Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 685 686 687 ... 834 835 836
By Pantafernando 2021-01-14 04:07:42
Link | Citer | R

Ow, well...
For rank 3 i guess i can go with the polearm for abyssea red proc purposes, or the ranged for claiming
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-01-14 04:40:14
Link | Citer | R

Gonna think on it for a day or two, but my reasoning for Dagon is that it just feels more unique to me, especially with the SBII+10 allowing for SB+65 builds on SAM DRK WAR and SB+70 on DRG. And some fairly practical additional uses: Shining One Impulse Drive, Stardiver, strong Meva... Significantly harder to solo/2box Kin too, as opposed to Gin for Ashera if I really wanted to farm bodies (I do not).

Ashera would be pretty cool on RUN hybrid/DD builds, and is totally what I'd pick on my other character (mage/support jobs, including R15 Carn BRD). But Ayanmo +2 body fills a similar enough niche for RUN, even if not quite as good (especially with Mythic AM3 up). On THF MNK NIN DNC, all of which I do play, I feel like Malignance pretty much made Ashera obsolete. If I'm missing something there, input welcome!

Interesting point about Udug mercs that I hadn't considered! I don't play on a server with much of a merc culture though, so that's not really available to me without a transfer. But yeah, it'd be a PUP nuke piece for me anyway (lol) so not much of a priority.

Pantafernando said: »
Shamash imo is the best option (i know you said you dont play mages, but...)

Everyone played BLU at some point in life. If they didnt, they should, for cleaving purposes, etc.

I already have Shamash on my mage alt (separate account) where I'd actually care about it. No interest on this character. The only job I have that can equip it is BLU, which I don't really like much. To illustrate my apathy toward BLU, I took a JSE +1 neck from like r10 to r20 solely by chipping away using the heroism items I got as drops in Dyna runs - just so I wouldn't have to actually play the job in the event lol. I really only use my BLU for AoE on pre-ilevel stuff (Mythic farming is pretty much it), where I'm totally fine with just using Jhakri +2 for nukes and ignoring DT- since we're talking about non-threatening mobs. And TBH, now I generally prefer BST anyway for AoE.

Ow, well...
For rank 3 i guess i can go with the polearm for abyssea red proc purposes, or the ranged for claiming

Polearm is also a baller lockstyle (the REAL endgame), that you actually get to see as opposed to only appearing when readying a throwing pull... I really wish Grudge had been a lockstyle shuriken, or that they'd add one of those.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-14 05:45:43
Link | Citer | R

Ashera Vs Malignance is, I dunno. Malignance body is an upgrade? Or a sidegrade?

Slightly more DT, slightly more STP, slightly more acc, slightly more Meva (Ashera still has higher-than-usual Meva), way more Eva and PDL if you're att capped.

Ashera Harness has lotsa attack (and STR tiers), more HP and the Resist Paralyze.

Without Malignance Tabard there would be no contest, but with the Tabard out there I dunno. They have different pros/cons but they're pretty much interchangeable for the jobs who can equip it.

You're right about the SBII niche of Dagon Breastplate and, while usually cheaper than Ashera Harness (at least on Asura) it still gets sold for lotsa money, and you're right that Kin is probably more annoying to solo/lowman than Gin.
If you like the jobs on Dagon and use them often, I'd probably go for Dagon Breastplate myself.
SBII is a rare stat.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-14 05:47:36
Link | Citer | R

Ow, well...

I took costume. That Spriggan costume is awesome. Always wanted to have one. Not sure which to take now, green red or purple xD
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-14 07:04:59
Link | Citer | R

Looks like everyone except ol' Sechs got something!
I'm not surprised, won nothing but rank6 (rank4 this time) for the past 3-4 Bonanzas lol
By Pantafernando 2021-01-14 07:25:03
Link | Citer | R

I also didnt get anything.

But considering that i sequentially choose my marbles, and i have 60 available chars, the odds i will get a rank 2 or omen body is like 60%.

Next bonanza probably i will get something
 Asura.Briko
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2021-01-14 07:28:35
Link | Citer | R

Someone better be a hero and get Onion Sword III. I wanna lnow what FB2 does :(
By SimonSes 2021-01-14 07:39:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Briko said: »
Someone better be a hero and get Onion Sword III. I wanna lnow what FB2 does :(

Exactly and if that works in offhand.

Its better be shitty too, so I can be less jelly XD
[+]
 Siren.Obysuca
Serveur: Siren
user: Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2021-01-14 08:19:32
Link | Citer | R

Figured I'd ask here since there's a few other bonanza related stuff, but am I missing something?

"Rank 1: 397 (all three digits)
Rank 2: 79 (last 2 digits)
Rank 3: 1 (last digit)"

By that logic, 97 and 7 should be rank 2 and 3, right? Where did the "1" come from if all three digits are 397?

