The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 361 362 363 ... 445 446 447
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-10 14:06:01
Link | Citer | R

That's how its supposed to be. BLU isn't supposed to be a "DD" it's a hybrid/utility. You aren't supposed to shoehorn it into literally everything, literally always.

It's never worked. Ever. But that's the reality.
 Lakshmi.Cortez
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: emerle
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2019-06-10 14:11:57
Link | Citer | R

Currently, Dynamis is the only event in which it
Is a good idea to bring more than 6 people except for maybe Ou.

COR Geo Run Whm Blu DD is the ultimate for the majority of content.

There will always be certain battles that lend itself to one job or the other.

Using blu for extra healing occulatation tenebral MG AoE makes it really shine.

For Dynamis, blu is still just slightly behind War and drk for dps over the run. War starts to pull ahead in just the boss fights due to MS.

If the goal is to make Blu compete for the #1 DD slot, then yes it needs a small amount of work. But honesty, Adhemar+1 is about as good as it’s ever gonna get for Blu. It fits perfectly for it. The only TP piece that really could get better is pants. To a lesser extent, a high stp belt with acc would be nice. Blu has so much multi hit that windbuffet is good, but it’s not great.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-06-10 14:18:07
Link | Citer | R

BLU is in a perfectly fine spot right now and should lose to an equally geared Sam/War/Drk since those jobs are purely DPS jobs. Still really obnoxious being denied gear upgrades so consistently now. I don’t think getting the MAB ring would suddenly make BLU op, for instance, and being able to continue gear upgrades is part of the fun for the job. Too stagnant otherwise.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cortez
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2019-06-10 14:20:37
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
BLU is in a perfectly fine spot right now and should lose to an equally geared Sam/War/Drk since those jobs are purely DPS jobs. Still really obnoxious being denied gear upgrades so consistently now. I don’t think getting the MAB ring would suddenly make BLU op, for instance, and being able to continue gear upgrades is part of the fun for the job. Too stagnant otherwise.

You are not wrong here. At least War and Drk etc. have sidegrades that make discussions on bis necessary. For blu, it’s all obvious and has been that way for a long. The only thing that has changed is R15 Tiz making expeiation good
By Boshi 2019-06-10 15:07:17
Link | Citer | R

Tizona Expiacion was a thing before R15 or Thibron.
[+]
By emerle 2019-06-10 15:39:47
Link | Citer | R

Boshi said: »
Tizona Expiacion was a thing before R15 or Thibron.

Yes but at that time, CDC was generally stronger.

The extra base damage, acc and WS damage from R15 made the scales tip in favor of expeciation
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-06-10 15:51:39
Link | Citer | R

Not really. CDC just has better SC properties.
[+]
By oyama 2019-06-10 16:45:21
Link | Citer | R

BLU has been in a good spot for a while, but I agree it's irritating to be left off just about everything. Sure blu could be left alone for a while, but it's been a while now. Omen happened, lots of jobs got great pieces and blu got what, Regal Earring and Ilabrat Ring?

Honestly I'm just salty that BLU isn't on that ring XD.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-06-10 17:47:08
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
It's illusion. Try to parse yourself on BLU doing that. You will see maybe 8k dps in escha. Masamune SAM is at 10k+ doing self lights on top of that.

Nope, not illusion. I run Scoreboard just about everywhere I go lol. I try not to look at flat DPS because variables exist and without a large sample size, your results can sometimes vary wildly. I check who's doing whatever percentage of damage and if there's a gap, I try to figure out why. Acc, WSAvg, then I'll talk with people about their sets and try to help or visa versa.

Actually just recently DPS checked myself at afew SR runs. For some reason on Asura, the SR shouts lately have had maxed out Support jobs. 4-Song BRDs, Idris GEOs, Regal CORs.. like where the hell are all these people when we need them for Ambuscade???

Anyway, SR is old content and extremely easy to cap pDIF on everything except Maybe August but even then, my WS Avg was 40,652 of a solid 3 hours of just throwing ourselves at it blindly hoping for Ingrid but Ingrid never shows.. She never shows.. And 3rd Wave Arciela keeps giving us her pants that we never want..

