Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 481 482 483 ... 831 832 833
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-03-17 16:22:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vienner said: »
anyone have some strategy tips for Podarge in Marjami Ravine? I've been trying to dual box her with me on PLD and an alt on BLU but she seems to do massive damage and I cant find much info on this NM.

edit: I could kill it now by sacrificing my blu for buffs, then I soloed it with my pld with just brygid as trust remaining...does the trick I suppose but it sure took me long ><
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Podarge
By Staleyx 2017-03-17 18:49:28
Link | Citer | R

I've been trying to find the Fire elementals that wiki says are located in Ve'Lugannon Palace and The Shrine of Ru'Avitau. I have looked everywhere or at least I think I have covered every inch. Are they not inside and only outside or have I missed a spot? If anyone knows thanks.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-03-17 19:00:35
Link | Citer | R

http://ffxidb.com/zones/177/fire-elemental
http://ffxidb.com/zones/178/fire-elemental
By Staleyx 2017-03-17 19:11:55
Link | Citer | R

Wow... ok thanks
 Quetzalcoatl.Zorik
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zorik
By Quetzalcoatl.Zorik 2017-03-17 19:20:05
Link | Citer | R

Is it possible to get a chest floor on the farming path in Omen? Or only on NM path?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-03-17 21:05:46
Link | Citer | R

I recall them stating that the card path doesn't get the chest floor but I'd have to look it up to be sure.
 Asura.Belthasar
Serveur: Asura
user: Dethaven
By Asura.Belthasar 2017-03-20 07:42:31
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know if it's possible to play ff11 with Windows 10? I can't seem to download Directplay anywhere, and that's needed to play it
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-03-20 07:55:11
Link | Citer | R

start menu > programs/features > windows features on/off > check legacy components, expand the category, check directplay
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-03-20 16:53:15
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Why are adaman ingots so expensive now?
Not very plentiful in supply, requires 3 ores to make an ingot and are used in big money synths.

Actually, I believe the more recent price increase is because of the kits for crafting shields.
At least on Asura, prices have been spiked well before crafting shields.
 Shiva.Hiep
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-03-21 10:12:44
Link | Citer | R

I'm trying to make my PC run faster, don't really care about graphics. Anyone have any recommendations on what settings I should use? Also, is there any way to change the dats of mobs if it could improve speed?
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-03-21 10:41:13
Link | Citer | R

Even though I've spammed VWs Qilin so many times I cannot find the third pop spot. I suck at maps but if anyone can show me where it's located would wonderful.
By Staleyx 2017-03-21 11:18:29
Link | Citer | R

Drakenv iirc its genbu entrance then use first warp. Someone correct me if Im wrong.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-03-21 15:24:34
Link | Citer | R

Yup, that's correct. Take I-6 entrance in sky behind them stairs. Once inside just hug the left walls within the tunnels, pass the Thunder Ele's, go upstairs and take the Warp, you'll land right on the Rift
 Shiva.Fereydoon
Serveur: Shiva
user: Fereydoon
By Shiva.Fereydoon 2017-03-21 17:38:46
Link | Citer | R

Haven't played in forever, are modded maps and icons still being updated? If so where? Thanks!
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-03-22 18:36:13
Link | Citer | R

is there any use for crystal petrifacts other then ki for provenence? Someone mentioned a gobbie taking them in reisenjima for access to items or something along those lines. Cant find anything about it tho.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-03-22 19:04:56
Link | Citer | R

It's this sucker

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Emporox

I think it takes 99 for the first unlock and 198 for the second? The items you can trade for are a TAD expensive though, lol.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-03-22 19:09:05
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
It's this sucker

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Emporox

I think it takes 99 for the first unlock and 198 for the second? The items you can trade for are a TAD expensive though, lol.

not sure how i missed that whole thing...
He rly sells things for thousands of merit points each? If so then im assuming its not all at once at least.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-03-22 20:01:03
Link | Citer | R

