Do BLMS Still Latent?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Do BLMS still latent?
Do BLMS still latent?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-04 06:49:32
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Also just FYI, you _can_ macro stuff in\out of satchel\sack with the use of itemizer, it just takes like a second to move a piece of gear.
So used well with autoexec you can pretty much fully automaticly move obis from satchel\sack to inv and back as needed based on day\weather.
Didn't know that.
 Carbuncle.Jsbahamut
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: JSbahamut
By Carbuncle.Jsbahamut 2012-06-04 06:50:40
Link | Citer | R

While I agree that Sorcerer still has situational uses when other sets aren't needed, -HP build really isn't the set you want to buy/farm first, since OP seemed to be re-gearing BLM.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2012-06-04 07:00:52
Link | Citer | R

-HP set doesn't cost you anything really. Never really was in the situation where those extra 25% hp would have helped me.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-04 07:03:25
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said: »
-HP set doesn't cost you anything really. Never really was in the situation where those extra 25% hp would have helped me.

Oh I have, lots of times :P
Unlucky mpk from a triggerhappy COR or RNG that stands in the mages when fana is down on Pil and stuff like that :D
Also when solo-blm on KS99 turtle I find some extra survival-tools handy, as pulling hate is pretty much impossible to avoid.
Ofc I can only list a few situations, but they'r there!
I can also imagine BLM in dynamis would benefit greatly from some extra hp now and then :P
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2012-06-04 15:23:49
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Jsbahamut said: »
On the topic of VoidWatch BLM damage, I have seen BLM being top DD, outside of Botulus/Gaunab. Parses or it didn't happen? I do have them, a lot of them. Feel free to PM. Also, no, the other DDs didn't suck either. BLM potential in VW is greatly underestimated really.

BLMs in VW win parses because they (we) are dumbasses. Nuking in full potency gear for procs. How many damn times have you seen a VW mob drop like a sack of potatoes without all lights capped because BLMs are trying to proc by blasting away T4/AM2/Aga3/Ajas for 8k+ damage every element clue for one proc? Good lord, until lights cap I nuke in -PDT gear and the dominant element staff (read: ice for wind, fire for ice, etc) just to get the proc to happen with minimal damage. Then when lights are capped, let loose.

You don't see Melees going crazy from the start of a VW fight unless they are a dumbass. The good ones pace their damage to ensure all procs are made. Why blms can't do this as well is beyond me.

So take off your potency gear until you finish your procs, get that part of your job done, then unleash hell. Don't try and be the big boom on campus in that setting.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2012-06-04 15:27:17
Link | Citer | R

<--- Guilty of being a dumbass meele :P. You dont have to have an Ukon to be a dumbass you just need to be a drk with a badass ws set lol