Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-07 09:14:51
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
The newer things are double that, prime example why calling everything 119 is stupid
I just can't wrap my head around the stats. There's just so many numbers to compare now. I'm thankful there exist guides where (presumably) people have done all of the legwork already, and at least Prothescar is still around to maintain this one.

I'm probably still a long way off from even attempting any endgame stuff. I just figured I'd cash in a few Silver Vouchers since the experience campaign ended, and that was one of my rewards from a Mars Orb. I saw it and the "magic damage" on it, and wasn't sure if maybe it would be a good starting point for building a set for cleaving.

EDIT: Also intimidating is I don't really know where to begin. Like, that item looks really strong for cleaving, but I'd guess Kalunga and Sheol-Gaol in general are miles above anything I can contribute to right now. That's why I was wondering if the sword I do have had any value: maybe I could use it as a stepping stone to at least get some Job Points on my road to end-game content. Or maybe there's another sword (or even wand or staff or something) that's 10x stronger that's even easier to obtain.

Like I said a big first thing to do would be to start doing daily domain invasion and saving up points for a Colada. That will cover you for physical things for a while and can serve as a hybrid weapon with good enough augments. Ambu club + jhakri and some basic escha clubs as mentioned will get you where you need to be to start cleaving some things. Naegling/Kaja sword is actually fine for cleaving too and serves the purpose of being your best main hand until and even after (in some situations) Tizona.
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-01-07 15:47:24
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Naegling/Kaja sword is actually fine for cleaving too and serves the purpose of being your best main hand until and even after (in some situations) Tizona.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-07 17:06:55
Link | Citer | R

Sadly SE *** up, I hate it too.
By Lederic 2022-01-07 18:48:59
Link | Citer | R

What's the best skillchain to spam assuming a R15 Tizona/Thibron?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-07 19:24:01
Link | Citer | R

Spam? Savage > Expiacion is a nice (Distortion?) Skillchain. You can 4 step double light with CA, but that's not consistent.
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-01-07 19:39:00
Link | Citer | R

we are stuck with savage blade -> expiacion = distortion (-> requiescat but the last step isn't worth it most of the time) or
requiescat -> expiacion = darkness.

if you want to you can mix in chain affinity for something like
(optiona requiscat ->) savage blade -> CA + some fusion spell (thrashing assault, goblin rush or final sting for example) -> chant du cygne for double light.
however i'm not a fan of CA cause it hit's like a wet noodle and uses up all TP so it's kinda iffy if you get enough TP for the finisher.

if you feel fancy and play with a somewhat predictable trust like selh'teus (he'll try to follow up your WS with a fusion or light WS once he's over 2000 TP) you can also try:
savage blade -> expiacion -> revelation (selh'theus) -> savage blade -> chant du cygne = double light.
i think you can start with savage blade when he's at around 1200 or 1400 TP, maybe depends on buffs. if he's higher you might want to skip savage blade and start with expiacion.
you could also start with chant du cygne but then it becomes a gamble wether he'll follow of with revelation for fusion or luminous lance for light so i recommend you stick to expiacion.
also be mentaly prepared that qualtada will ruin your day when ever he gets the chance to.
[+]
By Lederic 2022-01-08 19:19:57
Link | Citer | R

Thanks guys.

Also anyone have a list of the best BLU spells to set for a Tizona/Thibron solo BLU? I guess I am assuming /RDM
By Shichishito 2022-01-08 20:02:52
Link | Citer | R

most of the time you'll be /war although /drg probably becomes a good option too.

soloing on BLU is all about adapting your spell set to the situation. you can read up basic spell sets in the blu guide under spell sets but you'll always have to do some research on what your targets strengths are in order to adjust your spell set for best results.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-09 01:01:16
Link | Citer | R

Lederic said: »
Thanks guys.

