First Page 2 ... 90 91 92
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-14 01:53:50
Link | Citer | R

A decade of FINAL FANTASY XI deserves a fitting celebration and what better way to celebrate than to play host to a two-day event featuring huge announcements, in-depth retrospectives, future plans, and more things we can’t wait to reveal?

The North American Community Team will be broadcasting live from the event floor and relaying all of the hottest information from the dev. team panels and offering a breakdown of the exciting activities taking place to help spread the celebration across the globe! Even if you’re unable to see the entire show streamed live, we’ll be posting up videos online after the event!

VANA★FEST 2012 LIVE! (Japanese)

VanaFest 2012 -- Community Team Live!

North America (West Coast)
June 22, 2012: 5:30pm ~ 1:00am (PDT)
June 23, 2012: 5:30pm ~ 12:00am (PDT)

North America (East Coast)
June 22, 2012: 8:30pm ~ 4:00am (EDT)
June 23, 2012: 8:30pm ~ 3:00am (EDT)

London
June 23, 2012: 1:30am ~ 9:00am
June 24, 2012: 1:30am ~ 8:00am

Event Overview

NA Community Rep Team
From left to right: Bethany “Rukkirii” Stout, Paul “Okipuit” Malixi, Matt “Bayohne” Hilton, and Devin “Camate” Casadey

Matt “Bayohne” Hilton
I can’t believe FINAL FANTASY XI turned 10 this year! I’m excited to bring adventurers around the world the up-to-the-minute news as it happens at VanaFest 2012, just as we did previously in 2010. We’ve learned a lot since then and we’re excited to introduce things in a new and unique way, lots of video streaming, more behind-the-scenes and more fun teasers leading up to the show. Adventurers, be sure not to miss all the excitement of VanaFest 2012 because I can say… it’s going to be a big show!

Devin “Camate” Casadey
VanaFest 2010 was a blast and covering the entire event through social media was a lot of fun. This year, since it is the 10th year anniversary, we are kicking it up a notch and broadcasting live and I think it’s going to take this event to a whole new level. I’ll be doing my best to create a really fun and informative live stream so that even our player base back at home in North America can enjoy the event. Make sure to procure some snacks, get your friends together, and tune in, because VanaFest 2012 is going to be amazing and like never before!

Bethany “Rukkirii” Stout
Heya! Your favorite feline rep checking in from the North American Square Enix offices! I will be behind-the-scenes making sure that all of you get the VanaFest details quickly and efficiently.
I can’t wait to see what’s in store for FFXI and I hope you are too!

Paul “Okipuit” Malixi
Your newest Community Rep Okipuit here reporting for duty. I will be holding down the fort at the North American Square Enix headquarters to make sure all the VanaFest coverage is delivered to you in thorough detail and Sharpshot accuracy! We have a great event lined up for you and I’m really looking forward to getting everyone hyped-up as I am for the announcements to come!

Event Schedule
Take a look at the current schedule of events along with their time table in other regions! As you can see, there’s going to be some fun stuff to see and hear about, so use this to help plan which segments of the show you want to see most, so you don’t miss them!

Live Coverage

Camate and Bayohne will be live streaming the events of VanaFest 2012, covering the big announcements and taking a behind-the-scenes look at the show floor. On the day of the event, we’ll have two streams active. The Japanese stream will cover the main stage events throughout and will be presented in Japanese only, but will be very useful to follow along with and enjoy the musical performances! The Community Team will be providing updates during that time in as-real-time-as-possible on Twitter and forums. The English video stream will host live reports that summarize the announcements after they’re completed and may include some special guests!

Some of the foods they are offering at Vanafest:
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-14 01:53:56
Link | Citer | R

VanaFest Notes and Tweets

Special Talk Session: Day 1
Director Mizuki Ito, Associate Director Yoji Fujito, and planners Yoshitsugu Saito and Masaru Taniguchi were on hand to discuss the new expansion currently under development, as well as future planned job adjustments during two special talk sessions.
* All content announced is still under development and subject to change.

A new expansion, entitled Seekers of Adoulin, was revealed to be under development!

Westward Ho, Adventurers!
The action will unfold on Ulbuka, an enigmatic continent located far to the west of the Middle Lands.
- To protect each other's interests and defend against the evil forces that assault them, the mainland and its surrounding islands have banded together to form the Sacred City of Adoulin Alliance.

