Game Escape "Seekers of Adoulin" Interview
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-07-25 15:16:25
Link | Citer | R

"Equipment" in the way Ito used it sounded pretty broad; yeah the artifact weapons and artifact armors part of the quote seemed inconsistent with the way he said the rest of the details, he could've meant to cut the sentence short to include relic weapons+armor and empyrean armor+weapons to the mix.
 Ragnarok.Agerknux
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ager
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2012-07-25 15:18:25
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Mythics for the 2 new jobs sounds stupid as hell :(. The lore of they mythics was all about Balrahn and the treasures he collected over the years. AU and Adoulin are sooooo far apart. Like literally the other side of the globe. There was no mention of Balrahn ever going out that far (especially when beastmen riddled the entire AU continent). That sounds really stupid to me. /shrug

That and I'm pretty sure I've never seen a Geomancer or Rune Knight anywhere in Aht Urghan... or anywhere else for that matter. Really interested to see how they write themselves out of this.

They could just retcon it.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-07-25 15:18:41
Link | Citer | R

In retrospect, old school methods of travel (chocobo, airship, on foot) may have seemed like a gigantic waste of time, because we now have clear cut and straightforward objectives. Back when places were new, our objectives weren't as well defined or even known for that matter.

It gave us opportunities to learn and discover things within each and every zone. And it was justified because little was known, and things were actually new to us. It's only after that we have defined goals and after every stone and crevice has been unearthed that these landscapes become mere timesinks and objects interfering with our goals. But just consider that it was the very sense of adventure and discovery that helped shape and define your very objectives that you undertake, yet find lost time within.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-07-25 15:18:44
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said: »
For the most part I can tolerate a boring method of transport. What I will not forgive however, is an uninspired, boring, short, or simple flag quest for Geomancer and Rune Fencer. If it's anything like the BST flag quest where you fetch something at a specific time, while the cutscenes held little to no relevance to the class itself, then I will be... not very happy.

For what it's worth, I think most of the jobs tell their story through artifact quests, not the initial "joining the ranks" one.

I can't say that simple teleportation does not bode well for this expansion; I have my own reserves about it and honestly I think it will be a huge let down. On the other hand, COP was easily the best expansion all things considered and we didn't even get a new continent. So who knows? This boat point alone is not necessarily indicative.

edit: in between the double negatives there's some meaning to be had there... somewhere
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-07-25 15:21:49
Link | Citer | R

True True. The dnc and sch ones weren't prevalent during AU time periods. Ok, but riddle me this then. Dancers and schs were very prevalent during the big war in WoTG. In the 4 major cities. Some of them migrated to AU after the big war (see Zazarg and Rangelouts). It's not THAT unlikely that schs and dncs made their way over to AU as well in this big migration. No mention of runic fencers or geos. It seems kind of stupid to me personally. Also I just assumed they were getting added to Burtgang and Yagrush respectively, but that wouldn't make sense as Yagrush enhances benison and DV. So they would have to be new relics. Seriously why not empy? That's dumb if they are going to have AF3...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-25 15:23:21
Link | Citer | R

I'm more interested in how they're going to add in Geomancer/Rune Knight seals. I'm too OCD to have mobs with imbalanced drops and... and...
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-07-25 15:24:20
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Seriously why not empy? That's dumb if they are going to have AF3...

Like I said, Ito could have just tried to cut the sentence short without getting too wordy about the new jobs getting access to all the big stuff.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-07-25 15:27:40
Link | Citer | R

They stated that the major theme of the expansion is "discovery". I just want to say that I really like that. If getting there is boring, so be it; if discovering an entire continent is boring, well, then it's a horrible expansion.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-25 15:27:42
Link | Citer | R

There's also no reason to believe that Balrahn, a collector of extremely rare artifacts, and who was an extremely well-known and repsected political figure, would have had no contact with people from Adoulin and would not have attempted to collect artifacts related to Geomancers and Rune Fencers.

Also just because we don't know of a job as a playerbase - to me, it's always been pretty apparent through FFXI's writing that there myriad other schools of magic, styles of combat, and as a result, classes that probably exist in Vana'diel which may or may not be known to NPCs but not necessarily to us.
[+]
 Shiva.Alistaire
Serveur: Shiva
user: Alistaire
By Shiva.Alistaire 2012-07-25 15:31:50
Link | Citer | R

Idk about that really. The job doesn't seem to be centered around DD at all, meaning it will have to rely on things like Hasso and have a low attack score out of the gate. Likely face the same issues that DRG has, except without jumps to help make up for it.

Yeah, it's meant to be a tank, just like how SAM was designed.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-07-25 15:33:17
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Alistaire said: »
Idk about that really. The job doesn't seem to be centered around DD at all, meaning it will have to rely on things like Hasso and have a low attack score out of the gate. Likely face the same issues that DRG has, except without jumps to help make up for it.

You mean how NIN was designed?
 Bismarck.Yuenna
Serveur: Bismarck
user: yuenna
By Bismarck.Yuenna 2012-07-25 15:33:39
Link | Citer | R

The storyline for relics is that they were made during the crystal war yet dancer or scholar are not on relic dagger or staff.
So storyline has nothing to do with weapons what so ever
 Shiva.Alistaire
By Shiva.Alistaire 2012-07-25 15:36:59
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
Shiva.Alistaire said: »

You mean how NIN was designed?