These same results have been in Dynamis D as well but I didn't write them down like I did in SR. But it's no exaggeration and it's nothing new, this has been a thing since Raetic Swords. But now we have even more stopping power and no MP bleed from the Raetic.

As for SAM doing 10,000 DPS? May I see this? I've literally never seen any DPS higher than mid 8000s and that was from a Near-Maxed THF that used Larceny to steal Mighty Strikes from the Omen Mid-Boss. I'd love to see it O.o; PM it to me or something, I love DD jobs so if SAMs got power like that, I'm gonna have to get some Rice Balls.
[+]
By Boshi 2019-06-10 17:59:04
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Not really. CDC just has better SC properties.

This.

Expiacion Tizona was superior for a quite a while.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-06-10 18:20:25
Link | Citer | R

Having better SC properties isn't something you can just write off, it was a large factor in why CDC spam was better than Expiacion spam until the upgrades started pushing Expiacion further and further ahead.
By Afania 2019-06-10 18:53:05
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
As for SAM doing 10,000 DPS? May I see this? I've literally never seen any DPS higher than mid 8000s and that was from a Near-Maxed THF that used Larceny to steal Mighty Strikes from the Omen Mid-Boss. I'd love to see it O.o; PM it to me or something, I love DD jobs so if SAMs got power like that, I'm gonna have to get some Rice Balls.

He meant escha, which has higher dps because of vorseals.

And Yeah when ejiin was testing shinging one sam had 9-10k dps on scoreboard using both polearm and masa.
By Afania 2019-06-10 19:46:16
Link | Citer | R

Still really obnoxious being denied gear upgrades so consistently now.

Maxentius, Mirage Stole, wsd+10% +3 piece x2 are pretty good upgrades. Blu gets 2 wsd+10% +3 which is higher than rdm, thf. Wsd slot also doesnt overlap with ambu wsd like NIN. R15 tiz is pretty damn powerful compare with other jobs like thf dnc mythic being more of a something nice to have,

Id say its in very good spot in terms of gear upgrades.

Its also one of the most new player friendly job because of kaja sword/club/tp bonus build is easy to get. Its One of the best omen cleave job, one of the best dyna lowman cleave job, and performs decent in endgame raids if thats your thing.

But yeah as usual, people like to complain and pretend the positive side never exist.

If theres anything stagnent, its probably spell list. I think last set of new spell was added in 2015(?)
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-06-10 19:51:36
Link | Citer | R

Like every job got those upgrades though Afania. Plus, the other gear upgrades. I'm not really complaining about it. But, that's just how it is lol
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-06-10 20:38:44
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

Maxentius, Mirage Stole, wsd+10% +3 piece x2 are pretty good upgrades. Blu gets 2 wsd+10% +3 which is higher than rdm, thf. Wsd slot also doesnt overlap with ambu wsd like NIN. R15 tiz is pretty damn powerful compare with other jobs like thf dnc mythic being more of a something nice to have,

Its also one of the most new player friendly job because of kaja sword/club/tp bonus build is easy to get. Its One of the best omen cleave job, one of the best dyna lowman cleave job, and performs decent in endgame raids if thats your thing.

But yeah as usual, people like to complain and pretend the positive side never exist.

If theres anything stagnent, its probably spell list. I think last set of new spell was added in 2015(?)

How does this count, literally everyone got a scarf and weapons. And they're good for a huge majority of the jobs.

Of course the spell list is stagnant, every job's spell list is stagnant because they can't fit anymore so I'm not going to complain about that. Them adding new gear and repeatedly being so exclusive with it, however, is something they can change so I will show my displeasure towards it.

Also note I already said BLU is in a fine spot, that doesn't mean it can't be put on new gear to give us something to look forward to. It's not like putting BLM on this MAB ring and leaving BLU off will change the fact SE should have removed BLM's -aga spell penalties.
 Lakshmi.Cortez
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2019-06-10 21:21:38
Link | Citer | R

Having better SC properties isn't something you can just write off, it was a large factor in why CDC spam was better than Expiacion spam until the upgrades started pushing Expiacion further and further ahead.

