Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 465 466 467 ... 849 850 851
By Pantafernando 2016-11-11 19:12:53
Link | Citer | R

You def dont need to learn exudation to make an idris, thats all i can say for sure.

Prob missing some cutscene.

EDIT: also, try to talk to her more times after the first one. I think the first cutscene is always related to WS quest, then there are the quest cutscenes.
[+]
 Siren.Dilandu
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2016-11-11 20:11:30
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
You def dont need to learn exudation to make an idris, thats all i can say for sure.

Prob missing some cutscene.

EDIT: also, try to talk to her more times after the first one. I think the first cutscene is always related to WS quest, then there are the quest cutscenes.

I already tried that but thanks for the suggestion.
By Draylo 2016-11-12 01:16:20
Link | Citer | R

How do you do the ffrk crossover event for the notes if you past rank 5 on all nations?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-11-12 01:31:41
Link | Citer | R

The event details should have been written more clearly cause it doesn't even try to specify: the merit BC drops the note sheet.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-11-12 01:53:22
Link | Citer | R

Oh thanks
By fillerbunny9 2016-11-12 10:07:33
Link | Citer | R

so I dual boxed Tenzen VD last night, however there were zero 119 weapon upgrade items in the treasure pool. both characters received their 3 "individual pool" items, but is this normal? it was a massive pain in the butt to pull off, and it would be considerably easier for me to just do the D and get 2 individual pool items each instead.
 Valefor.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-14 03:00:44
Link | Citer | R

Game won't let me mount the moogle mount from the event.
I learned the key item from the qiqirn and have it in my mounts section of spells, but when I click to mount it says /ma "moogle" <me> a command error has occured.

Why can't I use it? :(
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-11-14 03:32:15
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Kiaru said: »
Game won't let me mount the moogle mount from the event.
I learned the key item from the qiqirn and have it in my mounts section of spells, but when I click to mount it says /ma "moogle" <me> a command error has occured.

Why can't I use it? :(
Off the top of my head it could be gearswap, try unloading that and see if it works, if it's not I'd imagine it's some plugin or add-on.

My suspicion would be that the reources haven't been updated to include the new moogle mount maybe.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-14 05:27:59
Link | Citer | R

If you have Shortcuts loaded, it will try to use the Moogle trust, if you have it. If you don't have it nothing will happen.

Try to summon Moogle Mount from the menu and see if anything changes. If this way you'll be able to summon your mount, then the culprit likely is Shortcuts.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-11-14 05:54:51
Link | Citer | R

Ah yes that will be it, for some reason I didn't think there was a moogle spell/ability.

It's the same reason Beastmasters would have issues using pet abilities that doubled as Blue Magic Spells, Jettatura for example
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-14 06:46:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
If you have Shortcuts loaded, it will try to use the Moogle trust, if you have it. If you don't have it nothing will happen.

Try to summon Moogle Mount from the menu and see if anything changes. If this way you'll be able to summon your mount, then the culprit likely is Shortcuts.
What menu?
I do abilities > mount > moogle.
I am using shortcuts.

How can I fix this?
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-11-14 10:09:12
Link | Citer | R

Try "/mount moogle"
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-14 10:38:22
Link | Citer | R

If you haven't shut windower down for a while, do so. I'm not having that problem which means the resources were in fact updated at some point. If for whatever reason it still doesn't work, then you can do /raw /mount Moogle
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2016-11-15 03:05:37
Link | Citer | R

There was a thread yesterday on ffxi, a compilation of all jobs spreadsheets and now I want to link it to someone but I cant find it anymore and the forum search function isnt working ><
Can someone, pretty please, link the thread?
Thanks <3
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-11-15 03:25:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vienner said: »
There was a thread yesterday on ffxi, a compilation of all jobs spreadsheets and now I want to link it to someone but I cant find it anymore and the forum search function isnt working ><
Can someone, pretty please, link the thread?
Thanks <3
It's possible it was deleted maybe, I just did a google search, I saw a promising topic title that originated yesterday but when I clicked it, it just went to the forum main page.
By Calinari 2016-11-15 03:28:50
Link | Citer | R

Yeah it was put up before I left for work, came back to see if anyone posted. Gone.

