Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 641 642 643 ... 831 832 833
By devasbismarck 2020-04-06 22:37:57
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
devasbismarck said: »
Does resist ailments gear work against charm? Also does anyone know of any augmented gear thats adds resist charm that wouldnt be found on bgwiki filtering a gear slot? Are there any known caps to stacking resist X ailments? Are they specific hard % or is +15 like 15 mag eva but only to that status?
It should work on charm, but I have not specifically tested it for that.

Resist charm augments are... rare. All that comes to mind is the new unity gear augment on the Arete Del Sol earring. +15 resist charm.

I've seen some weird and rare resist trait augments on dark matter augments before, but only like, resist silence. I've never seen charm specifically. If you happen across one cool, but actively pursuing one would be nuts.

No known caps that I'm aware of.

Resist traits and resist status gear work as a flat % chance to fully resist the effect. Checks before meva is evaluated. Shows a "Resist!" message in the log when procc'd. Have resist charm+10? 10% chance to resist.

However... these effects have greatly reduced effectiveness vs anything that is impossible to gauge(NMs.) On these mobs the potency is reduced by 50%. So your 10% resist chance is now 5%. And basically anything that charms is going to be an NM of some sort.

Sources and testing are scattered across this thread, mostly.

Ok ty, so it would seem id only have around 30%+ rate on NMs or slightly higher since 3 of my res charms dont specify their %. Are we on the assumption that all charm is light based and would be better off stacking mag eva / light res since 30% is abit unreliable? I would imagine with enough resistance it would be the typical 95% rates?

Do we know if resistance can have half values? Say one of the unspecified items was only resist charm +1 would that mean only 1/200 chance at 0.5% resist or does it round up to 1% at 1/100?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-04-06 23:26:46
Link | Citer | R

If you can get enough meva/light resist, it's generally preferable since you can have very high resist rates that way. And it's usually not possible to get that much resist charm+.

Resist+ gear provides a chance to resist regardless of your meva vs the mob, so it can be better if the mob is vastly higher level than you and you have little meva. The issue is... figuring out when that is the case. <,<;

I'm not sure on the exact resist states on various types of charm, so it might be 95%, or it might be lower depending on the number of checks.

As for integer vs decimal values.. SE loves to floor ***. got a non integer? Floor it. Happens in so, soo many things in FFXI. Not everything of course, but a lot. This being the case, I'm inclined to believe that SE would floor that 0.5% into nothing.

That said, I have no actual testing on that front, and it would be very, very hard to get samples large enough to reliably detect differences of less than a percent.
By devasbismarck 2020-04-07 05:00:14
Link | Citer | R

So we can assume items like wuji ring, dusksoul ring and volunteer earring probably would have at least 5%. I do hate the old vagueness on old stats.
By Mattelot 2020-04-08 12:42:02
Link | Citer | R

Gear that decreases pet damage taken... does that just have to be equipped at the time you cast a luopan or does it have to remain equipped for the luopan to to benefit?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-04-08 12:47:22
Link | Citer | R

Mattelot said: »
Gear that decreases pet damage taken... does that just have to be equipped at the time you cast a luopan or does it have to remain equipped for the luopan to to benefit?
It works just like player DT. Has to be equipped when taking the hit.

devasbismarck said: »
So we can assume items like wuji ring, dusksoul ring and volunteer earring probably would have at least 5%. I do hate the old vagueness on old stats.
Well, personally I wouldn't put it past SE to make gear with only 1% resist charm then floor the 0.5% on NMs to 0.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-04-08 12:48:33
Link | Citer | R

Mattelot said: »

Has to remain equipped.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-04-09 18:18:11
Link | Citer | R

Anybody knows if SE mentioned lately about adding more aug stuff to the same-account sendable list?
They kinda stopped and left a lot of stuff outside of the list.

Old skirmish weapons and gear for instance, then Sinister Reign stuff.
I've got so many things that are clogging my main char's inventory that I'd rather not trash and that I would be seriously glad to send to my mule.

Wonder if they're gonna further increase that list or not >_>
By Pantafernando 2020-04-09 18:44:21
Link | Citer | R

Maybe they will add it as a reward for 2400 deeds of heroism
By Voren 2020-04-10 03:54:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody knows if SE mentioned lately about adding more aug stuff to the same-account sendable list?

I thought augmented items were un-sendable. I've sent skirmish weapons and armor pre-augment. Any augmented items I've never been able to send. Iirc I had a pair of the abjuration hands from sky that were augmented and couldn't send.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-04-10 03:57:19
Link | Citer | R

updates have happened in the past months that now allow Reisenjima gear that is augmented to be sent between characters on the same account. So lots have wondered if the plan is to make all augmentable items sendable in the same manner- or if the different systems are coded differently and prevent such things.

