Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 727 728 729 ... 831 832 833
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-01-06 16:08:52
Link | Citer | R

How do you call out who currently has hate on the target with a command? Tried my best to remember but my memory fails me.
By FaeQueenCory 2022-01-06 16:46:31
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
How do you call out who currently has hate on the target with a command? Tried my best to remember but my memory fails me.
Libra? The SCH JA? Is that what you're thinking of?
Or are you thinking of assist targeting?
I'm not certain what you're looking for.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-01-06 16:52:35
Link | Citer | R

Assist targeting. Apparently it's /assist <t>, but I cannot remember how you make that in to a macro to call out who has hate in party chat.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-01-06 16:54:41
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

If you are not engaged on a mob, but have it targeted, you can type "/as" (or /assist, the 1st version just faster), it will then shift your target to who/what that mob has #1 on its hate list. Its a real *** while you're engaged, but can be a huge asset for your backline/healers who need that info the most.

You could make a dirty single macro to put that info into party chat by doing something like:

/assist <t>
/wait 1
/p hey, the mob is after <t>!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-01-06 16:56:46
Link | Citer | R

And then that person can have a party macro which says "<t> has hate! Run Away". This is what I was looking for, thanks!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-08 23:55:33
Link | Citer | R

Is there any way to search for a piece of gear that has the highest given stat vs any other pieces? Say I want to build an evasion set for a job and I'm looking for leg armor. Are there any commands like wildcard % or some other way to only return the highest evasion value for leg armor in the game? Or do I have to compare each piece of gear? (I know malignance legs are the highest evasion, but more to the question asked).
 Odin.Foxmulder
Serveur: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2022-01-09 00:00:27
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Is there any way to search for a piece of gear that has the highest given stat vs any other pieces? Say I want to build an evasion set for a job and I'm looking for leg armor. Are there any commands like wildcard % or some other way to only return the highest evasion value for leg armor in the game? Or do I have to compare each piece of gear? (I know malignance legs are the highest evasion, but more to the question asked).

This site did provide that a good while back, but I don't think I've seen anything close to it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-09 00:05:00
Link | Citer | R

I was thinking something more along the lines of the search feature on this website. There doesn't seem to be a "sort by value" option. If I could sort highest to lowest of every piece of gear, I would be able to pick the one at the top of the list. But either that doesn't exist or I don't know how to do it. Does BG have something like that?
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-09 07:41:04
Link | Citer | R

It's janky but when I want to find the item with say the highest strength

Advanced search Str+2 (finds all str+2X) Str+3 (finds all str+3X) Str+4 (finds all str+4X) So if you find a 37 but no 4X then you know 37 is the highest

And it's only as accurate as ignoring augments gets you, cause any item could have Str+20 as an augment possibility
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-01-09 09:51:31
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone beside me misses the time, when "Dev Tracker - Discussion" thread was about FFXI news? For the last week I keep opening it in hope that there is something on topic there, but nope, they are still discussing trolling (at least that's what Im getting from fast reading posts there). Can some mod please cut that whole discussion from there and let them discuss in other thread?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-09 10:17:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's janky but when I want to find the item with say the highest strength

Advanced search Str+2 (finds all str+2X) Str+3 (finds all str+3X) Str+4 (finds all str+4X) So if you find a 37 but no 4X then you know 37 is the highest

And it's only as accurate as ignoring augments gets you, cause any item could have Str+20 as an augment possibility

That's what I was doing initially but right there was a cleaner way. This is probably closest to what I want to see. Thanks.

Separate query:

Can you upgrade elemental debuffs via quick draw from Cor support job, provided you can use a gun, bullet, and cards? I don't see anything on the wiki that indicates that the enhanced light shot, for example, is limited to corsair main job, or even if the effect is reduced if it's used by a sub. Also haven't seen anything that says that Trump cards only work for corsair main jobs, like how Master ninja tools are only usable by ninja main. I thought that's how it worked, but haven't gotten around to testing it.
By Pantafernando 2022-01-09 11:02:18
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Does anyone beside me misses the time, when "Dev Tracker - Discussion" thread was about FFXI news? For the last week I keep opening it in hope that there is something on topic there, but nope, they are still discussing trolling (at least that's what Im getting from fast reading posts there). Can some mod please cut that whole discussion from there and let them discuss in other thread?

Its not the first time, it wont be the last.

Nothing to do with moderation, they cant do anything if people keeps idiotically falling to the same bait. People just need to learn to let it go.

[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-09 11:19:34
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Nothing to do with moderation
i mean, the same guy has been making bait posts for 6 pages with responses by 8+ different people, and his sock which isn't even trying to hide is still unbanned too

at some point, the moderation should be stepping in to do something
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-09 11:29:05
Link | Citer | R

Sooner or later, you could also, just not. Crazy ideas and all.

Not taking obvious bait is as effective as moderation.
[+]
By Mattelot 2022-01-09 11:58:47
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Nothing to do with moderation, they cant do anything if people keeps idiotically falling to the same bait. People just need to learn to let it go.

