The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 420 421 422 ... 445 446 447
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2021-12-02 12:49:21
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have a sense for how viable BLU evasion or otherwise tanking is for atonement 3 and 4 in Odyssey? I've got a BLU, RDM, and WHMorTHF for actual people but we've just begun Odyssey and are looking to plan out killing Ngai, Mboze, and Bumba.

I think I can swing the WHM/THF into a BRD or PUP without large amounts of effort and also has a BLM. The RDM is also a RNG and the plan is to pick up SMN unless it needs to be a PLD or RUN for this content. The BLU wants to see how far he can flex the job and I'm behind it, also a BLM.

I know that's a lot of head space to drop. The biggest question is if there is a particular job BLU needs as support to accomplish tanking goals like BRD for mambos?
By Crossbones 2021-12-02 13:08:32
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like a bunch of hipster moves destined to end in failure but if you wanted to do that I'd suggest stacking defense buffs with cocoon rather than evasion. Idk what to say about blm, it's a total trash job only good for a couple fights, good luck trying to shoe horn that into your comps.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-12-02 14:53:05
Link | Citer | R

Half of them spam dispels so I expect it to go very poorly. Even the ones that don't tend to be heavy on magic damage anyway.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-12-02 15:18:13
Link | Citer | R

BLU works fine on Ngai, you don't need a tank for that anyway and Maxentius blu can deal respectable blunt dmg.

Also good for Mboze for the TP denial strat. Can work for the normal pld zerg strat but not as strong of a choice as war DRK Sam.

Wouldn't bring blu to any of the others. Maybe Kalunga if you have no chance of bringing a Sam, war, DRK but that's a big maybe.

You will not replace a tank for the fights that actually use one.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2021-12-02 16:52:29
Link | Citer | R

Thank you very much for the info
 Bismarck.Nekhekh
Serveur: Bismarck
user: nekhekh
By Bismarck.Nekhekh 2021-12-03 12:58:11
Link | Citer | R

Dumb question. What does the uncapped and capped refer to with these sets or other sets for that matter?

BLU Savage Attack Ca

*Rosmerta’s STR/WSD
**Empty ammo is Crepuscular Pebble

BLU Savage Uncapped

*Rosmerta’s STR/WSD
**Max augments assumed

Is it referring to r0 vs r15?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-12-03 13:21:25
Link | Citer | R

capped attack vs uncapped attack. at capped attack you benefit from the extra PDL, with uncapped attack it does nothing
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-03 13:30:06
Link | Citer | R

Capped attack means that you have so much attack or the monster has so little defense, that no more attack stats will increase your damage at all. So the sets substitute certain pieces for Physical Damage Limit (PDL) pieces instead. The Physical Damage Limit Trait allows jobs who hit the attack cap to bypass that cap using the appropriate gear. So WS sets have an added set you should be using when you meet the conditions.

In recent years, we've gotten quite a few increases in PDL gear and traits, and nearly everybody runs things with maximum buffs via Geo brd Cor, so its now necessary to carry two sets for your weapon skills, one when attack capped and when not capped.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-03 15:04:30
Link | Citer | R

Attack capped sets can also involve changing from pieces with attack to pieces with stats other than PDL, such as WSDMG, TA, or Critical Hit Rate/Damage.
[+]
 Asura.Aller
user: AsAller
By Asura.Aller 2021-12-09 07:18:11
Link | Citer | R

What is the best recast we can obtain for reaving wind/feather tickle?
By Typongtive 2021-12-09 08:36:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aller said: »
Love when someone brings up spells, I forgot I even had. Wish I could use more of them.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-09 12:03:55
Link | Citer | R

They are both used for Mboze low TP feed strategy, so you get use out of them there. Probably other places if you care to employ the method.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-12-09 12:53:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aller said: »

Step 1) Cast spell naked and write down recast. (or better yet, look up the recast on BG.

Step 2) Multiply by maximum recast value.

Step 3) Profit.
[+]
By Dunbar 2021-12-14 15:17:14
Link | Citer | R

Gearing for Expiacion. I always thought +WSD was ideal, but it looks like the Gleti gear. + Mirage Neck / Sailfi + 1 instead of Fotia rule. Not getting Gleti anytime soon, what are the priorities in stead of WSD for Expiacion?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2021-12-14 15:32:33
Link | Citer | R

Dunbar said: »
Gearing for Expiacion. I always thought +WSD was ideal, but it looks like the Gleti gear. + Mirage Neck / Sailfi + 1 instead of Fotia rule. Not getting Gleti anytime soon, what are the priorities in stead of WSD for Expiacion?

