VanaFest 2012: Celebrating a Decade of FFXI
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 90 91 92
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-22 23:34:09
Link | Citer | R

it seems like this expansion is solely aimed at killing rdm, lol. A support class that specializes in enhancing/enfeebling and what looks to be an offensive spellcaster.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-06-22 23:34:25
Link | Citer | R

Mystic knight looks like a definite possibility:

From Final Fantasy V

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Mystic_Knight_%28Final_Fantasy_V%29

Job Command - Spellblade
Innate Abilities - Magic Shell
Equipment - Knives, Sword

The Mystic Knight's Spellblade allows the Mystic Knight to charge their sword with a spell. Status effect charged blades will incur that status 100% of the time as long as the attack connects, and attack-charged blades will do high damage, ignoring Defense to monsters weak to that element (or in Bio, Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga and Holy Sword's case, even instantly kill any non-heavy enemy it hits), or just plain high damage in the case of Flare Sword. Even better, the effect lasts until the end of battle. Magic Shell casts Shell automatically on the Mystic Knight when they are in critical
By Ophannus 2012-06-22 23:34:30
Link | Citer | R

Vikings were mentioned before too in WOTG when the teaser site was describing the origin of Gnoles.
[+]
 Cerberus.Melodi
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Melodi 2012-06-22 23:34:32
Link | Citer | R

Aww I want to win a PC ; ;
 Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget
By Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget 2012-06-22 23:34:54
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
So what happened with PS2

crossposting this from another thread

Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget said: »
>release a standalone PS3-specific version
>offer a free trade in program for PS2 users to receive a free copy of the PS3 version, or if they want, the 360 or PC.
>cut support for the PS2 version
>everyone is happy

if thats not good enough, then enjoy being left out on all the new content coming out because you aren't willing to be weened off of hardware that was obsolete when Y2K was still a household term.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-22 23:34:58
Link | Citer | R

Do I see Phoenix on the Amano art thing?
[+]
 Asura.Jaclyn
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Jaclyn 2012-06-22 23:35:45
Link | Citer | R

I agree with Tanama! It is going to be Mystic Knight.
 Asura.Justinmx
Serveur: Asura
user: Justinmx
By Asura.Justinmx 2012-06-22 23:36:08
Link | Citer | R

Yggdrasil huh? This could be interesting...
By Xenshi 2012-06-22 23:36:35
Link | Citer | R

Also,if you watch the trailer for the new expansion, at about 1:04 if you pause it, there's a name, Yggdrasill, which is the Norse tree of life. It's Viking!! Finally will we see a better tie in with Odin though?

[+]
By Artemicion 2012-06-22 23:37:13
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Do I see Phoenix on the Amano art thing?

I think it might be something else, if they want to keep it's lore specific to the far east and remain as a sleeping deity embodied in Tenzen's sword. Perhaps these are along the lines of "legendary beasts" native to this new continent, as they seem to be following a rather feral atmosphere and theme within the expansion.
By Ophannus 2012-06-22 23:37:21
Link | Citer | R

Meh, even though it says Northlands, never know!
[+]
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2012-06-22 23:37:50
Link | Citer | R

Yggdrasil is one of my favorite myths so I'm pretty excited about that.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-22 23:38:23
Link | Citer | R

I created a topic for players to ask questions for the community reps to read so they don't have to go through this huge topic to find any.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31460/
By Artemicion 2012-06-22 23:40:37
Link | Citer | R

Ophannus said: »

Very interesting! I'm curious how you got your hands on that pic considering the promotional blurbs are rather dated. Anyways, it's very possible to tie in the story by saying the surviving vikings that managed to escape the curse of becoming Gnoles, emigrated southwest as refugees.
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2012-06-22 23:41:17
Link | Citer | R

Xenshi said: »
Finally will we see a better tie in with Odin though?

I doubt it. I mean Fenrir is in the game and he doesn't kill Odin like in the myth.
By Artemicion 2012-06-22 23:42:45
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero said: »
Finally will we see a better tie in with Odin though?

I doubt it. I mean Fenrir is in the game and he doesn't kill Odin like in the myth.

Most mythos made reference to are relatively vague and stand alone without alienating or conflicting in the actual mythology. So my guess is the whole Yggdrasil will stand on it's own story platform without conflicting with Odin or Fenrir, as they have no direct relation or ties with each other (in game that is).
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-06-22 23:43:16
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Tanama said: »
Mystic knight looks like a definite possibility:

From Final Fantasy V

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Mystic_Knight_%28Final_Fantasy_V%29

Job Command - Spellblade
Innate Abilities - Magic Shell
Equipment - Knives, Sword

The Mystic Knight's Spellblade allows the Mystic Knight to charge their sword with a spell. Status effect charged blades will incur that status 100% of the time as long as the attack connects, and attack-charged blades will do high damage, ignoring Defense to monsters weak to that element (or in Bio, Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga and Holy Sword's case, even instantly kill any non-heavy enemy it hits), or just plain high damage in the case of Flare Sword. Even better, the effect lasts until the end of battle. Magic Shell casts Shell automatically on the Mystic Knight when they are in critical
The problem with Mystic Knight is that the signature ability, en- spells, were given to RDM.

