Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 653 654 655 ... 834 835 836
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-06-29 11:54:38
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Itachi said: »
For the monthly deeds grow and harvest ROE, do I basically got to check my plant every earth day after jp reset?

pretty sure it’s 24 hours after you planted them

but once a day either way, correct
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-29 13:09:10
Link | Citer | R

Anybody got info on the NM "Manes"?
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Manes
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Manes

Both wikis says the PH (the single Ghost) respawns every 15 mins whereas the other 2 Ghosts that pop together respawn every 5 mins.

I found it's the other way around.
The PH (single ghost) respawns every 5 mins, the double ghosts both respawn every 15ish mins.
Am I doing something wrong?
Something changed?
I find it strange for BOTH wikis to be wrong...
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-29 17:58:32
Link | Citer | R

I dunno, I must be doing something wrong. A NM this old shouldn't have a 24hrs forced pop.
Anybody knows where I can find the right Placeholder ID for this NM?

There has to be a list somewhere >.>''
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-29 18:03:05
Link | Citer | R

I've done manes a few times, don't know the PH ID though. just kill all the ghosts in both spots till it pops.

Wasn't really any tact to it, just killing all of em till it spawned.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-06-29 18:04:00
Link | Citer | R

Not sure what this "single ghost" and "double ghost" talk is, but he and his PH always spawned in the small room at H-8 for me. I don't recall ever having to move to I-8 for any reason. Used to farm it a lot when I was making my own Tenryu/Ryuo gear, but right now I can't remember if the PHs were 5 or 16 min respawns.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-29 18:12:46
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Not sure what this "single ghost" and "double ghost" talk is
There's two sets of ghosts.
One is a single ghost set.
Second set has 2 ghosts.
They can spawn in any of the two rooms but never together appearently. (the ghost from set1 will never "mix" with the ghosts from set2 and vice-versa).

One set has 5-6 mins respawn.
The other set has 15-16 mins respawn.

According to ALL the wikis I read it's the single one that has 15-16 and the couple of ghosts have 5-6, but for me it's been the other way around for the past 7 hours.
In theory the single one should be the right Placeholder but, still in theory, it should have 15 mins respawn >.>

Also I've noticed something strange.
There's actually TWO "single" ghosts. They have different IDs.
Only one pops at the same time. If one pops, the other can't.
Is this odd? Or normal?
Also both these single ghosts have a mobID that's really close to the ID of Manes, whereas the other 2 couple ghosts have different Mob IDs. Not sure if this means anything...

For reference:
Manes: 0DF
single ghost#1: 0DD
single ghost#2: 0DE
couple ghost#1: 0E4
couple ghost#2: 0E5
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-06-29 18:38:04
Link | Citer | R

Well I've killed Manes dozens of times when I was crafting and I never had to leave the H-8 room. This sounds like unnecessary information to me, but whatever.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-29 18:43:56
Link | Citer | R

Manes always pops in that room. I've been killing the PHs in that room for 7-8 hours but he refused to pop.
The moment I started killing the other group, he popped.

He popped in place of 0E5 for me (in the H-8 room though).

This doesn't necessarily conflict with your information though.
If 0E5 was in the H-8 room (it can pop in both rooms) then you would be confirming mine and that other guy's theory.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-29 18:49:17
Link | Citer | R

Does Manes have a minimum repop time? Like I dunno, won't pop for 3 hours after it has been killed? Or could it pop over and over? Extremely unlikely but possible?
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-06-29 22:56:41
Link | Citer | R

from what i remember the ph is the 5min respawn ghost that pops in either room, ignore all the 15min ones.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-30 01:27:45
Link | Citer | R

So I'm a bit confused on the HQ rate bonus from shields.

We know that a recipe on which you're between 11 and 30 levels above the cap you're gonna have a base ~8% HQ rate.
Then stuff like the Crafter's Ring, Orvail Ring and Coconut Rusk all add X% HQ rate (respectively 1%, 1% and 3%).
Now this alone sounds a bit strange since the fact that a food can add three times as much as Orvail Ring+1 feels a bit strange, but whatever, let's say this is how things are and summing up all these bonuses together you reach a final HQ rate of ~13% for recipes in the 11-30 above recipe cap range.

Now, where do we place the Enchantment from the shield?
It says Synthesis+3 but I suppose it's something else and not "simply" +3% HQ rate?
Or is it just that?
I mean I know about the no NQ thing, but i'm talking specifically about the HQ+3 part.
 Siren.Dekoda
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2020-06-30 04:21:26
Link | Citer | R

I justed started on my phase 3 shield, and I would like to be able to cap a subcraft to craftsman at level 70.

I found this topic from awhile back:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51054/cannot-delevel-back-to-craftsman-please-help

From the context of the topic it seems that phase 4 wasn't introduced yet. At least then, you couldn't cap at craftsman after starting your shield.

Can anyone tell me if this this still the case or is it possible to cap it after completing phase 3? Just wondering if I should toss my shield now or I guess I'll find out myself.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-30 06:55:13
Link | Citer | R

Uh... i have no clue what a game mechanic (leveling/deleveling a craft) have to do with shield.

What i do know, i had cooking shield started, i decided to give up, started woodworking, leveled all the way to 110 while my cooking fell to 70. While doing quests though, i had to make some cooking on this mule, then my wood dropped to 109.

About making sub leveling, i made several of them while on stage 2, mainly to do the quests.

Im not sure whats the Actual problem.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-06-30 07:42:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
So I'm a bit confused on the HQ rate bonus from shields.

