Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 687 688 689 ... 834 835 836
 Shiva.Znitch
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2021-01-23 17:37:40
Link | Citer | R

DaneBlood said: »
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
purple eh? There's always malignance, amalric, etc

and there's tons of stuff with purple accents even if not entirely purple. befouled crown has purple accents but its uggggly

stuff like this mish mash of garbage I just did in 2 seconds:

what is that head ?

Byakko Masque from forum contests
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-23 23:01:34
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Did anyone ever check to see if K.O. via TP Move is the same as K.O. via the spell Death?

So here's what I've encountered using Wayward Bhoots & Apex Bhoots in Ra'Kaznar Inner Court:

Test 1.
Threw 5 PLD trusts at both types of Bhoots.
In both circumstances, they both used Perdition and killed off my trusts one by one.
In both cases, Perdition was HEAVILY favored over other TP MOves.

Test 2.
Summoned both Mnejing and my Automaton against both types of Bhoots.
In both circumstances (10 Wayward Bhoot Kills and a single 12 minute Apex Bhoot fight) they NEVER used Perdition.

Which is somewhat circumstantial as I never saw Perdition used for a solid yes or no confirmation.

Though it does spring a new question:

If in the case of an Instant Death/K.O. TP move, is there a check that occurs in the background if the target is an Automaton?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-01-24 15:44:22
Link | Citer | R

I would note that resist death gear can proc vs Perdition. Although it displays as a miss rather than a resist! proc. Test link
[+]
By zixxer 2021-01-24 17:16:05
Link | Citer | R

Did anyone actually play tetramaster and how was it?
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2021-01-24 19:45:30
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone low-man cleared the last Dyna-D bosses?
 Shiva.Berzerk
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-01-24 19:57:20
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Has anyone low-man cleared the last Dyna-D bosses?

This channel has a few 6-man clears of the dyna W3 bosses, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUNSm3oprIf2GPAlvVOIGmg
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-25 16:24:23
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I would note that resist death gear can proc vs Perdition. Although it displays as a miss rather than a resist! proc. Test link
Thanks Martel! Sorry I missed that post when the thread was active. Much appreciated!
By asuraasrial 2021-01-25 17:30:25
Link | Citer | R

Not quite FFXI related but a more PC related problem but I for sure didn’t want to start a new thread for this. I shut down FFXI on Saturday and after the 30 kneel whereas the window should close it instead turned black. I couldn’t close it by clicking the X in the top right corner and ctl alt del did nothing. I ended up killing it with the power button. Now when I click Playonline or Windower I will make it to the Playonline splash screen as normal then when it disappears Playonline doesn’t come up. It will show in the taskbar and hovering over it shows the window as solid black. Right clicking the taskbar and closing Playonline brings up the Playonline “do you want to quit” box. I’ve installed the game fresh onto a brand new SSD and still the problem remains. I hooked up a spare GPU and that did nothing either. None of my friends are into PC gaming so I have no one to ask for advice on what to try next. Any suggestions? I’m about to download XIV onto the new SSD just to see what happens when I try to load it. Any advice or suggestion is appreciated.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-01-25 18:12:25
Link | Citer | R

It could be an issue with your RAM cards.
By asuraasrial 2021-01-25 20:07:41
Link | Citer | R

It isn’t ram...I ran a diagnostic then switched sticks with my son’s computer and the issue persists
By Pantafernando 2021-01-26 01:17:35
Link | Citer | R

If its something that was working then suddenly stopped to work, first thing i would do would be checking system and drivers updates available and grab them all.
By DaneBlood 2021-01-26 09:33:04
Link | Citer | R

asuraasrial said: »
It isn’t ram...I ran a diagnostic then switched sticks with my son’s computer and the issue persists

Which diagnostics a lot of them is pretty bad.
if you ran the windows built in ramtest you can use that for anything as it full of false negative (ran 17 hours in extended mode on memory that would give graphical errors on boot and be unable to even load windows)

make sure it was memtest 86 booted in uefi mode aka v 7.x or newer
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-01-26 14:20:24
Link | Citer | R

Have you tried to run any other games? If several other games have the same problem then it's probably your hardware.

