Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 677 678 679 ... 831 832 833

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2020-11-17 03:58:51
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sudra said: »
I use dressup on one char to change race. When this char is on GEO, dressup up blinks. It is only when this specific char is on GEO and it blinks and he gets stuck on his actual race.

I tried not changing main/sub/ra/ammo, and it still does it. Any ideas would be awesome.

Just accept who you are.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-11-17 05:39:27
Link | Citer | R

It's possible you have to conflict in your dressup config for that character or something like that.

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-17 15:12:48
Link | Citer | R

Sup

Quick question, im trying to learn Carcharian Verve on new mules. Ive been running with Zeid, and he normally stuns most of Tchakkas moves.

To learn the spell, do the stun prevents you to learn it?

Thanks in advance.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-11-17 16:21:28
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Odin.Sudra said: »
I use dressup on one char to change race. When this char is on GEO, dressup up blinks. It is only when this specific char is on GEO and it blinks and he gets stuck on his actual race.

I tried not changing main/sub/ra/ammo, and it still does it. Any ideas would be awesome.

Just accept who you are.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tawhoya
Serveur: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2020-11-17 17:08:18
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Sup

Quick question, im trying to learn Carcharian Verve on new mules. Ive been running with Zeid, and he normally stuns most of Tchakkas moves.

To learn the spell, do the stun prevents you to learn it?

Thanks in advance.

You won't learn it off of a mob if it was stunned as it needs to be used. It doesn't have to land or anything, as long as it was used and killed by someone in your alliance and you are alive to learn it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pve
user: zsky
By Leviathan.Pve 2020-11-18 20:02:31
Link | Citer | R

Quick question about Emporox's Ring

If I get 20k exp from an apex mob, will I get 2 potpourri or only 1?
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-11-18 20:29:24
Link | Citer | R

apex mobs only give 5k exp, cp is another matter. but you'd get 2 if that were the case.
 Leviathan.Pve
user: zsky
By Leviathan.Pve 2020-11-18 20:37:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kusare said: »
apex mobs only give 5k exp, cp is another matter. but you'd get 2 if that were the case.

Using this as an use case, likely from exp boost campaign. I appreciate the answer.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Serveur: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-11-19 03:37:03
Link | Citer | R

BG states the following regarding counter:
All counterattacks are considered blunt damage.

Is that correct if the counter occurred with daggers equipped?
Can Empyrean AM apply to counter damage?

Thanks!
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-11-19 15:25:13
Link | Citer | R

What's the largest number of blue abyssea procs you can do on one job for one specific time period?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-19 15:29:09
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
What's the largest number of blue abyssea procs you can do on one job?

MNK does 14
(of possible 15 for that time of day)

WAR "has more" total options (high 20s)

Edit; WAR/MNK can also 14/15 blunt with weapons all but howling fist
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-11-19 16:14:55
Link | Citer | R

Ah ok, MNK it is then.
By Rips 2020-11-20 02:26:47
Link | Citer | R

I have a question for some of you that did Gain-Money.

How many of you got your *** up at the crack of dawn on Sunday at 6AM EST to do it? I'm just curious.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-20 03:20:08
Link | Citer | R

My own personal earning was, duo, one RUN and another BLU cleaving on Reisen, ~10 mins to cap acc and half spark, dump (10 mins due all chars), another 10 mins to another acc cap plus spark cap, more 10 mins to dump. That result 4.5M per hour, then 18M per gain exp per char.

During double accolade this could be slightly higher due how fast acc was capping. Double exp had no noticeable impact due RoE always capping at one completion per kill.
By Morihei 2020-11-20 08:08:56
Link | Citer | R

I haven't logged in since August. Is Odyssey a big deal now? Or is it still a THF fest for gil? How's the new story line? I heard there's a new Moogle lottery thing. Do I pick up tickets at the usual places in the three cities?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2020-11-21 12:40:13
Link | Citer | R

Has Square-Enix ever said (or has anyone ever figured out) why you can get timed out on the Accept/Decline page as you're logging in?