Click images to enlarge

INEI Inc. Kenichiro Tomiyasu

Reclaim the Land!
The majority of Ulbuka's lands consist of vast wilderness, which ambitious adventurers from around the world have come to explore.
New light shines on the continent's history with each tree felled, each outpost built, and each secret spot uncovered. Make sure to keep your eyes peeled for danger however, for who knows when you may accidentally stumble upon a monster's lair! With so many treasures veiled behind exotic landscapes, harrowing skirmishes waiting around every corner, and quests begging to be undertaken, it's not just Ulbuka that will be evolving, but those who explore it as well!

Guilds, Guilds, Guilds!
A number of adventurers' guilds thrive in Adoulin, lending support to players in their quest to settle the land and expand their influence.

New Job: Geomancer!
Harnessing the elemental energies that course through Vana'diel's veins in ways that no sorcerer can, geomancers both aid their comrades-in-arms and teach their foes how deadly the forces of nature can be.

- By creating extensive fields of beneficial energy around themselves for their allies to enter, they support the whole party.
- The ability to place luopans (temporary name) where their brethren stand helps impart various beneficial effects upon them.
- Their job trait Polarity (temporary name) allows geomancers to receive different bonuses to their elemental magic spells depending on the direction they face when casting.
- Geomancers employ a new style of elemental magic that affects areas surrounding their comrades and is greatly enhanced by Polarity.

In case you were unable to attend VanaFest, you can view the Seekers of Adoulin trailer on the official expansion site.

Special Talk Session: Day 2

Director Mizuki Ito, Associate Director Yoji Fujito, and planners Yoshitsugu Saito and Masaru Taniguchi were on hand to discuss the new expansion currently under development, as well as future planned job adjustments during two special talk sessions.
* All content announced is still under development and subject to change.

Instance Dungeons
Those seekers who are able to reconstruct statues from assorted fragments scattered throughout the Ulbukan wilds may just find that they affect the fearsomeness of their foes, the size of the environs, the amount of reapable rewards and other aspects of these perilous dungeons.

Back at the Ranch
Each adventurer will have their own plot of land on which to fish, grow crops, mine for minerals, raise and shear sheep, and indulge in other pastoral pursuits after a hard day of fighting fiends in primeval forests.

New Job: Rune Fencer!
Quick with a blade as well as an incantation, these versatile duelists employ the power of arcane runes to sway the tide of battle both offensively and defensively.

- Their exceptional magic defense and elemental resistance put them squarely in the tank category, along with paladins and ninjas.
- Two broad categories round out their runic arsenal:
- Element-based runes add elemental damage to attacks and increase resistance to certain elements.
- Enchantment-based runes increase either the fencer's attacking prowess or their ability to defend.
- Rune fencers will possess versatile abilities like one that cuts the duration of the next enhancing magic spell cast on them by half, but in turn amplifies the spell's effect 1.5 times, and another that erects a barrier that reduces magic damage.

Job Adjustments
Various job adjustments scheduled to be implemented in 2012 were also announced.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-14 01:54:02
Link | Citer | R

"Seekers of Adoulin" Notes
Discussion Topic

- Adoulin is an island situated to the west of the Middle Lands, across the Sea of Zafmlug.

- Adoulin is likely a part of the far west continent Ulbuka.

- Adoulin is in good relations with San d'Oria.

- It is home to Achtelle, one of the freelances in WotG campaign battles

Maruna-Kurina's notes on Achtelle reveal this:
Achtelle is a young Elvaan wyverness from Adoulin Isle to the west, the proud keeper-weepers of the last of the dragoon tradition. The draketamers there herald her as the most skilled of their order.

- a community of dragoons thrive in Adoulin unlike in the Middle Lands.

- Vhino Delkahngo, a campaign battle commander for Windurst, hails from the west, though it isn't specifically said where.

- The exorcists Roger, Gertrude and Brian who appear during Harvest Festival (Halloween) seasonal events hail from Ulbuka.

- Roger has talked about Adoulin before, claiming that there are libraries there that rival Windurst's. This supports the assumption that Adoulin is in Ulbuka.

