Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 483 484 485 ... 831 832 833

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-03-31 09:53:55
Link | Citer | R

Aeyela said: »
All the entrances to other towns in the Circuit ask me where in Jeuno I want to go. He doesn't have access to a Mog Garden because he's Rank 1 (Rank 3 minimum required) and he can't repatriate because he has no tabs. He's a level 1 "Ran him to Jeuno circa 2006" mule.

I think I need to do it the old fashioned way and run him back. Worth it for a Trizek Ring!

Yeah you can't use the Chocobo Circuit to wap between towns, even though the map shows connections to all cities. You'll always return to the city you started from.

The synergy earrings to teleport to the starter nations are level 20. Considering you are in Jeuno, unless someone PL's you I doubt you're soloing 1-20 outside that city.

Odd question - did you set your homepoint when you moved your mule to Jeuno? Since I doubt you have changed jobs since moving, it's possible your homepoint is still set in the starter city. If so, hit the Homepoint in Jeuno and use a warp device (either someone warp you, a scroll which is level one, or a ring which is also level one). Long shot, but maybe?
 Odin.Gimpers
Serveur: Odin
user: Gimpers
By Odin.Gimpers 2017-03-31 10:13:22
Link | Citer | R

Or, just blood warp. Make sure to hit a HP crystal in jeuno first.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By elenie 2017-03-31 10:22:00
Link | Citer | R

Wait until the super kupopower 'Thrifty transport' is on and the moogle in ru'lude gardens will teleport you to any nation for free
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-03-31 10:32:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
I am trying to begin solo farming Escha Ru'Aun T1 NMs for various items and abjurations.

Two specific NMs I am targeting to start with are Peirithoos and Sava Savanovic.

Any basic tips? I am confident in my ability to tank both on PUP, but Sava seems to Doom my auto and I don't think Maintenance removes it (or at least I tried and it didn't seem to work) so I was thinking to go full DD puppet on that and have a trust tank it.

For Pierithoos, just straight up tank it and avoid having magic damage trusts out?

I have 0 knowledge on how PUP even works but did those NM multiple times solo on BLU so here's my tips:

Sava Savanovic: I use Amchu+Arciela to get mdb buff as this guy starts using very strong fire magics as HP gets low. Doom isn't usually a problem as it's a gaze attack and you can just turn to avoid or have holy water for emergencies. In your case I'd go full dd on pup and even if you end up tanking, he doesn't hit that hard physically.

Pierithoos: afaik there is not issue using magic against this guy except the shitty dmg most likely. Anyways, like any Ixion type mob you don't want to stay in front of it or, even worse, right behind it but sides are safe. I use amchu as tank and try to avoid getting hate myself but if you have good mdb from trust/buffs its magic attack are nothing scary. Meteor can be annoying at low hp so AoE healing(Arciela/Selh'teus/Apururu) help a lot.

Best luck!
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-03-31 13:29:18
Link | Citer | R

Pierithoos absorbs the element he is currently aligned to (wiki says he can potentially have a physical absorption too if he isn't aligned with anything, but I've never seen that happen- so that might just be another case of "Kei can get Ice Spikes"). This does include SC damage so you may not be able to use Smite-->Smite SCs if it's something on the light side of the elements.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-03-31 13:42:05
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
(wiki says he can potentially have a physical absorption too if he isn't aligned with anything, but I've never seen that happen- so that might just be another case of "Kei can get Ice Spikes")
I've experienced that. It can happen, but rarely. Usually don't see it unless the fight goes on for over a minute for whatever reason. Don't think I've seen it occur above 25%
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-04-01 07:49:27
Link | Citer | R

so started up alt on same pc and had something new happen the animations seem to be running at like 4x speed not running anything crazy and it's the same character every time i logged in 5 seperate characters about 10 times and only 1 would run in fast forward any clues ?
By Aeyela 2017-04-03 14:06:37
Link | Citer | R

Once upon a time plastic surgeon allowed you to change your race and appearance. Is there still a plugin that does this now?
 Bismarck.Unagi
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Unagi
By Bismarck.Unagi 2017-04-03 14:48:05
Link | Citer | R

Dressup addon
[+]
 Fenrir.Aisere
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Aisere
By Fenrir.Aisere 2017-04-03 16:47:15
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spynx said: »
Asura.Lunafreya said: »
I am trying to begin solo farming Escha Ru'Aun T1 NMs for various items and abjurations.

Two specific NMs I am targeting to start with are Peirithoos and Sava Savanovic.