Also anyone have a list of the best BLU spells to set for a Tizona/Thibron solo BLU? I guess I am assuming /RDM

Depends what you're doing. AOE gathering? Set survival and crowd control spells (Entomb, Magic Fruit, Occultation, Diamondhide maybe, Barrier Tusk if not subbing RDM, Dream Flower). Soloing one particular monster that is vulnerable to stun? Sudden lunge is invaluable. Keeping trusts alive? White Wind. Need more DPS? Nature's Meditation and Tenebral Crush. Does it cast magic? Set silent storm it Auroral Drape.

You really are in charge of deciding what you need to set for the occasion. The front page give some good ideas. All of the work might already be done if you just look there for the suggested spell sets.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-01-14 07:21:31
Link | Citer | R

This guide was written recently enough that the spells in the OP are still pretty much what you should aim for. Add cruel joke to that list and you’re likely good.
By Shichishito 2022-01-21 15:08:56
Link | Citer | R

do self-destructs and/or final strings damage the player takes get affected by -dt equipment midcast?
does the damage taken reduce the casters enmity?

assuming the BLU has 2000 max HP a cure bomb from PLD (no clue how how much a PLD can cure for, probably needs 2-3 casts of Cure IV i assume?)should generate about ~470 Cumulative Enmity and ~2820 Volatile Enmity (please correct me if the math is wrong) maybe more if the PLD has +enmity in his cure set?

how does it compare to other hate tools? would that be a viable strat to cement hate on PLD at the start of a battle?
By Nariont 2022-01-21 15:17:42
Link | Citer | R

self-destruct would put you in a weakened state so the cure enmity generated would be lower. Final sting will always set your HP to 1, and its range is short, so you could easily get flattened after. Honestly if you just wanted some kind of cure target HP swaps would do the job just as well and not cost you a slot/possible death, which the pld could do to himself just as easily.
By Shichishito 2022-01-21 15:59:00
Link | Citer | R

obviously you wouldn't do this vs a mob that auto attacks with AoE moves like iron giants or magic ga happy spammers. most other scenarios should be kind of save at round start as you have to feed them TP befor it becomes a threat and there are also tools like stoneskin and shadows.

the argument for HP swaps is valid and if everyone in the party participated combined with PLDs new AoE heals should result in quite a significant enmity spike. considering how many new tanks struggle with enmity it should be etiquette by now, just like it's etiquette to use -dt instead of glass cannon TP sets. thing is i've never seen it done probably cause it would require all 6 players of a party to cooperate while the final sting approach just needs the BLU and PLD to cooperate.

still leaves open the question if it could be used as a enmity reduction tool.

part of me just can't believe there is no practical use for a spell they basically implemented twice other than a ghetto bloodwarp, especially when they argument with PS2 limitations and a finite amount of spells they can add when you ask them about new BLU spells.
By Nariont 2022-01-21 16:17:28
Link | Citer | R

it was made for fun far as I can tell, far as enmity goes aoe healing is only really strong on single targets, hate being split amongst targets on hate list will greatly devalue the hate gained from doing so. As for single targets you shouldnt have too many issues depending on just how quickly your DDs pump the gas.

As for enmity reduction i dont see how itd do so, its still damage, and its still a phys spell in the case of FS, using souleater doesnt lower your enmity value, simply increases due to the added dmg gained
By Shichishito 2022-01-21 16:43:12
Link | Citer | R

i thought it was part of the enmity mechanic that you lose enmity when taking damage but i can't find anything about it on the bgwiki enmity page.

however there are Beguiling collar with "boosts enmity decrease when taking damage" and yngvi choker with "boosts enmity decrease +8". maybe the damage must be dealt by the mob in order for this to work, but unless that's already known it might be worth testing for stuff like final sting or souleater.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-01-21 16:49:12
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
i thought it was part of the enmity mechanic that you lose enmity when taking damage but i can't find anything about it on the bgwiki enmity page.

however there are Beguiling collar with "boosts enmity decrease when taking damage" and yngvi choker with "boosts enmity decrease +8". maybe the damage must be dealt by the mob in order for this to work, but unless that's already known it might be worth testing for stuff like final sting or souleater.

