Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 606 607 608 ... 831 832 833
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-25 15:38:13
Link | Citer | R

Any trick to make Daybreak "work"?
I used the same identical syntax I use for my Impact, yet if I "//impact <t>" in-game it works perfectly, whereas if I type "//dispelga <t>" I get an error, like I am not able to cast the spells. Wut?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-25 15:40:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Any trick to make Daybreak "work"?
I used the same identical syntax I use for my Impact, yet if I "//impact <t>" in-game it works perfectly, whereas if I type "//dispelga <t>" I get an error, like I am not able to cast the spells. Wut?

Antisense said: »
For GearSwap, add spell.id == 360 to line 706 inside the check_spell function of helper_functions.lua (file is in the GearSwap folder). Ex:
Code
if not available_spells[spell.id] and not (spell.id == 503 or spell.id == 417 or spell.id == 360) then
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-09-25 15:43:57
Link | Citer | R

I incorporated it the same way that I have Impact set up (didn't need to add a spell ID/etc). The main thing that might be missed is that if you're using Gearswap/etc, then you need to have both pre and mid-cast sets defined for it.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-25 15:58:50
Link | Citer | R

Yeaaah we found it at the same time, thanks Eiryl.
Hopefully the Windower guys will fix it soon, meanwhile I'll do it myself!
 Valefor.Maurauc
Serveur: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2019-09-25 18:34:49
Link | Citer | R

It's fixed on the dev branch on Windower. I don't know how that goes live, but there is a Windower fix somewhere.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-09-26 04:10:58
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know if there’s a Note Taking software that behaves like how our Timestamp addon works in windower?

I take lots of notes in my line of work so having a software that TimeStamps each entry would be amazing. Especially with some levels of customization. I’ve seen some that are “sorta” like this but not nearly as clean.

If there is such a thing, where can I find it? If not, if anyone here creates software I’ll buy it lol
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-26 05:16:24
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Anyone know if there’s a Note Taking software that behaves like how our Timestamp addon works in windower?

I take lots of notes in my line of work so having a software that TimeStamps each entry would be amazing. Especially with some levels of customization. I’ve seen some that are “sorta” like this but not nearly as clean.

If there is such a thing, where can I find it? If not, if anyone here creates software I’ll buy it lol

Logger?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-09-26 06:31:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dexterm said: »
Anyone notice issues with lullaby duration? I thought things seemed funky with harp range so I went back to test my durations with NT.

With Blurred harp +1 I get 6:24 and with Marsyas I get 6:36. These are way below what they should be and what I know I got when I tested them before.

I did no swaps with these tests. I simply put on my lullaby gear, used NT, and used Horde 2.

Blurred Harp +1 set has song+9.
Marsyas set has song+5.
Both times I used AG Carn, Fili body +1, Inyanga legs +2, and AF feet +3.
I wanted to test the difference in duration.

Also, if anyone else uses harp for lullaby, have you noticed the radius being smaller as of late? Thanks!

Those numbers are pretty spot on. Depending on lag times can be off 0-3 seconds normally.

Base: 60 seconds
Duration Blurred: +189% (These include the 1200 Gift since I know you have it.)
Duration Aeonic: +199%

Lullaby JPs: +20 Seconds (Added after and enhanced separate via Thoubadour)

(Base x Duration x Thoubadour) + (Lullaby JPs x Thoubadour)
(60 x 2.89 x 2) + (20 x 2) = 6m 26s
(60 x 2.99 x 2) + (20 x 2) = 6m 38s

Maybe Marcato JPs when you tested before and/or Clarion Call JPs that applies if it is up even on other songs.

(Base x Duration x Thoubadour) + (Lullaby JPs x Thoubadour) + (Clarion JPs x Thoubadour) + (Marcato JPs)
*Marcato gets no bonus from Thoubadour sadly.
(60 x 2.89 x 2) + (20 x 2) + (40 x 2) + 20 = 8m 6s
(60 x 2.99 x 2) + (20 x 2) + (40 x 2) + 20 = 8m 18s
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Snk
Serveur: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2019-09-29 16:52:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Highwynn said: »
I completed Monstrosity just now and I beat SOA last month and have ring. I'm trying to start "The Curious Case of Melvien" but Estelle just tells me to piss off. I tried checking the crate but nothing. I checked quest log and monstrosity is listed under complete.