Any basic tips? I am confident in my ability to tank both on PUP, but Sava seems to Doom my auto and I don't think Maintenance removes it (or at least I tried and it didn't seem to work) so I was thinking to go full DD puppet on that and have a trust tank it.

For Pierithoos, just straight up tank it and avoid having magic damage trusts out?

I have 0 knowledge on how PUP even works but did those NM multiple times solo on BLU so here's my tips:

Sava Savanovic: I use Amchu+Arciela to get mdb buff as this guy starts using very strong fire magics as HP gets low. Doom isn't usually a problem as it's a gaze attack and you can just turn to avoid or have holy water for emergencies. In your case I'd go full dd on pup and even if you end up tanking, he doesn't hit that hard physically.

Pierithoos: afaik there is not issue using magic against this guy except the shitty dmg most likely. Anyways, like any Ixion type mob you don't want to stay in front of it or, even worse, right behind it but sides are safe. I use amchu as tank and try to avoid getting hate myself but if you have good mdb from trust/buffs its magic attack are nothing scary. Meteor can be annoying at low hp so AoE healing(Arciela/Selh'teus/Apururu) help a lot.

Best luck!

Just adding on to this: Perithoos is pretty succeptible to getting stuck in the loop of using Grace of Hera if it has 3+ debuffs on it. I easily duo it with a DD and me on GEO/any mage just throwing debuffs on it. As such, using debuffing+healing/dd trusts such as Koru or Arciela is a very good idea. Pretty much anything should land, even Blind, I think! (lol)

On a different note: Does anyone know what move Kyou does to throw Muddle on people?
 Sylph.Ice
Serveur: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2017-04-03 17:27:31
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
so started up alt on same pc and had something new happen the animations seem to be running at like 4x speed not running anything crazy and it's the same character every time i logged in 5 seperate characters about 10 times and only 1 would run in fast forward any clues ?

Sometimes happens to me when logging in multiple characters. If you have FastCS loaded, reload the addon when in game and that should normalize everything.
By Aeyela 2017-04-03 18:06:40
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Unagi said: »
Dressup addon

Thanks!
 Asura.Selindrile
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-04-04 17:33:37
Link | Citer | R

Is there a weaponskill damage from gear cap? (As in the WSD stat)

And obviously I know there's a cap of some kind "because computer" but I mean a known/attainable one.

Pardon the double post, meant to edit this one.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-04-04 17:42:04
Link | Citer | R

There isn't.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vow
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2017-04-06 21:40:42
Link | Citer | R

How are commands formatted on the Japanese client? Are there prefixes (/magic, etc.)?
What's the text for /target?
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-04-06 22:06:14
Link | Citer | R

All the commands are the same, the only stuff in japanese is the ability/spells names

/ma ケアル <t>
/ws サベッジブレード <t> <wait 1>
/target <bt>

etc...
 Leviathan.Vow
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2017-04-07 07:24:24
Link | Citer | R

Thanks very much-- I would not have guessed that.
After reading a few quick blurbs about Japanese keyboards, it seems that typing there is not so simple.
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2017-04-07 07:35:46
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Aeyela 2017-04-08 14:07:38
Link | Citer | R

Can you get Orthrus pop KIs in Brown chests in Abyssea Altepa?
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-04-08 14:39:26
Link | Citer | R

Aeyela said: »
Can you get Orthrus pop KIs in Brown chests in Abyssea Altepa?
No. Best you can get for Orthrus are Tiger King's Hide and Sharabha Hides from small gold chests.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zorik
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zorik
By Quetzalcoatl.Zorik 2017-04-08 14:48:18
Link | Citer | R

I forgot how serious those manuals used to be. Now all we get is a sleeve with an advertisement.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-04-08 17:14:41
Link | Citer | R

Yes
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2017-04-11 10:57:07
Link | Citer | R

This has probably been asked before but I've searched and not found anything, maybe I'm just ***at searching.

Does anyone know what the accuracy caps are for Omen? And are you expected to hit those caps with gear + sushi or do people do acc buffs in there too?? Looking at getting into it but really don't want to be "that guy" who is dragging a group down.
By veddertehtaco 2017-04-11 14:14:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Daleterrence said: »
This has probably been asked before but I've searched and not found anything, maybe I'm just ***at searching.

Does anyone know what the accuracy caps are for Omen? And are you expected to hit those caps with gear + sushi or do people do acc buffs in there too?? Looking at getting into it but really don't want to be "that guy" who is dragging a group down.

This a hundred times over, I'm trying to capitalize on my sets but not knowing baseline acc needs is tricky

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 483 484 485 ... 831 832 833