We know that a recipe on which you're between 11 and 30 levels above the cap you're gonna have a base ~8% HQ rate.
Then stuff like the Crafter's Ring, Orvail Ring and Coconut Rusk all add X% HQ rate (respectively 1%, 1% and 3%).
Now this alone sounds a bit strange since the fact that a food can add three times as much as Orvail Ring+1 feels a bit strange, but whatever, let's say this is how things are and summing up all these bonuses together you reach a final HQ rate of ~13% for recipes in the 11-30 above recipe cap range.

Now, where do we place the Enchantment from the shield?
It says Synthesis+3 but I suppose it's something else and not "simply" +3% HQ rate?
Or is it just that?
I mean I know about the no NQ thing, but i'm talking specifically about the HQ+3 part.
I'm not sure what you're asking. Both the Ring and the shield (both base and enchantment) call it "Increases rate of high-quality item synthesis success +X", so yes, they're the same stat.

Each +1 isn't a full percentage point of increased HQ rate, though (IIRC, testing seemed to point to it being somewhere around +0.25% each, but better tests might have been done since I stopped paying attention).
By Pantafernando 2020-06-30 07:50:14
Link | Citer | R

I believe +1% is over base rate what would explain how its not thta much noticeable. But while doing a couple of blenmonts ring, i had a more noticeable HQ rate than expected.

Im just waiting to finish my gold shield and gonna start keeping records doing -ites synths for extra cash, while knowing better the shield potential.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-30 08:21:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
I'm not sure what you're asking. Both the Ring and the shield (both base and enchantment) call it "Increases rate of high-quality item synthesis success +X", so yes, they're the same stat.
But the shield's 3% (or whatever it is) seems to be much more noticeable than the amount you get from Coconut Rusk, for instance.
Which is why I wasn't buying the Shield giving "only" that.
 Siren.Dekoda
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2020-06-30 11:51:42
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Uh... i have no clue what a game mechanic (leveling/deleveling a craft) have to do with shield.

What i do know, i had cooking shield started, i decided to give up, started woodworking, leveled all the way to 110 while my cooking fell to 70. While doing quests though, i had to make some cooking on this mule, then my wood dropped to 109.

About making sub leveling, i made several of them while on stage 2, mainly to do the quests.

Im not sure whats the Actual problem.

Normally your sub crafts can not level up above 70 if they are capped at craftsman rank. If you are artisan or higher in any subcraft you can talk to your guild master and he will cap them at craftsman for you, that way you don't risk deleveling your main craft.

However, if you start an escutchoen your guild master is stuck in a different dialogue and you can never request to cap a subcraft to craftsman. This was the case at least 3 years ago for shield phases 1-3, and I'm currently experiencing this issue as I'm in phase 3.

The only way to work around this was to relinquish your shield. I was wondering if there was another work around between phases 3 and 4, because if not I could just toss my shield now.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-06-30 12:01:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
But the shield's 3% (or whatever it is) seems to be much more noticeable than the amount you get from Coconut Rusk, for instance.
Which is why I wasn't buying the Shield giving "only" that.
The shield gives +5, and testing indicates that it matches up with other sources of that stat. Pure HQ rate is only one part for why shields are so good at crafting.
By ryukin182 2020-06-30 15:01:17
Link | Citer | R

Is there a way for a type command to drop an item?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-30 15:06:11
Link | Citer | R

ryukin182 said: »

/treasury drop add item !

But no you can't //throw away crystal
By Pantafernando 2020-06-30 15:26:25
Link | Citer | R

Ashita also have one if you are there
By ryukin182 2020-06-30 15:49:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

/treasury drop add item !

But no you can't //throw away crystal

Yeah i'm spamming bcnm, getting tired of manually dropping orbs on all alts lol. Which makes treasury not useful this time
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-30 16:03:31
Link | Citer | R

God I wish they would add that one, seriously. Drop the damn orb when it's used.

and/or change a cracked orb into a new item literally called cracked orb ffs, it's not rocket science.

I mean we don't keep empty potion bottles or empty tool bags, why do we keep broken orbs. (I know it's a pointless fetch quest)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-30 17:32:42
Link | Citer | R

The shield gives +5, and testing indicates that it matches up with other sources of that stat. Pure HQ rate is only one part for why shields are so good at crafting.
Yes I realize that the shield offers other pros, but I was talking exclusively about the pure HQ rate.
I forgot there's +2 in the base shield outside of the enchantment though, so that's indeed 5% total.
The same amount you can get with Crafter's, Orvail and Food.
Which, again, seem to make less of a difference but I suppose that's "just" bias?
By ryukin182 2020-06-30 18:32:13
Link | Citer | R

Is there an addon that forces all npc's to be shown in a zone? This Burning Circle keeps not showing up and I have to zone to make it reappear
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-06-30 18:43:11
Link | Citer | R

Is there an addon that forces all npc's to be shown in a zone? This Burning Circle keeps not showing up and I have to zone to make it reappear

Not easily done, at least in the manner you're hoping. The server needs to send npc name, index, model, etc. Someone would have to keep a true to retail database of all npc names and data, and it still wouldn't work properly for anything that can move or any index changes.
By ryukin182 2020-06-30 18:56:02
Link | Citer | R

RIP me
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-30 18:58:43
Link | Citer | R

That one add-on is supposed to do exactly this, but never works for me.

Remember. It's in the launcher.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-06-30 19:09:46
Link | Citer | R

if you mean ASE, that's not really what it does

it changes the server>client packets render flag to true, so everything is drawn

if you don't get the server>client packet in the first place, which is what's happening here, then it won't do ***for you
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-30 19:11:54
Link | Citer | R

Nah, it's literally called remember, byrth made it

First Page 2 3 ... 653 654 655 ... 834 835 836