Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 592 593 594 ... 835 836 837
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-22 15:19:30
Link | Citer | R

DDoS in retaliation for the "banwave" this morning oh em geez
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-05-22 15:32:23
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »
They crack down pretty quick on that kind of stuff if reported. Had one guy on Shiva pretty infamous for doing long rants/drama in shout for hours usually at how Hiep must be an rmt even though he's usually not even online for them lol. One day he slipped up and started saying all of a certain country were dirty RMTs working in cafes. And he was gone while still in conversation with GM

he's still there, and still goes on weird rants about Hiep.

(different name now)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-05-22 19:46:10
Link | Citer | R

Bans usually go out tues/wed morning at ~4-5pm JST regardless of the cause, so I wouldn't jump straight to a single ban wave.

There are still things they've consistantly banned for over the past X months, despite most being allowed to slide. The biggest example I can think of is using bidder or similar on a loop(spamming significant amounts of AH bids faster than client allows). I have not heard of bans for maintenance mode, farm botting, or anything basic in quite a while.

Perhaps they reinstated banning for another offense and the people being hit were the first to be hit for it. None of my characters have been, so can't comment on any potential cause.

(Also getting the R0s on Leviathan, for what it's worth. Was running dyna-d last night for a shell mate who just returned and our tank was d/cing literally every 5 minutes to the point we warped out and decided to go back later.)
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-05-23 03:21:29
Link | Citer | R

Getting R0 with 2 people in Dho Gates, both of them being me. It's a general issue it seems. I couldn't even log out my mules yesterday to do dailies, R0 would happen every time I'd press it.

So far the people who have been banned and that I know of were all afk farming stuff related to sparks. RMTs haven't been banned, so it can't be so simple.

I'd lean toward someone reporting specific people (and filling good/detailed reports) or a specific farming method being finally punished.
There is also the possibility of a GM hunting specific abuses/people. It's against policy but it's very easy to do (and so far the few people I heard of getting banned had people hating them for a reason or another, mainly jealousy though).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-23 04:50:30
Link | Citer | R

Yeah that's the most obvious thing right there. If you /sea dhogates wohgates you'll know when and if bots are getting popped.

Spoiler, they aren't
[+]
By tyalangan 2019-05-23 08:55:56
Link | Citer | R

GENERALLY**, with above average gear in a mid buff uncapped scenerio how much STR equals 1 WSD? (Fudo,Savage)

Trying not to toss some good Oseem augments.
 Odin.Botosi
Serveur: Odin
user: Botosi
By Odin.Botosi 2019-05-23 17:53:09
Link | Citer | R

Are the WHM gifts for cure potency % or flat out HP added to the cure?

"Cure potency +6" --- is that 6% or literally 6HP?
 Lakshmi.Mingway
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Mingway 2019-05-23 18:05:52
Link | Citer | R

What's the easiest way to get the monthly Gardening RoE objective done for the Deed of heroism?
By Cronnus 2019-05-23 18:31:02
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Botosi said: »
Are the WHM gifts for cure potency % or flat out HP added to the cure?

"Cure potency +6" --- is that 6% or literally 6HP?

6%
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2019-05-23 18:44:54
Link | Citer | R

+6 before +% modifiers, similar to +mdmg
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-05-23 21:09:44
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
They crack down pretty quick on that kind of stuff if reported. Had one guy on Shiva pretty infamous for doing long rants/drama in shout for hours usually at how Hiep must be an rmt even though he's usually not even online for them lol. One day he slipped up and started saying all of a certain country were dirty RMTs working in cafes. And he was gone while still in conversation with GM

he's still there, and still goes on weird rants about Hiep.

(different name now)
Oh I know but for a good week or 2 he ranted about how he got his account he's had since NA launch or something banned. It was glorious. Waiting for him to slip up again
[+]
By Taint 2019-05-24 05:41:58
Link | Citer | R

tyalangan said: »
GENERALLY**, with above average gear in a mid buff uncapped scenerio how much STR equals 1 WSD? (Fudo,Savage)

Trying not to toss some good Oseem augments.