Quoting this because I can't figure this ***out also. The wiki is missing something you need to flag this quest because she's still telling me to piss off also.

Got all the KIs it says and my fame is at Rank 8. Did anyone ever figure out what else was required?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2019-09-29 19:10:38
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, you need the monstrosity KI to do that one.
By Pantafernando 2019-09-29 21:17:25
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

I have few questions about dynamis div.

1. How do the repeated WS mechanism works? How should i deal with this?

2. Whats a minimum good low man setup just to beat midbosses for relic+3 unlock?

Thanks in advance.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-09-29 22:11:15
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

I have few questions about dynamis div.

1. How do the repeated WS mechanism works? How should i deal with this?

2. Whats a minimum good low man setup just to beat midbosses for relic+3 unlock?

Thanks in advance.

I'd rather address them in reverse.

2. If you're only seeking relic+3 unlock, having a setup that includes RUN,GEO,COR at your core allows for acumen/malaise on the Statue, and 2/3 stepping with Ground Strike>Leaden Salute>Wildfire. Good CORs with Triple Shot up will be able to get back to 1k TP for Wildfire in time to 3 step, and WF doesn't scale with TP making it just fine @1k. If its down or your COR can't reach it due to bad Triple Procs, the 2 step of Ground Strike>Leaden will be around 75% of your 3 step damage anyway. Additional mages can burst on the double darkness created.

1.The repeated weaponskill mechanic only rears its head on the final wave 3 boss, some volte NMs, wave2 boss and wave 2 NMs due to the fact that other mobs just die before it becomes an issue. In larger groups with ideal buffs, you won't even see it on the wave 2 NMs or volte NMs, just the wave2/wave3 bosses.

Based on observations, repeated "back-to-back" usage of the same weaponskill reduces the damage dealt to the subsequent WSs. Example being in a large group with multiple Savage Blade users, and 3+ happen back-to-back. That 3rd one will see a reduction, as well all subsequent ones until a different WS is used. Now, imagine one of those Savage Blade users is a COR and swaps to Last Stand, resulting in Savage Blade>Last Stand>Savage Blade order of WSs landed. There will be no reduction, and you can use that mechanic throughout the length of the fight in question. It is not zone cumulative- it is target-specific.

Just make sure there are interrupting WSs rather than just spamming one thing and you'll never have an issue. This is why I suggest a simple skillchain for the Wave 1 boss rather than just whittling him down with Leaden Salute spam.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2019-09-30 00:07:54
Link | Citer | R

Thanks in advance.

Cor+5 trusts can solo it in 4-5 min just by shooting leaden/WF back to back. Alternate the WS as dmg reduction builds up. Use AAHM as tank for shadows.

Give trusts a bit of defensive buffs before engage if you are worry about them dying.

Geo isn't required for sub 5 min runs if your gear is good and use TS/RD correctly. If not I guess geo helps. You certainly don't want fight drag too long or else trust may die from running out of MP.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Snk
By Sylph.Snk 2019-09-30 03:29:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Suteru said: »
Yeah, you need the monstrosity KI to do that one.

Yes I have had that the whole time. I'm still getting cockblocked on this.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Snk
By Sylph.Snk 2019-09-30 05:33:42
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure if I had that active but let me check. Decided to level a Lizard to 30 anyways since it gives you a vorseal.

Edit: Level 30 Lizard.

belligerency active. Both Key Items, Rank 9 Fame.

Nothing.

This is just fkn annoying. I'm now 100% sure there's another quest out there I might not have done which is causing this.
By Afania 2019-09-30 12:06:26
Link | Citer | R

How do you enter dyna D solo.

I guess if you mean for them to enter with two of the people just being useless jobs and one being a good COR, then yes, that works too.

He asked for "minimum doable". So you don't need 3.