How does this count, literally everyone got a scarf and weapons. And they're good for a huge majority of the jobs.

Of course the spell list is stagnant, every job's spell list is stagnant because they can't fit anymore so I'm not going to complain about that. Them adding new gear and repeatedly being so exclusive with it, however, is something they can change so I will show my displeasure towards it.

Also note I already said BLU is in a fine spot, that doesn't mean it can't be put on new gear to give us something to look forward to. It's not like putting BLM on this MAB ring and leaving BLU off will change the fact SE should have removed BLM's -aga spell penalties.

I think most people just want options at this point. Give us something that can compete with Adhmear +1.

Like for WAR, there are so many different setups that are arguably as good as the other setups. These new setups have been consistently introduced by new gear.

With BLU, the BiS slots haven't really changed since Adhemar +1 became relatively universally available almost 2yrs ago. The only thing that has changed was that because of the boost in Expeciation from R15, we now build around AM3 and Expeciacion rather than Almace CDC spam.

I think generally, the people aren't asking for a body that is equivalent to Adhmear +3, just give us some new options that are on par with what is out there today, or situationally better under a specific scenario.
By Afania 2019-06-10 21:23:03
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Like every job got those upgrades though

This is silly. Just because most jobs got these upgrade, doesn't take away what BLU got. Are you implying blu deserves more gear upgrades than every other job in game? Why?

In terms of gear upgrade, it's fair as I see it. It's not like every job gets stuff and blu gets absolutely nothing. The job is in very good spot, there's nothing to complain about it.

How does this count,

It counts. You don't need more stuff than everyone else to count. I feel people are exaggerating when they said blu got no gear upgrade for a while, that's my point.

Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
I think most people just want options at this point.

This is FFXI though, gear upgrade is usually slow. That's how this game goes. Certain job gets bigger upgrade at certain stage than other jobs. but in general, blu isn't that much slower than other jobs in terms of power creep from what I've seen.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-06-10 21:48:09
Link | Citer | R

Think most people are just salty about Omen stuff still, and lolno attack on our wsd pieces.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-06-10 21:59:25
Link | Citer | R

i'm not asking to be top dps on BLU, i'm asking for something that makes them desired in endgame.

BLU is a jack of all trades and it works well in mid tier content but most of the utility BLU gets comes with a trade off.

spells like blank gaze or light element aligned sleeps need the mob to face you. buffs having long cast times and/or short duration like barrier tusk and cocoon, together with the awefull long aftercast delays that stuff realy cuts into damage output. occultation is just a blink therefor when ever a mob has lethal melee you still need to sub /nin.
winds of promyvion and white wind have tremendous hate generation. sudden lunge doesn't land on anything worthwhile.

pretty much everything BLU has a different job has a better version of it. only mighty guard is somewhat unique but BLUs dependance on a 10 minute cooldown for party buffs prevents them from haste capping their party members.

endgame meta wants the best job for a roll and since BLU doesn't excel anywhere they are like a puzzle piece that doesn't fit.

and the justification of "no new BLU spells cause list is full" is pretty weak considering there are spells that have been replaced (Refuling with Erratic Flutter for example) or never realy had a purpose (self-destruct and final sting). they did buff/alter esuna and ancient magic, so why not blu magic?
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2019-06-10 22:17:56
Link | Citer | R

To your point about THF: THF also got Sherida Earring, Regal Ring, and now this Odin ring. Ashera Harness as well. BLU isn't on any of those (and yes, getting regal earring isn't that much of an upgrade compared its next best option in its cleaving set).

And to be fair, I see your point, it's not like BLU hasn't gotten anything. Mirage Stole +2 is nice, Ilabrat for some WS Sets, and the WSD+ pieces for some weapon skill sets. But, what about a standard BLU tp set? Has anything Best in Slot in its tp set changed since 2016 besides Mirage Stole? I don't think so, which can't be said for almost any other DD job in terms of tp sets.

