drain again to further damage/recover myself.

This is assuming I want to be fancy and I don't just enfeeble you into oblivion to make you pay for all that MAB/attack gear. You will also be as thin as tissue paper and it will only take 2-3 scythe swings to finish you.

COR is honestly one of DRK's hardest obstacles due to the need to survive the initial barrage but is still able to be overcome.
But for an Aegis Paladin, or a skilled White Mage it isn't nearly as tough. Why am I not hearing any touting of Aegis paladins, or WHM's with near impossible sustain being touted as the reason "1v1" sucks.

Corsair.
Really?

Therefore anyone who has any sort of CC ability getting skill-chained is pants on head HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

A team that can't even understand the fundamental flaws of the "sad 1v1" end-all-be-all you just said, wouldn't be that terrifying. The only said thing is the contingency you just presented.

Might want to take some of that swag back to reality town. Or your own 30,000,000g thread.

Or over to my server, I'll triple the reward for you too Tex.
[+]
 Valefor.Nugzkraka
Serveur: Valefor
user: nugzkraka
By Valefor.Nugzkraka 2012-10-10 00:11:47
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
Valefor.Nugzkraka said: »
Has he fought anyone yet? I seen a bunch of posts about nothing.

I assume you would sub /sch only for sublimation. My plan would be to wait until sublimation is full then sleepga > ja, if that ja doesn't kill him repeat.

BLM/NIN (shadows to avoid his stun)

/SCH is a lot more than sublimation, switching to Light Arts to re-apply buffs and cast a needed Cure or addendum for a -na.

If you are just sitting in Dark Arts waiting for sublimation to come fill up or be available you aren't using the subjob to its full extent. Trust me, this is a big problem I have (like not having Regen II at first), and I usually have him saying LIGHT ARTS GET BLINK UP LIGHT ARTS WHY AREN'T YOU IN LIGHT ARTS when I have him watching me fight.

uhhh I would be BLM/nin he would be DRK/SCH and if I sleep him he wont have time to do anything you mentioned. I wouldnt sit in dark arts.. I am /nin... I would be waiting for HIS sublimation to fill so he cannot wake from sleep <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< If you missed that from my 1st post.

To me its all about who sleeps who 1st.

If he does Manifestation+Stun/Sleep I would just have to beat his with my own Stun/Breakga/Sleepga. Who ever wins this wins...imo

And if he uses Manifestation I might have to sub RDM for FC since shadows wont help.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-10 00:16:08
Link | Citer | R

I assume you would sub /sch only for sublimation. My plan would be to wait until sublimation is full then sleepga > ja, if that ja doesn't kill him repeat.

/SCH is a lot more than sublimation, switching to Light Arts to re-apply buffs and cast a needed Cure or addendum for a -na.

If you are just sitting in Dark Arts waiting for sublimation to come fill up or be available you aren't using the subjob to its full extent. Trust me, this is a big problem I have (like not having Regen II at first), and I usually have him saying LIGHT ARTS GET BLINK UP LIGHT ARTS WHY AREN'T YOU IN LIGHT ARTS when I have him watching me fight.

uhhh I would be BLM/nin he would be DRK/SCH and if I sleep him he wont have time to do anything you mentioned. I wouldnt sit in dark arts.. I am /nin... I would be waiting for HIS sublimation to fill so he cannot wake from sleep <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< If you missed that from my 1st post.

If he does Manifestation+Stun/Sleep I would just have to beat his with my own Stun/Breakga/Sleepga. Who ever wins this wins...imo

And if he uses Manifestation I might have to sub RDM for FC since shadows wont help.

You'll wait for my sublimation to fill up?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-10 00:25:25
Link | Citer | R

*** lol

In an attempt to get something constructive out of this page, how does enfeeble land rate scale with elemental resist gear in PvP? Notably, not so much?

what I'm getting at is that break can suck a ***
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-10 00:30:23
Link | Citer | R

As our levels have gotten higher stacking elemental resists, (icons + number) haven't had much of an effect.

I stack gear with "resist traits" on it. Break also seems to be heavily affected by dINT in its accuracy, much more so than other spells.

Did that answer the question? I'm a little unsure of what it is.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-10 00:31:16
Link | Citer | R

make it 300m and ill transfer servers otherwise you come to my server. end

Okay. I'll be expecting you in an hourish.

300m it is since the chance of you winning is zero.
Cleave you up cruor->gil while getting everyone I know money in the process.
I made a mythic once, farming money isn't too hard.

