Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-01 20:23:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Sylph.Oraen said: »
I was thinking of Vepar when discussing the single add, as that's the one that does a ridiculous amount of debuffs.

During the few times we went with one PLD, we never had him get charmed, so we didn't have a contingency for the adds, so I can't speak to that. I highly suggest the double PLD setup because of the adds. And I would not suggest melees. I had something around 1600 effective accuracy and still wasn't close to capping hit rate. Magic bursting is a safer and more efficient strategy.

But ; ;

I only have BLU :(

Then tank the adds. Throw out a searing tempest before bursts to lower INT. I actually didn't know you could sleep them, so BLU is absurdly good for that. Even if they wake up, congratulations, you're one of the 3 strongest tanks in the game.

If my group had any damn SCHs other than me I'd want to try this.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-01 20:24:10
Link | Citer | R

The adds don't go on the main PLD because 1) he's already being smacked by the NM and 2) the situation you described earlier with charm. Charmed PLD = army of adds smacking your mages.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-01 20:43:34
Link | Citer | R

I'm 99% positive that if a tank has both the NM and the adds in this fight and gets charmed, the adds are out for blood with the rest of the party.

I haven't done it, but I'd assume primarily magical spells with a combination of survivability and enmity.

Never killed the adds before, so I wouldn't know.

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-10-01 23:16:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Failaras said: »
Draylo said: »
It's still useful in few situations. Magic burst dmg+ cap in gear and BA with Diffusion ray or Anvil lightning off CDC/CDC is going to be over 10k typically.
The problem is that 10k for casting a spell and using BA isn't exactly good. You'd do more just continuing to swing and CDC.

Depends, in the case of Tenebral Crush, you'd want it on the target anyway.

So you'd be faced with two options:
1. Cast Tenebral Crush by itself for low damage. Then spam CDCs as usual with the defense down now affecting the mob.

2. CDC > Requiscat for Darkness. Close with Tenebral for the extra damage and reapplication of defense down debuff.

Depending on the target, one may weigh over the other. Like the screenshot of Morimar, he takes like double damage from magic, so in his case, you'd probably want to go with option 2. But the idea is that you've killed two birds with one stone, you had to cast Tenebral Crush anyway, but now you're getting the spell to dish out some significant damage at the cost of your two higher damages CDCs and resulting Light.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-10-01 23:24:39
Link | Citer | R

In the case of Tizona users, you're forced to use Expiacion to activate AM3 anyways. You have the option of just saying screw it and resuming the Light chains immediately or opting for Darkness (and therefore a good time to throw in a Tenebral MB).
 Asura.Failaras
Serveur: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-10-01 23:55:25
Link | Citer | R

Do Tenebral Crush and Gouge stack?

I don't generally set it, the guide also doesn't have it on the pre JT2 spell set. It has 4% more defense down but more MP/longer cast time/more set points.
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-02 00:11:52
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
It's still useful in few situations. Magic burst dmg+ cap in gear and BA with Diffusion ray or Anvil lightning off CDC/CDC is going to be over 10k typically.
The problem is that 10k for casting a spell and using BA isn't exactly good. You'd do more just continuing to swing and CDC.

Depends, in the case of Tenebral Crush, you'd want it on the target anyway.

So you'd be faced with two options:
1. Cast Tenebral Crush by itself for low damage. Then spam CDCs as usual with the defense down now affecting the mob.