I don't need to see some amazing new tp piece that's best in slot for BLU necessarily. But it would be great to see just some new BLU gear in general. For example, take the new Odin headpiece. It's pretty good, probably not better than Flamma+2 in most scenarios, but it's close. It would be great for BLU to get some new gear like that which can be used instead of Adhemar+1, Samnuha, augmented Herc feet, etc. Not necessarily a huge upgrade in dps, but at least something new.
By Afania 2019-06-10 22:21:44
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
i'm not asking to be top dps on BLU, i'm asking for something that makes them desired in endgame.

BLU is a jack of all trades and it works well in mid tier content but most of the utility BLU gets comes with a trade off.

spells like blank gaze or light element aligned sleeps need the mob to face you. buffs having long cast times and/or short duration like barrier tusk and cocoon, together with the awefull long aftercast delays that stuff realy cuts into damage output. occultation is just a blink therefor when ever a mob has lethal melee you still need to sub /nin.
winds of promyvion and white wind have tremendous hate generation. sudden lunge doesn't land on anything worthwhile.

pretty much everything BLU has a different job has a better version of it. only mighty guard is somewhat unique but BLUs dependance on a 10 minute cooldown for party buffs prevents them from haste capping their party members.

endgame meta wants the best job for a roll and since BLU doesn't excel anywhere they are like a puzzle piece that doesn't fit.

and the justification of "no new BLU spells cause list is full" is pretty weak considering there are spells that have been replaced (Refuling with Erratic Flutter for example) or never realy had a purpose (self-destruct and final sting). they did buff/alter esuna and ancient magic, so why not blu magic?

Glass is half full or half empty?
I think you need a different job, Because blu is clearly not for you.

Blu is the job I got on when I feel like cleave omen, solo omen bosses, or I tell friend to get on when I want to duo dynamis. Having a job that does CC and cleave pull speed things up.

Blu is also the only "real melee" job thats on maxentius.....if you dont count rdm that is. Its a powerful weapon its own, That makes it quite possibly one of the top blunt job bar r15 vere mnk with every single offensive JA up.

If you are into "buff your DD and just toss ws at it" sort of content, r15 tiz/tp bonus should keep up just fine. Very rarely you will see a fight fail because it isnt doing enough dps.

Outside of solo multi step SC I cant think of many major weakness as a melee. Everything you listed are just being picky for the sake of doing it. MG has a use(counter slow), wind has a use, debuff has a use, so does heal.

Very rarely you will see a job with this many perks. For example I dont see people bring sam for blunt dmg, or cleave in dyna D at all. But if you bring r15 Tiz blu to buffed ws spam fights like a war sam drk it should dps just fine. So how is it a bad job?

I dont understand the sam war drk obsession at all. But if you like them, just go play them. They have their unique perks which probably meets your preference more. Other career blus will still bring blu to endgame anyways.
[+]
By Afania 2019-06-10 22:25:55
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
take the new Odin headpiece.

To be fair, the new odin drop is clearly meant to be an upgrade version of lv 75 none abj odin drop. So I dont think SE purposely leave blu out for the sake of nerfing the job. Its probably more of a lore/nostalgia thing.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-10 22:29:25
Link | Citer | R

Every job should be on every thing and there should be less jobs. *mic drop*

All the problems solved.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2019-06-10 23:04:38
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »

Glass is half full or half empty?

Blu is the job I got on when I feel like cleave omen, solo omen bosses, or I tell friend to get on when I want to duo dynamis. Having a job that does CC and cleave pull speed things up.

Blu is also the only "real melee" job thats on maxentius.....if you dont count rdm that is. Its a powerful weapon its own, That makes it quite possibly one of the top blunt job bar r15 vere mnk with every single offensive JA up.

If you are into "buff your DD and just toss ws at it" sort of content, r15 tiz/tp bonus should keep up just fine. Very rarely you will see a fight fail because it isnt doing enough dps.

Outside of solo multi step SC I cant think of many major weakness as a melee. Everything you listed are just being picky for the sake of doing it. MG has a use(counter slow), wind has a use, debuff has a use, so does heal.

