Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 705 706 707 ... 830 831 832
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-06-11 14:31:10
Link | Citer | R

Not any problem with crysta, it's better than card period. You can't toggle any more than you can with CC though, you're still going to have to pay for a month at a time. It caps at 9999, so you probably can't add a years worth if accounts are full of dollar mules or being kept active all year. (I guess every 2 months if you're activating them for the turnover period, given your prior mentions of trove and bonanza. Still can't do it with 15 mules though.)

edit: 9999 ($99.99) not 99999 crysta, sorry
[+]
By Rips 2021-06-11 14:34:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean the only real issue is prepaying like that then getting banned.

No refunds.

I'm a good boy.
By Rips 2021-06-11 14:37:57
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Not any problem with crysta, it's better than card period. You can't toggle any more than you can with CC though, you're still going to have to pay for a month at a time. It caps at 99999, so you probably can't add a years worth if accounts are full of dollar mules or being kept active all year. (I guess every 2 months if you're activating them for the turnover period, given your prior mentions of trove and bonanza. Still can't do it with 15 mules though.)

Good to know, thank you.

I was going to keep them active for DI everyday, and unlock Ru'aun for every 2nd one, but after my first big break experience with a dozen Wyrm Ash and a bunch of khoma thread lost... nah.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-11 14:50:31
Link | Citer | R

gave up on the idea of 4 hours a day every day forever for some measly gil so soon? lol
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-06-11 15:55:00
Link | Citer | R

Unless you actually “work” with gil, despite how little “effort” its, all those minimal efforts just keeps summing up, and before you see, its a damn chore that will quickly burn all your energies to play.

After i got 5 chars per account to use DM, it was clear that, while every spin was like 1-2 mins work, in the end it was like 30-40 min just doing that. While doing one round of silver vouchers farming just takes like 10 mins, then you see some 10h work by the end of the month just for that. The new years pouches were also a damn nightmare, despite overall being quite rewarding.

So, in the end, either you have a clear goal to farm cash (like farming to by a Su5), or on the end, better just prioritize quality play.

Or just…..
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-06-11 16:05:46
Link | Citer | R

Rips said: »
I'm making the switch from credit card to crysta for my mules as they're only used a few days a month.

Any tips or warnings? I've heard of people getting login errors if there is insufficient crysta, that's about it.

I'll probably just load up for a years worth.

Personally i just barely fill my crysta used in the month, because i never know when i will take a break. If there is enough crysta, it will be automatically used for new fee. If youre 1 crysta short, the you gonna be denied to play. The “fix” is immediate though. Charge, activate sub then play without much trouble.

If you want to reduce 1$ mule costs, probably you wont be charging your crysta to avoid auto renew. Let the sub be cancelled, recharge crysta, reactivate only the chars you gonna be actually using for the month, and by the end of the cycle, you can just pay the pro-rata for the other subs (just to do monthly stuffs, if youre into that.

Despite using paypal prevent Pol interaction with your CC, you can still eventually trigger any security controls from the CC itself if youre making many consecutive payments with same amount, so normally i dont pay all my mules crysta at same day and with same amount. Thats just me, maybe im just too worried with CC blocks due past SE payment misadventures
By Rips 2021-06-11 16:10:12
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Unless you actually “work” with gil, despite how little “effort” its, all those minimal efforts just keeps summing up, and before you see, its a damn chore that will quickly burn all your energies to play.

After i got 5 chars per account to use DM, it was clear that, while every spin was like 1-2 mins work, in the end it was like 30-40 min just doing that. While doing one round of silver vouchers farming just takes like 10 mins, then you see some 10h work by the end of the month just for that. The new years pouches were also a damn nightmare, despite overall being quite rewarding.

So, in the end, either you have a clear goal to farm cash (like farming to by a Su5), or on the end, better just prioritize quality play.

Or just…..

Or just what?! I hate cliffhangers.
By Rips 2021-06-11 16:13:24
Link | Citer | R

I'm making the switch from credit card to crysta for my mules as they're only used a few days a month.

Any tips or warnings? I've heard of people getting login errors if there is insufficient crysta, that's about it.

I'll probably just load up for a years worth.

Personally i just barely fill my crysta used in the month, because i never know when i will take a break. If there is enough crysta, it will be automatically used for new fee. If youre 1 crysta short, the you gonna be denied to play. The “fix” is immediate though. Charge, activate sub then play without much trouble.

If you want to reduce 1$ mule costs, probably you wont be charging your crysta to avoid auto renew. Let the sub be cancelled, recharge crysta, reactivate only the chars you gonna be actually using for the month, and by the end of the cycle, you can just pay the pro-rata for the other subs (just to do monthly stuffs, if youre into that.

Despite using paypal prevent Pol interaction with your CC, you can still eventually trigger any security controls from the CC itself if youre making many consecutive payments with same amount, so normally i dont pay all my mules crysta at same day and with same amount. Thats just me, maybe im just too worried with CC blocks due past SE payment misadventures

The plan is to minimize cost of my mules for Trove. With the amount I have, I can't get it done in a day. I need about 3. And I like my accounts to be billed the same day.