- Ulbuka has a distinctly Native American influence to it, as evidenced by equipment and items that originate from the region, such as the Bison Jacket set and Totem Pole.

Siren.Stunx
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-06-14 02:03:43
Link | Citer | R

what is that under her boobs? a belt?
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-14 02:08:29
Link | Citer | R

Looks like it. Still an attractive woman though :P.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-06-14 02:11:46
Link | Citer | R

She looks like a meth addict, teeth and all.
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-14 02:12:49
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »

How can you even tell from such a tiny picture? Damn dude lol. That just sounds all kinds of wrong.
 Asura.Fondue
Serveur: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-06-14 02:13:03
Link | Citer | R

what was she thinking when she put that belt on... or is it attached to the shirt
 Siren.Stunx
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-06-14 02:13:56
Link | Citer | R

what does a boob belt do?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-14 02:14:34
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Stunx said: »
what is that under her boobs? a belt?

Yep, you need to walk outside more often :p
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
Serveur: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-06-14 02:14:35
Link | Citer | R

we need a bigger picture

edit: googling came up with a bunch of pictures of michelle obama

confusion increased
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2012-06-14 02:17:11
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Looks like it. Still an attractive woman though :P.

[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-14 02:19:56
Link | Citer | R

google -> high waist belt

God, why do I know this stuff :<
GF is a fashion-***.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ustav
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2012-06-14 02:32:18
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
google -> high waist belt

God, why do I know this stuff :<
GF is a fashion-***.
just come out of the closet kv!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-14 02:33:00
Link | Citer | R

Do I make you proud?
 Cerberus.Ustav
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2012-06-14 02:38:34
Link | Citer | R

You have no idea =D
 Leviathan.Zaknafien
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Angrymog
By Leviathan.Zaknafien 2012-06-14 02:42:53
Link | Citer | R

I rather like the belt around her waist. NES controller ftw.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-06-14 03:52:42
Link | Citer | R

She'd be a lot thinner if she was a meth addict. Maybe coke. The belt needs to go.

Michael Kors and Heidi would have a fit if they saw this!

Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-14 04:14:01
Link | Citer | R

Figured comments would be about the girl instead of the event.

I'm sad I can't watch the live stream cause it happens while I'm fast asleep :( will have to watch the recorded broadcast.
[+]
By Moonwalkerv 2012-06-14 04:38:13
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »

She'd be a lot thinner if she was a meth addict. Maybe coke. The belt needs to go.

Michael Kors and Heidi would have a fit if they saw this!

Maybe she just does exercise and eats right? Looks like a normal girl to me, apart from horrid fashion sense.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-14 15:36:09
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Figured comments would be about the girl instead of the event.

I'm sad I can't watch the live stream cause it happens while I'm fast asleep :( will have to watch the recorded broadcast.
I'm sure watching the summary videos they release after the event will be just as good. It's going to be impossible to follow the japanese & english streamings as well as the twitter feed, so having summary videos for everyone to watch who missed the event will be very nice to have.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-22 05:36:25
Link | Citer | R

VanaFest 2012: Behind the Scenes Setup

Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-22 05:45:15
Link | Citer | R

Relaxed because he knows he's going to *** us all over in <24 hours.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-22 06:08:59
Link | Citer | R

Oh man, it must be so awesome to be there for this event. I know I would be excited like a little girl in an amusement park for the first time.
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-06-22 06:22:36
Link | Citer | R

Those belts are for 2 reasons.

1.Messed up fashion sense usually.

2.To push their *** up

Know plenty of girls that do this,and its first hand info from them
 Bahamut.Itze
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2012-06-22 06:48:51
Link | Citer | R

Misc items. If anyone cares to translate.
Lot-o-random.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-22 06:51:28
Link | Citer | R

Wuz dis?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-22 06:52:52
Link | Citer | R

Ebon Tower in the realm of Oblivion, probably where Tanaka roosts.
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2012-06-22 06:53:23
Link | Citer | R

All of it, I want it :o

I see a water bottle, trading cards maybe? some music CDs...
 Bahamut.Itze
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2012-06-22 06:59:24
Link | Citer | R

I post any more news before work if it isn't posted already that is. And for the love of god someone record the stream. I'll gladly give you chocolate kisses.
First Page 2 ... 90 91 92