A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 99 100 101
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-05-17 14:54:01
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
In this update, Maquette ring was surpassed by Perception ring. Just 1 extra macc, but a lot easier to farm.

yup, glad i sold mine a month ago for 2.8M. already 4 on the AH.
 Carbuncle.Sasaraixx
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sasaraixx
By Carbuncle.Sasaraixx 2014-05-21 18:24:05
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx said: »
That set is updated with Obi now like it should have been.

The reasons you use Obi is to force the Weather/Iridescene Bonus procs.

Example: Thunders day w/ no obi-no weather~ nuking Thunder you get a small chance of day bonus%dmg.
When you put on obi that changes to a guaranteed bonus

Thank you for the response. I thought as much, but I just wanted to make sure. Your sets are so helpful! :)
 Odin.Areyla
Serveur: Odin
user: areyla
By Odin.Areyla 2014-05-24 18:26:17
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have any suggestions for an accuracy nuking set? and potentially an acc/enmity- set? From what I read elemental skill > macc > INT. With all these new gear options I was curious if anyone knew what the target m.acc/ele value would be for bosses if there is one like melee accuracy. Clearly you could stroll in with full MAB hagondes, but the partial resists really cut down on your damage. Does anyone know the approximate ratio of elementalSkill : m.acc?

I was thinking a mix and match of AF/Relic and use of obis still. Coeus for macc/-enmity/mab. Interested on inputs for trade-offs on pieces such as AF head (m.acc/MAB) vs Relic head (+ele skill), Imbodla (+ele skill /INT) vs Eddy Neck, AF body (ele skill) vs Vanir Cotehardie (m.acc/MAB).

How much +ele skill do we need to compensate for the B+?
Delve2.0 seems to favor fire damage so I was trying to prod the community for input on a good nuking set.
By Chimerawizard 2014-06-05 02:32:50
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Areyla said: »
Does anyone have any suggestions for an accuracy nuking set? and potentially an acc/enmity- set? From what I read elemental skill > macc > INT. With all these new gear options I was curious if anyone knew what the target m.acc/ele value would be for bosses if there is one like melee accuracy. Clearly you could stroll in with full MAB hagondes, but the partial resists really cut down on your damage. Does anyone know the approximate ratio of elementalSkill : m.acc?

I was thinking a mix and match of AF/Relic and use of obis still. Coeus for macc/-enmity/mab. Interested on inputs for trade-offs on pieces such as AF head (m.acc/MAB) vs Relic head (+ele skill), Imbodla (+ele skill /INT) vs Eddy Neck, AF body (ele skill) vs Vanir Cotehardie (m.acc/MAB).

How much +ele skill do we need to compensate for the B+?
Delve2.0 seems to favor fire damage so I was trying to prod the community for input on a good nuking set.

Well, lets start off about m.acc vs skill vs INT:
From BGwiki,

@ dINT <10~15: 1 INT = 1 m.acc = 1 skill
@ dINT 10~15+: 2 INT = 1 m.acc = 1 skill

It's hard to know how much INT the target mob has, since it's delve 2.0, maybe 250 INT? looking at motenten's WAR calculator, Tojil is listed at 200 INT & Serac Rabbit has 215 INT. Hope that helps.

I'll leave you to figure out the gear yourself since I quit playing at least 6 months ago. I just pop my head in occasionally to see what's been going on.
[+]
 Sylph.Traxus
Serveur: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2014-06-05 08:04:14
Link | Citer | R

For nuking, twilight cape should always beat bookworm/toro with weather...right?
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2014-06-05 08:42:57
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Traxus said: »
For nuking, twilight cape should always beat bookworm/toro with weather...right?

No. A page o two back I asked this. Lose the cape keep the obis. I think the exception was if kiloflarm ja was in use.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2014-06-05 08:50:20
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Use bookworm cape instead of twilight cape. Keep the obis

There is your reference
By Pantafernando 2014-06-05 09:10:06
Link | Citer | R

Well, i would say about the twilight cape, that depends.
Twilight cape, as well the ToM staves, are fixed percentuals of final dmg. And as its percentual, you cant just blindly accept or refuse, because your current gear will determine the final number of this, so its real contribuition.

Not considering the bonus in elemental magic, that is important if you lack macc, just considering raw magic:

Dmg= v*mab/Mdb

The point when twilight and bookworm are similar is (considering high tier nukes, so the magdmg is neglected):

1,05*v*mab/mdb = v*(mab+10)/mdb
Mab= 10/0,05
Mab=200

So, if you have higher than 200mab in gear, probably twilight cape will contribute more than bookworm cape.
And its not that hard to get 200 mab in gear.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2014-06-05 10:27:43
Link | Citer | R

Mote's spread sheets are showing Hagondes +1 max aug and Umbani as BiS for nuking over savant's feet.

It looks like the order would be Umbani > Hag +1 w/ max aug > Savant's +2 with klimaform and matching weather up.

Additionally, if you are nuking higher tier nukes, like say to bring down an aura, Twilight Cape should still win in matching day/weather over bookworm.
By Chimerawizard 2014-06-06 17:06:17
Link | Citer | R

I think between Bookworm on low tier nukes/helix and Toro on the mid/high tier there's practically no spells where Twilight still wins out.