Generally 5str is 1 WSdmg is a good guide.

The easiest way is to make an excel page with your WS damage formula. Add you Mods, and current wsdmg and then play with the numbers.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-05-24 11:06:09
Link | Citer | R

Oh I know but for a good week or 2 he ranted about how he got his account he's had since NA launch or something banned. It was glorious. Waiting for him to slip up again

what's your name on shiva?
By clearlyamule 2019-05-24 15:55:27
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »

what's your name on shiva?
I go by many names but you've probably most likely seen me shouting as Urmom
[+]
By silvanesti 2019-05-24 17:06:07
Link | Citer | R

Trove Mars Orb bc is freezing my game upon trading. I can move the camera around, but thats it. And it doesn't give the option to select the fight. I have to force close the game. 2 days ago it was fine.

Anyone else getting this?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-24 17:07:55
Link | Citer | R

Apparently its a steam thing. Lots of people having the issue with the steam version.
By silvanesti 2019-05-24 18:28:15
Link | Citer | R

Ah kk...thanks ;o;

Does it sometimes work, or is there a workaround? Or ur screwed when it starts happening?

Because it was fine 2 days ago...
By asuraasrial 2019-05-24 20:44:45
Link | Citer | R

I'm wanting to do the Ifrit fight for monthly RoE but having difficulty figuring out what the prerequisites are. I just did Trial by Fire and I still cannot buy the KI to enter the fight. Can anyone advise? Aside from the fight I just did I haven't completed anything summoner related.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-24 20:46:25
Link | Citer | R

asuraasrial said: »
I'm wanting to do the Ifrit fight for monthly RoE but having difficulty figuring out what the prerequisites are. I just did Trial by Fire and I still cannot buy the KI to enter the fight. Can anyone advise? Aside from the fight I just did I haven't completed anything summoner related.

have to fight them all because its avatar phantom gem not ifrit phantom gem

silvanesti said: »
Ah kk...thanks ;o;

Does it sometimes work, or is there a workaround? Or ur screwed when it starts happening?

save your macros to the server in the character selection screen, then fully uninstall the game from your computer. Then download the new Installer off playonline website and reinstall. takes like 20min.
Steam forced an outdated update and it broke the game.
By asuraasrial 2019-05-24 20:49:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chaostaru said: »

Ah kk...thanks ;o;

save your macros to the server in the character selection screen, then fully uninstall the game from your computer. Then download the new Installer off playonline website and reinstall. takes like 20min.
Steam forced an outdated update to people and it broke the game.

Thank you much :)
By silvanesti 2019-05-24 20:59:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chaostaru said: »

Ah kk...thanks ;o;

Steam forced an outdated update and it broke the game.

Thanks I'll give it a go.
By Nyarlko 2019-05-24 21:03:25
Link | Citer | R

The full requirements to unlock the Avatar Phantom Gem would actually be: Turn in each of the 6 elemental avatar whisper KIs for a reward.

Even choosing Gil works if you don't have SMN unlocked. The key point is that you have to actually turn in the KIs. If you beat all 6 for the first time and still have the KIs in possession, you can't buy the HTB KI. Also, using them on Fenrir doesn't count either :(
[+]
 Cerberus.Echohawk
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2019-05-25 11:42:06
Link | Citer | R

Is it worth it to merit farm to get pulse weapons? I triple box, so I can aoe in Escha Ru'Aun pretty decently, but its a long, slow climb to 25k. Would I be better off doing VW or T3 Zi'tah NM's?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-25 11:49:08
Link | Citer | R

The best option is zitah 3's for sure. Especially on "not asura" and with multibox.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-05-25 11:55:41
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't try to get one from voidwatch until its a hmp campaign, because at least then you aren't wasting your time completely (serious, its like 1/10000 from voidwatch or something)
[+]
 Cerberus.Echohawk
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2019-05-25 12:04:20
Link | Citer | R

Okay awesome thank you both! I'm veru relieved to know theres something better.
First Page 2 3 ... 592 593 594 ... 835 836 837