Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 703 704 705 ... 835 836 837
 Leviathan.Mcdonalds
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Mcdonalds 2021-05-26 04:48:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
So I have a friend in this situation.
He has a FFXI and SquareEnix account but his password appearently doesn't work anymore.
He needs to reset it but he can't do it because the email connected to his squareenix account is no longer accessible.

Is his FFXI/SE account lost forever or can he contact someone at SE to solve this situation up? Supposing he can provide all the necessary documents (original registration codes, scan of ID documents etc).

In this case I wonder where should he go, which page, which website etc.

Registered Email Address: [please list any other possible emails you might have used to register this account]

Registered Physical Address (Including Street/City/State/Zip Code): [please list any other possible addresses]

Registered Security Question: [the one provided does not match, please try a different question]

PC/Mac/Steam Registration Code (if applicable):

That's the email I got from support. My problem wasn't the same. But I know what you mean about email being gone. I can't log into my AOL account anymore. It just vanished lol
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-26 04:54:27
Link | Citer | R

May I ask which support page you used to autocompose the assistance request email?
So that I can just copypaste the link to my friend.

Thanks in advance!
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-05-26 08:45:16
Link | Citer | R

When's Nyame getting added to ffxiah?
By Pantafernando 2021-05-26 12:03:57
Link | Citer | R

Send a tell to Rooks, probably on discord
 Bismarck.Sterk
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-05-29 10:32:07
Link | Citer | R

Is it possible to re-obtain the Adoulin quest items like Glorious Earring and Barkarole Earring? Cleaning out my inventory of things I never use and want to throw out a Glorious Earring, but only if it's possible to re-obtain it
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-29 10:35:32
Link | Citer | R

Only with your one time GM item recovery.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-05-29 12:28:18
Link | Citer | R

There are some equipments that arent completely described in english sources.

Japanese actually do research those type of things to make sure what can be discarded and what no.

Regarding Glorious Earring (using translator):

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/32699.html

EDIT: also Barkarole:

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/33908.html
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-05-29 17:13:09
Link | Citer | R

I translated the page for barkarole with google. I’d drop it, but I don’t have 10,000 beards to get it back. :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-05-29 17:58:58
Link | Citer | R

You've been on lockdown. You've grown more than ten thousand beaerds.
[+]
By asuraasrial 2021-05-31 13:30:14
Link | Citer | R

I have a new character only about 3-4 weeks old and got the Silver Mog Pell yesterday or today. For some reason the Festive Moogle won't accept it...just ignores me when I trade it. I tested it on another character to ensure I'm giving it to the correct moogle and I am. I thought maybe because I hadn't cleared any ambuscade on this character it wouldn't give me any ambuscade items so I just did a VE volume 2 and that didn't make a difference. It gave me my destrier beret and choco shirt so no issue there. Any advice?
 Bahamut.Speedycat
Serveur: Bahamut
user: ForteGSX
By Bahamut.Speedycat 2021-05-31 16:01:07
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone know how to get the crafting portion of selindriles luas work, I have no idea how to get them work and I want to say that I'm following the directions correctly. I get an error when I attempt the modes in my charactername_gear_job.lua but I always get an error referencing that line when i attempt to load the lua.

Halp ;_;
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-05-31 20:33:11
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Speedycat said: »
Does anyone know how to get the crafting portion of selindriles luas work, I have no idea how to get them work and I want to say that I'm following the directions correctly. I get an error when I attempt the modes in my charactername_gear_job.lua but I always get an error referencing that line when i attempt to load the lua.

Halp ;_;
I do.
[+]
By Manque 2021-06-01 20:28:50
Link | Citer | R

Wow... Friends List Plus is still up and active...

https://secure.playonline.com/polplusus/friendlist/login.html

Send messages to your friends list from PC.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-06-01 22:09:04
Link | Citer | R

(A thought occurred thanks to Aeonova's "Best FFXI chick" thread) Have Square-Enix or the developers ever said why they've used such a narrow breadth of races for the leading ladies in the game's storylines? You've got Cornelia (Hume), Lion (Hume), Prishe (Elvaan), Nashmeira (Hume), Lilisette (Hume/Elvaan), Arcelia (Hume), and Iroha (Hume). Shantotto's pretty popular across the franchise, so one could argue she counts, but otherwise no Tarutaru. And no Mithra at all.

I'm not complaining, I'm just curious if they've ever established a reason.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-06-02 10:00:11
Link | Citer | R

Is there any working tools out there for viewing ffxi dats?
I'm trying to find a blue bow
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2021-06-02 10:03:32
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
I'm trying to find a blue bow

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/17166/lamian-kaman
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-06-02 10:09:03
Link | Citer | R

That one could be it. But I'd also like to see this one with the dat viewer.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Falubeza

Edit Altana viewer works as of 2020

SU5 Bow is really cool looking
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-06-02 14:17:16
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
(A thought occurred thanks to Aeonova's "Best FFXI chick" thread) Have Square-Enix or the developers ever said why they've used such a narrow breadth of races for the leading ladies in the game's storylines? You've got Cornelia (Hume), Lion (Hume), Prishe (Elvaan), Nashmeira (Hume), Lilisette (Hume/Elvaan), Arcelia (Hume), and Iroha (Hume). Shantotto's pretty popular across the franchise, so one could argue she counts, but otherwise no Tarutaru. And no Mithra at all.

