Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 696 697 698 ... 831 832 833
By Pantafernando 2021-02-28 01:53:40
Link | Citer | R

asuraasrial said: »
Is there a way to tell which weapon skills would benefit from multi attack gear?

Maybe a general rule are WS with lower ftp on the main hand. Rudra, savage blade, fudo, for example, have high ftp on the first hit so generally its more benefit adding WSD gear to improve that strong first hit.

Other WS with ftp close to 1 for example, like shun, shijin, the benefit of WSD is lower. Also they dont crit so there arent many option aside adding stat modifier and/or multi attack.
By SimonSes 2021-02-28 07:50:24
Link | Citer | R

It's not really that simple. There are high ftp WSs with ftp replication on all hits. Those benefits a lot from multiattack and the lower the number of base hits, the more impactful are those multiattack (best example here is howling fist). There are also WS with high ftp on first hit that still have a lots of hits beside that first and also benefit from multi attack (like Upheaval and Insurgency for example). There is also third big stat that was rare but is now common, which is PDL and this one benefit all WSs the same, but only if you can cap attack.
By Davorin 2021-03-01 18:55:32
Link | Citer | R

What is Zerde's estimated evasion? I need to skill up my google fu because I can't seem to find a solid number. Many thanks.
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-03-01 19:22:55
Link | Citer | R

What dagger is better paired with a fully upgraded Twastar on DNC? (Just finished mine) the perfect taming sari or the centovente? I have both daggers, haven't done much testing yet, but if anyone knows or has any experience with it I'd love to know :D
By drakefs 2021-03-01 20:20:05
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Cesil said: »
perfect taming sari or the centovente?

As long as you are able to take the ACC hit, Cento will win out.
By Rips 2021-03-01 21:31:24
Link | Citer | R

Do we know what the evasion is on VD avatars, remotely? Ballpark?

My blackbeard randy has roughly 1,000 without food and its Razor Fangs were missing Garuda here and there.
 Cerberus.Dekar
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-03-02 03:58:43
Link | Citer | R

Doesn't this seem like some of the gear trends in FFXI?

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Esper_(Final_Fantasy_XII)

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Chemist

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Poison_(element)#Final_Fantasy_V

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_V_accessories#Armlets

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Dimensions

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/C%C3%BAchulainn

Dunno why the link won't highlight.
By RadialArcana 2021-03-02 06:43:52
Link | Citer | R

I had a weird issue for over a year where all instances of FFXI would crash out at a few times a week, even if they were all in different places.

It turned out it had nothing to do with FFXI at all, it was another game that had "check for updates" turned to on. When this other game was doing a check for updates it was crashing all instances of FFXI.

I have no idea why this would happen when I'm using windower but it did, not sure if it was trying to launch a popup or something and that was causing it. Just pointing it out incase someone else is having a similar issue.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-03-02 09:56:33
Link | Citer | R

Rips said: »
Do we know what the evasion is on VD avatars, remotely? Ballpark?

My blackbeard randy has roughly 1,000 without food and its Razor Fangs were missing Garuda here and there.
Back when people used to do these in pickups, I had a person that would ask for my acc and required 1100-1200 (can't recall which)
I think there have been some monster evasion adjustments since then, but you can also just look at your razor fang acc and reverse engineer it from there since every 1% acc you need to cap is roughly 2 acc irrc.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-02 10:50:08
Link | Citer | R

Keep in mind that Razor Fang likely gets +100 accuracy innate on first hit because it's a WS.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-03-05 09:59:47
Link | Citer | R

How do days work with crafting, if I'm crafting with a wind crystal is it the case that crafting on ice day increases success and crafting on earth day increases HQ / fail rate?
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-03-05 11:01:26
Link | Citer | R

no impact either way
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2021-03-05 11:32:13
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
How do days work with crafting, if I'm crafting with a wind crystal is it the case that crafting on ice day increases success and crafting on earth day increases HQ / fail rate?

Nah. Nothing affects crafting success/HQ/fail rate other than gear/items/buffs that specifically modify it (to my knowledge). No days, weather, direction, etc.

Officially mentioned by SE:
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/51149-FINAL-FANTASY-XI-Reddit-AMA-Summary?s=d25905c28fbd4f9bf52d074a00a3e995&p=583640#post583640
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-03-06 07:30:53
Link | Citer | R

If you have a craft at 106 and want to take another craft above 70 does it delete all 6 levels from the first when you unlock 70>80 or does it reduce the number as you make progress past 74?

