Wamouracampa: Teki/To
Wamoura: Teki/To
Tiger: Teki seems best.
Fish: Chi
Wyvern: Chi absolutely destroys them.
Rabbits: Chi again wrecks house.
Rams: See above.
Chigoes: Ten/Metsu
Ameretat: To but even that gets resisted. Ten/Metsu probably better.

Behemoth gets ripped apart by Chi.
Cerberus just do Ten/Metsu.
Dvergr just do Ten/Metsu.
Wyrm gets ripped apart by Chi.

Mamool Ja resist Chi but are vulnerable to Teki and To.
Trolls same deal.
Lamia just get a Tauret out and close off Rudra/Torcleaver/Fudo for Darkness.
Beastmen Kings on F4 seem to share the same affinities as their counterparts on the previous Agon Halos.

Thinking it's probably better to do Samurai/Fighters if you have Soul Voice songs. Could ride Berserk and Kikoku AM for a 35% Attack Bonus.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-06-24 05:10:25
Link | Citer | R

TP bonus is super huge for hybrids (fTP almost triple from 1000 to 2000tp). I cant see how Kikoku can win. 500TP bonus easily win with 25%DA even at 2000tp+.
By mhomho 2021-06-24 06:48:03
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
TP bonus is super huge for hybrids
But I don't see people using Mpaca's head?!

~edit~

Why not:

ItemSet 380410
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-24 06:57:38
Link | Citer | R

Because no mab, no wsd, and 200 tp bonus isn't 1k tpbonus
By mhomho 2021-06-24 07:10:23
Link | Citer | R

???
Assuming Nyame is all path B capped you're sitting at:

+137 MAB (edit: forgot +4 from moonshade if you really wanted for +141 total)
+54 WSD
TP Bonuse +1950

Karieyh Ring instead?

MAB accessories instead of WSD accessories?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-24 07:15:42
Link | Citer | R

Wasted tp, you will literally never ws at exactly 1k

(then maybe the better option is the earring swap, idk, not running numbers)
By mhomho 2021-06-24 07:18:00
Link | Citer | R

:] ok, Eiryl.
By SimonSes 2021-06-24 08:03:21
Link | Citer | R

mhomho said: »
TP bonus is super huge for hybrids
But I don't see people using Mpaca's head?!

~edit~

Why not:

ItemSet 380410

Mpaca head is actually stronger than Relic+3 (without taking advantage of Innin augment) at 1000 effective TP, but you are never at 1000 effective TP. The realistic minimum is 1250 from only moonshade and at 1250, Mpaca's head is still stronger, but marginally. If you add Heishi (which you should), minimum is 1750TP at which point Mpaca's is outmatched by Mochizuki.

As for Hitaki, its for sure bis offhand for Hybrids, but only if you can achieve enough accuracy for it in both TP and WS phase. If your offhand accuracy is floored during WS, overall DPS will most likely be lower, even if WS damage will still be slightly better. This also assumes you are attack and macc capped with Hitaki offhand. If you are not, Hitaki will start loosing even with medium accuracy.
By mhomho 2021-06-24 08:19:10
Link | Citer | R

So swap Hitaki for something like Kunimitsu and retain Bonus TP +950.
By SimonSes 2021-06-24 08:30:02
Link | Citer | R

mhomho said: »
So swap Hitaki for something like Kunimitsu and retain Bonus TP +950.

Kunimitsu is a default offhand for me yeah.
I guess I somehow wasnt a clear enough? Mpaca's head isnt stronger than Relic+3, when you have already +750TP bonus from Heishi and Moonshade. You should use Mochizuki. 200TP bonus is strong and 3%TA is nice too, but both are not enough to beat 61mab and slightly higher total of str+int on Mochizuki. Not above 1750 effective TP.
By Ruaumoko 2021-06-25 04:09:22
Link | Citer | R

Another run today.

Coming to the conclusion that, although Hybrid WS damage is great and it does let a group tackle mobs in segment farms they'd usually avoid, a NIN is simply not matching a Masa SAM or Calad DRK for top tier DPS. WS damage is comparable and even outdoes those two jobs in quite a few situations but you seriously notice the difference in white damage from those weapons.