Also try changing the desktop resolution after you load Play Online. Maybe the window is hidden somewhere.

If none of the above work then back up your User folder and reinstall FFXI to see if you can run it.
By Tathamet 2021-01-26 14:23:15
Link | Citer | R

Stupid question - do sambas from multiple dancers in a party stack? i.e. 1 dancer doing haste, another doing drain, etc.
 Asura.Tawhoya
Serveur: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2021-01-26 14:29:17
Link | Citer | R

Tathamet said: »
Stupid question - do sambas from multiple dancers in a party stack? i.e. 1 dancer doing haste, another doing drain, etc.

They do not.
By Rips 2021-01-26 15:34:53
Link | Citer | R

Looking for some tech input regarding PC specs. I'm currently 3 boxing and want to level up to 6 boxing. My specs are below. Please let me know if it's possible:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
Installed RAM: 12.0 GB

A friend said I could if I turned the settings down.
By DaneBlood 2021-01-26 15:40:54
Link | Citer | R

ffxi runs crappy on every computer not alot to do that about it.
you should be able to 6 boc on that one

I dua boxed on an old pentium M laptop

in comparions seriusm sam SE that was release the same year i believe run at 600-800FPS same resolution as FFXI has issue hitting 60FPS constantly with. Shitty coding is shitty

expcet a littler over 512MB of RAM per session + whatever you need for OS/backgrounds. so 12GB should be fine
games does not really use more than one core due to bad threading ability so 4 cores with SMT should be OK.

if you run into issues installing my project mercury from majorgeeks can help a bit on lag experience
By Rips 2021-01-26 15:46:29
Link | Citer | R

ffxi runs crappy on every computer not alot to do that about it.
you should be able to 6 boc on that one

I dua boxed on an old pentium M laptop

in comparions seriusm sam SE that was release the same year i believe run at 600-800FPS same resolution as FFXI has issue hitting 60FPS constantly with. Shitty coding is shitty

expcet a littler over 512MB of RAM per session + whatever you need for OS/backgrounds. so 12GB should be fine
games does not really use more than one core due to bad threading ability so 4 cores with SMT should be OK.

if you run into issues installing my project mercury from majorgeeks can help a bit on lag experience

I have no idea what you just said - but thank you.
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-01-26 16:02:42
Link | Citer | R

please don't do this, windows manages threads itself and project mercury is a catchy name but the application is not actually helpful for anything at all and can cause severe stutter if the restrictions on thread usage result in a core being maxed out

don't start setting affinity either for the same reason; when something spikes demand and a core can't satisfy it your whole system will stutter instead of windows rearranging tasks on it's own

i would not take him at his word that your pc can 6box, you can get a basic sample for yourself by running at 60fps with your 3 characters, since almost everything ffxi does is at the same pace as render thread you'll expect roughly half the framerate when running 6, provided you don't run out of ram or vram (45fps with 3 = 22fps with 6, and so on).. you didn't even mention what GPU you have so it's absolutely impossible for anyone to say what you can run with even the slightest bit of certainty

while i don't doubt you could potentially dualbox on a pentium M at some point in time, the game client has been bloated significantly since then(to say nothing of all the windower addon/plugin bloat), so it's not a meaningful metric either
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-01-26 16:07:12
Link | Citer | R

There should t be any problem.

I was 6-boxing with an inferior PC 4-years old.

Desktops in general can run way better than notebooks. Iirc, my desktops never needed to resort to dgvoodoo while all my notebooks needed it even for single box.

That said, make sure to disable all effects from your chars. If you happen to have it turned on, it wont be pretty seeing 6 chars calling WHM trust casting at same time shell and protectga. Possibly reducing the clipping plane should help but in my experience, just turning off effects, trust do the trick.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-01-26 16:09:11
Link | Citer | R

You really need to know the power of the PC to comment meaningfully on this. His CPU has less power than most 5-year old phones, and we don't know what GPU he has.