Not joking. We'll stream it.
Ended +1.
[+]
 Valefor.Nugzkraka
By Valefor.Nugzkraka 2012-10-10 00:31:56
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Urteil said: »

You'll wait for my sublimation to fill up?

Ya once it is full you stop losing HP hence you can be slept
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-10 00:32:11
Link | Citer | R

sounds like that's gonna be a quick match
[+]
 Valefor.Nugzkraka
By Valefor.Nugzkraka 2012-10-10 00:36:30
Link | Citer | R

well i was joking 300m even if you had it I can't leave my server at the moment.. Phil would go crazy.

It's fun to think about though very tempting.

You should really post some vid's or something I haven't seen any fight just weird pics ppl post that aren't related.

What about that test server idea? Sounds like you could get more matches on there.
 Valefor.Nugzkraka
By Valefor.Nugzkraka 2012-10-10 00:37:55
Link | Citer | R

o another idea would be kuastra on sch
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-10 00:38:38
Link | Citer | R

Go away.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-10-10 00:38:41
Link | Citer | R

I realize this is just another platitude, but I'd love to go a few rounds with you one day Urteil. No reward, just for fun. I'm on break for awhile but maybe one day.

EDIT: Although I will try and bring an Uber or Koenigkuchen, just for kicks.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-10 00:45:43
Link | Citer | R

I hope to see some videos soon! I want to see some real PvP battles.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-10 00:49:34
Link | Citer | R

Upbeat has a few that weren't of *me* but perhaps he'd post them. He got them a couple days ago from my server.

They are actually quite good, there's a total newcomer who holds his own for a bit against some relic wielders.

When he sees this he most likely will/I will talk to him.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-10 00:50:49
Link | Citer | R

As our levels have gotten higher stacking elemental resists, (icons + number) haven't had much of an effect.

I stack gear with "resist traits" on it. Break also seems to be heavily affected by dINT in its accuracy, much more so than other spells.

Did that answer the question? I'm a little unsure of what it is.
Looking at slots where I might not use resist trait gear. Say, 10 from Genbu's Shield, 21 from Blood Greaves, 10 from Soil Sachet, maybe Barstone.

Looking at PvE equations, it looks like I'd need 1~2 macc to change magic hit rate by 1%. If I understand the equations properly, I'd need 2 meva to increase resists by 1% above 50% resist rate and 1 meva when at or below 50%. Running with a totally arbitrary assumption that we start with dMacc=0, my +41 meva would reduce magic hit rate from 50% to 30%. If your macc is higher than my meva, results could be more significant provided you're not over cap.

The catch here is that Break has more than one resist state. There's also the half resist case to consider. So my probability of completely resisting Break independent of resist traits would shift from 0.5*0.5=0.25 to 0.7*0.7=0.49. Add in resist trait gear and more than half of all attempts would fail completely, with most of the remainder only landing for half duration.

Of course, I have no idea what kind of magic hit rate I'd be looking at for a baseline. I'd guess that these numbers are too high, and that my actual resist rate would be lower or even floored to begin with. In this case, elemental resist gear is of minimal benefit.
 Valefor.Nugzkraka
By Valefor.Nugzkraka 2012-10-10 00:57:42
Link | Citer | R

Go away.

I can't go away!

Show fights cause no way in hell i'd waste my time transfering servers to meet your highness.

I do wonder how much dmg Kuastra would do on your drk. Guess it depends on what gear you would use.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-10 01:02:04
Link | Citer | R

Go away.

I can't go away!

Show fights cause no way in hell i'd waste my time transfering servers to meet your highness.

I do wonder how much dmg Kuastra would do on your drk. Guess it depends on what gear you would use.

How astute of you. Transferring would be a waste of time.

You would lose and be embarrassed.

You show wisdom beyond your years.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-10 01:04:32
Link | Citer | R

You cannot erase Kaustra it is quite fearsome.
 Phoenix.Bohgo
user: Bohgo
By Phoenix.Bohgo 2012-10-10 01:40:09
Link | Citer | R

Cor/Sch is the only way you will stand a chance against him as Cor. We did a lot of duals and found out how powerful this is. Since we fought, he added hp merits and has been working to add MDB and HP to his gear sets. After he gets a few more pieces of gear, we are going to test again to see if he's still vunerable.

If I were to battle him in a best out of five, this is how I would probably approach it for now:

Start out by putting pro/shell, 11 tactician's and wizard's roll, stoneskin, sublimation, klimaform, and firestorm on. Make sure your Navarch's frac +2 is on when using tactician's while rolling and do not use random deal while buffing. Change to your battle body after you roll.