Especially back when I used to play on PS2 it would take like 30 seconds to go from PlayOnline to that page in the actual game itself, so I'd often find myself getting up for a drink or something. If I got distracted and didn't run back to hit "Accept" it would kick me all the way back to PlayOnline.

It doesn't even make sense from a practical perspective: that's the point where you're supposed to stop and read the terms of service isn't it? Yet they expect you to hit "Accept" in less than a minute before it says "Nope you took too long!" lol
By FaeQueenCory 2020-11-21 12:58:59
Link | Citer | R

Morihei said: »
I haven't logged in since August. Is Odyssey a big deal now? Or is it still a THF fest for gil?
Still THF for scales/hides/wings atm. Next month there will be more incentive to do path D as that will give out armor (and I think weapons).

How's the new story line?
It's decent enough, hard to say fully since it just started.

I heard there's a new Moogle lottery thing. Do I pick up tickets at the usual places in the three cities?
There is, and you buy them the same as before. Difference now is that it is 1 marble/character and only 3 numbers to pick.
By RadialArcana 2020-11-21 13:39:44
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Has Square-Enix ever said (or has anyone ever figured out) why you can get timed out on the Accept/Decline page as you're logging in?

Especially back when I used to play on PS2 it would take like 30 seconds to go from PlayOnline to that page in the actual game itself, so I'd often find myself getting up for a drink or something. If I got distracted and didn't run back to hit "Accept" it would kick me all the way back to PlayOnline.

It doesn't even make sense from a practical perspective: that's the point where you're supposed to stop and read the terms of service isn't it? Yet they expect you to hit "Accept" in less than a minute before it says "Nope you took too long!" lol

I believe it's because that's the point you transfer from the playonline service to the FFXI server itself (which are two different companies, or were).

It times out as a security measure, playonline verifies your connection as valid to the FFXI server after you enter your password on their servers but it only does so for a minute or two.

It's laughable really, the entire procedure should all be on the Square Enix side but they don't want to spend the money on a new launcher.
By Jetackuu 2020-11-21 13:52:40
Link | Citer | R

Rips said: »
I have a question for some of you that did Gain-Money.

How many of you got your *** up at the crack of dawn on Sunday at 6AM EST to do it? I'm just curious.
rarely, but sometimes. Usually during DST where it was 7am edt, was a bit easier to manage.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-21 13:53:20
Link | Citer | R

How's the new story line?

So far only 5 very small missions were added, that are no more than mere tiny spoilers of whats about to come.

Can do all 5 missions in like 2h. But probably its best to wait more like a couple of dozen of missions to be released of you gonna lose track of the entire point if you do bit per bit every 2 months.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-11-21 16:23:01
Link | Citer | R

Does WHM have any forms of regain in gear options?
By Pantafernando 2020-11-21 16:30:45
Link | Citer | R

Karieh ring plus few latent ones.
By tyalangan 2020-11-21 17:09:45
Link | Citer | R

Unless I can’t think of a work around it appears the only point in doing Nomad Bonanza with same account mules is for an Omen Body. You cannot transfer Cat’s Eye or the new Weapons and there aren’t any gil options this time, correct?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-21 17:16:23
Link | Citer | R

It would still be worthwhile for a free ambu seal every day 60 hours or 250 stacks of +2 skirmish stones. Those are gil options. 10k relic pieces too.

And the weapons could be changed to deliverable, it just depends on if they bother.

If youve got mules active it's worth getting them a marble, no reason not to gil is worthless anyway. 200k each is asswipe money.
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-21 17:22:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It would still be worthwhile for a free ambu seal every day or a stack of stones. Those are gil options. 10k relic pieces too.

And the weapons could be changed to deliverable, it just depends on if they bother.

If youve got mules active it's worth getting them a marble

A free Ambuscade Seal effect every 60 hours.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-11-21 18:05:58
Link | Citer | R

My main chars are already at 40+ seals stored.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-21 18:13:44
Link | Citer | R

It'd be worth it, for mules, if you were to win on them, was the idea. Faster free money with extra seals.
First Page 2 3 ... 677 678 679 ... 831 832 833