The other two don't even need to stay in the pt, they can warp out after they help the cor enter.

Cor/sch (sub sch for sleeps) can solo dyna D and farm stuff just as efficiently as farming with 2 or 3 not-cor jobs and split.

I've duoed or trioed dyna D with different combination of jobs including THF, GEO, SAM, BRD, BLU etc. And card/heroism per run seems to be identical to just solo on cor regardless of job combination after split.

So yeah, solo on cor is certainly valid if OP prefer it. That's the minimum.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-09-30 12:21:08
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

I guess if you mean for them to enter with two of the people just being useless jobs and one being a good COR, then yes, that works too.

The other two don't even need to stay in the pt, they can warp out after they help the cor enter.

Cor/sch (sub sch for sleeps) can solo dyna D and farm stuff just as efficiently as farming with 2 or 3 not-cor jobs and split.

I've duoed or trioed dyna D with different combination of jobs including THF, GEO, SAM, BRD, BLU etc. And card/heroism per run seems to be identical to just solo on cor regardless of job combination after split.

How reliable is that sleep from sub sch?

And how you do the pull under this circunstance? I mean, there is a time before adds pop and you can get them all in a spell.

Seems quite risky if not extensively trained.

Thanks in advance

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2019-10-01 17:28:20
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

How reliable is that sleep from sub sch?

And how you do the pull under this circunstance? I mean, there is a time before adds pop and you can get them all in a spell.

Seems quite risky if not extensively trained.

Thanks in advance

I almost never get resist with a high Macc set.

Before pull I put on SS and aquaveil. I pull with ranged attack, so there's a small window before all the adds pop then group on me. Then I cast sleepga on the statue, it will automatically land on adds around it.

If I miss 1 or 2 adds, use light shot on them with <stnpc> to sleep them.

I also like to pop ark TT as emergency backup sleepga. TTs sleepga isn't as reliable but if all failed he may be a life Safer.

If 2 status are in the position to link with each other then I always 1 shot one of them with leaden. Link is pretty much wipe, it should be avoided at all cost solo..

Sandy seems to be the easiest since leaden is stronger there, and easily one shot all of the mob with annoying SP. Jeuno is the hardest from my experience.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2019-10-01 18:58:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
can't remember and am just second guessing myself now.

if i /thf and have a piece of th+2 gear, is that th+2 or th+4 total?

I believe it would be th+4 which is the cap for treasure hunter if thief isn't set as your main.
[+]
 Sylph.Snk
By Sylph.Snk 2019-10-02 11:35:26
Link | Citer | R

Quest worked fine for me when I had belligerency “active”.

Guess yours is broken.
I dunno!

Also, fun fact....
Entering monstrosity removes ambuscade seal. Guess that solves my problem of having one up. Maybe others knew this, but I didn't..

OK! I finally flagged the quest. Thanks to a tip from Funkworkz the wiki listing on the mission point was 100% wrong. I kept going on thru missions and checking with the NPC being told to *** off until I finally beat "Balamor's Ruse" and then she finally flagged the quest.

Funk is already updating the wiki but damn that was annoying as hell.

Edit: Just finished the quest and noticed that one major thing that slipped under the radar was when in the last cutscene you'll be speaking to Margret & she mentions events that happened during the "An Emergency Convocation" Mission point so yeah, whoever posted that you had to be on "The Lightsland" mission screwed up because there is no way Margret would talk about those things until you had finished "An Emergency Convocation".

I'm happy this is all figured out but it's made me very cautious now on quests since I suppose mistakes tend to slip thru.

I spent close to 8 hours last Sunday trying to figure out what i was missing so I'm relieved this is over.~
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2019-10-02 11:52:28
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Krsone said: »
Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
can't remember and am just second guessing myself now.

if i /thf and have a piece of th+2 gear, is that th+2 or th+4 total?

I believe it would be th+4 which is the cap for treasure hunter if thief isn't set as your main.

The one exception to this is with Bounty Shot. It can increase TH higher. The highest I recall personally seeing is TH9.
First Page 2 3 ... 606 607 608 ... 831 832 833