Obviously if you reduce background resolution and framerate, you can run more than if you don't, but the best way to find out is to use a more relevant measurement, like his current performance.
[+]
 Bahamut.Sobius
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2021-01-26 16:20:35
Link | Citer | R

Read the BG Information page, and I still don't understand Oborro..

Which stone is best to use to try and get -damage taken as an augment? Does it matter? I haven't seen it come up even once with any of them.

Thanks in advance!
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-01-26 16:26:10
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Sobius said: »

Which stone is best to use to try and get -damage taken as an augment? Does it matter? I haven't seen it come up even once with any of them.

Thanks in advance!

Think of the augments in 3 categories:

1. Stats like STR, VIT, MND, etc.

2. "Special" stats like +WSD, -damage taken, Fast Cast, Crit rate, etc.

3. "Base" stats like accuracy/attack, ranged accuracy/ranged attack, magic attack bonus/magic accuracy.

TAUPE stones will guarantee that the STR/VIT stuff always shows up, and has a higher cap on that particular stat than Fern or Pellucid (15 vs 10). It does NOT guarantee that it will be a good aug, just the potential.

FERN stones do the same for the "Special" category, and again have a higher cap vs the other two type of stones. Example being that +WSD caps at +4 for Taupe and Pellucid, but cap at +5 for Fern.

PELLUCID guarantees the "Base" stats, and has a noticably higher cap vs the other two stones.

You never prevent one family of augment by using one type of stone. ALL stones can give all 3 types of augments- the types just guarantee their family appears and has a higher potential.

EDIT****

Keep in mind that the different pieces of gear also have "paths"- like Odyssean gear can be "Melee" or "Magic". This limits the type of augs from each family that appears. For example, if you chose the "melee" path, you'll see the Pellucid family augment of acc/atk. ranged and magical acc/atk will occassionally appear as a bonus, but the primary augs follow the "path" chosen.

A Fern stone on Merlinic Gear using the "Magical" path won't see any -Pet Damage taken or Pet:Regen augs.
[+]
By Rips 2021-01-26 16:38:53
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
You really need to know the power of the PC to comment meaningfully on this. His CPU has less power than most 5-year old phones, and we don't know what GPU he has.

Obviously if you reduce background resolution and framerate, you can run more than if you don't, but the best way to find out is to use a more relevant measurement, like his current performance.

I completely forgot to post this.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.

And thank you, Thorny. I trust your authority on this than most on here.
By Rips 2021-01-26 16:40:54
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
That said, make sure to disable all effects from your chars.

That goes without saying. Definitely will.
By DaneBlood 2021-01-26 17:12:58
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
please don't do this, windows manages threads itself and project mercury is a catchy name but the application is not actually helpful for anything at all and can cause severe stutter if the restrictions on thread usage result in a core being maxed out

don't start setting affinity either for the same reason; when something spikes demand and a core can't satisfy it your whole system will stutter instead of windows rearranging tasks on it's own

i would not take him at his word that your pc can 6box, you can get a basic sample for yourself by running at 60fps with your 3 characters, since almost everything ffxi does is at the same pace as render thread you'll expect roughly half the framerate when running 6, provided you don't run out of ram or vram (45fps with 3 = 22fps with 6, and so on).. you didn't even mention what GPU you have so it's absolutely impossible for anyone to say what you can run with even the slightest bit of certainty

while i don't doubt you could potentially dualbox on a pentium M at some point in time, the game client has been bloated significantly since then(to say nothing of all the windower addon/plugin bloat), so it's not a meaningful metric either

Windows does not put out threads optimally.
only up til last yeah did windows 10 get an update to properly work with CCX based CPU.

Prior to that besides an exception in windows 2k for hyperhreading in multi socket system. All logical cores was treated equally

This means that on a SMT/CMT based CPU, thread0 could go to logicalcore0 and thread1 could go to logicalcore1. both logicalcore0 and logicalcore1 goes to the same physsical cores. which leads to reduced performance as they have to share 1 core.