Heh, but yeah NIN was a DD, SAM was a tank, SE can be really HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE with design vs how a job turns out.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-07-25 15:37:17
Link | Citer | R

SAM was never designed to be a tank. It was designed to be SE's Mary-Sue.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-07-25 15:38:40
Link | Citer | R

My amazement is in how long it took for SE to embrace the playerbase's take on NIN. They were adamantly against it at the start and now they're calling RNF the "3rd tank job" which I just find hilarious.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-07-25 15:39:54
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Yuenna said: »
The storyline for relics is that they were made during the crystal war yet dancer or scholar are not on relic dagger or staff.
So storyline has nothing to do with weapons what so ever

No I think they were USED during that time, weren't they? Passed down through the Hydra Corps, no? I haven't seen much history on relics myself so this could just be what I thought when skimming those articles of lore SE used to put out.
By Necrosol 2012-07-25 15:44:52
Link | Citer | R

<npc> Welcome to the the Adoulin shipping inc. main office.
<you> I would like to go to Adoulin.
<npc> Oh i am sorry we dont ship people.
<you> Ok....../em walks away
<thug> psst i can get you on that ship for a price of 10000 gil. just stepthis way.
(wack) <you> is knocked out
<you> wake up in a shippng box with a glowing item around your neck.
/em bright flash of light <you> are shot up into the sky and throwen towards the open ocean.
<you> see land appear but you show no signs of slowing.
/em bam you crash head first in to a wall of a ruined fort.
Welcome to Adoulin
I think that will work. Sorry for mistakes on tablet so hard to type.
 Shiva.Francisco
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2012-07-25 15:50:32
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
I still want a boat ride where something tragic happens and you wash up onshore.

People gather at port, talk to the NPC, boat is permanently docked... every 2-3 minutes a boat departs, or whenever the queue fills up (say six people), a boat departs via cutscene...

Few minutes of typical boat ride stuff, cutscene... chaotic ***happens... epic familiar music starts...

5 minute timed BC on the boat w/ all passengers, but pretty much it's an autofail... against this guy...

Ship gets destroyed, you wash up on the shore somewhere... major villains of the expansion are identified as Cagnazzo, Scarmiglione, Barbariccia and Mf-cking Rubicante.

You'd all cream and you know it.
[+]
 Shiva.Alistaire
By Shiva.Alistaire 2012-07-25 15:53:02
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Francisco said: »
You'd all cream and you know it.

You sir, need to be hired by SE.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-07-25 16:02:49
Link | Citer | R

Unless there's a cutscene of us flying through the clouds like Superman and having wyverns drive by fire breath us, or Megashark from the abyss of the ocean jumping 15,000 feet in the air to bite our *** while narrowly escaping death, I have a hard time finding anything remotely exciting about a teleport.

Looks like my theory wasn't too far fetched after all, lol >.>

[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-07-25 16:05:54
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Francisco said: »

Can't they just make FF4:Online? I'd pay money.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-07-25 16:07:56
Link | Citer | R

none of this makes me want to play, in fact knowing that they began planning mid-2011 makes me even more glad I'm not
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2012-07-25 16:09:19
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »
this thread

Kinda late response: funny, but no, I didn't want the boat ride. Pro The Scar and others did.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-07-25 16:10:35
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
none of this makes me want to play, in fact knowing that they began planning mid-2011 makes me even more glad I'm not

I would have lied and said "ooooooo we were deeply into development before WoTG was even finished!"

>.>

<.<

>.>
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-07-25 16:17:01
Link | Citer | R

Unless there's a cutscene of us flying through the clouds like Superman and having wyverns drive by fire breath us, or Megashark from the abyss of the ocean jumping 15,000 feet in the air to bite our *** while narrowly escaping death, I have a hard time finding anything remotely exciting about a teleport.

Looks like my theory wasn't too far fetched after all, lol >.>

Wasn't the dragon attacking a ship in the original concept art of ffxi? I always remember seeing it when I installed the game.

Epic foreshadowing perhaps?
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-07-25 16:17:03
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »

there is next to nothing in that interview tbh. Besides the boatrage, the only major reveal was no emp/relic weapons.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-07-25 16:31:28
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow said: »
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »
this thread

Kinda late response: funny, but no, I didn't want the boat ride. Pro The Scar and others did.
I meant sorry as in using your avatar for this lol
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-07-25 16:50:35
Link | Citer | R

Why would it matter when they started development on this new expansion? It's A FULL DISC EXPANSION! Be happy we have it? Bitching about how you're "glad you're not playing anymore" really is odd, don't ya think?
By Enuyasha 2012-07-25 16:50:37
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
My amazement is in how long it took for SE to embrace the playerbase's take on NIN. They were adamantly against it at the start and now they're calling RNF the "3rd tank job" which I just find hilarious.
giving up because you cant control people isn't acceptance :<

SE has always been slowly curbing NIN back towards what its supposed to be. Same with SAM.

RNF being ability based is WWWAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY better than consumable tools again. And now they are adding enhancing skill too to further make it the PLD noone is ever going to use after the first week :<
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8