Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 360 361 362 ... 445 446 447
By epidemik 2019-05-28 18:43:16
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 366923

Any thoughts on a neck that's not JSE or any possible improvements?
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-05-31 18:54:15
Link | Citer | R

Anybody using Shamash Robe for anything on BLU?
Maybe DT for idle/pull? If so I'd love to see your sets.

What else?
I've thought two other possible uses.
Macc => it's 1 less than Jhakri+2, and 10 INT less than Jhakri. Sure it doesn't have the annoying lack of HP/MP of Jhakri, but doesn't really seem worth it.
Mab => 2 more mab, 10 less INT. Same as above, doesn't seem worth it to me.

Something else I forgot to take into account?
By Nariont 2019-05-31 19:56:24
Link | Citer | R

its really just an idle/resist silence set piece, mevas alright though pingas better
 Bismarck.Syuevil
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Syuevil
By Bismarck.Syuevil 2019-06-03 10:16:22
Link | Citer | R

I'm getting back into Blue Mage and I was wondering if this set was a little too cute for crowd control?

ItemSet 366997

My friend and I are looking to start duo cleaving some Dynamis Divergence. Perhaps there is an over emphasis on spell interruption rate down since we're probably going to be going slow at first so I'm not sure if the monster count would be high enough on pulls to warrant consideration of something like this. Curious if anyone has tried a similar set design. Thanks!
By Ccarter 2019-06-03 11:27:30
Link | Citer | R

I’ve been thinking of doing a tizona but have no real intentions of taking it to R15. Will a sequence or naegling SB spam outperform a non R15 tiz? Already have both of those so trying to decide if it’s even worth making one.
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2019-06-03 14:45:18
Link | Citer | R

Ccarter said: »
I’ve been thinking of doing a tizona but have no real intentions of taking it to R15. Will a sequence or naegling SB spam outperform a non R15 tiz? Already have both of those so trying to decide if it’s even worth making one.

It's probably not a huge upgrade if you're not going to bring it to R15 and savage spam is all you want to do with it. Where it shines is when you can get AM3 on it and when you ever need mp (if you have tizona and are attacking something, you will never run out of mp). It's better, but not by much if you're only looking at ws dmg.
 Shiva.Applesmash
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2019-06-04 11:32:34
Link | Citer | R

Is there a reason I'm not seeing of taking Thibron all the way instead of just using Machaera +2 ? Besides completion's sake. I'll finish it eventually though.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-04 12:28:22
Link | Citer | R

The base damage rating is higher. On a weapon so low, you'll take any advantage you can get.
 Shiva.Applesmash
By Shiva.Applesmash 2019-06-04 12:59:55
Link | Citer | R

Yeah that's what I figured, thanks!
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-06-04 13:30:16
Link | Citer | R

Ccarter said: »

I strongly doubt it, no. You have to remember that Tizona bumps Expiacion Damage by 30% making it the stronger WS at all TP Stages even when compared to Naegling. However, the difference in base DMG and better Mods might close the gap a little.

Assuming Thibron locked for Sub because it’s awesome and very easy to gear for. Tizona wins because of both WS Strength but also because your WS Frequency increases a sizable amount with AM3 up. Yes, the difference between Aftermath and Non-Aftermath isn’t huge anymore but it’s still there, and the more STP you have, the more noticeable it is. With a COR present, you are literally at 1200+ TP before your Animation finishes.

Add also the fact that you gain MP for Tizona hits and you essentially have infinite MP. It’s both overwhelmingly powerful and useful at this stage in BLUs life. I cannot picture Sequence or Naegling competing at the moment; the WSD will be weaker and less frequent. If you make Tiz and play around with it, I think you might change your mind about R15 haha

With good gear and buffs, 40-50k Expiacions are a strong benchmark and VERY consistent. And as stated before, just use Thibron, Keep up AM and just throw TP as you get it
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-06-05 22:27:53
Link | Citer | R

I am having a hard time finding the right info on Treasure Hunter and Bluemage. In the Jobpoint gifts it states that Gilfinder is not included in the upgrade(lol SE whatever) but after you hit the 3 Spells needed then it becomes TH... Which I assume is 1 trait level? Is this trait affected with gifts? Does this Stack with BLU/THF as a sub or does /THF (TH2) override it?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-05 22:31:25
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Set 8 trait points for gilfinder and 16 for treasure hunter.
Setting Treasure Hunter replaces the Gilfinder trait.