By using core affinity you can direct the threads to 2 diffent logical cores that leads to 2 different physsical cores. with increased performance.

Otherwise you are correct

also beside the qaunta boost of 2 extra quanta for foreground application windows distributed quanta evenly across process/threads in the same priority class

What project mercury do is dynamically adjust the priority so whatever you are looking at right now get the bigger load and thereby you have a smoother experience.

This is an example of a 23% in FPS boost from simply using project mercury to reduce the drawback of moderne day SMT/CCX based cpu's
https://www.reddit.com/r/BattleRite/comments/97vv24/serious_performance_boost_on_ryzen_with_project/

There is a reason why AMD "GAME MODE" disable a CCX unit. cause its not optimal with a CCX splitup or an SMT when you are hovering in the low numbers of CPU heavy threads

The drawback from SMT and CCX really only takes 5 mins to test with any cpu heavy programs that you can adjust the threads on

TLDR: CCX and SMT can hurt performance if you have a low (but more than 1) amount of cpu heavy threads.
This has been known since the first generation i7 (first consumer cpu with multicore and SMT)
 Bahamut.Sobius
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2021-01-26 17:51:16
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Bahamut.Sobius said: »

Thanks in advance!

Think of the augments in 3 categories:

1. Stats like STR, VIT, MND, etc.

2. "Special" stats like +WSD, -damage taken, Fast Cast, Crit rate, etc.

3. "Base" stats like accuracy/attack, ranged accuracy/ranged attack, magic attack bonus/magic accuracy.

TAUPE stones will guarantee that the STR/VIT stuff always shows up, and has a higher cap on that particular stat than Fern or Pellucid (15 vs 10). It does NOT guarantee that it will be a good aug, just the potential.

FERN stones do the same for the "Special" category, and again have a higher cap vs the other two type of stones. Example being that +WSD caps at +4 for Taupe and Pellucid, but cap at +5 for Fern.

PELLUCID guarantees the "Base" stats, and has a noticably higher cap vs the other two stones.

You never prevent one family of augment by using one type of stone. ALL stones can give all 3 types of augments- the types just guarantee their family appears and has a higher potential.

EDIT****

Keep in mind that the different pieces of gear also have "paths"- like Odyssean gear can be "Melee" or "Magic". This limits the type of augs from each family that appears. For example, if you chose the "melee" path, you'll see the Pellucid family augment of acc/atk. ranged and magical acc/atk will occassionally appear as a bonus, but the primary augs follow the "path" chosen.

A Fern stone on Merlinic Gear using the "Magical" path won't see any -Pet Damage taken or Pet:Regen augs.

Thank you for this clear answer. This helps immensely moving forward. Appreciate it!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-27 17:29:36
Link | Citer | R

Anyone out there done excessive mog gardening.

No, not rank 777777. Beyond that, as in you still mine every day. You still hit the pond every day.

If so, be a doll and verify the beyond rank 7 gardening titles please.

"How do I do that"
Ask your moogle for information about the garden. Tell (us) how many times you've collected from each thing.

Verify highest title at the bard by the courier's in western. TT at the fountain. They will be 600g or higher category.
Agrarian Tutelar
Jungle Praetor
Adamanttock
Monke-Onke Master
Leviauthority
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-01-27 17:31:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Anyone out there done excessive mog gardening.

No, not rank 777777. Beyond that, as in you still mine every day. You still hit the pond every day.

If so, be a doll and verify the beyond rank 7 gardening titles please.

good lord I never even delved into any knowledge of ranks past 7 (assuming the titles were drawn from the dats?).
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-27 17:34:10
Link | Citer | R

They're in the dats, yes, and have suggested values (that may be too high)

Also, point of clarity, they do not rank beyond 7, but have a title for continuing to use beyond rank 7 (attempting to verify*)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 687 688 689 ... 834 835 836