It’s on there:
Quote:
Enmity Loss
Cumulative Enmity Loss

Damage Taken: CE Loss = 1800 × Damage Taken ÷ Maximum HP
Taking damage while under the effect of Mana Wall : CE Loss = 180 per hit
Utsusemi Shadow Image Lost: CE Loss = 25
Being Enfeebled (Including Resists): CE Loss = 80

Volatile Enmity Loss

Aside from enmity resets, there is no known way to lose VE apart from decay over time. VE decays at a rate of -60 per second.

So if your HP is 2000, and you get hot for 1000 dmg, it would be
1800*1000 = 1,800,000
1,800,000/2000 = 900
So you’d lose 900 total CE
VE is only lost over time decay
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
Serveur: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-01-27 10:05:12
Link | Citer | R

Ignore.
By Shichishito 2022-01-27 11:11:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
Ignore.
no, spit it out!
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-01-31 07:54:49
Link | Citer | R

Whats everyone using now for Savage Blade with Odyssey gear in the mix? (Atk capped situation)
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-01-31 12:45:07
Link | Citer | R

The set in the OP is pretty much it (up to date). Gleti's Body/Legs... others as you deem needed.
By Benu 2022-02-16 00:13:08
Link | Citer | R

Anyone got an up to date DPS Spreadsheet to share?
By SimonSes 2022-02-16 05:19:44
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
The set in the OP is pretty much it (up to date). Gleti's Body/Legs... others as you deem needed.

R25 Nyame Flanchard are better than Gleti's legs now, so just Gleti's Body.
 Gilgamesh.Daviant
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: daviant
By Gilgamesh.Daviant 2022-02-17 16:45:49
Link | Citer | R

With the new gearsets on the main post, at what point are the Nyami/Gleti pieces better than what was previously the dream tier set?
 Gilgamesh.Daviant
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: daviant
By Gilgamesh.Daviant 2022-02-17 16:45:50
Link | Citer | R

With the new gearsets on the main post, at what point are the Nyami/Gleti pieces better than what was previously the dream tier set?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-02-17 17:18:17
Link | Citer | R

Do you mean at what augment rank would nyame/Gleti be better then what was previously posted in the guide?

I don't know what was posted previously but should not be that hard to look at it and compared to nyame/Gleti as you rank it up. Especially for WS like Savage blade/Expiacion
By Shichishito 2022-02-18 11:24:56
Link | Citer | R

haven't seen any job adjustments in a while, is there even any other job untouched? only good reason i can imagine they didn't adjust BLU yet is cause we get new spells from the upcoming expansion.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-02-18 12:12:00
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
haven't seen any job adjustments in a while, is there even any other job untouched? only good reason i can imagine they didn't adjust BLU yet is cause we get new spells from the upcoming expansion.

Why do you think we’re getting a new expansion?
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2022-02-18 12:28:16
Link | Citer | R

From memory (and a quick glance through update notes) it look like mnk/rdm/whm/blm/pld/bst/smn/brd/rng/nin/drg/pup/dnc/sch have got adjustments to varying degrees?

That still leaves war, thf, sam, drk, cor and blu. As well as run and geo I guess, but doubt those are getting anything really.

I could have missed/forgotten some though (and some of those mentioned were basically just giving us merit spells/JA for free and nothing else).

EDIT: We also had a pdif adjustment for scythes if you wanna count that for DRK, and the dia/bio light/dark shot adjustments for COR.
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-02-18 13:22:25
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Why do you think we’re getting a new expansion?
where else would the voracious resurgence storyline lead to? they've been teasing something big coming for 20th anniversary for a while.

Asura.Chendar said: »
That still leaves war, thf, sam, drk, cor and blu. As well as run and geo I guess, but doubt those are getting anything really.
of the jobs listed GEO, BLU and probably THF aren't in a good place and need adjustments imho, i don't see why they shouldn't be adressed.
not sure about SAM or DRK but all 4 heavy DD seem to be in high demand for odyssey. RUN is imho in a good place and COR already was pre adjustments.
First Page 2 3 ... 421 422 423 ... 446 447 448