Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-06-23 02:14:22
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »
rdm is still relevant in the fact that VW no longer locks your merits into having all spells for procs. Now you can para2 slow2 5/5 again or dia 3 if you so choose and use it outside of VW/aby. New content will see a ton of strong mobs and I'm thinking a good para/slow build will be extremely useful.

See that's the main issue. They have always made HNMS immune or extremely resistant to slow and/or para and other spells. Maybe if they don't make new HNMs, etc like that, RDM will be good again in that set up.

But there are only so many slots to go around, and will have to wait to see if a geomancer would be worth bringing over a BRD, COR etc.

If GEO buffs are worth a damn you'll be stacking COR/BRD/GEO together for maximum buffage.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-23 02:14:36
Link | Citer | R

I want to replace my in game music with everything being played here tonight and tomorrow.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-23 02:15:14
Link | Citer | R

"adequately" =/= potency of merited spells. again. it's not going to be the same potency. it'll probably just be para 1 or 1.5 (like how jutsu t2 is "1.5" of that debuff, since overwritted by the T2 of that debuff (see hojo:ni vs slow 2))
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-23 02:15:17
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
geo para/slow will stack with others... They said all the geo abilities don't count as spell/song/roll, so why would the debuffs be different? Not to mention they aren't going to be the potency of merited spells. come on now.

If Geo can do the job adequately, why waste a slot. We also know nothing about GEO's merits.

Yeah, if Geo can para and slow, why bring a RDM to stack with them when you could bring another support job to give more haste, attack, etc?

Its late so I dont know if thats sarcasm or not, but yeah, say you have 2 slots for a support class, one of them is going to be a GEO, cuz everyone is going to want to play it, the other is going to be which: BRD, COR, or RDM? Thats not a hard question to answer.
 Sylph.Kimble
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-23 02:15:20
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »

See that's the main issue. They have always made HNMS immune or extremely resistant to slow and/or para and other spells. Maybe if they don't make new HNMs, etc like that, RDM will be good again in that set up.

Thus GEO/RDM? Perhaps they are attempting to make RDM at least subjob worth or... RDM/GEO... who knows the benefits until we know what traits and abilities are at what lvls.

I think RDM already has uses as a sub. If the development team is more worried about making a job useful as a sub rather then making them useful as a main job, we have a pretty big issue then.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-23 02:16:03
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
rdm is still relevant in the fact that VW no longer locks your merits into having all spells for procs. Now you can para2 slow2 5/5 again or dia 3 if you so choose and use it outside of VW/aby. New content will see a ton of strong mobs and I'm thinking a good para/slow build will be extremely useful.

But there are only so many slots to go around, and will have to wait to see if a geomancer would be worth bringing over a BRD, COR etc.

If GEO buffs are worth a damn you'll be stacking COR/BRD/GEO together for maximum buffage.

Yeah, and thus, making RDM not worth bringing, XD
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-23 02:17:45
Link | Citer | R

"adequately" =/= potency of merited spells. again. it's not going to be the same potency. it'll probably just be para 1 or 1.5 (like how jutsu t2 is "1.5" of that debuff, since overwritted by the T2 of that debuff (see hojo:ni vs slow 2))

I remember before (and this is what partly started RDM to be meh) was a lot of people saying that tier 2 para and slow was such a marginal increase that it was hardly worth it to use them over tier 1. Which is why people capped Phalanx II, etc.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-23 02:18:51
Link | Citer | R

Yeah your right. But "adequate" is enough to not bring a RDM. And since we are speculating, speculate on the merits of GEO. Safe bet that one of them is going to be "Geomancy Accuracy/Potency."
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-06-23 02:19:04
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Tsuneo said: »
RDM is in bad shape with or without a new job being added. I think most people are upset with the fact that their job is still broken and a new job is being added because I don't see how geomancer is hurting RDM anyway.

With GEO, RDM has now lost any chance of becoming an enhancer and is being further and further channeled into virtual obscurity.

Unless extraordinary enfeebling changes happen, other classes can do what RDM can while bringing other tricks to the table. BRD now has the capability to handle nigh any Refresh issues, BLU/DNC are superior jack of all trades melee, tanking is handled by DD or PLD and magery can be done by SCH packing Embrava and the same tools a RDM main has curewise.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-23 02:20:00
Link | Citer | R

beautiful, wish I could listen to her play these songs all day and just loop them forever.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-23 02:20:47
Link | Citer | R

This pianist is making me sleepy ~.~
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-23 02:20:53
Link | Citer | R

since they said Geo is gonna have little to no resists on their aura debuffs, I'm betting you they are gonna be super weak versions of said debuff. Like ice spike's para, which is crazy weak.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-23 02:21:32
Link | Citer | R

Ice Spikes para isn't that bad.
By Artemicion 2012-06-23 02:22:23
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said: »
beautiful, wish I could listen to her play these songs all day and just loop them forever.

