Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 473 474 475 ... 843 844 845
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-01 17:48:34
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
It's pretty significant. I was raking in orb stones off sash pops when farming for my GEO's Telchine set.

What was your strategy for farming stones specifically? non-Yorcia zones? Even when I was able to clear 6+ floors dboxing i didn't end up w/ that many stones yet alone the ones I actually needed. I'm using eudamon ring to boost dim-type stones. I guess having more people there for loot would help increase the chances of getting the stones I actually need/want.
Dusk only drops in Yorcia, but I also needed some leaf stones. Usually 2boxed BLU+GEO killing independently, with someone to book and maybe some extra bodies to farm mobs if there was enough interest. I bought/traded for most of my remaining duskorbs once I finished with leaforb stones.
By Morihei 2017-01-01 18:00:57
Link | Citer | R

Question!

Is there an equipment cap to BSTs pet haste? Does the bonus from Familiar count? No, right? It's more like job ability haste, along with the JP haste?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-01-01 18:20:28
Link | Citer | R

It works like player equipment haste- so yes, it caps at 25%
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2017-01-02 13:15:04
Link | Citer | R

Was the maximum number of fish allowed to be turned in for guild points increased recently? I noticed that a comment on Forest Carp here from 2007 says that the maximum limit is 36, whereas the FFXIclopedia page says it's 107.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-02 13:16:59
Link | Citer | R

All guild point caps were tripled a few patches back.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2017-01-02 13:30:46
Link | Citer | R

Okay.
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
All guild point caps were tripled a few patches back.
Okay. Sort of wish they increased the amount of points you got for each item, rather than the number of items you can turn in.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2017-01-02 19:04:36
Link | Citer | R

So what's up with this alter ego campaign going on? I just started playing again. Will this allow me to get those locked off alter egos, like Shantoto II?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-01-02 19:27:49
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Rinnsi said: »
So what's up with this alter ego campaign going on? I just started playing again. Will this allow me to get those locked off alter egos, like Shantoto II?

Currently Shantotto II is unavailable and last time she was available was from November's Login Campaign.
[+]
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2017-01-03 03:18:04
Link | Citer | R

Ahh i see how it works, i can buy special Trusts with log in points. Are any of these worth it? Any i should definitly pick up while they are available?
By FaeQueenCory 2017-01-03 08:05:31
Link | Citer | R

Just get them all.
The best Tanks are Amchuchu and August, which are event based. (Amchuchu is seasonal, August SR.)
The best WHMs are UC Trusts, so join either Apururu or Yoran-Oran.
The best DD Trusts (ha) are Ark Angel Galka, a quest; Shantotto II, logins periodically but not this time; and Iroha, Rhapsodies missions reward.

Support ones are up to your personal taste and situation. Koru-moru, King of Hearts, Ulmia, the Arcielas, Qultada and the geomancy bubble Trusts (Sakura, Moogle, Kyuin, Sybil, Kupofried) are the ones I find myself using the most.
Iirc Ulmia and KoH and some of the bubble ones are available for the logins right now. The others are from the seasonal events, which one is going on now too.
By xaniko 2017-01-03 09:50:49
Link | Citer | R

Is fettering blade better than vulcan/chatoyan staff for Wildfire spam?
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2017-01-03 10:04:55
Link | Citer | R

You don't like DD trusts?
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-01-03 10:13:53
Link | Citer | R

Even the best DD trust is miles behind a decently geared actual DD. You should use trusts to bolster your damage, not rely on them to deal any.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2017-01-03 10:16:57
Link | Citer | R

Well, ive been using them to solo my way from a fresh Geo to the level 22 im at now. been using Ayane, Iron eater, and Trion
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-01-03 10:20:18
Link | Citer | R

They're much better while leveling. I was speaking from the 99+ perspective.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2017-01-03 10:22:06
Link | Citer | R

I don't even know how to level anymore. after 5 years of not playing, i was soloing in the dunes, haah
By Pantafernando 2017-01-03 16:17:09
Link | Citer | R

xaniko said: »

Comparing a % increase and MAB really depend on what you have in other slots, but WIldfire is very easy to test best pieces. Wildfire dmg is constant, so you can just shot once, take note on dmg, swap pieces and shoot again.

