The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 221 222 223 ... 253 254 255
 Asura.Sagaxi
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2021-06-14 18:57:21
Link | Citer | R

@Capuchin Quick question, can Gokotai be used offhand for ACC/RACC, or it still falls behind in most, if not all situations?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-06-15 02:55:13
Link | Citer | R

Yeah it's still fine for Acc/Racc swap. Kunimitsu (Odyssey) is a little better, and Fudo Masamune is also maybe slightly better and is usually my heavy acc swap (but I get that it's expensive and many people won't care to make it for its main purpose of C path tanking). But Gokotai plays a very similar role in the places you might need a lot of acc in gear...

Though a question is usually whether adjusting buffs is needed; If NIN is struggling for accuracy, that's usually not a great sign for other DDs. Maybe a Madrigal or Torpor is in order...
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2021-06-20 05:55:38
Link | Citer | R

It's amazing what the addition of Nyame equipment has done for Ninja. This was a Dynamis-Jeuno run just then with the below set, which isn't even completed yet. The parse you're seeing is for W3 only, I decided to reset once W2 boss died. Other DDs were a Calad DRK, Masa SAM, Doji SAM and a COR.

ItemSet 379603

Average was around 60-70k unless it was a WHM or RUN Volte, capped damage or near capped damage was likely a Double Attack proc.

[+]
By Leorikkk 2021-06-20 14:08:00
Link | Citer | R

what buffs did you have?
By Ruaumoko 2021-06-20 15:17:23
Link | Citer | R

Leorikkk said: »
what buffs did you have?
4 songs for most the run, no Soul Voice until W2 boss. 5 songs throughout W3.

Honor/Madrigal/Madrigal/Minuet/Dirge (yeah, that could have been a second Minuet).
Chaos/Samurai Roll

That's about it.
[+]
By mhomho 2021-06-20 15:36:04
Link | Citer | R

:O So you're tellin me there's a chance!
[+]
By Leorikkk 2021-06-20 17:16:27
Link | Citer | R

wow, no GEO stuff? What food, go with grape daifuku or rolanberry for the macc?
[+]
 Asura.Kitfoxtrot
user: foxtrot
By Asura.Kitfoxtrot 2021-06-20 17:27:20
Link | Citer | R

yeeeee- acc/attck was mega needed vs old oseem aug options to get mattck/wsd on gear (along with the other cluster ef of helpful stats on t4)

PSA: ambu pumpin for hybrids this month as well. 70k wsavg teki's w/just brd+cor buffs. Toss in some water shots & gambits for more fun.

W/innin, kunimitsu, 4/5 t4 set, and 2k tp aeonic AM sitting @ capped sc dmg. had a run where a couple of teki closing off sb for reverb made 12% of parse alone.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2021-06-20 17:44:43
Link | Citer | R

Rolanberry for sure, the double dip on Acc and M.Acc is really noticable.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-06-20 17:57:23
Link | Citer | R

In before the bandwagon. Still at least takes a large investment in NIN gear to make it happen.

Seems as though the gear should help boost Ninja's magic options also, /BLM, /RDM, /BLU, and even /DRK should start seeing some viability again.
By Ruaumoko 2021-06-20 19:30:37
Link | Citer | R

About no GEO, I've got some thoughts. I'm actually really interested to realise the potential of a synergy between a top tier NIN and a top tier BST, I think it'd be dangerous.

BST has a Tulfaire pet that can use a conal -25% DEF and -25 MDB attack pretty frequently. Even without GEO, or in content where GEO debuffs are heavily nerfed, and provided PDIF is being met with COR and BRD this would be very strong for hybrid and elemental WS. If you still brought GEO into this scenario they could do Fury/Acumen and have the COR do Samurai/Fighters for more DA procs.

This would make NIN hybrids insane and would also benefit the COR and the BST's damage. Cloudsplitter and Primal Rend can reach 30k+ with just the Tulfaire, Nyame and nothing else.

Very keen to try this out.
[+]
By eeternal 2021-06-20 19:49:34
Link | Citer | R

Imagine how potent this with Nagi AM3
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-20 22:01:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
If you have time Buukki, I'd love to see your:
1) TP set
2) Ten set
3) Chi set
4) Evisceration set

TP
ItemSet 363169

Ten
ItemSet 380371

Chi
ItemSet 380353

Evisceration (I just use my blade: hi set because I have no more equipset slots for such a low priority WS )
ItemSet 380372

[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-21 01:18:03
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for sharing them Buukki!
Some questions for you:

Is Kentarch performing better than Windbuffet for you, in TPset?
What rank is your Kunimitsu?
Are Tatenashi Body/Legs really outperforming Nyame for you, in the Blade: Ten set?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-21 09:05:03
Link | Citer | R

Is Kentarch performing better than Windbuffet for you, in TPset?

It's about equal. Or as small of a difference in melee DPS that I can't tell xD. I kinda just went this route to get a few bucks back when Kentarch gained augments. It's probably slightly weaker, but as far as melee DPS, NIN is not really a powerhouse, it's just about TPing as fast as possible and WS frequency. So I opted for the accuracy, Double Attack, and Store TP vs the straight multi attack stat. Felt more balanced.