I think Humes have just canonically spread out more in terms of both immigration and colonization, so it just kinda ended up that way. A far south expansion would have likely had a Mithra lead, but we never got that.

Taru characters are also just largely used for comic relief because, well, look at them. You can't really use them as a romantic interest (like the other ladies were to some extent), because if you want to, well why don't you take a seat.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-06-02 14:49:28
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Taru characters are also just largely used for comic relief because, well, look at them. You can't really use them as a romantic interest (like the other ladies were to some extent), because if you want to, well why don't you take a seat.
They aren't really romantic interests (are they?)
They're all really young - like, teenager young - and they don't really show romantic affection to the player. I always envisioned them as the leads of the story with the PC as some sort of Jack Sparrow "kind of a side character that happens to drive the plot forward" character. At least until Rhapsodies.

Oh well. We'll always have great side-characters and quest protagonists covered by all races.
By Pantafernando 2021-06-02 15:23:14
Link | Citer | R

Waiting to have a Galka as a leading lady
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-06-02 16:12:08
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Waiting to have a Galka as a leading lady
We got close with Pretty Heart <3
By Rips 2021-06-02 18:54:07
Link | Citer | R

If I were to take all my mules, including my main, to DI everyday, with only Zi'tah and Ru'aun unlocked on all them, roughly how long would it take on Asura?

I'm ballparking 4 to 5 hours if I sit there and do it back to back. Probably 3-4 mules being able to be completed in an hour or so as DI doesn't always start right away.

My work from home job would allow this simple but monotonous task, especially if I have them logged out inside the zone.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-02 19:09:58
Link | Citer | R

If you left every other account at zitah and every other account at ruann... 4 an hour... 16 characters, yeah about 4-5 hours. Unless a mireu popped.

Is it for wyrm ash? is 100 mil worth that much effort.
By Rips 2021-06-02 19:30:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
If you left every other account at zitah and every other account at ruann... 4 an hour... 16 characters, yeah about 4-5 hours. Unless a mireu popped.

I have a very boring job on a laptop. I could get away with doing this but not much else that would require my attention.

And yeah, I would love to have the wyrm ash for my escu.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-06-02 21:05:21
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
They aren't really romantic interests (are they?)
They're all really young - like, teenager young - and they don't really show romantic affection to the player. I always envisioned them as the leads of the story with the PC as some sort of Jack Sparrow "kind of a side character that happens to drive the plot forward" character. At least until Rhapsodies.

Oh well. We'll always have great side-characters and quest protagonists covered by all races.

I think there are some dialogue differences in a few places depending on your character's gender, so you may not have gotten some of the flirtier lines, and either way it can be left up to interpretation but- there's a cutscene where you're literally staring at Arciela's *** lol

Prishe and Iroha weren't really portrayed like that (for obviously reasons in the case of Prishe, though that didn't stop the internet), but the former is one of the few cases of a non-Hume companion and the latter's race was necessitated by her parentage.
By SimonSes 2021-06-03 02:46:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

76 if you sell in stacks. 60 if you sell singles and that's only on Asura. On other servers it might be less.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-06-03 12:20:51
Link | Citer | R

Say you were to make a crafting escutcheon, could you delevel that craft, raise up another one, and make a second escutcheon on the same character? or all escutcheons?

I know it's crazy talk. I'm not going to do it. I'm just curious for completion purposes.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-06-03 12:22:38
Link | Citer | R

I recall using an addon at one point that showed live ffxiah prices when vendoring items.
After some searching, I found pricer can query if you type out the full name and so can guildwork, but I am looking for something a little more either active display or lenient with spelling like findall.
By Pantafernando 2021-06-03 12:45:29
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Say you were to make a crafting escutcheon, could you delevel that craft, raise up another one, and make a second escutcheon on the same character? or all escutcheons?

I know it's crazy talk. I'm not going to do it. I'm just curious for completion purposes.

The shield is an item, once its complete, youre free to do anything else.

I just think you cant do many shields at same time because you need to be signed to a guild, so you can interact with guild master. But aside that, i dont see any other restriction.

I actually even made the base cooking shield before stopping and redoing woodworking because cooking sucks too much
By Morihei 2021-06-03 13:58:44
Link | Citer | R

Alright, it's been a few months. I've always loved BST way too much. Have there been any updates for gear or abilities in the last few months? Has the dynamic changed from the DD + support pet style yet? Do we have any attack shields or pet powerups?
First Page 2 3 ... 703 704 705 ... 835 836 837