Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 738 739 740 ... 831 832 833
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-15 09:40:48
Link | Citer | R

Going from ML0 to ML30, you get:
30 STR/DEX/VIT/AGI/INT/MND/CHR
210 HP
60 MP
+30 to all main job combat/magic skills

The first three categories are slightly higher than that outside of Gaol, because you also get a small boost from your subjob being 6 levels higher.

This leads to indirect stat boosts from the attributes and skills, giving ~45 attack, accuracy, and defense in total compared to ML0.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Rips 2022-05-15 20:21:31
Link | Citer | R

Random FFXI / WoW question:

Is there a possible way, or does anyone know the equivalent of gold to Gil ratio in terms of equity?

To rephrase, what is 100M Gil in FFXI in WoW gold?

My cousin plays WoW and I somehow tried to explain the weight of amounts to him for the currencies.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-15 20:29:08
Link | Citer | R

They really aren't comparable in terms of anything other than what they sell for.

1m gil is $.50
1m gold is like $100

200x value

200 gil per 1 gold (100m XI ~ 500k retail wow)
By Rips 2022-05-15 20:37:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They really aren't comparable in terms of anything other than what they sell for.

1m gil is $.50
1m gold is like $100

200x value

200 gil per 1 gold (100m XI ~ 500k retail wow)

That helps actually. Thanks.
 Shiva.Jirachi
Serveur: Shiva
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2022-05-15 22:45:30
Link | Citer | R

Hey everyone, So I haven't played since around 2017 or so, besides logging in during free events to do Monstrocity, I really haven't done anything else.
I was a little curious when coming back this time, how difficult is the newer storyline? was it something you can solo, or duo? Possibly Trio?
I do have a number of mastered jobs and have 119 gear, but the last time I played was basically the introduction of that thing in Mhaura.
I'm not sure if I'd need to get new gear, or master levels, or if its easy enough.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2022-05-16 02:14:06
Link | Citer | R

Why do people offer/ask for SB on DRK if situation favors no SC/frag WS? Isn't resolution the default frag ws for drk or did I miss some detail casuing SB to pull ahead?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-16 02:26:13
Link | Citer | R

cause you might not and probably dont have the attack to support Resolution all the time. Naegling atk bonus + reso atk penalty makes a pretty huge difference in ratio, and even DRK doesnt automatically cap its attack against a lot of things especially when GEO cant be used
[+]
By Afania 2022-05-16 03:22:12
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
cause you might not and probably dont have the attack to support Resolution all the time. Naegling atk bonus + reso atk penalty makes a pretty huge difference in ratio, and even DRK doesnt automatically cap its attack against a lot of things especially when GEO cant be used

Yeah, pdif capping is going to depend on pt setup but even if resolution is having lower pdif, it still has the benefit of Desperate Blows ja haste, and calad AM3 which adds significant amount of dmg. 2h also has smite V for additional +29.6% attack.

On my speadsheet I am getting calad am3 reso being at least 20%-29% ahead of drk/war sb spam at capped attack, assuming no haste samba. I don't think spreadsheet shows naeg attack boost though. So it's hard to see if sb actually beats reso in practice when pdif is actually much lower. ^^;
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2022-05-17 17:23:25
Link | Citer | R

Do we still need to quest the base AF (level 50-60 one) or was there a faster way to get them ?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-17 17:57:04
Link | Citer | R

Still gotta do it. You can skip a couple pieces via deeds, 1 full set of 109, 1 full set of 119+1 and 1 full set of 119+2

The 109 is 5/5 but the +1 and +2 pieces you can pick individually
By ryukin182 2022-05-18 13:19:07
Link | Citer | R

It's been a while since I looked. When logging on multiple characters, when there is one out of focus (not selected), it goes slower for logging in but resumes to normal speed when selected. Is there a way around this that I may not know about?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-18 13:31:38
Link | Citer | R

ryukin182 said: »
It's been a while since I looked. When logging on multiple characters, when there is one out of focus (not selected), it goes slower for logging in but resumes to normal speed when selected. Is there a way around this that I may not know about?