That doesn't go without saying that signature GEO abilities weren't given to SCH. Because they were. So, I can't ignore MK anymore than I can ignore BSK. I just think the silhouette more closely seems ... "animally" than what I'd consider of a MK, which would be something very close to a PLD.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-06-22 23:43:21
Link | Citer | R

It's not an expansion unless Odin is in it.

He's been apart of every single expansion.
By Artemicion 2012-06-22 23:44:54
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
It's not an expansion unless Odin is in it.

He's been apart of every single expansion.

It's been many years since I finished my expansions, and honestly I have yet to finish WotG. I only recall him having direct relevance in ToAU. Would you be willing to spoiler or PM his involvement in RoZ, CoP and WotG?
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-06-22 23:44:57
Link | Citer | R

Also,if you watch the trailer for the new expansion, at about 1:04 if you pause it, there's a name, Yggdrasill, which is the Norse tree of life. It's Viking!! Finally will we see a better tie in with Odin though?

Artemicion said: »

Very interesting! I'm curious how you got your hands on that pic considering the promotional blurbs are rather dated. Anyways, it's very possible to tie in the story by saying the surviving vikings that managed to escape the curse of becoming Gnoles, emigrated southwest as refugees.

I'm willing to buy this as evidence for Viking. :O
By Ophannus 2012-06-22 23:45:41
Link | Citer | R

inb4 a 4th set of endgame 'ultimate weapons' in a year based on this expansion i'm calling them "Fable Weapons"
[+]
By Xenshi 2012-06-22 23:47:34
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Artemicion 2012-06-22 23:47:46
Link | Citer | R

inb4 a 4th set of endgame 'ultimate weapons' in a year based on this expansion i'm calling them "Fable Weapons"

Might sound silly, but I'm kinda sick of plethoras of armor and weapons being introduced in their own mediums with subsequent trials to enhance them. I kinda hope they make something along the lines of "ancient recipes" that unlock unique crafted items of immense power and utility.
Plus I'm dying to see greater relevance in crafting again.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-22 23:48:49
Link | Citer | R

Well these jobs are going to have to wear some kind of armor.
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2012-06-22 23:48:52
Link | Citer | R

It looks like a rather huge weapon in the silhouette of the 2nd job to be one handing, wonder if that is just an artistic flair or it'll really be a one hander job
 Bahamut.Airget
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Airget
By Bahamut.Airget 2012-06-22 23:50:13
Link | Citer | R

http://www.playonline.com/ff11/adoulin/index.html

You have to look at the outline though, in the front image you see a blade wielding fighter and what looks to be a burst of magical energy emanating from his hand. Then in the back image you see a female fight that seems to be infusing the magical energy into her blade which would suggest a mystic knight/spellblade like class.
 Bismarck.Leonkasai
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Leonkasai
By Bismarck.Leonkasai 2012-06-22 23:50:49
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero said: »
It looks like a rather huge weapon in the silhouette of the 2nd job to be one handing, wonder if that is just an artistic flair or it'll really be a one hander job
Maybe we'll finally get the Monkey Grip job trait and they can one-hand two-handed weapons? :O
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-06-22 23:51:38
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Airget said: »
You have to look at the outline though, in the front image you see a blade wielding fighter and what looks to be a burst of magical energy emanating from his hand. Then in the back image you see a female fight that seems to be infusing the magical energy into her blade which would suggest a mystic knight/spellblade like class.

If this is the case, I hope they do it right. Back in 2002, I had thought this would essentially be RDM's role, but in reality, it was just simple and disappointing en-spells.
 Remora.Brain
Serveur: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2012-06-22 23:52:17
Link | Citer | R

Since when has Geomancy involved weather and not terrain? This whole thing about comparing SCH and Geomancy is pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

SCH steps on Geomancer/Elementalist's toes as hard as BLM does SMN's.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-06-22 23:52:19
Link | Citer | R

Crafting was meant to be a factor in relics. They kind of underestimated crafters for that one I think.

Plus if you want to see a rebirth to crafting, it's gotta be in a more impactful sphere than endgame weapons. Relics already have that factor and the effect is negligible.
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 90 91 92