2. CDC > Requiscat for Darkness. Close with Tenebral for the extra damage and reapplication of defense down debuff.

Depending on the target, one may weigh over the other. Like the screenshot of Morimar, he takes like double damage from magic, so in his case, you'd probably want to go with option 2. But the idea is that you've killed two birds with one stone, you had to cast Tenebral Crush anyway, but now you're getting the spell to dish out some significant damage at the cost of your two higher damages CDCs and resulting Light.
With option 2, you wouldn't go in that order anyway, as you would go Req -> CDC to have the more powerful WS close the SC. By using BA and casting Crush then, you lose a decent chunk of damage on your first CDC and some white damage on the preceding swings, then probably ~600-700 TP from casting the spell mid-fight. I would guess, in a world with fury/frailty on the mob, you probably would lose ~10k in the initial SC (between using Req instead of CDC and the damage loss by not having Def Down on the CDC), probably another 1k in the swings leading up to it, but would most likely make most of that up with an MB Crush, depending on your gear. In the end, it's about a wash, and I wouldn't consider if worth it, imo.
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-10-02 00:16:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vafruvant said: »
With option 2, you wouldn't go in that order anyway, as you would go Req -> CDC to have the more powerful WS close the SC. By using BA and casting Crush then, you lose a decent chunk of damage on your first CDC and some white damage on the preceding swings, then probably ~600-700 TP from casting the spell mid-fight. I would guess, in a world with fury/frailty on the mob, you probably would lose ~10k in the initial SC (between using Req instead of CDC and the damage loss by not having Def Down on the CDC), probably another 1k in the swings leading up to it, but would most likely make most of that up with an MB Crush, depending on your gear. In the end, it's about a wash, and I wouldn't consider if worth it, imo.
And, this is all saying that you're the only DPS source. If you're not solo front-line DPS, then you're hurting your other DPS by not laying Def Down early in the fight.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2015-10-02 00:26:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »

Which is why I said depends on the situation. That isn't always the case.

Quote:
But ; ;

I only have BLU :(

I just posted a strat w/BLU and I don't see why you would need two PLDs tbh.

I actually didn't see that. Thanks.

What is the point of having the adds on the BLU instead of the PLD?

In the setup I posted we used a trust tank so he can't have the adds on him. The adds being on the tank they will be near the NM and she eats them.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2015-10-02 01:30:29
Link | Citer | R

Depends, it seems when she eats the blue ones it causes a white proc and they all depop. If she eats the other ones she can level up. Not entirely sure on that since we kept them away from her but sometimes when they woke up they run to her and we saw her get a white proc from eating the blue one and they all depop.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-10-02 01:54:05
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Psycloth I don't really get at all, unless you have other mage jobs that use the gear. What pieces are people actually using on BLU? Legs for M.Acc I guess (for non-damage spells, wouldn't want to give up the massive MAB of something like Hag+1 for nukes), and... what else? None of these besides the legs even show up in any sets on the OP. I don't use any other Psycloth jobs so I haven't gone for these and haven't really missed them. Am I overlooking something?
Sweeping Gouge.

There is also Tenebral Crush which is more likely to be in your DD setup as long as you can spare 2 more points and doesn't require acc on top of macc and inflict 4% more defense down and it also give macc trait which helps it even further.

That said, do we know whether our unique magic accuracy trait from tenebral crush gets higher tiers from gift bonuses?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-10-02 01:59:53
Link | Citer | R

Yes; it mirrors regular accuracy bonus. Magic evasion bonus mirrors regular evasion bonus.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-10-02 04:33:25
Link | Citer | R

Barrier Tusk is nice to have when the defense is needed but Tenebral Crush can be very handy too when overwhelming force is needed in a small amount of time.

An example I can think of for myself is the Tonberry Unity NM. For that fight, we like to play it risky and not use PLDs, RUNs, GEOs BRDs or anything else to shield us from the Astral Flow. That usually gives us about 25 seconds or less for the 3 of us to take it out before we get wiped. The trusts we use only keep us alive long enough until we can do what we need and they only last about 12-15 of those 25 seconds. In that situation, Barrier Tusk won't save me but something Tenebral Crush shortens the kill time and has helped.

Point is, we're BLUs and are one of the most versatile jobs in the game. No real reason to glue ourselves to certain spells all the time. I find myself experimenting all the time and I am lucky to have a group that lets me do that at the risk of failure.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-10-02 06:48:02
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface said: »
Azurea said: »
Question - Best place to learn spectral floe?
the usual answer for this is alluvion skirmish in Yorcia, but I got mine in Hennetiel; there is a secret beach near one of the waypoints where they spawn.

Can I get the location? Please ? :)
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-10-02 07:11:48
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
the usual answer for this is alluvion skirmish in Yorcia, but I got mine in Hennetiel; there is a secret beach near one of the waypoints where they spawn.