It works bringing a top tier NIN to segment runs, don't misunderstand me, but don't expect to top the parse against a veteran SAM or DRK. You'll still walk out with great segments, we pulled around 11k (including bonus) during our last run, but if you're determined to top the parse come as another job.
By SimonSes 2021-06-25 05:08:45
Link | Citer | R

Damage Parses in Segments farms means nothing for DD jobs comparison. They are based on lag, reactions and stuff like JA0wait. Furthermore some jobs with strong single hit WSs can do 40-60k damage to mobs that has 5k HP left, creating virtual parse damage that has no real value. Another thing is job like WAR will buff whole party damage with Warcry and Blood Rage. There is several more different reason why damage parse in Segments is useless to compare DD jobs, but I dont care enough to list everything. The only thing that really matters is clear speed/segmentsAvg across many runs.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2021-06-25 05:16:17
Link | Citer | R

Damage Parses in Segments farms means nothing for DD jobs comparison. They are based on lag, reactions and stuff like JA0wait. Furthermore some jobs with strong single hit WSs can do 40-60k damage to mobs that has 5k HP left, creating virtual parse damage that has no real value. Another thing is job like WAR will buff whole party damage with Warcry and Blood Rage. There is several more different reason why damage parse in Segments is useless to compare DD jobs, but I dont care enough to list everything. The only thing that really matters is clear speed/segmentsAvg across many runs.
All this is true, but you just know that's all that a sizable portion of the playerbase will use to guage the usefulness of a job. Exactly why every other shout for content these days has either SAM, DRK or Savage Blade WAR as being sought after.
By SimonSes 2021-06-25 05:21:05
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
All this is true, but you just know that's all that a sizable portion of the playerbase will use to guage the usefulness of a job. Exactly why every other shout for content these days has either SAM, DRK or Savage Blade WAR as being sought after.

Its true, but its not the reason to spread the stereotypes further. Its not the Ruaumoko I know ;)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-25 09:46:07
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
Another run today.

Coming to the conclusion that, although Hybrid WS damage is great and it does let a group tackle mobs in segment farms they'd usually avoid, a NIN is simply not matching a Masa SAM or Calad DRK for top tier DPS. WS damage is comparable and even outdoes those two jobs in quite a few situations but you seriously notice the difference in white damage from those weapons.

It works bringing a top tier NIN to segment runs, don't misunderstand me, but don't expect to top the parse against a veteran SAM or DRK. You'll still walk out with great segments, we pulled around 11k (including bonus) during our last run, but if you're determined to top the parse come as another job.

I came to this conclusion after my first few runs on NIN. It's a fun job to use, and it has defensive capabilities that make it very durable if things go bad. Being a strong Hybrid DD is fun too. The thing I took away the most from this was that Segment farms can be efficient and fun. Being locked into one job can be boring for some players, and since it's a daily event, stressing over getting max segments/run is not really that important to me anymore.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-25 10:24:35
Link | Citer | R

The stressing about getting max points is more for people who are further behind in the RP progression and can't login on a daily basis to do one Segment run every 20hr.

For those people segments farming is slower and so they rightfully feel like they have to maximize.
The 25% bonus at the end (directly) and Mog Amplifier (indirectly) both helped towards making things feel better though, imho.

It was a much needed QoL change, don't see why so many people over these boards were arguing against measures like those or similar ones being suggested.
 Bahamut.Wesleydimble
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Wesleydimble 2021-06-25 11:20:02
Link | Citer | R

It can be fun to play the tank / puller role in segment farms as well. This seems to work out alright with mambos, and is more exciting than rune fencer.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-06-25 11:40:48
Link | Citer | R

Can someone please post a Shun/Ten/Chi set that doesn't include Nyame gear? My damage in Dynamis was less than stellar and I'm wondering if it was just me or the reality of things. Thanks.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-25 12:00:25
Link | Citer | R

Shun doesn't use Nyame, at least mine doesn't. I'm using Kenda+1 head/legs, Mpaca hands/feet, Adhemar +1 body.