Quote:
Job Trait Bonus Increases job traits gained from equipped blue magic by 1. Does not affect Gilfinder, Double Attack, or Auto Refresh.

sub THF will override blu's trait, doesn't stack. BLU gifts don't stack TH.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-06-06 09:02:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
Set 8 trait points for gilfinder and 16 for treasure hunter.
Setting Treasure Hunter replaces the Gilfinder trait.

Quote:
Job Trait Bonus Increases job traits gained from equipped blue magic by 1. Does not affect Gilfinder, Double Attack, or Auto Refresh.

sub THF will override blu's trait, doesn't stack. BLU gifts don't stack TH.

Thanks man, this is what I was figuring but wasn’t 100% on it.
By SimonSes 2019-06-06 10:14:47
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Yes, the difference between Aftermath and Non-Aftermath isn’t huge anymore but it’s still there

Actually the difference is pretty huge on anything serious, because most accuracy swaps has a lot of sTP, but not much multiattack. High accuracy set is like 13%TA, 0%DA (unless /war) and +86 sTP. AM3 works amazingly well with that set.
[+]
By oyama 2019-06-06 15:54:24
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I cannot picture Sequence or Naegling competing at the moment; the WSD will be weaker and less frequent.

With good gear and buffs, 40-50k Expiacions are a strong benchmark and VERY consistent. And as stated before, just use Thibron, Keep up AM and just throw TP as you get it

I doubt Sequence competes, but Naegling absolutely competes, especially with non-R15. With good buffs it does not take much acc to be able to use Thibron except on the most evasive content (and Naegling has 40 more acc), so MA can remain high even without a mythic AM. Aside from 1 extra base damage on Naegling and better mods, Savage Blade also has higher fTP and its fTP also scales up faster, both before and after 2k, compared to Expiacion. AM3 proc'ing on WS helps make up for this, but it's there. Savage is inherently a stronger Weapon Skill, and with Naegling you are only 15% WSD behind non-R15 Tiz. 40k-50k are also seen consistently with Naeg/Thib, easily, with spikes higher.

Where it will pull ahead significantly more is when you absolutely MUST get every ounce of acc you can get, which is not often. Then the AM3 will make a bigger difference over a Naegling/Thib build for tp gain.

Naegling/Thib won't outperform a non-R15 Tiz with AM3, but it will be competitive on most content with high buffs, and is considerably easier to get and doesn't rely on aftermath mechanics. If you'd be happy with a non-R15 Tiz, and already have Naegling, it probably isn't worth making it.
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2019-06-09 03:10:49
Link | Citer | R

So i finally finish Tizona (yay!) and i'm doing the trials, i get to Trial 3103 (Armoured Chariots) and because it's Arrapago Reef i'm locked to once per earth day!!!

Seriously? Come the f**k on SE, what is with this utter bollocks?! Other trials that use other chariots are locked behind one hour gates, and we are locked out to 3 days because why!?

So dumb, so annoying. Am i truly locked out, or is there a workaround that I'm just not aware of?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-09 03:24:44
Link | Citer | R

Yup. Daily lock out on Arrapago. Their "best" answer to salvage spamming. Instead of making the other zones equivalent... just lock arrapago. Brilliant decision makers they have.

Just gotta wait if yours uses that Chariot.
 Shiva.Applesmash
By Shiva.Applesmash 2019-06-09 18:22:49
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I just finished my Tizona too, pretty dumb. would have been done Thursday if not for that.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-06-09 18:34:01
Link | Citer | R

About time.
 Lakshmi.Arcaniz
user: Arcaniz
By Lakshmi.Arcaniz 2019-06-09 23:27:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody using Shamash Robe for anything on BLU?
Maybe DT for idle/pull? If so I'd love to see your sets.

What else?
I've thought two other possible uses.
Macc => it's 1 less than Jhakri+2, and 10 INT less than Jhakri. Sure it doesn't have the annoying lack of HP/MP of Jhakri, but doesn't really seem worth it.
Mab => 2 more mab, 10 less INT. Same as above, doesn't seem worth it to me.

Something else I forgot to take into account?
I use it for hybrid set (refresh/dt)when mp is high
ItemSet 367120
 Lakshmi.Arcaniz
user: Arcaniz
By Lakshmi.Arcaniz 2019-06-09 23:31:15
Link | Citer | R

epidemik said: »
ItemSet 366923

Any thoughts on a neck that's not JSE or any possible improvements?