The place I learned that also wasn't Skirmish was the beam me up in Marjami then take a left at soonest possible chance. There should be a a large room to the left that has two dual elementals. If you don't see them, the weather will need to come first.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-10-02 07:23:02
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »

It's south of bivouac 2.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-10-02 08:43:48
Link | Citer | R

Thanks to both of u ^^
[+]
 Shiva.Francisco
Serveur: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-10-02 08:54:55
Link | Citer | R

With Amchuchu being offered again, I've got to ask... how well does she hold up against something like Fenrir (Normal). I've soloed a bunch of these high tier battlefields on "easy", and have found them to be just that, a cake walk. But most attempts on "normal" I've either noticed an immediate huge spike in damage, or the fight will be "easy" until lower HP, when stuff gets spammed a lot more.

Went /NIN on Fenrir (N), got it down to 9% once - other times below 50% but not close to dead. Usually something like Impact followed immediately by Howling Moon (I think), is what does me in.

Would bringing Amchuchu allow me to drop /NIN and maybe go /RUN for Lux and focus more on Saline Coat and Barrier Tusk than constantly recasting Utsusemi (because Trion is a piece of ***who dies in 15 seconds on anything useful)?

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-10-02 09:34:38
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Francisco said: »
With Amchuchu being offered again, I've got to ask... how well does she hold up against something like Fenrir (Normal). I've soloed a bunch of these high tier battlefields on "easy", and have found them to be just that, a cake walk. But most attempts on "normal" I've either noticed an immediate huge spike in damage, or the fight will be "easy" until lower HP, when stuff gets spammed a lot more.

Went /NIN on Fenrir (N), got it down to 9% once - other times below 50% but not close to dead. Usually something like Impact followed immediately by Howling Moon (I think), is what does me in.

Would bringing Amchuchu allow me to drop /NIN and maybe go /RUN for Lux and focus more on Saline Coat and Barrier Tusk than constantly recasting Utsusemi (because Trion is a piece of ***who dies in 15 seconds on anything useful)?

Spammed that fight about 40-50 times on Normal.

Amchuchu is OK, but she can't tank the whole fight herself. She's also prone to getting insta-killed at the start before she can get Shell from other trusts due to double attack and additional effects.

I always went /run and used Occultation as my defensive measure while hate was on me. Impact is annoying and I'd usually save Unbridled Learning to Uproot after that. Lux bring the damage down a lot for Impact, also make sure you're in meva or mdt/mdb gear when Moon goes off. It'll strip your Shadows too so don't use Occultation if you expect him to use it soon or else you'll have MP death. Zephyr Mantle helps a lot too with a good fast cast set.

I never bothered with Barrier Tusk and Saline Coat in that fight though. The full dispel already makes it where you need to turn and rebuff. And it's just feel like a waste unless you're getting 1-shot by a magic move.

Also, if you're on Shiva, I'd be happy to duo it with you.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-10-02 09:42:01
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Francisco said: »

She often does well as long as buffs are/stay up, but can (and will) get one-shot by strong physical attacks from time to time. Fenrir, in particular, tended to highlight that for me as it seemed like a 50/50 thing on whether she'd survive the fight or not. She's also somewhat susceptible to getting wiped out right off the bat before getting buffs up.

I usually wind up tanking the latter half (or more) of fights when I use her anyway. The really nice thing about using her though, is that even if she winds up not holding hate, she keeps Valiance up religiously, providing substantial Fast Cast and reduced element damage taken to help you tank.

I've done Fenrir N on BLU/RUN a bunch, but I dual box a GEO as well usually, so my experience with it wouldn't be quite the same as solo.

Post deleted by User.
By Takisan 2015-10-02 11:50:52
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Orlind said: »
Point is, we're BLUs and are one of the most versatile jobs in the game. No real reason to glue ourselves to certain spells all the time. I find myself experimenting all the time and I am lucky to have a group that lets me do that at the risk of failure.

A'men! Just the other day was fighting Tenodera in Escha Sky and mob leveled up to the point no one could hit it. I went from attack set to acc set to superacc set and acc was still horrible. So I changed all my blu spells with Azuresets and went to my superacc blu spell set and ate acc food to get 1280 acc and killed it. No other job can do that. Gotta love blu!
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-10-02 14:21:13
Link | Citer | R

Yesterday night was a good day to be a BLU, picked up 2x Nibiru Cudgels and Rawhide hands :P Also restarted to work on Tizona, will finish tokens on monday :P Only gonna have assaults and the alex grind to work with...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 211 212 213 ... 446 447 448