You largely do want to use WSD. Neck/Waist are due to Fotia not being WSD - they add to fTP, which makes them great for WSes that replicate that across hits ( https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:FTP_Replicating_WS ), but for Expiacion (and Savage Blade) the base stats on the other items win out.

Gleti comes in more at ATT cap, where the PDL on it will help push your damage higher. WSD is still good, but mixing in some PDL will help a little more.
By Dunbar 2021-12-14 17:05:38
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
Dunbar said: »

You largely do want to use WSD. Neck/Waist are due to Fotia not being WSD - they add to fTP, which makes them great for WSes that replicate that across hits ( https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:FTP_Replicating_WS ), but for Expiacion (and Savage Blade) the base stats on the other items win out.

Gleti comes in more at ATT cap, where the PDL on it will help push your damage higher. WSD is still good, but mixing in some PDL will help a little more.

Oh, right. Forgot about the Fotia WSD damage being http://fTP. That's where I was drawing a blank. Thanks!
By Dunbar 2021-12-15 10:20:35
Link | Citer | R

Also, looking at CDC gear now. Currently have Adhemar +1 head, but looks like augmented Blistering Sallet+1 might win out in that slot?
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2021-12-15 15:35:41
Link | Citer | R

6% crit damage outweighs the 10% crit hit rate.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2021-12-17 08:08:46
Link | Citer | R

Updating some blu sets
current nuking
ItemSet 351745

Cohort cloak +1?
Ghastly Tathlum
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-12-17 08:12:52
Link | Citer | R

What rank does that Bunzi need to be to become BiS offhand?
By Nariont 2021-12-17 08:29:22
Link | Citer | R

Think its BiS or incredibly close at base, ranks just increase it.

As to cohort+1 vs jhakri/amalric combo, think there was numbers ran a ways back that had it also being very close on int/mnd modded spells, winning on some of the non straight int/mnd nukes iirc
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-17 11:46:35
Link | Citer | R

Why do you have Max main and Bunzi off instead of the other way around?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-17 12:07:41
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure that's just the clunky way the ffxiah gear sets sometimes place the weapons in the incorrect spot. Similar to REMA 1 hand weapons in the offhand and TP Bonus weapons showing main handed.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-12-17 12:29:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Why do you have Max main and Bunzi off instead of the other way around?
I do that so I can black halo if I want to.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-06 21:50:31
Link | Citer | R

I acquired an Acclimator today. My smooth brain still can't wrap around all of the Item Level stats, and I can't find much about it. Bearing in mind I'm still very much entry-level, is it valuable?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-06 22:05:02
Link | Citer | R

Lots of things are viable. Acclimator is one of them, but it is not by any means good. It's outclassed by weapons as old as Skirmish ones, even before considering augments.

Use it until you get anything better, but save up domain invasion points for a Colada and consider buying a Hepa. sapara.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-07 07:46:51
Link | Citer | R

I wasn't even thinking so much as a weapon for general use. I just saw it had "Magic Damage +96" on it and thought that might have some value for cleaving or something.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-07 07:52:28
Link | Citer | R

The newer things are double that, prime example why calling everything 119 is stupid

Newest sword, sakpata
DMG:160 Delay:240 Accuracy+40 Magic Accuracy+40 Magic Damage+217 Sword skill +248 Parrying skill +248 Magic Accuracy skill +248

Acclimator SAME ilvl
DMG:130 Delay:240 Accuracy+15 Magic Accuracy+15 Magic Damage+96 Sword skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 "Chain Affinity"+10 "Skillchain Bonus"+10
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-07 08:10:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The newer things are double that, prime example why calling everything 119 is stupid
I just can't wrap my head around the stats. There's just so many numbers to compare now. I'm thankful there exist guides where (presumably) people have done all of the legwork already, and at least Prothescar is still around to maintain this one.

I'm probably still a long way off from even attempting any endgame stuff. I just figured I'd cash in a few Silver Vouchers since the experience campaign ended, and that was one of my rewards from a Mars Orb. I saw it and the "magic damage" on it, and wasn't sure if maybe it would be a good starting point for building a set for cleaving.

EDIT: Also intimidating is I don't really know where to begin. Like, that item looks really strong for cleaving, but I'd guess Kalunga and Sheol-Gaol in general are miles above anything I can contribute to right now. That's why I was wondering if the sword I do have had any value: maybe I could use it as a stepping stone to at least get some Job Points on my road to end-game content. Or maybe there's another sword (or even wand or staff or something) that's 10x stronger that's even easier to obtain.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-07 08:23:41
Link | Citer | R

You can get kaja sword/club "effortlessly" or nibiru clubs

And they're better
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 420 421 422 ... 445 446 447