Hopefully it all lines up okay on my American Express.
By Pantafernando 2021-06-11 16:21:32
Link | Citer | R

Or just…..

By Rips 2021-06-11 16:34:13
Link | Citer | R

Or just…..

I figured. No thanks.

Even if I knew how, or took the time to learn the language to program, I wouldn't. It's not for white hat reasons, I just care too much about my accounts. I want to build an army and have fun with it. Not lose it.

This is all in anticipation for the 20th anniversary as I strongly believe we have (one last) major era of FFXI coming our way. I want to be ready.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-11 17:25:48
Link | Citer | R

It is so easy to burn out doing all the mundane stuff, every single day
[+]
By Rips 2021-06-11 18:18:34
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sudra said: »
I have three accounts, with 12 total characters just able to do trove, not even DM augments; and I am burnt out just doing silver vouchers. All the login things and such just feel like a job at this point in my life.

But at the same time I’m trying to hang on for the anniversary, I am just so unmotivated to actually play. I haven’t even bothered to start whatever the new missions are, and I’ve barely worked on odyssey.

Also, summer time etc…. It’s just another chore most of the time.
Which also makes me sad that I feel this way.

You’re probably hanging on for some similar reasons of me, and most. It’s Fomo. It can also be a pain in the *** to fall far behind.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Dekar
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-06-11 19:02:10
Link | Citer | R

Does Impact stack with elemental debuffs/absorb spells? What about percentage based debuffs like Spoil from a beetle pet?
 Shiva.Kuranesae
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kuraneko
By Shiva.Kuranesae 2021-06-12 03:16:55
Link | Citer | R

Question on TP Bonus offhands (spec. dagger & sword offhand for DNC & BLU respectably, working on augmenting Twashtar and building a Tizona currently):

These need a bunch of acc to make reasonable on higher end content...are these viable for low man groups considering we're adjusting buffs as we need and typically try to boost acc only when we really need to for everyone?

We don't have an Idris GEO yet, but the BRD has most of it's REMA it needs. If I'm the only one needing that kind of acc to pull those weapon combos off is it worth it or just stick to w/e next best ilvl offhand? (when I say low man we could maybe do 2 full parties if everyone's using their extra accounts; none of us do large linkshell stuff) Pre-emptive thanks ^^
By Rips 2021-06-12 04:11:45
Link | Citer | R

Is there a way to see beyond the 25 items purchased / sold on FFXIAH.com for a character? I could have sworn I’ve had a page glitch one and it showed me 100.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-12 08:33:01
Link | Citer | R

You can set yours specifically to 255, yeah

But the other players have to change theirs from the default 25. So you only get to see what theirs is set to. Can't change it so that you can see 255 sales from random player (we should though! losers that hide their sales history are funny) I get a kick out of the accounts that register just to set their sales history to zero, so you know they're doin shady ***.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-06-12 08:49:55
Link | Citer | R

While socket accounts who hide their stuffs sounds like shady, one thing that should be considered is privacy as the regulation changed a lot since the site was create.

And it does expose some sort of personal data that arent even managed by them, as its extracted from another database.

So yeah, thats a risky topic to discuss
By Rips 2021-06-12 09:04:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You can set yours specifically to 255, yeah

But the other players have to change theirs from the default 25. So you only get to see what theirs is set to. Can't change it so that you can see 255 sales from random player (we should though! losers that hide their sales history are funny) I get a kick out of the accounts that register just to set their sales history to zero, so you know they're doin shady ***.

This is awesome. I didn’t know that, at all. It’s great for accounting purposes lol.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2021-06-15 11:34:24
Link | Citer | R

Is there a way to check a crafts level exactly? Trying to figure out the level of an item that has conflicting level caps on the different wikis.
By Pantafernando 2021-06-15 15:24:56
Link | Citer | R

I think you can measure the recipe lv testing at which lv you can stop receiving the deny message. Then you just add the 27 lvs to determine the exact lv.

Though, its a lot of work for that.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-15 15:28:07
Link | Citer | R

Try to craft the item 28 levels under cap. Level up until it lets you try.

Depending on the item, it my be more effort than its worth.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2021-06-15 18:57:10
Link | Citer | R

Gotcha I think I can do that, not really doing it for a reason just want the info right.
By Pantafernando 2021-06-15 19:34:19
Link | Citer | R

Other tools you can use is the skill gear/furniture, synthesis support and even develing for 70-110 range.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2021-06-18 20:28:38
Link | Citer | R

Wait I just reread this, is it 27 or 28?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-18 20:34:26
Link | Citer | R

You will succeed at 27, so I edited it to 28 where you'll fail. Just so it was clearer.
By Pantafernando 2021-06-19 07:16:13
Link | Citer | R

Succeed or failure are bad choices of words.

When you just dont have enough lv, you wont be able to even start the craft. But if you are within the lv range, you can technically succeed or fail.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-06-19 10:20:27
Link | Citer | R

Succeed or fail at attempting the craft.
First Page 2 3 ... 705 706 707 ... 830 831 832