I read through a few pages of it. People calling each other trolls.

One thing that I know for a fact and can say with the utmost confidence is that if you think someone is a troll, you just don't reply to them. Replying to someone you try claiming is a troll shows you're only saying it as a placeholder comment since calling someone an "idiot" or something similar is against the rules or they actually struck a nerve.

Not trying to poke at anyone in particular because quite a few have done it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-09 12:13:22
Link | Citer | R

If after one or two replies the person is seemingly sticking to their unreasonable thinking, Eiryl's point about not engaging in obvious trolling is the most effective way to deal with them. Like I said in other thread, quote responding the same trolls we have blocked renders the block feature completely useless. I would have to block the trolls, then the people who quote the trolls, then I would see random comments (in a dev tracker thread not about dev tracking) and try to figure out the context, which then gets confusing. Sometimes I think people keep these conversations going on so they can disrupt the flow of any useful information we have going on. No other excuse for engaging for as long as that.

Funny how you can say one expletive or "no no" word on a post and get completely topic banned, but you can drag out a complete troll dialogue for a half dozen pages between multiple people, and absolutely nothing happens to you.

Anyways, I asked a random question, hope it doesn't get buried through the same problem we are speaking about :)
By Mattelot 2022-01-09 12:23:29
Link | Citer | R

If after one or two replies the person is seemingly sticking to their unreasonable thinking, Eiryl's point about not engaging in obvious trolling is the most effective way to deal with them.

Not saying you're wrong but a couple people go at it, one person sticks to his guns and what he believes in, the other person thinks he's being unreasonable and pawns him off as a troll even though he's doing the exact same thing... not backing off what he believes. This is not uncommon. The term "troll" is still grossly misused. What kills me is that it was debunked 17 years ago and there are still people who call someone a troll just because they do not agree with them.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-09 12:25:55
Link | Citer | R

As far as I know you should be able to job/cor and still quick draw increase stuff.

it's pretty tough to get all job guns (silver gun and troll gun)

Go back to when the troll gun got added and that was my recommendation to make sure you got it so you could always have someone /cor light shots. Don't think anyone ever tested it though, relatively hard to see the difference in a boosted debuff. 2% more def-/att- isn't exactly noticeable.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-09 12:33:13
Link | Citer | R

Mattelot said: »
If after one or two replies the person is seemingly sticking to their unreasonable thinking, Eiryl's point about not engaging in obvious trolling is the most effective way to deal with them.

Not saying you're wrong but a couple people go at it, one person sticks to his guns and what he believes in, the other person thinks he's being unreasonable and pawns him off as a troll even though he's doing the exact same thing... not backing off what he believes. This is not uncommon. The term "troll" is still grossly misused. What kills me is that it was debunked 17 years ago and there are still people who call someone a troll just because they do not agree with them.

I am not talking about two people having a debate on the topic of the thread or something similar to the discussion. I am not talking about two people having a clear difference of opinion about a subject like game mechanics or battle strategies. You can tell when someone is very clearly trolling just by the fact that their points are debunked fairly quickly and they refuse to acknowledge it. It's easy to just move on from that person and keep the discussion flowing somewhere positive.

I recall a while back in the BST thread, people were talking about how the BST distance nerf really impacted the job and that the direction it was going was not what the players wanted. Some agreeing, but not all. I remember someone came in the thread saying the topic that was being discussed was not productive because people who wanted to see the guide would have to dig through useless back and forth difference of opinions about a year's-old change to the job. But it was still on topic, and nobody in that exchange could be considered a troll because it was just a difference of opinion on topic. What is going on in that Dev tracker thread isn't even on the damn topic and it's going on for pages. THAT is trolling.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-09 12:35:11
Link | Citer | R

Don't think anyone ever tested it though, relatively hard to see the difference in a boosted debuff. 2% more def-/att- isn't exactly noticeable.

You would test the Dia increase from light shot, Ballista should work right? If the Dia DoT increases, that should be an indication that the debuff value also increases? Or maybe use Hojo Ni and Earth shot in ballista, then calculate the timers of a spell (does recast increase by 10%?). Elemental debuff like frost, use shots, see if value of stat- goes up. Think there should be multiple ways to test it
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-09 12:40:26
Link | Citer | R

Yeah ballista should work for it. You can check your def base see the drop from Dia I/II/III and see if it drops again from light shot. Safe to assume the rest if it works for one.

Always forget ballista exists.
By Mattelot 2022-01-09 12:56:38
Link | Citer | R

I am not talking about two people having a debate on the topic of the thread or something similar to the discussion. I am not talking about two people having a clear difference of opinion about a subject like game mechanics or battle strategies. You can tell when someone is very clearly trolling just by the fact that their points are debunked fairly quickly and they refuse to acknowledge it. It's easy to just move on from that person and keep the discussion flowing somewhere positive.