Inorite! Well It's not the same as this performance, but there was a vanafest DVD release for the lil symphony they had held earlier. Just hope it gets localized and sold to those of us in the states or Europe. But I'm gonna keep a close eye on Square-Enix's music page and see what pops up. They never seem to disappoint in that department...

Well, almost never.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-23 02:22:58
Link | Citer | R

since they said Geo is gonna have little to no resists on their aura debuffs, I'm betting you they are gonna be super weak versions of said debuff. Like ice spike's para, which is crazy weak.

you really think they are going to go to all this trouble to implement two new jobs just so they can be "super weak?" Really dude?
 Valefor.Angeluzun
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2012-06-23 02:23:04
Link | Citer | R

yeah where is this coming from? unless you meant shock spikes...
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-23 02:23:50
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry Vic. Geo was only given debuffs right? It has b- and T4's for ele magic.. crazy buffs... the compass buff system.. oh but you're right. just debuffs, sorry.
 Siren.Nodem
user: Nodem
By Siren.Nodem 2012-06-23 02:24:08
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said: »

Inorite! Well It's not the same as this performance, but there was a vanafest DVD release for the lil symphony they had held earlier. Just hope it gets localized and sold to those of us in the states or Europe. But I'm gonna keep a close eye on Square-Enix's music page and see what pops up. They never seem to disappoint in that department...

Well, almost never.

I FREAKING LOVE THAT SONG! I don't care what other people think! It rocks!
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-23 02:24:15
Link | Citer | R

What?
By Artemicion 2012-06-23 02:25:05
Link | Citer | R

you really think they are going to go to all this trouble to implement two new jobs just so they can be "super weak?" Really dude?

Well, not necessarily "weak", but rather a possible compromise for the bypass of resistance. Having the previous potency of RDM debuffs with lack of resistance would be ridiculously OP as many are already speculating. Perhaps the line drawn in enfeebling between GEO & RDM will be a matter of potency vs. consistency.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-23 02:25:10
Link | Citer | R

I'm talking strictly the "aura" debuffs, since they will basically be unresistable.
 Odin.Tsuneo
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-23 02:25:27
Link | Citer | R

That ***would have been amazing as an instrumental.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-23 02:25:42
Link | Citer | R

Well, not necessarily "weak", but rather a possible compromise for the bypass of resistance. Having the previous potency of RDM debuffs with lack of resistance would be ridiculously OP as many are already speculating. Perhaps the line drawn in enfeebling between GEO & RDM will be a matter of potency vs. consistency.

THANK YOU.. See? he gets it...
By Artemicion 2012-06-23 02:26:58
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Nodem said: »

Well, almost never.

That's fair. It might be a breath of fresh air to many, but I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to the FF franchise, and to go from classical, melodic, harmonic and grandiose scores to...well, that... was nothing short of blasphemy to me.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-23 02:27:18
Link | Citer | R

They mentioned that the bypass in resistance was going to be somewhat universal, and they wanted to adjust the enfeeble system before putting the job in place so that the framework was down, or something. It doesn't have to compromise anything.

There's actually a very recent dev post about it: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/24537-Resistance-and-Enfeebling-Spell-Adjustments?p=327775#post327775
 Siren.Nodem
user: Nodem
By Siren.Nodem 2012-06-23 02:28:09
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Nodem said: »

Well, almost never.

That's fair. It might be a breath of fresh air to many, but I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to the FF franchise, and to go from classical, melodic, harmonic and grandiose scores to...well, that... was nothing short of blasphemy to me.

Like this one?

Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-23 02:28:51
Link | Citer | R

She should be done with her performance, next up is nomad mog bonanza finale and then the closing of Day 1.
By Artemicion 2012-06-23 02:30:57
Link | Citer | R

Ironically, 10 was never really in my book of favorites.
That's when I began to notice a steady decline in elements that made me cherish the franchise in the first place. But this is neither the time or place to discuss that. As long as they retain a sense of adventure, and a grand scale of storytelling within an equally vast and awe inspiring landscape, then I don't have too much to complain about, aside from minor fanboyish grievances.

But I will say Otherworld was, tasteful despite the drastic change in genre. It made for a fitting and valid intro and boss theme. But the ear piercing thrash metal chocobo with laughable lyrics was unjust IMO.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-23 02:31:57
Link | Citer | R

Ironically, 10 was never really in my book of favorites.
That's when I began to notice a steady decline in elements that made me cherish the franchise in the first place.
I feel the same way
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-06-23 02:33:30
Link | Citer | R

Puppetmaster was terrible on launch though the job sounded great on paper.
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 90 91 92