Also, if you use a Synergy party can you effectively have two 110 skills making something for a much higher HQ rate (when the craft has a sub skill requirement)?
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-03-06 07:44:10
Link | Citer | R

Uncapping the craft at 70 does not do anything, and you'll lose points on a .1 scale as your lower craft gets into high 73s(or 74.1 if you're at exactly 106.0). Note that the guild masters for any craft that is uncapped past 70 have an option to reduce all other crafts to 70 instantly that you must be careful of if trying to keep both above 70.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-03-06 08:06:01
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Also, if you use a Synergy party can you effectively have two 110 skills making something for a much higher HQ rate (when the craft has a sub skill requirement)?

AFAIK, you dont use anything of synergy in the crafting recipes.

They are two different categories.
By Pantafernando 2021-03-06 08:10:19
Link | Citer | R

If you are meaning about the strategy to complete RoE goldsmithing Brass Jadagnas+1 x5, there are a couple of ways to hit a new tier of synthesis.

Probably the less painful is indeed dropping the goldsmithing and earning a couple on leather.

You dont need to drop much though, as you use the equipment to increase the sub, like gloves, necks, furnitures, synthesis suport, etc.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-03-06 11:21:16
Link | Citer | R

I got both leather items (gloves and body) and I think I had advanced leather support to hit it.

Didn't lower my gold at all
By RadialArcana 2021-03-06 12:38:02
Link | Citer | R

Can't remember where I saw it but I read advanced support doesn't work for HQ rates.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-06 12:40:54
Link | Citer | R

Why would anyone think that lol. It's just temporary skill +3.
By RadialArcana 2021-03-06 12:43:25
Link | Citer | R

Can't find it again, maybe I just misread.
By Pantafernando 2021-03-06 13:09:24
Link | Citer | R

Maybe you thought the ring that prevent HQing.

Or the shield effect that prevent N-ing
By RadialArcana 2021-03-06 20:29:17
Link | Citer | R

Anyone else crash in the room shown above about 30-40% of the time when you enter it? I'm seeing a bug with the fire where it doesn't properly load sometimes and crashes out.

I'm pretty sure it's a bug as old as the game itself but making sure it's not just me. Doesn't always crash but it's quite a high %. If I run out, let the door close and move a bit away and enter again a few times I'll always crash after a handful of tries.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-03-06 22:06:56
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
I got both leather items (gloves and body) and I think I had advanced leather support to hit it.

Didn't lower my gold at all

unless i'm missing something that's only 29 levels above the leather requirement, i'm on this trial now and it sucks.

could add torque to hit 31 but i don't know if i'd rather do that or just farm up materials and tough it out.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-03-06 22:14:28
Link | Citer | R

Maybe I had the Torque then too. Who knows at this point it's been a while
By RadialArcana 2021-03-09 06:44:39
Link | Citer | R

Is there any real value in leveling cooking or alchemy these days?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-09 07:02:40
Link | Citer | R

The gamble that the next best item in the game will be made via alchemy. Any given update the most wanted item could be made via any real craft and they win big.

Food only in so far as you want an unlimited supply of cheap attack food for yourself. It has no value as a gain mechanism, but it's cool to be able to have hydra kofte and steaks when there are zero on the AH.
[+]
By Mattelot 2021-03-09 11:47:24
Link | Citer | R

Any thoughts on Drepanum for Drk?

I've read guides and nobody ever talks about it. Is it that bad or is there just little info about it?
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-03-09 11:57:37
Link | Citer | R

What are the different beastmen's weaknesses in Odyssey? I'm assuming one is weak to blunt, one to piercing, and one to slashing?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-09 12:01:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirris said: »
What are the different beastmen's weaknesses in Odyssey? I'm assuming one is weak to blunt, one to piercing, and one to slashing?

It helps to not think of them as "weaknesses", as they function more as "resists". One type of damage will be reduced, but that doesn't mean if you don't abuse a specific weakness you're ***outta luck.

I don't have info for A or B, but in C:

Lamia resist Slashing
Trolls resist Blunt
Mamool Ja resist Piercing/Magical (not 100% convinced on the magical aspect for all Mamool Ja, I can still get respectable damage on many of them, but I do default to Savage over other options on COR for them)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 696 697 698 ... 831 832 833