Ten would be the sets likely posted on the front page, WSD Herc/AF+3 Mask, Relic+3 legs.

Chi would be Mochizuki +3 mask and your herc WSD+MAB in other slots. Same as older sets.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-06-25 12:03:04
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Buukki.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-06-25 15:19:13
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Shun doesn't use Nyame, at least mine doesn't. I'm using Kenda+1 head/legs, Mpaca hands/feet, Adhemar +1 body.

Ten would be the sets likely posted on the front page, WSD Herc/AF+3 Mask, Relic+3 legs.

Chi would be Mochizuki +3 mask and your herc WSD+MAB in other slots. Same as older sets.

Just chiming in to mostly agree with Buukki's suggestions. Some considerations/alternatives below.

For Shun:
- Agreed on head (Ken+1) and body (Adhemar+1).

- For hands/feet, whether or not you're attack capped is going to matter a lot when deciding between Kendatsuba +1 and Mpaca. Comparing the two, Ken+1 has significantly more DEX (DEX+18 for hands, DEX+12 for feet) and TA+1% per piece, and slightly more Acc. Mpaca has significantly more Atk (and add even more from whatever augment level you may have), and hands get the very nice TA dmg+ augment for a WS set that should be featuring a good bit of TA. [EDIT: didn't realize the TA dmg+ stat doesn't work on WS, thanks Simon!] If you're confident you are capping attack, Ken+1 wins. If not, it's still fairly close but Mpaca should win - though you shouldn't expect massive improvement from swapping Ken+1 for Mpaca.

- For legs, Ken+1 should win for capped attack. For uncapped attack, Mpaca or Rao +1 (B path) will likely win. Pre-Odyssey I always got Rao+1 (B path) outperforming Ken+1 thanks to heavy Atk/STR and a bit of DEX. Similar rationale for Mpaca's Hose, which have less STR/DEX/Atk than Rao+1 but add TA+4%. If you're unsure of when you may or may not be capping Atk, I'd probably go for Mpaca as the safe default choice (gets good Atk like Rao, but also adds TA like Mpaca)

For Chi/hybrids:
Mochi+3 legs are very solid too if you don't have a great Herculean MAB/WSD aug. No MAB, but very good Atk/Macc/STR/INT and WSD+10%.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-06-25 19:20:34
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
hands get the very nice TA dmg+ augment for a WS set that should be featuring a good bit of TA.

Guess you haven't been playing WAR or THF much? :)
TA and DA damage stat is only for white damage. Doesn't work for WS.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-06-25 20:57:49
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
hands get the very nice TA dmg+ augment for a WS set that should be featuring a good bit of TA.

Guess you haven't been playing WAR or THF much? :)
TA and DA damage stat is only for white damage. Doesn't work for WS.
From job traits? Or gear? Or both? Swore back in the day, gear applied, but maybe that was just lucky crits?

Edit: ohh.... You mean the damage+ on that, NVM bump for bumpsies, but also interesting to know.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2021-06-26 00:40:08
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Lil' late to it but NIN slaps the Gigas Ambuscade across the lot.
Interesting to see if any others in future work like this.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2021-06-26 06:02:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
I think it would be awesome if we could all work together to collect data on which targets in odyssey is susceptible to damage from any of NIN's hybrid WSs.
Starting to work on one, will update as I go over the next few days and get things locked down. I've probably missed a few mobs and made a few mistakes there.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-26 07:25:58
Link | Citer | R

That's fantastic Rua, thanks!
Please keep in mind a couple of monsters switch different modes, that could skew the results if someone doesn't take it into account.

Can only think of Flans and Wamouracampa that have this feature, not sure on any other mob that switches.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-06-26 23:44:32
Link | Citer | R

Could also consider switching to Gkatana for more elements you can use with hybrids. Kagero would probably work well on clusters, not sure if it helps with any others but probably worth trying.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 223 224 225 ... 253 254 255