I do that on reives in ceizak. Ive been testing Wildfire on RNG, and nothing seems to beat 2x Malevolence.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-01-03 16:25:59
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

Comparing a % increase and MAB really depend on what you have in other slots, but WIldfire is very easy to test best pieces. Wildfire dmg is constant, so you can just shot once, take note on dmg, swap pieces and shoot again.

I do that on reives in ceizak. Ive been testing Wildfire on RNG, and nothing seems to beat 2x Malevolence.

2x Malevolence is best for WF, but is only an option for RNG - COR can't equip them. So for WF on COR, Fettering/Atoyac, or Fettering/Odium is your best choice.

And I assume this must have been a COR question, since RNG can't equip Fettering ;)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-03 16:28:38
Link | Citer | R

Does locking subjobs in CoP Dynamis enable white procs from Trusts?

In other words, say I go as a THF (with limited JA procs) and I use that mithra DNC for procs, would that Trust get White every now and then?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2017-01-03 16:29:51
Link | Citer | R

Yes
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-01-03 16:34:53
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
Just get them all.
The best Tanks are Amchuchu and August, which are event based. (Amchuchu is seasonal, August SR.)

FWIW, not a lot of people realize that Mnejing also became a really good tank now too since the recent buff in the October update
SE Update Notes said:
Mnejing
The chance of executing, and the potency of, the weapon skill Shield Subverter have been increased.
The attribute “Physical Damage Taken-“ has been changed to “Damage Taken-“ and its effect has been increased.
Mnejing now uses a shield.

Doesn't hold hate quite as well as August, but is fantastic at mitigating damage. He's a nice alternative for those who are leveling with trusts, not yet ready for (or unlucky with) Sinister Reign, etc.

August is my default trust tank, with Amchuchu for situations calling for heavily magic damage situations. If I didn't have August though, I'd use Mnejing for most physical damage trust tanking situations.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-01-03 16:42:35
Link | Citer | R

This is all irrelvant because you'd have poor macc on anything that matters without using an ilvl mainhand.
By xaniko 2017-01-04 09:54:23
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

2x Malevolence is best for WF, but is only an option for RNG - COR can't equip them. So for WF on COR, Fettering/Atoyac, or Fettering/Odium is your best choice.

And I assume this must have been a COR question, since RNG can't equip Fettering ;)

you're right, it was a COR question ;)

I'm having hard times doing good DMG with Wildfire... Is last stand better (average dmg)?
By Verda 2017-01-04 10:22:52
Link | Citer | R

That's a question without a direct answer because the answer will always depend on the situation. You have mage buffs, firestorm II, a great agi + mab set and skillchaining double dark? Well wildfire gonna be pretty sweet then. You against a piercing weak mob with pDIF capped and spamming ws with sam roll on? Then gonna say use last stand or savage blade.
 Sylph.Nimlith
user: Nimlith
By Sylph.Nimlith 2017-01-04 10:36:20
Link | Citer | R

Is Perfervid sword any good for Wildfire? Or does the straight MAB from Malevolence beat Fire Elemental MAB+ (wasn't sure if it was good like Pixie Hairpin is?)
By Verda 2017-01-04 10:56:54
Link | Citer | R

It beats malevolence for wildfire on RNG according to my spreadsheet so it should be good for it on COR too. And ya it should be affinity just like pixie, weatherspoon, archon ring, etc.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-01-04 12:24:12
Link | Citer | R

It's not too great for COR, for obvious reasons.
By Boshi 2017-01-04 12:46:18
Link | Citer | R

Cor is not on the sword.

Such a simple way to say it without being a ***.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-01-04 12:54:01
Link | Citer | R

I prefer to let people notice their own simple mistakes.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-01-04 13:01:51
Link | Citer | R

If I remember correctly, DT is just an off augment, and any stone can get 4% DT. Or, is it Fern only for 4% and 3% for Pellucid/Taupe?
First Page 2 3 ... 473 474 475 ... 843 844 845