I get what you're saying, bub. I never said you were wrong. I was saying what I said in addendum to what you were saying. Same here. Debunking is a tough nut too. The number of times I've seen someone just post unsourced information or just their personal views and claim they've debunked someone is staggering. I've lost count how someone says something along the lines of "You're 100% wrong because another poster on this forum said so".

A person standing for what they honestly believe doesn't make them a troll.

Trolling is very simple. It's posting to get a rise out of someone. There are varying forms of it and as a 30 year moderator, the one I see the most in the past year is "sealioning". Badgering for proof/justification when you really don't want it. I see it in every forum I regular.
Don't think anyone ever tested it though, relatively hard to see the difference in a boosted debuff. 2% more def-/att- isn't exactly noticeable.

You would test the Dia increase from light shot, Ballista should work right? If the Dia DoT increases, that should be an indication that the debuff value also increases? Or maybe use Hojo Ni and Earth shot in ballista, then calculate the timers of a spell (does recast increase by 10%?). Elemental debuff like frost, use shots, see if value of stat- goes up. Think there should be multiple ways to test it

There is quite a bit of trolling in that thread. The name calling and personal attacks from several people.
 Cpu
By Cpu 2022-01-09 21:41:43
Link | Citer | R

I actually don't mind it as long is it stays isolated to one thread that I can easily ignore, what I don't like is when people start purposefully migrating the drama to other threads when there's absolutely no reason to do so.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-01-10 02:21:25
Link | Citer | R

Cpu said: »
I actually don't mind it as long is it stays isolated to one thread that I can easily ignore, what I don't like is when people start purposefully migrating the drama to other threads when there's absolutely no reason to do so.

I would ignore that sarcasm, because feeding trolls is not something I would want to do, but it implies I did something wrong. I wrote it here, because this is RANDOM question thread and it was actually on topic to write it here. Writing it in Dev Tracker would be another offtopic and also addition to shitstorm you created there. In case you think you will get more from me, you won't.
By Mattelot 2022-01-10 05:32:37
Link | Citer | R

Writing it in Dev Tracker would be another offtopic and also addition to shitstorm you created there.

Not trying to take sides but reading over that thread, it was a combination of people who created it, not just him. He wasn't even the first to take a pot shot at someone. And a few people trolling by calling him a troll project the illusion to on-lookers that he was the source.

And that's not saying he was or was not doing any trolling himself but you had quite a few hypocrites making troll comments while using the "you're a troll" card themselves.

This isn't uncommon.
By SimonSes 2022-01-10 06:10:46
Link | Citer | R

Oh Im not blaming only him, I'm blaming more people for both trolling and being trolled in the wrong thread. He is the one who came here seeking for even more attention tho and trying to start new troll session here by sarcastically accuse me of transferring discussion to different threads. I felt obligated to respond and defend myself once, but I won't do it again for sure. I just want some mod to come and cut that whole discussion from Dev Tracker. Can also cut my comment here, including this one. Just make Dev Tracker clean again.
[+]
By Mattelot 2022-01-10 06:49:35
Link | Citer | R

I mean, was he really seeking attention? To be honest, the whole thing did migrate over to this thread.

People are allowed to disagree or even agree to disagree. When someone brings up things from other threads into others, its a clear indication that they were very upset about it and cannot let it go or need some other form of validation in order to let it go. And in some cases, they do it to troll another person by hoping others will bite and continue bombarding that person elsewhere. It's a common tactic that some use when things have cooled off in one place but someone insists they need to keep it all going.

I'm not insinuating that you're doing that, so please do not misconstrue but it's not fair to say he was seeking attention when he didn't even come in this thread until someone began mentioning it.

And also, don't get me wrong, I'm all about true trolls getting what they deserve but until the rules start being enforced fairly and equally, that's not gonna happen.
By SimonSes 2022-01-10 07:49:19
Link | Citer | R

I don't care if they troll. They can continue this discussion forever. Idgaf. I just want it to be outside of Dev Tracker. Make some thread for them. They can agree and disagree there however they want. I'm not seeking for mod to throw bans, I'm seeking for mod to clean the thread. Is that clear enough now?
By Mattelot 2022-01-10 08:10:11
Link | Citer | R

Is that clear enough now?

I wasn't having difficulty understanding it to begin with. I was just pointing out where the blame was being pointed incorrectly. Not trying to give you a hard time.
By SimonSes 2022-01-10 08:32:22
Link | Citer | R

Mattelot said: »
Is that clear enough now?

I wasn't having difficulty understanding it to begin with. I was just pointing out where the blame was being pointed incorrectly. Not trying to give you a hard time.

Well you kinda have (not understood my motivation I guess). Your response kinda suggests, that you think I care about the reason why Dev Tracker sidetracked (pun intended) or punishing trolls (fairly). My comment wasn't really about that at all. I just want to ask mod to step in and clear that thread and I guess enforce talking about on topic there. I don't really care about who is to blame, or anyone getting punishment. I haven't said anything personal and haven't mentioned anyone in my initial post.
First Page 2 3 ... 727 728 729 ... 831 832 833