I have yet to see (or remember more likely) a statement from SE where they say their intent regarding this. Its much more SE's style to "surprise" us with menial things and then fire at us:

[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-04-10 13:22:48
Link | Citer | R

For priority in gearswap sets does every piece of gear need priority or can i just use priority 1 and 2?
By Pantafernando 2020-04-15 10:53:58
Link | Citer | R

Sup

Anyone know what are the safest places to beat mid bosses in dyna div? In all four zones

Ive been farming with few chars/jobs and cant withstand aggroing multiples statues once they spawn after mid is defeated.

Thanks in advance
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2020-04-15 11:24:49
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Sup

Anyone know what are the safest places to beat mid bosses in dyna div? In all four zones

Ive been farming with few chars/jobs and cant withstand aggroing multiples statues once they spawn after mid is defeated.

Thanks in advance

Just move immediately to where the boss originally is, once you kill it, to avoid statues spawning on top of you.
[+]
By Kazaki 2020-04-17 19:44:56
Link | Citer | R

Didn't think this warranted it's own thread but this might be the wrong place for it.

If I'm trying to check for a specific weather in gearswap would

Code
if world.weather_element == 'Dark' or world.day_element == 'Dark'

work to detect dark weather? It seems like it's not but I wanted to check if I was using the wrong string or something before checking other parts of the lua.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-04-18 05:53:17
Link | Citer | R

Kazaki said: »
Didn't think this warranted it's own thread but this might be the wrong place for it.

If I'm trying to check for a specific weather in gearswap would

Code
if world.weather_element == 'Dark' or world.day_element == 'Dark'

work to detect dark weather? It seems like it's not but I wanted to check if I was using the wrong string or something before checking other parts of the lua.
That should work. Try putting this on the line before to see what they're set to:
Code
print(world.weather_element, world.day_element)
By Kazaki 2020-04-18 08:28:22
Link | Citer | R

Great thanks. It seems that in my testing I had lowercase d for dark instead of uppercase Dark, seems to be working now, thanks!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-04-19 20:52:40
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Live Vanadiel has been off for like a week! Has it been longer? I remember watching this as a kid before I got the game and getting so excited seeing people running around playing.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-20 05:57:13
Link | Citer | R

Sup

Im leveling few mules in a party of 3 in adoulin areas.

At early levels, the exp gained by crystals is quite relevant. So my question is, once ionis wear off, can i just reapply to one mule to receive same amount of crystal?

Thats im aware crystal drops depend on party size, but does it depend on how many members have ionis or just one is enough?

Thanks in advance
By Gambits 2020-04-20 12:35:10
Link | Citer | R

Can someone tell me the name of the add-on that shows distance from each player?
 Asura.Saphyne
user: saphy
By Asura.Saphyne 2020-04-20 13:37:15
Link | Citer | R

Gambits said: »
Can someone tell me the name of the add-on that shows distance from each player?

https://github.com/KenshiDRK/Addons/tree/master/TParty
[+]
By Gambits 2020-04-20 14:45:30
Link | Citer | R

ooh it's a modified version! I didn't look twice thinking it's the same from windower, Thanks!
By Kvaal 2020-04-21 05:08:25
Link | Citer | R

Can the "Chance of follow-up attack" on SU5 gear proc multi hit or is it just one additional attack?
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2020-04-21 09:47:21
Link | Citer | R

Kvaal said: »
Can the "Chance of follow-up attack" on SU5 gear proc multi hit or is it just one additional attack?
"Chance of follow-up attack" is very low on multi-attack priority so if that procs it will be just 1 single attack but if a QA/TA or something else procs you can still get more attacks per round on that weapon
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-21 09:51:40
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Sup

Im leveling few mules in a party of 3 in adoulin areas.

At early levels, the exp gained by crystals is quite relevant. So my question is, once ionis wear off, can i just reapply to one mule to receive same amount of crystal?

Thats im aware crystal drops depend on party size, but does it depend on how many members have ionis or just one is enough?

Thanks in advance
Everyone has to have Signet/Sanction/Ionis for crystals to drop at max rate. As far as I know.
[+]
By Kvaal 2020-04-21 09:57:07
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spynx said: »
"Chance of follow-up attack" is very low on multi-attack priority so if that procs it will be just 1 single attack but if a QA/TA or something else procs you can still get more attacks per round on that weapon
So, yes?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-21 10:01:19
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spynx said: »
So, yes?
Think of "Chance of follow-up attack" as a separate version of Double Attack.

When you have Triple Attack +5, Double Attack +10, and using a weapon that has a "Chance of follow-up attack" of 30%, your multi-hit% is actually ~40.5% (5% of the time Triple Attack, 10% of the time Double Attack, and 25.5% of the time "extra attack").
First Page 2 3 ... 641 642 643 ... 831 832 833