I use this ammo instead:
https://www.ffxiah.com/item/21359/quartz-tathlum-1
And OFC:
https://www.ffxiah.com/item/26199/karieyh-ring-1
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-06-10 08:28:52
Link | Citer | R

Getting real tired of Square intentionally leaving BLU off stuff.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/June_2019_Version_Update_Changes
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-06-10 08:43:38
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »

yeah, people were moaning and bitching "BLU OP" so hard 2-3 years ago it apparently left a lasting impression on the devs.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-06-10 08:53:18
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »

yeah, people were moaning and bitching "BLU OP" so hard 2-3 years ago it apparently left a lasting impression on the devs.

To be fair, they gave us R15 Tizona access. Thanks to that, BLU is back on the top DPS area again. Properly geared and buffed, BLU can throw 45-50,000 Expiacions with exceptional consistency and at very high frequency. There are very few DPS that can compete with that without getting 1-HRs involved lll.

I agree with you that I’d love to see BLU get some love but I also understand that giving anything to BLU right now is... well... Dangerous lol
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-06-10 09:00:39
Link | Citer | R

To be fair, they gave us R15 Tizona access. Thanks to that, BLU is back on the top DPS area again. Properly geared and buffed, BLU can throw 45-50,000 Expiacions with exceptional consistency and at very high frequency. There are very few DPS that can compete with that without getting 1-HRs involved lll.

I agree with you that I’d love to see BLU get some love but I also understand that giving anything to BLU right now is... well... Dangerous lol

It's illusion. Try to parse yourself on BLU doing that. You will see maybe 8k dps in escha. Masamune SAM is at 10k+ doing self lights on top of that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2019-06-10 09:04:05
Link | Citer | R

Yeah. The R15 Tizona Expiacion spam is strong. I'd argue that plenty of jobs at the moment are right there with it in terms of dps (DRK, SAM, WAR, even well geared THF/DNC). Back in 2016, I can see why SE started leaving BLU off of new gear, but at this point, plenty of jobs have caught up to BLU or surpassed it in terms of dps. We should have been included on that ring. Another TA+5% isnt going to make BLU broken, let's be real.
By Shichishito 2019-06-10 09:34:21
Link | Citer | R

savage blade and expiacion as great as they might be are no empy WSs, even they did as much dmg as for example fudo does it still misses the lvl3 skillchain property.

iono but my experience with BLU is only decent for mid tier content (up to geas fete tier 3). as soon as its more difficult people prefer you to show up on a different job.
By geigei 2019-06-10 09:50:39
Link | Citer | R

BLU is only decent for mid tier content (up to geas fete tier 3)
What are you smoking?
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-06-10 11:03:29
Link | Citer | R

BLU brings a lot of utility, so it's down right stupid to argue about BLU damage when BLU has never been and will never be about just damage.

BLU has had a lot of love, so much that it still echoes nowadays. It deserves to be left alone for some time, and by some time I mean a long time.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2019-06-10 13:56:00
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
BLU brings a lot of utility, so it's down right stupid to argue about BLU damage when BLU has never been and will never be about just damage.

BLU has had a lot of love, so much that it still echoes nowadays. It deserves to be left alone for some time, and by some time I mean a long time.

Yeah, you’re correct saying BLU’s utility makes it a lot more than just about its dps. In low man content, it really excels from Diffusion MG, tenebral crush, white wind, etc.

However, in situations where you’re in a full alliance or multiple pts with maxed buffs, like dynamis divergence, ie. Pt of DD, DD, GEO, COR, BRD, WHM, the utility BLU brings is not nearly as noticable. Whatever DD that comes will be buffed heavily with songs, rolls, and geo bubble, along with having a WHM for cures. If you want to compare DRK vs BLU for that DD slot, imo the DRK brings more to the table. DS/NV Drain III with dread spikes provides a lot more survivability than BLU can in that slot.

So I disagree with the argument that “BLU has utility and got so much love in 2016, it shouldn’t be touched for a long time.” It’s kind of embarrassing how stagnant the BLU tp/ws sets have been over the past three years compared to other DD jobs. Yeah, it’s not like BLU needs a huge boost, but at least some new gear would be nice that’s best in slot, even if only a marginal upgrade compared to the previous best in slot piece.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 360 361 362 ... 445 446 447