This is actually something I found out just recently. The game fps is cut in half when it's not the primary instance. GPU just wasn't able to hold a dozen instances at 30 fps. (I never noticed cause I never cared if bots ran at 15fps until they added error:4006 and it was being caused by that fps drop)

Having better hardware is the only real work around (or dgvoodoo or smaller resolution for multiboxes etc)
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-05-18 13:59:31
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure he's talking about how playonline does everything half speed while out of focus, not anything related to FFXI itself. I don't know of any existing solution though.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-18 14:10:21
Link | Citer | R

Isn't it the same issue? The game cuts resources to secondary instances and having better gear fixes it.
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-05-18 14:11:25
Link | Citer | R

Nah, playonline seems to have components of the UI coded to behave slower when out of focus. No amount of hardware will change it.
 Cerberus.Echohawk
Serveur: Cerberus
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2022-05-18 22:52:46
Link | Citer | R

I'm looking for additional quad box party setups/suggestions. Primarily I'm wanting to start odyssey (Atonements & segment farms) and to finish my aeonic clears.
Currently I'm using [PUP or COR]/RUN/BRD/GEO. These 5 are pretty well geared with their respective REM gear. The RUN can switch to a mid-low grade SMN for pet stuff, but I've been otherwise fairly inflexible job wise. What job change(s) would you recommend for additional clear coverage?
By Rips 2022-05-20 15:52:16
Link | Citer | R

Can you have both Mega Moglification and a moghancement active at the same time?
 Cerberus.Echohawk
Serveur: Cerberus
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2022-05-25 15:20:31
Link | Citer | R

I'm using an old and basic RDM gearswap file. I'm trying to separate the Phalanx gearset I use on me with the one I use on others {for Phalanx+ gear on self, duration/skill on others). I tried to basically copy/paste what is happening with the Self Cure lines, but I can't seem to get the self Phalanx to work. The CureSelf works, and there is a defined PhalanxSelf elsewhere.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-05-25 18:49:05
Link | Citer | R

Code
function job_post_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)    
if spell.english == "Phalanx II" and spell.target.type == 'SELF' then
        cancel_spell()
        send_command('@input /ma "Phalanx" <me>')
    end
end

Using a RDM lua from Arislan, this is the rule for it in mine and works like a charm.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-05-25 19:49:38
Link | Citer | R

Rips said: »
Can you have both Mega Moglification and a moghancement active at the same time?

No. Only the one with the strongest aura will have effect. Even though it’s not directly labeled as such in your Active Effects KIs, all mega moglifications count as Moghancements
By Dobrusi 2022-05-26 05:12:43
Link | Citer | R

When augmenting gear via Heemo-Weemo, how do you get the item to +1? Initially you can trade him the item and the Coalition Grease to get to lvl 109 but he doesn't accept the trade from there. Any suggestions? Thank you!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-05-26 09:41:11
Link | Citer | R

Dobrusi said: »
When augmenting gear via Heemo-Weemo, how do you get the item to +1? Initially you can trade him the item and the Coalition Grease to get to lvl 109 but he doesn't accept the trade from there. Any suggestions? Thank you!

You don’t trade anything to get it to +1. You buy the +1 directly from Vesca
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-26 11:38:11
Link | Citer | R

So I recently did a mega catch-up with TVR missions and I was wondering what to do with the 3 necks you get in the latter ones.
Sandy one looks useless.
Bastok one looks good for... uhm, Savage Blade? And for idle if you're bastokan.
Windurst I dunno, it could be good for something but what?

I'm looking, if anything, to save some space thanks to these "all jobs" accessories, but if I can't find a proper and not nichey use I'll just put them on the mog slip.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-05-26 11:49:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
So I recently did a mega catch-up with TVR missions and I was wondering what to do with the 3 necks you get in the latter ones.
Sandy one looks useless.
Bastok one looks good for... uhm, Savage Blade? And for idle if you're bastokan.

I'm looking, if anything, to save some space thanks to these "all jobs" accessories, but if I can't find a proper and not nichey use I'll just put them on the mog slip.

Aeolian, or other mab based ws?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-05-26 11:57:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »

bastok one is good for STR based WS and uncapped attack, Of course this vary per job. Idle as you said

Windurst neck is good magic WS on a ton of jobs that are not mages. Think Cata WAR MNK DRG, Aeolian Edge SAM DRK THF etc
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-26 15:31:52
Link | Citer | R

Windy one is good for blue spells also. Probably sanguine also
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-26 15:48:22
Link | Citer | R

Windy neck also usually wins for actual nukes, too.
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2022-05-26 17:24:53
Link | Citer | R

What are the communities like outside of Asura? Is the mercing as bad? Are any servers active apart from Asura? Genuine question, not trying to start anything
First Page 2 3 ... 738 739 740 ... 831 832 833