Very rarely you will see a job with this many perks. For example I dont see people bring sam for blunt dmg, or cleave in dyna D at all. But if you bring r15 Tiz blu to buffed ws spam fights like a war sam drk it should dps just fine. So how is it a bad job?

I dont understand the sam war drk obsession at all. But if you like them, just go play them. They have their unique perks which probably meets your preference more. Other career blus will still bring blu to endgame anyways.

Did you really just tell me which job I should and shouldn't play? I'll just ignore that.

I mean my post was clearly about BLU getting very few new pieces of gear (regardless of best in slot or not) since 2016 compared to other jobs, and you seemed to just go on a tangent about how you like to play BLU or BLU's utility in endgame (and the utility you described is accurate) but has just about nothing to do with the lack of new gear compared to other jobs. So, cool.
By Shichishito 2019-06-10 23:08:01
Link | Citer | R

my point wasn't that those spells are useless, it's that none of them are unique to BLU and what ever they can provide there is a different job that can do it better.

WHM always has been better at healing and since the erase neck at debuff removal too, so you bring a WHM for that.
both geo and brd are better at countering slow aura, so you bring a GEO or BRD for that.
def down debuff? multiple jobs can provide that and are better DD on top of it, so you bring those.
notice a pattern?

how dare u sir! BLU is for everyone!

also spoiled COR mains ought not to comment on gear neglected jobs!
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-06-10 23:15:29
Link | Citer | R

I don't really care that we don't have a niche required spot since we can fit in as respectable DD in pretty much all the fights anyway. I just want some flashy new gear to use.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-10 23:22:48
Link | Citer | R

I don't really care that we don't have a niche required spot since we can fit in as respectable DD in pretty much all the fights anyway. I just want some flash new gear to use.

Boi r u in 4 sum disappoint. Not just as blu.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-10 23:25:33
Link | Citer | R

It's not really a debate. Since Omen, BLU has received significantly less Melee DD Gear/Stats, and it has been more mage/niche oriented (Regal Earring, Shamash, Pinga set). They've all but stopped giving BLU access to anything significant unless its an item they HAVE to give to BLU (Naegling). It's their way of soft nerfing the job. Literally every event since Omen, BLU has been the weakest recipients, and jobs like RUN have gotten the favoritism.
By Shichishito 2019-06-10 23:43:35
Link | Citer | R

I just want some flash new gear to use.
i second that.

I don't really care that we don't have a niche required spot since we can fit in as respectable DD in pretty much all the fights anyway.
its ffxi, shouts with REMA requirement for ambuscade N+. without a niche and only a "respectable" damage output you'll never be in high demand for endgame, just a 2nd or 3rd choice at best.
By Afania 2019-06-10 23:52:50
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
and it has been more mage/niche oriented

It has been that way since forever.

Morrigan set: blm blu rdm
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Morrigan%27s_Attire_Set

Crimson set: not really a DD set either
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Crimson_Armor_Set

Mirage set: only 2/5 are melee gears and not even good.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Mirage_Attire_Set

Blu wasnt on tiger pants, nor Ebody. the best endgame melee gear it ever got was probably homam pants and turban. And homam has less haste than tiger pants.

Blu always got a mix of mage and melee gears since 75, this direction never really change. SE didnt purposely leave blu out of melee gears because they feel like it in 2016 before omen. It just revert to a design direction that existed since 75 era.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
and jobs like RUN have gotten the favoritism.

I dont feel this way. The best gear update for RUN is probably the additional of epeo and lionheart. Past that nothing has change much. Turm set is nice, so does harness. Maybe niq ring too. But they arent huge power creep gears imo. Take these 3 things away run will still remain on top.

Edit: also just for your reference for comparsions sake: ninja, another light armor job thats supposed to be a tank, was on tiger pants, usukane, hachiryu set, haubergeon. All of these gears were miles ahead of what blu got(lolmorrigan) in terms of DD.

Blus melee gear quality is MUCH higher these days. Both +3 and jse neck are pretty melee oriented, and . Nothing to complain imo.
First Page 2 3 ... 361 362 363 ... 445 446 447