You dump your merits to him as you get them. When you cap, he'll take all 75 and convert them to Potepourri (sp). He keeps a track of how many pot's you have. I would always dump my merits and upset friends who wanted me to be their Idris GEO for Merit BC's lol. I was up to 3k before I took my break.
By Staleyx 2017-03-22 22:14:52
Link | Citer | R

So what is everyone personal opinion on Red and Blue cell usage when it comes to trying to farm pouch's? Do you like to use them, or do you think they hurt pouch drop rate somehow. All RNG?
 Odin.Rikiyame
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-03-22 22:56:59
Link | Citer | R

I have 500 Bis clocked (so far) and blue really increases Sealord Skin and red gives more NPC-able stuff. As for HMP/Cinder/Dross, cells don't seem to matter. However, you should be getting more cruor than the cost of the cells, so I would use them. The overall rates match FFXIDB almost exactly and it has 10k recorded.
 Sylph.Traxus
Serveur: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2017-03-22 23:42:56
Link | Citer | R

Weapons/armor, NM specific crafting mats (sealord skin, pil's tuille, etc.), emp upgrade items (plates, pouches and dross/cinder) and spell scrolls are all the same drop slot and effected by ruby.

All other random junk (logs, food ingredients, ores/ingots, etc) are blue.
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2017-03-24 23:39:51
Link | Citer | R

Anyone having trouble with Monisette not taking an upgrade?

I'm trying to 109 my BRD slippers but the NPC just keeps storing my chapters every time I trade. Wondering if it got broke in the last update?

I double checked that I had the items listed on BG Wiki and what not, and zoning, retalking to the magian moogle and relogging all did not work.

Thanks!
By Staleyx 2017-03-25 03:09:35
Link | Citer | R

Artifact Emp or relic brd feet?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-25 05:31:28
Link | Citer | R

Staleyx said: »
Artifact Emp or relic brd feet?
I'm not getting the question, what are you asking exactely about those 3 feet pieces for BRD?
By Staleyx 2017-03-25 06:13:31
Link | Citer | R

Im responding to poster above me.
 Sylph.Ice
Serveur: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2017-03-25 06:51:38
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Geneyus said: »

I'm trying to 109 my BRD slippers but the NPC just keeps storing my chapters every time I trade. Wondering if it got broke in the last update?

I double checked that I had the items listed on BG Wiki and what not, and zoning, retalking to the magian moogle and relogging all did not work.

Thanks!
If it's empyrean feet, make sure the feet are +1 or +2.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-03-25 08:19:42
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Geneyus said: »

Thanks!

Have you unlocked the ability to upgrade them? To upgrade Empyrean armor, you have to have defeated the Vagary boss that the upgrade item drops from.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-03-25 11:37:44
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Fereydoon said: »
Haven't played in forever, are modded maps and icons still being updated? If so where? Thanks!

http://forums.windower.net/index.php?/forum/15-dat-modifications/
 Phoenix.Libbien
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-03-25 12:03:31
Link | Citer | R

A friend of mine was playing around with her cure sets and noticed something odd that we didn't have an answer for so wanted to ask here...

Her cure 2's were giving different amounts despite being in the same zone and locking all of her gear. She finally figured out the difference was Light Arts. For some reason, she was getting less power on cure 2 with Light Arts up... 264 with it on and 294 without it. Eventually, she pin pointed the issue to Light Arts blocking weather/day bonuses. With it being lightsday or having aurorastorm up, she'd get 294 without Light Arts on, but same day/buffs she'd get 264 with Light Arts on. On Firesday without weather on, she would get the same amount of hp back regardless of whether Light Arts was on or off.

Anyone have any idea why Light Arts is blocking day/weather bonuses? If it helps this was on whm main so it was /sch not sch main.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-03-25 12:07:56
Link | Citer | R

Possibly a silly question, but she was using an obi to force the bonus to proc, correct?
First Page 2 3 ... 481 482 483 ... 831 832 833