Try to engage with around 100tp because he can absorb a portion of your tp and if you have 300, he will absorb enough to ws you right away. He will open up with manifestation->break most likely and let him cast it.

If break is resisted, Chase him and fire shot->fire shot->wildfire as fast as you can. He will be at very low health if you get these off. If he's still alive, random deal to get your quick draws back and fire shot->fire shot. If he isn't dead at this point, you're in trouble. You can try to ranged attack him with triple shot, but he will stun you to try to interupt it. I did this around five times and only one ranged attack went through the stun. Your best bet is to hope you have 100tp after the two fire shots and wildfire him.

If break lands, it's much more difficult to win. Absorb attrition will probably be used and maybe sleep. If he sleeps, don't cancel your stoneskin unless break wears off and he hasn't commenced *** rapage on you. If he engages, the skin can sustain some damage. After you're awake, fire shot->fire shot-> wildfire as fast as you can. It takes like one hit and a ws to kill you, but FS and WF are quick and maybe you can get lucky. He's at an advantage at this point because he can stun you, which gives him enough time to get another hit off, and/or if timed right, he can drain II you after you use fire shot. If he gets off drain II, you won't be able to do enough damage to kill him before he kills you.

If you win, repeat this process. The only difference this time would be use wild card to get TP/QD/etc during the fight. Using wild card will also get you random deal back. The third fight can then be done like the first.

As for gear, you can go three routes. A MAB favored set to get more out of QD, an AGI favored set to get more out of Wildfire, or a resist/MAB/AGI set. This set or something similar would be good for a WF favored set:

Some resist items you can use are Hearty Earring, Prodiguous Mantle, Peiste Mantle, Flawless Ribbon, Mercenary's subligar, augmented Blood Finger Gauntlets or the Stormsoul Rings shown in the set.
Some MAB items you could use are Demon's Rings, augmented Blood hands and legs, and Tessera Saio. If it's Firesday, Zodiac Ring can be used as well.
Omphalos bullet should be used for QD and Orichalcum for WF.

I killed him many times and he killed me many times doing this. The battle is pretty exciting, doesn't last long, and takes precise timing by him with drain and stun. Resisting break, wildfire hitting for 0 because of his shadow ring, the day of the week, and drain or stun being resisted are a few variables that can certainly change the outcome.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Dragoncloud
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Dragoncloud 2012-10-10 01:48:45
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Dragoncloud said: »
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
I'm willing to bet 99% of the people you spar against go into the match thinking "going to totally destroy this guy!" then they get horribly defeated, probably many times, making them think Ballista is unfair and 1 job is overpowered, ending with them losing all interest.
If they also actually went to a match, they would also come to this same conclusion. Certain jobs are overpowered to the point of ridiculous i.e. COR, BLM, etc.
Says the guy, who's profile is totally anonymous. Looks like you have easy money coming your way to buy some shiny things to show off.

How much info I have put on my profile doesn't make my statement any less true. I've done ballista before, and I still do it now. In official matches, BLM's spamming JA's and Cor's with shots do much more damage in a short time and from a range than most other jobs can.

And I do in fact would like to ballista you, but moving servers for a single match seems a little bit silly, even if it's paid for.

P.S. Just a heads up for some black mages who ballista. I recently tried meteor in ballista. It sucks.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-10 01:52:59
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
I'm willing to bet 99% of the people you spar against go into the match thinking "going to totally destroy this guy!" then they get horribly defeated, probably many times, making them think Ballista is unfair and 1 job is overpowered, ending with them losing all interest.
If they also actually went to a match, they would also come to this same conclusion. Certain jobs are overpowered to the point of ridiculous i.e. COR, BLM, etc.
Says the guy, who's profile is totally anonymous. Looks like you have easy money coming your way to buy some shiny things to show off.

How much info I have put on my profile doesn't make my statement any less true. I've done ballista before, and I still do it now. In official matches, BLM's spamming JA's and Cor's with shots do much more damage in a short time and from a range than most other jobs can.

And I do in fact would like to ballista you, but moving servers for a single match seems a little bit silly, even if it's paid for.

P.S. Just a heads up for some black mages who ballista. I recently tried meteor in ballista. It sucks.

Yes backing up the things you say is quite silly.
 Lakshmi.Dragoncloud
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Dragoncloud 2012-10-10 01:58:07
Link | Citer | R

Welp, they should just rename this thread the Urteil troll thread.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blurrski
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: blurr69
By Ragnarok.Blurrski 2012-10-10 02:05:01
Link | Citer | R

Welp, they should just rename this thread the troll Urteil troll thread.

ftfy.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 76 77 78