What rank is your Kunimitsu?
Rank 20

Are Tatenashi Body/Legs really outperforming Nyame for you, in the Blade: Ten set?
I went back and forth between Tatenashi and Nyame/Mochizuki Hakama +3 (legs). My reasoning was that I liked the additional modifier (Attribute+10, which includes DEX vs other options that has no DEX) for Ten from tatenashi, in addition to the Triple Attack, on Body/Legs. Especially the legs, I'm kind of set on that piece. The body I am not sure if it's always the better option, but I like to balance a bit of WSD with TA and the spike damage from a proc. So that's why I went with those pieces.

Nyame is looking like the more safe and consistent option, but I play around with my sets from time to time and see what works. So a piece or two may be off from the last time I edited it, just because of what I may have been doing at the time. May not always be perfect, so don't copy me if you want perfection. For instance, I use Mpaca boots in my TP set, because I sold Kendatsuba +1 to fund other projects. It's clearly not BIS, but I don't really see it as such a huge loss, so I stuck with Mpaca just for ease (Ken. feet +1 have other uses in hybrid/meva sets, so I am also using an inferior piece in all of those other sets by choice. This is what I mean when I say don't copy me, because I have reasons why I use certain sets).
 Asura.Aravlis
user: Sil
By Asura.Aravlis 2021-06-21 10:57:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kitfoxtrot said: »
PSA: ambu pumpin for hybrids this month as well. 70k wsavg teki's w/just brd+cor buffs. Toss in some water shots & gambits for more fun.

Pics for fun, 2 minute fights from entrance to done.
[+]
 Asura.Kitfoxtrot
By Asura.Kitfoxtrot 2021-06-21 11:13:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aravlis said: »

Pics for fun, 2 minute fights from entrance to done.
^Hey man, why'd you have to pick a screen cap from one of the runs you beat me, gawwwwwd.

@ the tp/ten/chi sets, tbh a lot of those option choices kind of confuse me, I would've thought "maybe using item B because don't have item A" but then it shows up in a different set. Ten for example, the modifiers are kinda weak on that one and multi attack doesn't help out too much.
[+]
 Asura.Aravlis
user: Sil
By Asura.Aravlis 2021-06-21 11:15:56
Link | Citer | R

^Hey man, why'd you have to pick a screen cap from one of the runs you beat me, gawwwwwd.

Cuz the run you averaged 80k I only averaged like 58k!
[+]
 Asura.Kitfoxtrot
By Asura.Kitfoxtrot 2021-06-21 11:22:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aravlis said: »

Cuz the run you averaged 80k I only averaged like 58k!

auto-target working +1, clearly the best stat to invest in.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-21 11:28:09
Link | Citer | R

@ the tp/ten/chi sets, tbh a lot of those option choices kind of confuse me, I would've thought "maybe using item B because don't have item A" but then it shows up in a different set. Ten for example, the modifiers are kinda weak on that one and multi attack doesn't help out too much.

You're probably right. I just went into the game and copied my sets here to answer Sechs question. This past week is the first time I have played NIN in a while, so it could have been that my Nyame wasn't capped at the time I made this set. Which is why I included these disclaimers a couple of times in my post:

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I play around with my sets from time to time and see what works. So a piece or two may be off from the last time I edited it, just because of what I may have been doing at the time. May not always be perfect
 Asura.Kitfoxtrot
By Asura.Kitfoxtrot 2021-06-21 11:32:05
Link | Citer | R

Ah right on, I gotcha- experimenting easily ~1/3 the fun in this game
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-21 11:32:59
Link | Citer | R

If you have updated/perfect sets to share from your experience or spreadsheet, I don't mind looking at them and comparing, making adjustments. I defaulted to 4/5-5/5 Nyame for most of Ninja WS sets, but for stuff like Metsu and Ten I played around a little. So those two may be outdated the most. I don't know what the dps difference is in a perfect set, just eyeballing and swapping between events.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2021-06-21 18:32:03
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
Rolanberry for sure, the double dip on Acc and M.Acc is really noticable.

I started using malaise ever since I switched to Jinpu.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-21 23:48:04
Link | Citer | R

I think it would be awesome if we could all work together to collect data on which targets in odyssey is susceptible to damage from any of NIN's hybrid WSs.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2021-06-22 00:03:22
Link | Citer | R

I think it would be awesome if we could all work together to collect data on which targets in odyssey is susceptible to damage from any of NIN's hybrid WSs.
Did a run the other day. The following for sure are vulnerable.

Bats
Vultures
Colibri
Imps
Crabs
Wasps
Tigers
Rocs

Work on but take reduced damage.
Trolls
Mamool
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-22 01:20:31
Link | Citer | R

Did you notice if all Hybrids were working well, or if one was working better than the other?
(without this aspect I'd be leaning to just use Blade: Chi)

Also which food would you guys suggest to benefit Hybrids in particular?
By Malaketth 2021-06-22 08:13:29
Link | Citer | R

Puks were weak. Easy floor 4 one shots. I’ll pay more attention next time. I just used grape daifaku+1 seems to give best mix of everything when swapping to something else as well as giving a bit for chi. And if you just absolutely must switch weapon type NIN is on Karambit don’t forget. I typically just power through though and let the rest of party shine if need to on those rare cases I can’t use chi or ten.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-22 08:32:55
Link | Citer | R

Guess you meant Grape Daifuku +1?
By malakef 2021-06-22 08:36:32
Link | Citer | R

hell I'm happy I got even a couple letters right I cant spell for ***. And why is it my phone login is linked to my old levi account.. I got to fix that.
First Page 2 3 ... 221 222 223 ... 253 254 255