Kiaru posted it, so probably removed. Site politics.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2016-11-15 04:09:22
Link | Citer | R

I still have the DNC spreadsheet open (which was dated the thread said) quickly saved it! But why was it deleted....it was the most intresting read in a long time, I could really use that ><
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-11-15 04:11:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vienner said: »
I still have the DNC spreadsheet open (which was dated the thread said) quickly saved it! But why was it deleted....it was the most intresting read in a long time, I could really use that ><
Is it definitely an up to date spreadsheet and not the outdated Mote ones?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-15 04:16:52
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Kiaru said: »
What menu?
I select myself as target, click to open the contextual menu (different from the main menu), then abilities, then mounts, then moogle.
Not sure if this is any different from using the main menu.
For me it works, and I have Shortcuts loaded.
If you tried the same steps I indicated and it's still not working for you then the cause is something else and I think we can exclude Shortcuts as being the culprit =/

If I try //moogle the Trust gets summoned for me though, instead of the mount.
 Asura.Hitome
By Asura.Hitome 2016-11-16 13:15:24
Link | Citer | R

Was anything discovered about Kumhau's aura?

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/29127/random-question-thread-ffxi-related/364/#2877174

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Kumhau: Unlike Utkux, it doesn't appear to be broken by simply dealing fire damage, and I'm sure we've all been in prolonged Kumhau fights due to aura staying up the whole freakin' time. I've also tried a few other things, like different elements, damage types, SC damage, crits, etc. but I can't find anything conclusive. I'll give him a test sometime soon to see if he got secretly changed too.

I know Jeanpaul brought it up here and raised the same questions I have. I've seen blue procs but spamming fire magic on BLM doesn't seem to cause this. I haven't been able to dig up any other information in regards to him.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-11-16 14:44:21
Link | Citer | R

Been a long time since I've bothered to fight him. One of the tricky things about WKR procs is that unlike VW, the !! happens after whatever animation they're doing is finished. In other words, if multiple people are doing something and manage to proc him during his WS, the !! won't appear til the WS is over. This makes it pretty hard to narrow the cause down unless you're there by yourself.

I could give it a shot next time I have a moment to play.
 Asura.Hitome
By Asura.Hitome 2016-11-16 16:19:40
Link | Citer | R

If you have any theories, I'd be happy to test them.

The only two guesses I have right now are 1) a large amount of fire damage via MB or 2) a very, very low chance to proc to any fire damage.

I guess I shouldn't rule out the possibility of SE botching this particular WKR.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-11-16 16:26:55
Link | Citer | R

No ideas at the moment, but I think with how good gear is now, I would be less vulnerable and therefore find it less frustrating to try things. As for whether or not it's working as intended, I suppose that's possible, since they secretly changed Hurkan from Earth MB to just Earth damage at one point.
 Fenrir.Dragonimi
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Dragonimi
By Fenrir.Dragonimi 2016-11-18 00:32:36
Link | Citer | R

Anyone understand the proc system for the High-Tier Avatar fights? Had a group last night talking about "White !!" all night, and saying we were losing because they weren't able to hit it anymore. Was odd, and I have never seen white !! on those, just Yellow and Blue when hitting Magic and JA triggers.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-11-18 00:38:05
Link | Citer | R

yellow red blue from magic ws ja, white is from pet abilities. cant say ive ever used white proc before in any of my kills
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-11-18 00:41:42
Link | Citer | R

White !! is from pet abilities. Also, there's red !! for WSs. You only get so many (1 each on D/VD) until they use their Astral Flow. They won't proc during the Astral Flow moves, either. Some groups completely ignore them and just focus on killspeed, though they can be useful to prevent some problematic *** (healing, obnoxious debuffs, damage).

A little tip if you're having problems; the Avatar "merit" WSs (Grand Fall, Meteor Strike, Wind Blade, etc) only have an aoe radius of 5', centered on the target. It's easy to keep other players and trusts at a safe distance from whoever has hate, especially as the melee range is larger than usual with Avatars.
 Fenrir.Dragonimi
user: Dragonimi
By Fenrir.Dragonimi 2016-11-18 00:54:47
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for the response. After some questioning, they were using Angon and Tamahawk when I wasn't in the PT and stopped using it when I showed up. Go figure, they blame it on the second geo giving them frailty/fury/haste instead of the missing JAs.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2016-11-18 01:37:37
Link | Citer | R

Angon means that there was a dragoon and their wyvern can proc white.

The terror aside, one proc will remove the physical damage reduction they have so you should always do at least that one, hehe.
 Odin.Madotsuki
Serveur: Odin
user: Madotsuki
By Odin.Madotsuki 2016-11-18 14:07:34
Link | Citer | R

Recently returned and having a overall good time duo'ing with my friend, but getting a bit frustrated with the performance of our available Healer trusts. Thinking of gearing up a support job to be able to just heal my friend consistently so we can utilize DPS trusts instead. Would WHM or RDM benefit a duo setup better for lowmanning stuff like REM chapters, Adoulin/Rhapsodies missions, Skirmish, Ambuscade, etc?
First Page 2 3 ... 465 466 467 ... 849 850 851