Also, I updated the nuke set.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx 2014-06-09 21:58:41
Link | Citer | R

I personally have been using heavy magic acc builds for tier 4/5/boss(artsieq boots_+30macc)

Tier 1/2/3 using the updated set Chimera posted on the guide(umbani boots)
By Chimerawizard 2014-06-11 19:58:36
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 324778

How much magic accuracy could be removed from that set & not worry about resists?

EDIT: fixed the set to match the reply. Staff(B)/Head(C)/Feet(B) are expected to have said paths completed.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx 2014-06-11 20:47:35
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
ItemSet 324778

How much magic accuracy could be removed from that set & not worry about resists?

That set without tupsi(delve2.0 staff) and using 1 more hagondes+1 should not have any issues with resist. If threnody is maintained&klimaform.
 Quetzalcoatl.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Quetzalcoatl.Warusha 2014-06-13 01:13:21
Link | Citer | R

Are the Hagondes pieces listed assumed to have MAB 30 or MACC 30? I'm having acc. issues with BLM mythic* staff with similar set up. I haven't been getting threnodies, but I'm willing to demand them if I have to >:D
By Chimerawizard 2014-06-13 12:48:37
Link | Citer | R

Good point ... I had thought MAB but I hadn't specified...
 Sylph.Feary
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-06-13 19:06:32
Link | Citer | R

i thought Fastcast gear has no value in midcast.

i know spellcast is too slow but its no longer being supported. With Gearswap's availablity to work with instant cast, i would have to ask,

why is swith cape etc in stun sets?
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-06-13 19:24:51
Link | Citer | R

Fast Cast gear gives 50% of its value into recast. So Switch Cape +1 would give you roughly(I say roughly because haste, fast cast, and SCH JA are calculated in different steps) 2% faster recast on spells.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx 2014-06-13 20:48:56
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Warusha said: »
Are the Hagondes pieces listed assumed to have MAB 30 or MACC 30? I'm having acc. issues with BLM mythic* staff with similar set up. I haven't been getting threnodies, but I'm willing to demand them if I have to >:D
Mine is MAB, demand threnody from lazy-brd and let us know how it goes.

I usually have our bards dark threnody for impact at start then i roll over to(insert ele weakness nuking threnody) but my bards are not lazy.
 Sylph.Feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-06-13 22:05:41
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Inference said: »
Fast Cast gear gives 50% of its value into recast. So Switch Cape +1 would give you roughly(I say roughly because haste, fast cast, and SCH JA are calculated in different steps) 2% faster recast on spells.

yeah i understand that, what i didnt get was when it was require to be equipped to be applied, i thought fastcast gear was applied during precast and both its effects (fastcast and recast down percentages) carried over to midcast, however haste wasnt applied til midcast.

basically saying fastcast gear didnt need to be on when the spell went to off to get both recast down and fastcast.

and i think it was 40 not 50%
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-06-13 22:07:50
Link | Citer | R

Fast Cast value for casting time reduction is applied during Precast. the recast reduction is applied when the spell goes off, so needs to be in the midcast phase to be applied.
By MrIdea 2014-06-13 22:08:52
Link | Citer | R

FC is applied precast. FC cap is 40, Dark Arts is outside cap and allows +10% FC for 50.
By MrIdea 2014-06-13 22:10:02
Link | Citer | R

reduction is at cast.
With Peda head and Acad feet, you get 18%.

The reduction of FC value x 50% + 18% from geargear (25+18) for 43% recast reduction.

Which is why wearing Acad feet and sitting on 9 second stun is sufficient at decent TP fed/Tp regain monsters and peda feet for alaclarity 4.5 second stuns when stunning the extra stuff.
 Sylph.Feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-06-13 23:47:19
Link | Citer | R

Using the gearsets in this guide and Gearswap,
for stun, you precast fastcast set and midcast stun alacrity up/down sets
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2014-06-14 00:02:14
Link | Citer | R

If bkack halo ws buff is good, we can self fusipn, bh ws light sc with club.

My helix is boiling over in excitement to out melee sams!
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2014-06-17 07:41:41
Link | Citer | R

4 magic dmg or 8 int on otomi gloves?
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2014-06-17 07:45:54
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Traxus said: »
4 magic dmg or 8 int on otomi gloves?

Kaustra, shattersoul and helix would be INT. +4 dmg elemental nukes is my guess

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Sasaraixx
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sasaraixx
By Carbuncle.Sasaraixx 2014-06-17 12:00:16
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx said: »

That set without tupsi(delve2.0 staff) and using 1 more hagondes+1 should not have any issues with resist. If threnody is maintained&klimaform.

I am about to start gearing for nuking in Delve 2.O and I was worried about resists as well. Would a set like this be acceptable?

ItemSet 324956

The staff is path B and body path C. I was going to shoot for MAB on all the Hagondes pieces. The bards I party with are good about keeping up threnodies.

Thanks in advance!

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 99 100 101