Either I'm stupid or someone at SE screwed a bunch of people out of rank 2 and 3 prizes.
It's been a couple of years since I entered a bonanza, but I don't remember the moogle's "the winning numbers for each rank are" being keyboard smashed like "1836189000" and then changing when you talk to them again.
By SimonSes 2021-01-14 08:21:36
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Obysuca said: »
Figured I'd ask here since there's a few other bonanza related stuff, but am I missing something?

"Rank 1: 397 (all three digits)
Rank 2: 79 (last 2 digits)
Rank 3: 1 (last digit)"

By that logic, 97 and 7 should be rank 2 and 3, right? Where did the "1" come from if all three digits are 397?

Either I'm stupid or someone at SE screwed a bunch of people out of rank 2 and 3 prizes.

All 3 are independent. They random for each of them separately. Also its 97 and 79.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-01-14 15:54:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Without Malignance Tabard there would be no contest, but with the Tabard out there I dunno. They have different pros/cons but they're pretty much interchangeable for the jobs who can equip it.

I guess I'll go Dagon for SBII SAM DRK WAR DRG builds, and Stardiver/Impulse Drive just cuz I think I'll get more mileage out of those uses than Ashera on my RUN.

The real selling point of Ashera is for Epeolatry RUN and Carnwenhan BRD, since STP is a lot better than DA for Mythic/Ergon AM3 up. Otherwise, Ayanmo +2 exists for and is a similar use case piece for both jobs. For the rest of the jobs on Ashera, I just don't see using it over Malignance Tabard (though it was pretty killer before that existed).

FWIW, before Malignance I would have also thought reeeeal hard about Udug for PUP DT- body.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-15 16:17:48
Link | Citer | R

Random question, has anyone seen anyone at all chat in the assist channel since the update? Is it off by default now?

... I did the roe with the assist channel FAQ but didn't actually read any of it lol

Hey, check that out, ask and answered in game like 2 minutes later
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-15 17:29:53
Link | Citer | R

No one uses it as far as I've seen, at least on the dead servers like lakshmi
By Pantafernando 2021-01-15 17:32:20
Link | Citer | R

Silly how they warn us to complete this RoE, forever telling it everytime we zone to home nations
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2021-01-17 13:33:45
Link | Citer | R

My friend is trying to stream the game via Discord, but whenever they try to give Discord audio permissions for the game, it causes the game to crash. This happens both with and without windower. Anybody have any idea as to why this might be, or what troubleshooting steps they can take?

They're on a windows 10 PC afaik, don't know the specifics beyond that about their set-up.
By DaneBlood 2021-01-17 15:37:11
Link | Citer | R

What is some purple lock style sets that are not maligned set ?
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-01-17 15:49:00
Link | Citer | R

Dusk Armor?
 Ragnarok.Casey
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2021-01-17 16:35:32
Link | Citer | R

Askar is purpleish?
By Pantafernando 2021-01-17 16:40:14
Link | Citer | R

teal
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-01-17 17:31:39
Link | Citer | R

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/10468/kumarbis-akar is a nice purple lockstyle if you're inclined to farm legion for it.
 Bahamut.Kwech
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kwech
By Bahamut.Kwech 2021-01-17 17:47:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kusare said: »
https://www.ffxiah.com/item/10468/kumarbis-akar is a nice purple lockstyle if you're inclined to farm legion for it.

Also the same model as Timarli jawshan dropped by Iratham in Abyssea-Tahrongi. Top tier lockstyle for sure.
By DaneBlood 2021-01-17 18:35:06
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kwech said: »
Also the same model as Timarli jawshan dropped by Iratham in Abyssea-Tahrongi. Top tier lockstyle for sure.

Still purple color in aby?

trying to get a purple lockstyle set for wife's blu
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-17 18:42:56
Link | Citer | R

I mean, mallquis/nares is purple, maybe too similar to the boringness of malig though
 Asura.Qibble
user: KibbleK
By Asura.Qibble 2021-01-17 19:05:15
Link | Citer | R

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/27920/pak-corselet

I like to use it for lockstyle.
By SimonSes 2021-01-17 19:31:29
Link | Citer | R

Interesting they mentioned FFXI..

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-01-18 10:15:59
Link | Citer | R

So what exactly is the deal with Triska Scythe +1 and needing to be repaired by that moogle?
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-01-18 10:38:09
Link | Citer | R

You cant send it between characters so the repairer moogle is for that.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-18 10:45:39
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Creaucent said: »
You cant send it between characters so the repairer moogle is for that.
I wonder if they can do that for other items that you can't send between mules in the future.

*cough* Rank 1 weapons *cough*

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-18 15:30:26
Link | Citer | R

They go where the money is, nothing new.
First Page 2 3 ... 685 686 687 ... 834 835 836